Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Enemy's Kiss ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 2—Enemy's Kiss
Winry had lowered her forehead onto the cool feeling wood of the bar, while her palm was resting on the rim of her third cup of coffee. This was said to help sober her up. Perhaps it was working a bit, at least she wasn't swaying in her seat or slurring anymore. Now she was only tired and a little dizzy. “I don't care what you say, I don't want him to.”
“It's probably best, Winry. I know you don't want to hear this, but with him as your escort home no one would dare accost you in your current condition.” Scieszka said sympathetically.
“I said no and I mean no.” Winry lifted her head and sat upright, turning and giving her most hated enemy the dirtiest glare possible. “I don't care if the world was going to blow up and my only chance of survival was going somewhere safe with `him'…I wouldn't go. I'd rather die.”
“How flattering,” Roy Mustang was sarcastic. “You know exactly what to say to boost a man's ego.” Here he was trying to ignore the guilt gnawing at his insides and attempt to do something actually nice for the Rockbell girl and all he got for his efforts was her rude behavior and horrid comments. The truth was, he really had nothing else to do at the moment. His date didn't pan out the way he originally thought. Imagine, someone saving themselves for marriage. Sure, he thought that was fine and dandy for some people; he just wasn't one of the ones placed in that category of `some people'. So he decided to be nice tonight and see the Rockbell girl safely home. He also had this most dreadful thought…that if anything actually happened to her, he'd never hear the end of it from Fullmetal, and he just couldn't stand that pipsqueak's loud, annoying voice.
Havoc leaned closer to Fuery's ear so they could speak quietly without the Colonel overhearing. “Do you think it'll be all right? I mean, sure, Colonel Mustang is very intimidating but he too is a chaser of the ladies.”
Fuery just smiled, “Yeah I think she'll be all right. Winry is young, too young for him and you know that he knows that. But, are you having a problem with this because maybe you like her?”
“What? Don't be ridiculous.” Havoc said with a roll of his eyes, “She's barely more than a child, she's just a kid. Besides, I think Edward would kill me.”
Nodding, Fuery had a feeling that Edward certainly would, even if the boy would never admit it openly. “There's nothing to worry about. Even though it's not necessarily illegal, it's immoral. I don't think Colonel Mustang would even attempt to cross that line.”
“Oh yeah, and Colonel Mustang is just oozing with moral fiber.” Havoc was sarcastic, said taking another look at Winry. Even though she was only fifteen, she certainly didn't have the body of a fifteen year old.
Fuery suddenly laughed, “Just because the Colonel manages to steal all your dates, doesn't mean anything you know. Most of the time, I think he just likes to irritate you that way.”
“It's horribly mean!” Havoc crossed his arms over his chest and snorted, looking away from his shorter friend. “But you do have a point. I guess Winry would be just fine.”
Winry climbed off her stool, and wobbled just a little from being dizzy, but was able to regain her balance right away. “I'm going home.”
Travin who was silent up until now, stood beside Winry. “I am really sorry about this.”
Glancing up at Travin, Winry smiled loosely. “It's all right. I mean I should have been more aware of what I was drinking. Of course, I don't have a lot of experience with drinks like that.”
Shoving his hands in his pants pockets, Travin glanced at Winry's shoes, his gaze moved up her beautiful legs. “I hope this little misunderstanding doesn't mean we can't be friends anymore.”
“No, we can still be frie—” She was interrupted when a strong hand latched onto her wrist and she was being dragged away towards the main door of the restaurant. Winry tried to rip her hand from her hated enemy's grasp, but the grip just seemed to tighten. “Excuse you! Let go of me!” She yanked and yanked, hard, too.
As soon as they got outside and down the sidewalk a little, Roy stopped, no longer pulling her and he let go of the girl's wrist. He turned around and found her nasty, bitter glare and if it were possible it very well could burn a hole in him. He tried to ignore the looks. “Don't say I never did anything nice for you.”
