Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ Curious Minds ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters, but I would love to that way there would only be yaoi couples and maybe TooruxKyou,lol.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. And I won't have it any other way. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Note: I need a beta! So if you like the fic after just the first chapter and is online very often, then please assist!

Chapter Fourteen
Curious Minds
Kyou sighed remorsefully, standing up from his seat. Everything had seemed to go down hill from being punched in the face by Kagura. So far he was sure he had failed the pop quiz the teacher had sprung out of nowhere, a pond his and Yuki's return from the bathroom. And now that school was over he could finally get the break he so richly deserved. He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder violently and stumped out into the hall, completely ignoring the shouting from Kagura, who had fell behind to talk to students.
"Kyou-kun! Wait up, it's not very nice to leave people!" She exclaimed, finally catching up to him by the time he reached the front door.
"Not if it's you I'm leaving." He frowned and kept his glace straight ahead.
"Oh, Kyou, I said I was sorry about the hit."
"I'm not even thinking of that. So leave me the hell alone." He pouted, starting to move faster.
Kagura sighed as well; she longed for the chance Kyou would give her existence the time of day. "Must you always lie to me?"
"Kagura-chan!" interjected Uo quickly, before Kyou could answer back. "We're all going to the public pool, want to come?"
"Well..." She said uncertainly, "I don't know...I would rather spend time with Kyou-kun."
"Orange top wouldn't want to come since Prince Yuki is coming too." Uo stated sarcastically. Kyou's eyes widened in surprise; why in the world would Yuki want to go swimming with a bunch of girls.
"Than I won't go." Kagura replied back, looking back to the cat she adored and admired. "Unless you go with me, Kyou-kun. Please say you will?" She lifted her hands and held them together, preparing herself to beg.
"Fine, I'll go. But you have to leave me alone more often." Kyou pouted. And in an instant, Kagura jumped up and tattled him with excitement.
"Oh, thank you; you're the best Kyou-kun!" Kagura embraced him tightly and smiled.
-Swimming Pool-
Kyou sat on the side of the pool, his eyes staring into its depths. He frowned when the face of his lover appeared in the water next to Tooru's. He had watched Uo, Hanajima, Tooru, Kagura, and Yuki all swim around having fun. But of course him being the cat, he avoided the water. He was more annoyed when Yuki started splashing Tooru for fun, not to mention Kagura coming back every five minutes asking him to join in. And as usual he objected to the idea.
Suddenly in curiosity, Kyou noticed Kagura whispering something to Uo. Uo nodded, rushing to the side of the pool and climbing out. "Hey, orange top! Take a dip!" Uo yelled, out of nowhere appearing behind Kyou and shoving him off into the pool as a joke. Yuki quickly noticed Kyou; spurting and splashing as if he was drowning and swam over to Kyou.
“I'll get you, you damn Yankee!” He kicked and hit at the water surrounding him. Kagura started giggling as Yuki swam over to him.
"Now,” Yuki began, “you finally decided to join us.” Kyou tried to speak in response, but sank to the bottom after another minute of struggling. Yuki pulled him back up.
“Allow me to help you,” Yuki smirked, "I can't let such a pathetic creature such as yourself drown, now can I?"
"Wow, who knew you were so pathetic, Kyou!" Uo jokingly wet and teased him.
"Shut up!" Kyou yelled back, feeling embarrassed for having Yuki save him. Everyone laughed in response. After a long time of splashing each other, a game of water tag was started.
"Okay everyone, I'll be it. So when I call Marco you all call Polo, understood?" Uo proclaimed. Everyone nodded in agreement; Kyou not really wanting to though. "Alright! Marco!" Uo yelled, and surely everyone else called Pollo. People scattered across the pool. Tooru mainly tagging along with Hanajima, and Kagura following Kyou. Yuki was randomly choosing is path to travel alone. "Marco!"
"Pollo!" Kyou's voice sounded louder than the rest, due to his irritation by being here. Uo could quickly determine his location by his loud yell, and Kagura quickly noticed this.
