Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 2 Worlds Collide: Back Home ❯ Job hunters ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

2 Worlds Collide: Back Home
Chapter Eleven
Job Hunters
 
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of the Inuyasha or Full-Metal Alchemist characters or Naruto!
 
Summary: I'm going to stop, If you don't know what this story is about yet you need help
 
A/N: From now On I am just going to write Alex's and my ideas for this story as some one shots because we have too many ideas
 
 
 
 
After the whole business incident Alex came home bruised a little but tired more then anything. But not tired enough to not break 3 vases on her way to bed. The girls now sat at the kitchen table laughing as they talked about silly stuff as Alexis cooked, since she loved it so much, Whitney was bad at it (I think shes actually pretty good, but this is a story so shes bad at it), and Alex was way to lazy.
“Oh man, we had the best days in highschool…” Alex sighed as they all calmed down. Inuyasha walked in with a business suit and grabbed a cup of coffee.
“Hello ladies.” He said pouring it in a to go cup.
“Hey.” Alex and Whit replied.
“Hey honey.” He said kissing Alexis quickly.
“Hey, where are you going?” She asked watching the eggs.
“It's Monday and I'm off to work.” He said putting the lid on his coffee cup and taking a sip. “Did you take care of the kids?”
“Yeah, Mel and Angela are taking care of them, I made sure they had breakfast along with the other 12 and I might go out today to get some more clothes with Whit and Alex.” She replied.
“Ok, see you later.” He said giving her another kiss before heading out. “Bye girls.”
“Bye.” The answered.
“Man am I glad you're here Alexis, I don't know what I would do if I actually had to take care of my own kids.” Alex said dramatically .
“You would kill them.” Alexis replied making them all plates.
“Yeah probably.” She replied plainly.
“Besides Whit helps too.” Alexis said setting down their plates and utensils. Alexis took a bite of food and chewed thoughtfully. “Where are the guys?” Alexis asked.
“At work.” Whit answered.
“Do you know what the guys do?” Alex asked taking another bite.
“Sesshomaru owns Petco.” Whit answered.
“Inuyasha owns Petsmart, they are constantly competing…” Alexis sighed. If there had been a light bulb above Alex's head it would have clicked on an evil red glow. If you bother to read you know this can only mean one thing. She has a plan….Or JC Pennys is having a sale…But in this case it was a plan.
“Guys I have an idea…” Alex started.
“Shit.” Alexis replied making Alex glare.
“…Like I was saying. I think what we need to do is spy on Roy and Ed to find out what they do. Roy hasn't left yet so we will do him first.” Alex said evilly.
“Why don't we just ask them?” Alexis asked.
“Because they can always lie, this way we will find out for sure.” Alex said, no since we all know Alex that was code for, because I want to do it my way and my way is the best way.
“Oh.” Alexis sighed. “How are we going to find Ed?” Alexis asked.
“Oh I put a tracking device in his car and his cell phone a long time ago.” Alex answered.
“Listen…I think I hear Roy leaving…” Whit said.
“Come on to the trunk we go!” Alex said grabbing the two and pulling them out the house and down the hall to Roy's car and throwing them and herself into the trunk just before Roy came out and got in. The car started and with a voom.
“Hey Alex…” Alexis started.
“Yeah?” Alex answered.
“How are we going to get out?”
“…………………&# 8230;……………..That's a good question…..” She replied as the car gave a jump forward sending them all crashing to the front Alex first. Very soon after being tossed around they decided Roy was the worst driver ever, worse then Ed. When they were sure they were going to puke they stopped and they felt the car stop and the door open and shut.
“Ok, how are we going to get out?” Alexis whispered. Roy turned around and looked at his car's trunk.
“I don't know!” Alex cried softly. Roy slowly walked over to the back.
“Why don't we just yell for help?” Whit suggested.
“No! It will blow our cover!” Alex argued.
“I once saw there was some latch in here that would open the trunk.” Alexis said. “But, I don't know where it is…………………..” A long silence fell as Roy stared at the trunk oddly.