“Nice? You call that nice!? That was rude!”
All he did was arch a dark brow, “You'll thank me for this someday.” Roy looked towards the street, at the people passing by.
Winry's eyes just about bugged out, and then narrowed evilly. “Me, thank you? You have lost whatever sense you were born with. I will never thank you for anything.” She started walking in the direction of her apartment building.
Roy really could understand her hatred for him. After all, he did kill her parents. Nothing he could say would make it better or bring the Rockbell girl's parents back from the dead. He was so very sorry over it, over all of it. Only, she would never understand just how much his guilt and pain eats away at him. He started following after her, then catching up. “You really are a naïve, silly girl, aren't you?” Roy said staring straight ahead.
Winry continued on walking, she was going to ignore him until she heard those words. “What? How dare you! Go away. I don't need your help, for anything”
“Yes you do.” Roy folded his hands behind his back, “You need my help in finding out where Fullmetal is.”
Glancing at the pavement, Winry sighed. “That wasn't my idea. That was—”
“I know. It was Maes' idea.” He said interrupting. “Whether it was his idea or not, you still need what I can gather. So save your judgment of me for another time, Rockbell. Can't you just put aside your severe hate for a little while?”
She growled, “No, not where you're concerned, you cold murderer.”
Roy tightly closed his eyes for a moment, trying hard not to say something that he would regret. When he opened his dark orbs a second later he was standing beside her in front of her building. Her flat was on the third floor and he followed her up to her door. “You should seriously watch what you say. The wrong person would lash out. I know you dislike me, I know I'm responsible for your suffering. So I don't try to stop your comments. You still don't know everything about what happened and this isn't the place for a conversation quite like this one.”
Winry pulled out her key from her little pocket in her dress and unlocked her door. “Do you even feel anything at all?” She turned her head, glancing at him over her shoulder. “Or are you just so heartless that it doesn't matter what you've done?”
So she wanted to discuss this outside? Fine, Roy would give her the discussion she wanted. “Your parents, and whether you want to believe it or not, were casualties of a war. I was following orders. If it wasn't me ordered to do it, someone else would have and the outcome would have been the same.” He wouldn't tell her about what he had almost done after shooting innocent doctors just healing the wounded. She didn't need to know that. She was looking for a person to blame rather than the situation.
She whirled around, facing him, “But it was you! You shot them!” Winry's fists clenched at her sides, “And you had the nerve to come into my home and then inspire Ed, which resulted in you taking him away as well, of course Al would go with him because they are all each other has. All because of what?! The reason is that Edward's powerful, so that he can end up another soldier like you and follow orders to kill innocent people!”
“Now, wait, just a damn min—” He was silenced when her palm connected hard with his cheek. Roy certainly had not expected that and was stunned for about a second, but regained his sense really quickly.
“I hate you!” She yelled, “I hate you!” and swung her hand again and again.
Roy grabbed at her wrists to keep her from hitting him. She struggled and tugged, to pull them from his hands, and he struggled to keep them in his grasp. “Stop it, Rockbell. You're going to hurt yourself, and not me.” The girl obviously wasn't listening because she continued to pull and pull, for to swing at him.
Winry was franticly thrashing about so she could remove her wrists from Mustang's grip and she ended up pushed against the door, with his body pressing against hers, immobilizing her. She clenched her teeth together tightly and tried to shift.
“Stop it. Stop it right now.” Roy said into her ear, breathing hard as it was quite a fight to get her to stop trying to hit him. He might put up with her comments, but there was no way he was going to let her attack him like this. Roy felt her leg move slightly and he anticipated what she was going to do with that very knee and pressed his legs tight against hers so she couldn't move them.
“Take your punishment like a man.” Winry hissed, trying to catch her breath from her recent struggle.
She didn't realize that Roy was already being punished, from the moment he wakes up in the morning `till the time he goes to bed. Everyday he was alive is a punishment as he has to live with all that he has done and all the lives he has taken. This girl could never comprehend something as atrocious as that.
