Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ A New Beginning ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters, but I would love to that way there would only be yaoi couples and maybe TooruxKyou,lol.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. And I won't have it any other way. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Note: I need a beta! So if you like the fic after just the first chapter and is online very often, then please assist!

Chapter Twelve
A New Beginning
It was a quiet morning, the sun was rising, the birds were just waking up to catch the early worm. It was cold and frosty but if you were snuggled on a couch with warm blankets and fluffy pillows, you would feel like you were in heaven. Just like Kyou was feeling until... -alarm- 'beep-beep, beep-beep'
"Mmm.." groaned a sleepy Kyou while turning to his side to see what was making the sound, since there was no alarm clock in the living room. He blinked eerily and looked up. A smiling Tooru was kneeled down beside him holding up an alarm next to his head, read 6:30 am. "Already? I don't wanna get up...I wanna stay..." Said Kyou with an annoyed voice. "Eh, I still got time! I'll just close my eyes and rest a few minutes."
"But Kyou-" Tooru looked upset as she stood back up and headed for her room to prepare.
Unknown to Kyou, a whole hour passed and he was still a sleep. "Kyou! Wake up or you'll be late for school!" Yelled out Kagura from the kitchen. Kyou slowly opened his eyes and immediately looked at the clock. "7:35am! Dammit! I over slept...again!" He jumped off the couch and ran over to bathroom to put on his school uniform. Like a bolt of lightening, he grabbed his bookcase and ran into the kitchen.
"Good Morning, Kyou-kun." Kagura smiled finishing the breakfast Tooru had prepared for everyone.
"Why the hell didn't you wake me up earlier!" Complained Kyou, still panting from his running.
"Woah, take it easy Kyou! I tried to wake you up but you refused." Tooru explained now putting up the dishes. "Everyone else is ready. You just need to eat." Said a proud Tooru as she gave Kyou a plate of pancakes.
After swallowing his last bite, he drank some orange juice. "Can we go now!"
"We've been ready cat, its you we were waiting for." Yuki said coldly walking in just as Kyou put up his plate.
"Who said I want to walk to school with you anyway you damn rat!" Kyou sputtered grabbing his belongings and heading for the door.
Yuki smirked and turned to the already prepared girls. "Shall we go ladies?" They nodded and all left together.
They finally made it to the school. They came face to face with their classroom door, Yuki put his hand up to the door handle and slid it open for the rest. When the four walked in together they received a few stray looks.
"Sorry we're late Sensei! Oh, and we brought a new student." Tooru then stopped bowing and apologizing when she realized the whole class was staring at her. She smiled and moved out of the way to introduce Kagura.
"Who do we have here?"
"I'm Sohma Kagura." She answered shyly and embarrassed.
The class suddenly burst into chatter. "Another Sohma is in our class! The last few were Hatsuharu and Momiji, now we have a girl."
Tooru then grabbed Kagura's wrist and walked over to her seat next to her two friends, Arisa Uotani and Saki Hanajima.
"Hey Tohru!" Called out Uo to her friend.
"Hey Uo, Hana." Answered Tooru.
"So you are related to orange top and prince Yuki?" Uo asked, pulling out a seat for the young Sohma.
She nodded. "Yes, but I won't remain Kyou-kun's cousin for long. We are promise to each other." Kagura blushed and held her hands close to her heart.
"What! You are going to marry orange top, here?" Uo nearly jumped from her seat. "I feel so sorry for you! He's a complete ass." She laughed finally taking her seat again.
Kyou then looked at Kagura in disbelief. "There's no way in hell I would marry to that ugly thing! I'd rather eat dog shit." Answered Kyou in his "As a matter of fact" tone.
"Kyou stopped playing hard to get!" Yelled out Kagura, emphasizing the 'hard to get' bit to mock Kyou.
Kyo gave a dirty look over to Kagura. "Kiss my ass." He hissed.
"That does it! That's no way to talk to a lady much less your cousin." Screamed Uo slamming her fist on her desk. "If you have such a big mouth you should back it up with muscle!"
The whole class "Oooooed" at this as to make fun of Kyou.
Kyou leaned back on his chair, putting his hands behind his head. "I wouldn't want to hurt such a delicate woman, so I'll pass", were the words he spoke out.
Yuki just looked down and whispered "Great. This is going to be a fine year", sarcastically.
At lunch, outside under a tree sat Uo, Hana, and Tooru discussing things about Kagura and Kyou. Uo was the one mostly talking. "Poor Kagura, I feel sorry for her seeing as she has to spend lunch with orange top! That idiot, always making life hard for everyone, I should beat him to a pulp!" Uo said as her first curled up.
Hana took a sip of her tea before speaking. "Calm down, Arisa. Kagura's not the only one with trouble, that boy is too. Every time he's near, I can sense strange electric waves coming from him. Same with the other Sohma's in this school." Hana said in her emotionless voice.
“Now come on, guys. It not like Kagura had to spend time with Kyou, she wanted to.” Tooru interrupted trying to change the subject, but she failed due to Uo continuing the conversation.
Uo knew Hana was strange, but when she talked about the Sohma's, it suddenly made Uo interested to ask a few more question. "Even the prince?" She curiously asked.
Hana looked up at her friend. "Yes, even Yuki." It just seemed wierd to Uo that someone as calm as Yuki would have the same waves as Kyou. But she still managed to believe what Hana was telling her.
Tooru and Uo just stared at each other for a few seconds which seemed minutes to both of them. Tooru then spoke “Can we talk about something else?" She said giving away one of her smiles to Uo.
"Why? Do you know something about prince Yuki that we don‘t?" Came an emotionless voice from behind Uo. Uo shrieked and looked behind her to find Hana standing directly behind her.
"Gee Hana! Do you have to scare me like that every time I see you?"
Hana just looked at Uo “It‘s time to go." she said.
Uo then said quickly changing the subject. "So are you okay with living with a person who also likes orange top, Tooru?"
"Isn't it obvious? She has all her anger bottled up inside her. I can sense her waves." Hana spoke. She then walked passed Uo. Tooru just laughed to herself and shock her head. "Shall we go to class, Arisa?" Uo looked was a bit taken back by Hana's words. It just didn't seem normal that Tooru would keep things bottled up inside her. Uo decided to let the matter drop and she headed to class with Hana.
To Be Continued...