“…………….You are not much help at all Alexis.” Alex scolded. Roy unlocked the trunk now knowing it was the girls. “Did you hear that?!? I think God answered our prayers and unlocked the trunk!” Alex said happily as Alex pushed it open, Roy decided to play dumb and stood a few feet away. Alex got out and looked around.
“THERE HE IS!” Alex cried hiding behind the car and shutting the trunk when the others were out. Roy took another drag on the cigarette he lit while the girls made a lot of noise as they got settled. After he was sure they would follow he put his cigarette out on the ground and walked along the sidewalk up to the tall rectangular building. Roy pushed through the doors easily seeing the reflection of the girls in the glass as he walked. “Hurry, get in before he sees us!” Alex cried as all three of them ran in a V shaped motion with Alex in front. Alex reached out her hands to swiftly push through the door and… ran straight into it, with the other two following. They all fell back groaning. The man who sat at the reception desk jumped up looking outside after hearing three loud crashes into the glass.
“Don't worry John. Oh and when they come in pretend they are good spies ok?” Roy asked sighing and heading to the door.
“uh yeah, sure?” The guy answered. Roy opened the door for the girls.
“Are you guys ok?” He asked.
“Uh yeah thanks! Come on guys.” Alex said hiding her face along with Alexis and walking in the office. Whit just walked by smiling and waving at Roy. He shook his head and walked off sighing. The girls followed, all hiding their faces, except Whit. Roy pushed the elevator button walking in as it immediately opened. The girls followed. Roy pressed 32 and turned around.
“Uhhh, what floor?” He asked to their backs, though he could see their faces in the glass, and Whitney was facing him.
“Ummm, the floor you're going to.” Alex answered keeping her back to him.
“Ok.” He sighed as they all waited in scilence.
“Alex…” Alexis whispered. “…Why are we doing this?”
“Because we need to find out what he does.” Roy looked over to the company logo on the side of the elevator and saw the reflection of the company picture and logo right in front of Alex's face. He sighed as the doors opened and he stepped out into the small hall. Then through the only glass door, making sure to keep it open and go through slow enough the girls could keep up. He walked through stopping at his secretaries desk.
“Any mail today Riza?” He asked.
“Yes Roy right here.” She said bending down to get the mail as the girls ran in behind the couch. Riza got back up handing him the mail. He held it up nodding and sorting through it. Riza watched, looking at a certain part of him as he went through the mail. Alex glared, her head barely peaking over the couch.
“That stupid blonde, trying to move in on Roy! I'll show her.” Alex slumped down pulling out her cell phone. “Alexis, cell phone.” Alexis nodded and took out her cell giving it to Alex. Alex dialed in a number playing with her phone.
“What are you doing?” Alexis asked as the office phone rang.
“Duraflame company, Roy's office Riza speaking.” Alex held her cell up to the other.
“BACK OFF RIZA HES MINE!” Ed's voice rang into the phone. Riza stared at it.
“Ed?” The phone clicked and she stared at it then looked up at Roy.
“What did Ed want?” He asked absently. When she didn't answer he looked down at her shocked, staring form. “What?” Alex laughed, not realizing she didn't shut her phone.
“BACK OFF RIZA HES MINE!” Ed voice rang again. Riza leaned over and Roy turned around to look at the couch.
“Shit!” Alex cursed. She put her hand on the couch shaking it. “No one is here, just me…the couch… I am a talking couch wooooo.”
“Get down sir!” Riza said pulling out a gun and shooting the couch 5 times. Alex screamed ducking down with the other girls.
“Oh my god, you shot me…. OH MY GOD IM BLEEDING!” Alex screamed looking at her red shoulder. “Oh my god!” Whit looked at it stuck her finger in it and licked it.
“It tastes like ketchup.” Whit smiled. Alexis did the same.
“You're right.” She agreed.
“Listen guys I know my blood tastes good, but you cant have any more.” Alex cried.
“Alex, what did you do with those packets of Ketchup when you stole them.
“I put them…” Alex started pulling out a broken packet. “…oh, Im not bleeding I'm ok.” She said happily. Roy walked over turning the couch over and exposing the girls.
“What are you guys doing following me to work? You can't just be trying to find out what I do.” He sighed.
“Oh yeah! And Why not!” She cried.