This situation immediately changed from his struggling to keep her from swinging those hands to something different… to something completely inappropriate. He continued to hold onto her like this with his hard body pressed against her soft one. He instantly noticed certain things that he shouldn't about the Rockbell girl. Roy had never, ever, been this close to her where her soft scent of Honeysuckle tickled his nose. The way she was breathing caused her generous curves to brush up against his chest sending delightful tingles to ripple within. Sensation built and shot straight to his groin and he closed his eyes tightly suppressing a groan. Damn this young girl and her not-so-young-girlish body. The Rockbell girl was completely off limits for two reasons, two very important reasons. Number one: He did kill her parents, and Number two: She was far too young for the likes of him. And, yet, his mind was simply ignoring both those reasons, completely shutting them out.
“Get off me!” Winry yelled and he seemed to have been startled. Mustang had lessened his hold on her wrists and she was going to shove him off her, when he tightened them. “Ugh, move!”
“Be quiet.” He ordered gruffly. Roy was trying to get a handle on the heating of his blood and she was not making it any easier with trying to move about and wiggle around. She was delightfully soft and he wouldn't back away. He pressed even closer. Opening dark eyes, and pulling his face back from her ear, he saw her heated with anger blue gaze, glaring harshly at him. The Rockbell girl didn't even realize what she was doing by her trying to move around like this. “What a ridiculously naïve and foolish girl you are.” Roy said deeply, like hot rich dark chocolate.
That was the second time he had said something like that to her and Winry wasn't going to take it a second time! “Why you no good—” Mustang's mouth crashed down against hers, effectively cutting her off. Her eyes were almost achingly wide and she froze completely out of shock. `Wha…what is he doing!?' She felt him ease up on her wrists, and she managed to slip them from his hold. Winry tried to push him off her, and was able to twist her face away. Only his move was just as quick as hers and he tightly grabbed her shoulders and pushed her more against the door. “He—” Winry only managed a half gasp, half whimper when his mouth took hers again, harder, bending her neck slightly back so the back of her head rested more against the door.
This was insane! This bastard murderer was… Winry needed to get him off her right now! How dare he just do something like this! She felt behind her back, her palm smoothing down the wood of the door searching for the door knob, reaching it and twisting it. The door flew open and she was actually freed from Mustang's tight grasp and Winry went tumbling to the floor to land on her backside as it was the door that was pretty much supporting her weight. She sneered up in complete revulsion and hate, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand roughly. While he was now staring at her, Mustang's mouth curved into a smirk even with the loss of her soft curves and how she was now currently sitting on the floor out of his easy reach. Winry, lifting her foot, she kicked the door closed. It slammed in his face.
Winry slowly turned and leaned against the door in her dark apartment. She rested her head back and sighed deeply. Squeezing her eyes shut tight liquid crystal finally trickled from them. `This wasn't how it was supposed to be.' She moved her hands slowly and cradled them in her lap. `This wasn't how it was supposed to happen.' Winry's very first kiss, which should have been exciting and wonderful, was horribly stolen by the very man she hated most. He took everything! He took her parents' lives. He took her Edward away, and now this? `What more could he possibly takefrom me?'She took in a ragged breath, and slowly stood up walking towards her room intending on sleeping the worst night of her life away.
****
Roy was currently in his office at Military Headquarters, leaning back in his chair, his hands folded behind his head and his eyes closed. Last night's events played over and over again in his mind. …soft scent of Honeysuckle generous curves to brush up against his chest Sensation built and shot straight to his groin mouth crashed down against hers… half gasp, half whimper when his mouth took hers again, harder He had sure wanted to find out just exactly what it she could offer and wanted to give her a proper kiss, many more of them to be perfectly honest.