"Kyou! Watch out, she knows where you are!" Kagura exclaimed, making her way over to him, splashing around water as she tried to make way. Kyou fled to the opposite side, but in order to do that he would have to past by Uo rapidly. As he tried to do so, Kagura had concluded he was giving up and letting her catch him. "No! Kyou-kun, don't!"
"What-" Kyou suddenly found himself being pushed by Kagura, in her attempt to move him away from Uo. Only thing was she pushed him towards her, and Kyou felled in Uo; instantly changing into his cat form.
"Kyou?" Up opened her eyes and looked around. "I could have sworn he was here just a minute ago. Did that scaredy cat run away?" She teased, turning Kyou red with fury. Hanajima and Tooru, who had there backs tuned at the time of the crime, were surprised to see a drowning cat. Yuki sweat dropped, Kyou was the only one who would let his guard down like that.
"Stupid cat." He whispered, walking over, followed by the others.
"Kyou-kun!" Kagura shouted, nearly crying as she watched the cat struggle and splash through the water pathetically.
"Now, now. How did this brave creature get in here?" Yuki replied innocently, taking the cat up in his arms. Kyou panted relentlessly, happy to finally be out of the dreaded water. Yuki smiled with a giggle, and patted it gently. "We better get you out before the lifeguard finds you." He sifted through the water, calmly and climbed out of the pool. Kagura and Tooru, both astonished by Yuki's distraction for Kyou.
"Now how the hell did that cat get in here?" Uo questioned. She returned her attention back to the game.
"A better question is, where is Kyou?" Hanajima interrupted, suddenly lifting up Kyou's orange swimming trunks from the water. "Especially without these." Kagura blushed at the thought of when her Kyou-kun would return to human form without them.
"That freak is running around naked?" Uo concluded.
"I wander..." Hanajima suspected.
"Hey, come on, let's continue the game!" Tooru quickly budded in to protect that conversation on it.
"Alright." Uo poked Tooru suddenly, "now you're it."
"You guys keep playing, I think I'll go look for Kyou-kun, okay?" Kagura interrupted. They all nodded and started to play again.
-Sohma House-
"Feel better?" Yuki asked concerning, after drying the orange cat with a towel.
"No." He replied angrily. "I'd be better if Kagura hadn't pushed me into that Yankee and made me transform." Yuki giggled. "What's so damn funny!"
"Nothing." He smiled and headed for the door out of the room. "I be right back, go ahead and get dressed when you change back." Yuki requested, leaving the room and closing the door behind him.
Meanwhile Kagura had just arrived back home and breezed through the hallway to the kitchen, her concern grew. Just as she entered the kitchen, she saw Yuki leaving it. "Is Kyou-kun okay?" She stopped him from leaving.
"He's fine, a little grouchy, but fine." Yuki didn't hesitate for her reaction and returned to the room. When he opened the door, Kyou was fully dressed again and sitting on the bed patiently. "Here." He swiftly handed Kyou a long stick with white plastic wrapping. Kyou stared at it oddly.
"How is a popsicle going to make me feel better?"
"Just eat it, stupid cat." Yuki demanded with a serious expression.
Kagura unconsciously walked down the hallway to Yuki's room, he expected Kyou to be there whining. Just as she reached to open the door--
--Then stopped dead.
They were having a conversation. Curious, Kagura leaned her ear towards the door and listened up. It sounded like Kyou and he was groaning?
"I don't want to, you damn rat." Kyou argued, trying to giving the popsicle back.
"Stop being stubborn and take it off." Yuki argued back, removing the wrapper off of his popsicle.
Kagura had to bite her hand to keep from gasping.
"Fine." Kyou groaned again, removing the wrapper. "What the hell is this?" Kyou frowned, referring to both of their popsicles being orange.
"What? You never tasted one before?"
"No, not that. Why does it have to be orange?"
"Cause I love orange." Yuki stated teasingly, licking it slowly.
"Why the hell are you licking it like that!"