“Because, there was a huge company sign on the building, one in the lobby, one in the elevator, three in here including one above your head now, and Riza answered the phone saying it too.” He clarified. The girls still sat there looking stupid. “I own Durflame, I make grills, and matches, and stuff.” He sighed.
“Oh…” Alex said.
“Why don't we go into my office.” He suggested.
“Ok.” Alex shrugged and they all followed him. Riza stood by her desk. “Im watching you.” Alex glared making the hand motions to add to the effect. Riza stepped back a little. Alex smirked and walked in sitting down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. It was a huge office, with windows on one wall giving it a great view of the city. IT was a standard office, with one wall of just pictures of him and his friends.
“So tell me, why did you follow me all the way here just to find out what I did?” He asked.
“They were curious, I was just going to ask you, but you know Alexis, always has to pretend to be a dective.” She sighed.
“Yeah…” Roy said disbelievingly.
“Yeah….anyway why is SHE here?” Alex growled motioning to Riza.
“She is my secretary.” Roy sighed.
“Sure is secretary secret code for love toy?”
“No secretary means she is my secretary!”
“Oh yeah sure.” Alex said sarcastically. “Why didn't you ask me to be your secretary?”
“Because…” He began standing up. He crouched down and did a flip over his desk landing next to Alex's chair. With one motion she was standing by him and in a lip lock with Alex.
“Ooooooo.” Both Whit and Alexis smirked.
“Alex and Roy, sitting in a…office… K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Whit sang. Roy broke it smiling.
“…you wouldn't like it. Tons of paperwork, no free time, not to mention you have to actually work.” He finished.
“Yeah, I wouldn't like that. I mean the paperwork eh, but I mean I would actually like have to work it would be horrible.” Alexis just sighed.
“Shouldn't we go check up on Ed?” Alexis suggested, now knowing why Alex got all pissy when Inuyasha and her were setting all kissy kissy in front of her.
“Yeah. But we need to stop by the spy shop.”
“Why?”
“Cause Ed will be harder to trick then Roy.” Alex replied snuggling into Roy.
“You saw us.” Alexis lipped.
“Oh yeah.” Roy lipped back rolling his eyes. Alexis lifted her finger and started doing circular motions with it ands pointing to Alex with her other finger. It was quiet…too quiet… Alex looked up to see Roy smiling in amusment at Alexis. She turned around quickly just catching a glimpse of Alexis putting her hands down.
“What are you doing?” Alex snapped.
“Nothing.” Alexis answered innocently.
“Whit?” Alex asked.
“Not me.” She replied.
“I meant what was SHE doing.”
“Oh, she was saying that he saw us to Roy and he agreed and she started doing the crazy sign for you, but I really didn't catch anything cause I was zoning out looking at a butterfly.” She replied absently. Alex glared at Alexis. Alexis jumped up bolting for the elevator. `Too slow!' She thought opening the door to the stairwell. Alex stopped at the door.
“No, to much work.” She said pressing the button and stepping in the elevator, Whit in tow.
*~*~*~*~*~*
“Ok, he should be around the next corner.” Alex said looking at the tracker. Alexis and Whit wearily following. Sweat seemed to pour rom their bodies. It was entirely too hot for huge bulky trench coats, the glasses with the big nose and eye glasses, and hats.
“Alex I'm hungry!” Alexis whined.
“We will get food later, god Alexis you are so weak buck up!” Alex countered. They walked around the corner of the street and Alex laughed. “I FOUND YOU NOW ED!” She cried looking at the gentlemen's club. “…I can't believe Ed would go into a club like that…”
“Alex…”
“…Am I not good enough for him? Am I not hot enough, I mean I don't see him coming on to you two…not like I could blame him…”
“Alex…”
“…Oh no! I bet that's where he works! He is a stripper! He never did a show for me!”
“Alex! He's in the resturaunt next door!” Alexis said pointing to the Olive Garden.
“You knew about this, he told you to lie, you're just covering up for him aren't you?”
“…No I can see him through the window.” Alexis pointed out. Alex turned to find Ed staring at the blankly from his table.
