Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Mysteries ❯ The New Transfer students ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I just recently remembered that I came up with this fanfic a while ago. Only I forgot after the computer incident. Me and my two buddies: Miranda and Sandra love Fruits Basket. No, we adore the series! We just think it's so adorable! Only there is a few characters I do get creeped out by.(shudder)
Disclaimer: All characters that can be recognized are owned by the author of Fruits Basket, Natsuki Takaya. Original characters are owned by moi.

The New Transer Students

Shigure Sohma stood with Tohru Honda in a suit instead of a kimono.
"Isn't this exciting Shigure? We were chosen to greet the new transfers from America," exclaimed Tohru hopping up and down.
"Yes it is. I can't wait to see what these American school girls look like," Shigure agreed.
They were waiting at the departure gate for the three new kids. At first they saw familes greeting their loved ones one by one, bit by bit, the people began leaving. Tohru and Shigure were starting to get worried when they saw three weary girls walking out. One was in the middle and had long brown hair and blue eyes. She looked stressed. The shortest one was small and had auburn curly hair and brown eyes. She looked somewhat happier than the other two. The tallest one was one the brunette's left and had curly red hair. She still looked happier than the brunette.
They all stopped and looked around. Tohru started to wave her arms. The shortest one spotted her and ran right up to her.
"Hi, my name is Lucy Thomason!"
"Hi there, my name is Tohru Honda!"
"My name is Shigure Sohma. I will be your escort to your apartment."
"Nice to meet you Shigure, my name is Natalie Sathe. Oh and this is Katelyn Stanson."
"Well, now that we have the formals taken care of, shall we go and take you to your new home," Shigure suggested after he saw the girls yawn.
Pulling their luggage behind them Katelyn, Lucy, and Natalie stepped out into the bright light. In front of them was a car with Shigure in a passenger seat and another man in the drivers seat. Tohru helped them put their things in the trunk of the car and got in after them.
"Thanks Tohru," Lucy said as soon as they got in.
"Oh, I forgot to introduce our driver. This is Hatori Sohma. He won't allow Shigure to drive anywhere on his own."
"Tohru, you made me sound like a madman," Shigure whined to Tohru.
"Ohh, I'm so sorry," Tohru said flustered.
"Don't worry about it Tohru, he really is a madman," Hatori said aloud.
Natalie smirked alittle then took back to her usual emotionless face when Lucy pulled out her camera.
"Aww man, I didn't even have time to take a picture of that," Lucy whined."It's hard to get a pic of her smiling!"
Katelyn smiled and turned to Hatori. "You just accomplished what no other person was able to do in years."
"What is that," Hatori asked.
"You got her to smile, even if it was a little one."
"She hardly smiles? Why is that," Shigure pried.
Natalie gave him an evil look and turned to face the window.
"W-we can't tell you that. It's our families's secret," Lucy muttered as her face fell.
Hatori looked suspiciously at Natalie as her friends tried to cheer her up. Tohru looked confused and told Shigure that she needed a few things from the store so that she could make dinner that night. Natalie opened the locket that lay on her chest and sighed. Katelyn and Lucy watched her until they got to where they were supposed to stay. It was a house owned by the Sohmas but never used. However, there were housekeepers to maintain the place.
The Head of the Sohmas donated it so that it would be a place for transfer students to stay while in Japan. It wasn't far from the Sohma house run by Shigure so Tohru invited them over for dinner. after they got settled. They went exploring after they put their stuff up and washed and dressed in fresh clothing. They found a lake nearby with flower garden beside it. Natalie checked her watch and made to grab her friends shirts and drag them to the car where Hatori was waiting to take them over to Shigure's.
"Oh yeah. Thanks for covering me when that guy bumped into me in the airport. I'm glad that we were by the bathroom," Natalie muttered as they got into the car.
"Well, It would've been bad for us if somebody spotted you. I'm so relieved that no one else was there to see it," Katelyn replied.
"Did you find everything to your liking? I had to make Shigure wouldn't go snooping around there so I implanted a chip when I gave him a shot."
"I really don't want to know where that is," Lucy giggled.
Natalie's lip twitched but it wasn't a guatantee of anything. Katelyn watched her friend closely. She knew what had between her and her family and figured that at the moment that she was worried about them. All the while Lucy was answering questions that Hatori was asking.
"Wow," Lucy exclaimed."It looks almost exactly like the place we're staying in."
Hatori got out and went inside.
"Kyo, Yuki, stop fighting. The girls are about to come in. You shouldn't allow yourselves to be seen like this. And the house is a mess now," Hatori ordered.
"U-uh guys! Snakes are following me," Natalie said as she tried to shoo them away.
"Calm yourself down. You know they start to follow you when you're in a bad mood," Lucy said as she pulled a few off the ground and put them in a bush.
Katelyn cringed away from them. She saw Hatori look outside and gasped.
"Nat, Lu, he saw, he saw!"
"Hatori! Can you please help me get these snakes away," Natalie said as she pushed a few more away.
Hatori nodded and went back inside to get a broom.
"Haa-san, where are they," Shigure said as Tohru set out some plates.
"There are a few snakes outside and they are afraid."
"They'd be even more scared when they meet my brother," Yuki said in disdain as he helped Tohru.