Groaning, Roy shifted forward in his seat and rested his elbows on the desk, atop some papers that needed his approval and signature. Frustrated, he rubbed his face with his palms. “Get'a hold of yourself, Mustang.” He said quietly aloud to himself. The Rockbell girl was young, too young. She was only fifteen years old and here he was sitting here reliving that line crossing moment over and over again. She was just a girl, barely a woman. Yeah, just a girl… with a large, ample chest…he groaned again… shapely legs…another groan. Soft—Roy slammed his hands down on his desk and roughly pushed his chair back from it. Standing, he walked to the window, crossing his arms over his chest and staring out.
He didn't want to initially touch her, and he certainly never meant to kiss her like that. Roy rested the side of his head against the wall. The Rockbell girl tasted good, so innocent and fresh like crisp snow mixed with that cranberry cocktail she had drunken earlier that night. This won't do, not at all. Thoughts on a young girl like that is a path he really had no original intention of walking…but, she wasn't so young that it could be considered pedophilia; she was actually of proper age to marry. So that meant there really wasn't anything to worry about in the way of age. Of course twenty seven and fifteen is quite the age gap, and to some…no, strike that… to most, and it wouldn't do good for his image or primary goal. It would be quite scandalous. Roy also couldn't forget the fact that she hated his guts. That was definitely a very large mark against him in her eyes.
Roy felt it was better to concentrate his efforts on someone more his age.
There was a knock at his door and he turned part way around, “Come in.” The door opened and in walked his First Lieutenant, Riza Hawkeye with a stack of papers. She was certainly more his age…but there was that no fraternization rule. Although, he hated to admit it, even to himself… but as tempting and attractive Hawkeye was, she wasn't the blonde that was currently tormenting his thoughts.
“More paper work.” Was his dry comment as Hawkeye dropped the stack on his desk.
“I advise you get started early on this, Sir.” She said standing with perfect posture, “You know how you get.”
“Really, and how do I get?” Roy said with a smirk.
Blinking once, Riza cleared her throat. “Well if you want me to say that I know about your laziness.”
Roy turned around, back towards the window looking out on the world below. “I manage my time well enough.” …generous curves to brush up against his chest He squeezed his eyes shut. Now was not the time for these thoughts!
“Sir, is everything all right?” Riza asked sounding concerned, as she took a step forward. Noticing he seemed to physically stiffen, he looked unwell. “Are you feeling ill, I can call a doctor up from the infirmary?”
“No, I'm fine.” He let out a large but silent sigh.
Riza wondered if there was something on his mind, he seemed a bit distracted today. Not even a comment about her not wearing a ridiculously short mini skirt dropped from his lips, which were currently thinned tight as he stared out that window. She always worried about him silently in her mind, even though he knows she would do what she could to protect him. “Sir, if I may?”
He glanced at her over his shoulder, waiting for her to continue.
She folded her hands behind her back. “I just want you to know that if there is anything you need, I am here to help. Whatever is complicating your thoughts, it is all right to express them to me.”
A ghost of a smile curved against Roy's lips, “I'll remember that.” There was no way he was going to tell Hawkeye what was on his mind, lest he want a hole in the head. She already complains about his skirt chasing, and for him to actually say that he was lusting after a fifteen year old girl… he might as well just sign his own death certificate right now. “It's nothing that I can't work out for myself.”
“The offer stands firm, Sir.” Riza said, before turning and leaving the room, closing the door behind her.
Roy returned to his chair and glanced down at the stack of papers, picking a sheet up. There was another knock at the door. The door was pushed open and a soldier he wasn't to familiar with was standing there and saluted.
“Colonel Mustang, Sir.”
“Yes, what is it?” Roy held a paper in his hand.
The soldier cleared his throat, “Sorry to bother you, Sir, but a Miss Winry Rockbell is here and said she needed to see you.”
Well this was a surprise. He didn't count on seeing her today at all no matter where his thoughts would drift to concerning her. Roy stared at the stack of papers before calmly sitting down in his chair and pulling himself into his desk more. He placed the paper in his hand on the desktop and folded his hands there. “You can… show her in.”