“Fuck he found us! HIDE!” Alex screamed as her and Alexis jumped behind a nearby car. Whit stood there and waved happily. Ed look at her strangely and waved back. Alex screamed and she tackled Whitney to the hard cement so hard even Ed popped up to see if she was ok. Alex grabbed her and dragged her back. Whitney was bleeding pretty badly from her nose.
“Ok so he knows our position, we have to be careful. We can't walk in like this we have to stash our disguises.” Alex schemed taking off her stuff.
“Uh, Alex I think we need to take Whit to a hospital she has a bad bloody nose.” Alexis said as Whit sat there , her nose streaming blood.
“Leave her, we can't loose the target. She will just slow us down.”
“Alex, this is serious, she doesn't look so good.” Alexis said as Whit passed out.
“She will be fine, come on lets go!” Alex said pulling Alexis to the cross walk. Alexis pulled out her cellphone.
“Hello 911? Yeah my friend is unconscious on the corner of 4thand central, can you come pick her up shes bleeding pretty badly. Yeah I know the hospital ios around the corner but I can't. My friend is dragging me on some stupid thing to find out what her husband does. Alex Elric. Thank you for understanding. Mmmhmmm bye.” Alexis said just as Alex dragged her racing across the street up against the side of the building.
“Ok we have to crawl over there so he doesn't see us!”
“What?” Alexis cried a few seconds before she found herself crawling on all fours after Alex. Ed watching them the whole time. Alexis looked up at him.
“What are you doing?” He lipped.
“Don't ask. Just play along.” She lipped back and continued to follow Alex. They got in and waited for the waitress to come seat them. Alexis watched the ambulance come and pick up Whitney outside, thanking the gods.
“Hi 2?” The blonde asked cheerily.
“We are having lunch with that guy, but we want a separate table on the other side of the room please.” Alex replied.
“Uhhh, sure right this way….” Alexis sighed as she followed them to the table.
“Anything to drink?” She asked.
“I will have a coke.” Alex replied hiding behind the menu
“I want your peach tea with 2 shots of wiskey on the side.” The waitress nodded and walked off. Alex and Alexis kept their menus up, Alexis didn't hide in it though, she just sat there.
“Ok…” Alex started through her menu. “…He seems to be oblivious to us…” Alexis looked over at Ed who was looking back.
Alexis shook her head. The woman brought their drinks, and eventually their food. IT went smoothly, minus the part where Alex had a fit when the waitress tried to take their menus. That was mortifying. Alexis' cellphone rang and she picked it up.
“Hello?”
“Alexis, you called.” Sesshomaru's voice rang.
“Yeah umm, I have something to tell you.” She whispered as Alex chatted on about something.
“Um, you see Whit is over at the hospital from blood loss.” Alexis explained.
“…………………&# 8230; What?” He growled.
“Alex tackled Whitney and I think she broke her nose cuz Whit was bleeding really bad. I was going to take her but Alex dragged me away cuz we are playing dectives. But I called 911 so no worries!”
“Click beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeepppp.”
“LOATHING!” Alex's cell started singing. She picked it up.
“Hello?”
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY WIFE!” Alexis winced at Sesshomaru's voice, no doubt Ed probably heard it.
“Wrong number!” She said quickly and slammed the phone shut setting it on the table. “Ok so, the enemy knows something is going on we have to be careful. Oh look hes leaving we have to follow!” Alex screamed taking Alexis and running after
Ed, knocking a pie into a mans face on the way. They grabbed their disguises and put them on as they followed Ed. Ed getting irritated by the minute. Eventually he turned around and glared at him.
“What are you two doing? I can't believe you Alex! You have something messed up in your head.”
“I am not Alex, I am a random man. You are mistaken. But Alex is a good name. I am sure she is beautiful and smart and pretty and cool and awesome, and down right rocks!” Ed sighed and just kept going. He stopped, waiting for the bus, Alex and Alexis staring at him through eye holes in their news papers. Even through the bus ride they stared at him. It was eerie. They came to his stop and they walked to his office. Alex and Alexis made sure to stay close when going through the front door. Even up to his office they stared at him through those little holes.