"How can you say that about your own brother, Yuki? He is my best friend, along with Haa-san of course."
The three girls and Hatori walked in to see Yuki hit Shigure upside the head with a pan. Lucy and Katelyn stepped behind Natalie and looked out from each shoulder.
"H-hey! Get away from behind me!"
"Kyo, Yuki, I have already told you to behave yourselves," Hatori reprimanded.
Yuki bowed low.
"I apologize for my rude behavior."
"Hey don't accuse me of anything! He's the one that hit Shigure with a pot," Kyo yelled looking over his shoulder.
"Uh-h. Welcome!I hope you enjoy the dinner that I made tonight," Tohru said quickly trying to make up for the fact the dinner wasn't going right from the time the guests walked in.
"But you didn't that for us Tohru," Katelyn said as she looked at all the food Tohru made.
"This looks delicious. Next time we have what we need we'll make you some food," Lucy said as she sat down beside Yuki.
As soon as she sat down he scooted away a little bit and started a conversation with Tohru. Katelyn was watching Kyo and was beginning to freak him out. The three girls were already noticing the unusual haircolor of Kyo's and Yuki's hair. They knew it was rare for japanese to have any of these haircolors while Americans were a mix of so many countries and nationalities that one family could have all kinds of hair color. Lucy also was beginning to look suspiciously at Yuki.
Shigure was the first one to start to eat. The others followed.
"So, what do you think," Tohru asked tentatively.
"I don't think you need to worry, you're an excellent cook," Katelyn replied.
Tohru blushed and looked down at her plate in embarrassment. Katelyn smiled and at some more of Tohru's homecooking. Lucy took to a start and looked up quickly.
"Y'know, maybe you should come over when Nat cooks. Her cooking is generally german recipes but it's really good. Her mom taught her how to make snitzel and spetzle," Lucy said as Natalie gave her a "not again" look.
"Really? There is someone else in the family that's german. His name is Momiji," Shigure spoke up.
"I'm not really that surprised by that. They do say that America is a melting pot of all nations," Hatori said idly.
Natalie flinched. She got up to put her dishes away. The kitchen was on her side of the table so she didn't have far to go. However, what she hadn't counted on something slippery as she walked back to the table. As she was about to fall on Hatori, Tohru and the rest of the Sohmas were watching in terror. Kate and Lucy got there fast enough to catch her before she did. Everybody sighed in relief in seeing that their secret wasn't exposed.
They pulled her to her feet. She laughed nervously and sat back down in her seat. Everybody was staring.
"H-heh, good thing I didn't fall on Hatori," Natalie said as she looked away. "I'll be outside."
Natalie got up and gone outside where she could watch the sun fall behind the trees. That was really close. I can't let that happen again, not like in my other school, she thought as sh swung her feet. It was starting to get cooler as the sun went further down. She prefered to be in the warm light, where the dark thoughts couldn't get her. She heard or rather, felt silent footstep step outside somewhere. That was when she heard Tohru talking to Shigure.
"Shigure, do you know where Kyo is?"
"I think he's on the roof again."
Then she heard Yuki say something.
"That idiotic cat never knows what's good for him."
"I HEARD THAT YOU STUPID RAT," she heard Kyo yell from the roof.
Hatori stepped outside the door.
"Your friends are getting ready to leave. I will drive you back to where your're staying," he said absently.
"I'll be there in a second," she replied as she got up.
She walked quickly and saw Kate almost hit Kyo as he ran down the stairs to fight Yuki. She went between them and pushed Kyo into Yuki, preventing him from touching Kate.
"Good save," Kate whispered as they got their shoes on.
"Sorry about that guys. If anyone touches her back she goes berserk and starts to attack random people. You don't want to know what happened to people at school," Natalie apologized.
Kate gave her an evil look and Nat gave her a "what else could I tell them?" look. Natalie shook her head made a "whatever" sign. She followed Kate out to the car and got in after her. Though Lucy didn't look it she was really tired. Kate was about to fall asleep herself and it was taking Natalie everything she had to stay awake. She fell asleep shortly and was woken up by Lucy as she was getting out of the car. She helped Lucy get Katelyn up and support her up to her room.
"God she was heavy," Natalie said as she got her stuff ready for a shower.
"I get the shower after you, so don't use all the hot water," Lucy said as she got the next morning's clothes laid out. School wasn't for another few weeks so they had time to get all their stuff together.
Lucy went downstairs to go sneak some of Natalie's homemade cookies when she heard her come out of the bathroom. She quickly stole a few then ran up to her room.
"Why are you acting like that?"
"Acting like what Nat?"
"You're hiding something."
"I'm not hiding anything!"
"Well whatever. You can have the shower."
Natalie went into her room and got dressed. Heheh, I know she stole some of the cookies from the jar. I will pay her back for that, Natalie thought evily and went downstairs to the bathroom on the first floor. She then flushed the toilet. Then she heard a scream from the shower and another from the room across from it.
"Lu, are you okay?!"
"Oops I woke Kate up......."
"NATALIE!!!!!!"


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello. I finally finished my first chapter of my first Fruits Basket fanfic. If you think that this chapter is funny, just wait. This is just a sample of what I write. A small one if you will. Wait till the next Chapter.