The soldier saluted again and walked out, a moment later he returned with the very girl who plagued Roy's mind. He noticed she was staring at the floorboards and her hands were gripping one another tightly.
The soldier left the room, closing the door behind him.
This was very awkward. Winry took a deep breath and continued to stare at the floor. She woke up this morning with every intention of marching over here and really showing her hostility at what he had done. She had lost all will to say or do anything the moment she stepped into this room.
`Off limits…scandalous…bad for image. She's off limits…' Clearing his throat, Roy straightened his posture in his seat. “Is there a reason you came by here?”
Winry's head snapped up and she glared having regained her strength. “As a matter of fact, there is. It concerns what you did last night.”
“What I did last night?” He sounded confused and this seemed to make her fume.
“Don't try and play dumb, I know you aren't stupid.” Winry replied bitterly. “You know very well what I am talking about.”
His gaze drifted to her slender neck and before shooting back up to bright blue eyes. Roy leaned back a little, “Oh what's the big deal. You're making more out of it than it really is.” He saw her jaw drop and he actually felt amused at her reaction.
“Maybe it's not a big deal to you, pervert.” Her hands found her hips and she popped out her hip in extreme irritation. “But it is to me because I had never…that was…”
His trademark smirk curved against his lips, “Ah, I get it.” He stood from his chair and approached the side of his desk. “You had never been kissed before.” Roy saw her face flame bright red. “Better your first one be with someone who knows what they're doing. Those are wise words to live by, by the way.”
Her arm shot up and she pointed right at him. Winry's face contorted into a fierce rage. “You had no right! It was mine and I was saving it for…I mean, I hate you, I certainly didn't want my first kiss to be with the likes of you!”
Roy inched closer, it was growing increasingly difficult to keep his eyes on hers and not let the dip lower. She probably wouldn't appreciate an ogle, but then again she might not even notice it. She certainly didn't notice it when that musician was doing it last night. “And just who were you saving it for? By chance would it have been Fullmetal you were saving it for?” That smirk never dropped from his expression.
Winry gasped and crossed her arms over her breasts, “That's none of your business!” She didn't say yes that she was hoping it would have been saved to experience with Ed, but she didn't say no either.
Roy couldn't help it, he laughed. “That shrimp wouldn't even know what to do if a girl stood naked in front of him, let alone kiss a girl the right way.”
“Hey! Don't talk about Ed like that!” Winry defended, and of course she really didn't like the idea of some strange girl standing naked in front of him, the thought of it made her seethe with hostility.
“Fine, Rockbell, have it your way.” Roy was still amused. “Now is that all you came here to say?”
“Yes! And I hope you're sorry you did it and that it was completely rude and inappropriate.”
Roy blinked, and he shrugged. “Why should I be sorry? In fact it was practically forgotten about until you walked in here reminding me.” He fibbed, waiting to see her reaction.
Blue eyes narrowed, “Why you arrogant ass! Of all the rotten things…” Winry growled. That was definitely a cruel thing to say! First he steals her first kiss and now he says he's forgotten about it as if it meant nothing, which to him it probably didn't! `What a bastard!' Her mind raged. “As if I didn't hate you enough already, congratulations, this pushed you even more over that thick line of hate!” She had enough of him and turned walking towards the door. Winry heard quick footsteps behind her.
Reaching out, Roy grabbed her arm and she turned sharply. Her were full of loathing and disgust, but those expressions didn't even make him falter in his decision. His previous reasons all flew out the window as he held her soft skin within his palm. He didn't care about the reasons anymore. All he wanted was to feel more of this girl. “How about reminding me?” Not giving her any time to react, in his smooth move he yanked her forward and covered her mouth with his.
=====
Well that's it for episode 2, what a place to leave it off, huh? I hope the characters didn't drift into OOCness much. Thanks for reading.
 
Ryoko Blue