At that last phrase--half-shouted, half-groaned in ecstasy--Kagura blacked out for a few seconds. When her senses returned to her, she found that the front of her shirt and tie were soaked in blood, and more was threatening to explode from her nose.
Driven by terminal curiosity and disbelief that she'd actually heard what she'd heard, she put her ear back to the door.
"Cause this is how I eat it. You should try." Yuki smirked.
Kyou groaned in annoyance but did so as well. He took a long lick. "Mmmm...it's not half bad."
"Told you. But you can never get the full taste unless you suck it."
"Suck it?" Kyou blushed at the statement.
"Yeah. Like this." Yuki demonstrated, by sliding the whole popsicle in his throat slowly.
"Goddamn! You just took the whole thing in your mouth all at once!" Kyou exclaimed, surprised by Yuki's ability.
"You mean you can't?"
"Shut up! I can do anything better than you! I can even bite it!"
Kagura jerked away, as though the metal were molten. After staring at the door in pure horror.
Kyou quickly jabbed the whole treat into his throat. Yuki laughed shortly, "wow you do have a big mouth." Just as Kyou took a huge bite he broke from the stick.
"What the hell! It's full of cream!" Kyou yelled, referring to the soft creamy center of the popcicle.
"Of course, just the way I like it. Don't you like it?"
"Its...sweet." Kyou answered, still trying to consider if he liked the flavor.
"Do you want some more?" Yuki asked suspiciously with a smile.
Kagura couldn't take it anymore, she could no longer let this go on. Akito was right to be suspicious of those two, she thought. "Have you no SHAME, you--you sex happy perverts!" Kagura bellowed as she broke down the bedroom door. "How dare you taint my Kyou-kun with your sick twisted ways, Yuki. I oughtta--" And she stopped, in utter surprise.
Kyou was sitting casually on Yuki's bed with all of his clothes still on. He had a look of sweaty rapture on his face, and was taking another bite of his popsicle. Yuki was also fully dressed, standing up on the opposite side of the room, eating a popsicle too.
Both men froze, mid-lick, when the Kagura broke in. Kyou stood up off of Yuki's bed with a guilty blush on his face. Yuki stared at her curiously.
Kagura was stumped. "What... what... what the HELL were you two doing?"
"Um..." Kyou turned even redder. "I--"
"Acting stupid over something as simple as a popsicle," Yuki said matter-of-factly.
"Huh?" Kagura gaped.
It looked as though the blood vessels in Kyou's face were going to burst. He looked at his feet and mumbled something incoherent.
"Are you all right, Kyou-kun?" Kagura asked.
"Yes! Of course! Why the hell wouldn't I!" He gave a high-pitched, nervous shout. "How come you have blood all over your shirt?"
"Nothing--" She quickly rushed out of the room, blushing as the door closed behind her.
"Who knew?" Yuki marveled, taking the last bite of his popsicle. "Never figured Kagura to be the type to get off on that stuff." He glanced at Kyou with a critical eye. "Are you all right? You look like you've got a nasty sunburn and your face is fixing to peel off. Why're you blushing so much?"
Kyou didn't stop going red. He mumbled something Yuki didn't catch--either "I'm tired" He started to walk to the door when Yuki suddenly grabbed his arm.
"Why, Kyou... I do believe that this comedy of errors is turning you on."
"N-NO!" Kyou choked out, his eyes bugging out, his face suddenly blanching to the color of paper. "I-I-I-I-I-I-I'd n-never...at least not with Kagura still around." His tongue suddenly tied itself in 34 different knots as Yuki turned him around to face him. He let himself stare into the rat's eyes, getting hopelessly lost as he always did. He made a small noise of surprise when Yuki suddenly pulled him closer--
Kagura popped back in the very next second. "Oh, Yuki, Kyou-kun, I-" She stopped, seeing that the two boys in a close embrace. Kyou immediately pushed Yuki back, blushing more than ever.
"Yeah, what!"
"...I just wanted to know what you two wanted for dinner..." Kagura mumbled a little then quickly closing the door back and rushing into the kitchen. "Oh, my god. Was I right to suspect something?" She questioned herself.