“Look! We are so good, He's totally oblivious to us!” Alex said happily. Alexis and Ed sweat dropped. They got off on the top floor and they followed Ed into his office. He used alchemy to seal the door then removed their glasses.
“Ok! What are you two doing here?!?” He growled.
“I came to see what you did for a living Ed!” Alex said proudly.
“… I write books…” Ha said blankly.
“Oh, you do?”
“Yeah… You know the little stacks of paper by my side of the bed? Or how I always write or read other books? Or the fact that there is a whole section of my books in the library?”
“…Oh those are yours?” Alex laughed nervously.
“…. You're a dumbass.”
“Yeah Alexis god!” Alex agreed.
“Ugh! Well you have a nice office…building is small though…” Alexis commented.
“What do you mean?” Ed asked puzzled.
“We just visited Roy's and he has 32 stories, you only have 31.”
“WHAT! OH MAN! Now I have to build 2 more stories, oh well the employees will be happy. More space and some time off.” Ed sighed.
“Now where is that guy Whitney told me about…” Alexis gave off a loud scream and shakily backed away from a desk.
“God what is it?” Alex asked. Alexis pointed to the open book. “Is that… Oh my god it is! ITS ANDREW! OH MY GOD!” Alex screamed. Ed casually walked over and looked.
“He told me his name was Larry. Any way Whitney told me about him. He moved to Japan a few years ago apparently. She said it was cuz you guys moved here…. Anyway…”
“OH MY GOD DOES HE KNOW WHERE WE LIVE?!?!” Alexis cried.
“Yeah Whit invited him to the house once.” Ed said thoughtfully. The phone rang and Ed put it on speaker.
“Hey Ed.” A man answered.
“Oh hey Larry, we were just talk…”
“ED CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW BYE!” Alex yelled slamming the phone.
“I'm guessing Whit didn't tell you he was stopping by tonight…”
“WHAT!” The girls screamed.
“He should be there soo…hey where are we going.” Ed yelled as Alex slung him over her shoulder and running out.
“We have to get home now!” Alex reasoned as she ran, Alexis behind her.
“Do you think she realizes shes carrying me?” Ed asked.
“No I don't think so…” Alexis said replying.
~~~~~~~~~
Inuyasha drove down the street after a long day at work. He drove to his home…but it wasn't there.
“What the…” He started parking at the curb. He jumped out looking at the giant dome. Pulling out his cell he dail his home number and waited. A young man walked up next to him waiting. “Hi.” He said.
“OH hey.” The kid replied. Inuyasha waited.
“Hello?” Alex's voice came.
“Hey yeah, funny thing. I can't get in there is a dome around the house.” He said sarcastically.
“OH well as long as its just you…” She said as the dome opened.
“Well actually there is this guy next to me…” The dome slammed down.
“What! There is? Is his name Larry?” Alex asked.
“I don't know I'll ask. Hey your name Larry?” He asked.
“No.” He replied.
“No, no that's not it…”
“Is it Andrew?” Alex asked.
“Is it Andrew?”
“Yeah…” He replied curiously.
“Yep this is him…Why are you asking?”
“Ok you know that ex boyfriend Alexis always talks about who like tatally hates her and called her a bitch and accused her of brainwashing and even got Lizzi to go against her?”
“Yeeeaaaahhhh….”
“That's him…” Alex concluded. Inuyasha looked the kid over.
“I'll call you back…” He said flipping closed his phone. “So I hear you know Alexis….”
“Oh man yeah, she was a total bitch. I went out with her once, big mistake. Man I hear she's married, it must be to a major loser. He would have to be to wanna marry that thing.” He sneered. Inuyasha cracked his knuckles.
~~~~~~
Inuyasha walked in after ten minutes with blood on his shirt.
“No problem he's taken care of.” He said simply taking off his shirt and throwing it out.
“Oh my god, you like kept all evidence! What did you castrate him?” Alex growled. He turned to her.
“Would you touch THAT thing?” He asked taking a swig of milk from the carton.
“No… Where did you leave him?”
“Hes on the grass…”
“What you didn't dispose of him on someone's lawn?” Alex cried.
“If you want to go ahead….” He shrugged. Alex thought.
“Oh my god! Where does Kagome live? I have a gift for her!”