Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Protecting You ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 10—Protecting You
 
Picking up a chocolate from the box and popping it in her mouth, Aurora Walker, shifted in her position, pulling her legs onto the sofa and stretching them out while watching her brother pace back and forth across the room. They were in a small one room apartment on Lower End Side. It appeared they could barely afford the cheapest, dirtiest of places in all of Central City.
 
Aurora sighed and folded her hands on her belly, swallowing the chocolate. “The man is definitely someone to watch out for. I hear around that he's very dashing and knows exactly how to treat a lady.”
 
“I don't care about that. Give me the stuff that can actually help me.” Travin took a seat in the plush chair diagonal to the sofa.
 
“Fine, fine,” Aurora pushed the empty box so it fell into the floor with a loud clatter. “Roy Mustang is a Colonel in the military, not only that but he's a State Alchemist that can manipulate fire. Isn't that just hot? I wouldn't go messing around with someone like that, brother dear.”
 
Travin slumped back feeling defeated, stretching his legs, his feet scraping against the worn hardwood floor. “Ugh, this is so not good at all.” He, in frustration, ran his hand through his hair.
 
“Why don't you just give up on that girl, the city is full of others.” Aurora smirked, “and she's way too smart for you. Besides you won't get far if that handsome Colonel is already banging her.”
 
Throwing a glare in his sister's direction, Travin then rolled his eyes. “Oh shut up. You don't know if that's happening.”
 
Giggling, Aurora sighed. “Oh come now, Travin. Don't be dumb. You told me how he was at her place, wouldn't let you in to see her. What does that tell you? Wasn't it more than just a protective vibe you got from the man?”
 
“He was very hostile. But Winry isn't that kinda girl.” Travin didn't want to believe it, even though his male brain told him it was probably true.
 
Aurora shook her head, “For that man, any girl is that kinda girl. Hell, I know I would be.”
 
Travin snorted, “You'd be that kinda girl for the bum on the corner.” He gestured towards the window with a nod of his head.
 
There was a shocked yet amused expression on Aurora's face. “That wasn't a very nice thing to say, Travin.”
 
“This will ruin everything! Especially if that other guy is—” Travin groaned and pinched his sinuses. “I need to keep my cool. I can't let this small detail distract me. I just need to keep playing the friend, and eventually Miss Winry Rockbell will come to trust me. And then I'll have her!”
 
Aurora rolled her eyes.
 
Travin jumped up and pointed at his sister. “And you're gonna help me.”
 
The door opened and in tripped and stomped Travin and Aurora's cousins.
 
“Oi, we just got back from that girl you sent us to, and she said because she was sick last week when you stopped by she'll go with you to that club tonight.” Alex, the eldest of the five, informed.
 
Travin grinned, “Really? This is great news. I can't wait to take her.” Things were definitely starting to look up…
 
“You aren't going.” Roy said firmly, filling out paperwork at his desk.
 
Winry scoffed, standing beside the desk and folded her arms in front of her huffily. “You can't tell me what—” She watched as he lifted his head, his expression was nothing short of severe. It made her feel a little intimidated. “I couldn't go last time because I was sick.”
 
“Good thing. I still had concerns about you going and that was before I knew where it was you would be going to.” Roy picked up the sheet of paper and placed it on the left side of his desk and picked up another from the right. “This club you want to go to with that idiot is in a part of the city that isn't safe. I don't want you going there and that's final.”
 
“I didn't even have to tell you.” Winry said bitterly, now wondering why she did tell him. It's none of his business what she does! “And it doesn't matter what you say—” She jolted back when Roy suddenly stood up from his chair.
 
“Sit down.” Roy said tightly, pointing to his chair. He knew Winry would do all she could to not listen to him, so he had to make sure she listened the only way he knew how, through intimidation. “I said, sit down.” His tone was borderline dangerous.
 
Winry felt ice run through her veins at the expressions and tones of his voice that she slowly, while still looking up at him, sat down in his chair. Roy leaned forward, bracing his hands on the armrests and putting his face close to hers.
 
“There are young girls your age disappearing all over the city, and I will not have you be one of them.” Roy said extremely seriously. His heart was pounding hard and he was sure his gaze was intense for she shifted her eyes and tilted her head away from him. He reached up and taking her chin in his hand making her look at him. “You are not to go there. Do you understand me?”
 
She nodded quickly and he slid is other hand up to cup her face, she tried to turn away from him again but he pulled her back. “Let go of me.” She said in barely a whisper.
 
“Don't make me put you on house arrest, Winry.” Roy didn't tighten his hold but he was not letting up on his grip either; he wanted to make sure she understood everything that he was not to be disobeyed on this.
 
“You can't do that,” Winry said in alarm and not all confident that he couldn't.
 
“I most certainly can and I will if I have to. I will do all I can to make sure that you do not set one toe into that part of the city.” Couldn't she see how much he worried over her safety?! He did not want to wake up one morning and have Maes come to him saying that Winry was missing. If that happened…he didn't even want to think about that!
 
“Travin is—” She started to saw but was rudely interrupted.
 
“—A waste of time,” Roy said, his voice tinged with slight hostility. “You're better off without someone like him sniffing around you.” He knew he couldn't control who she hung around and spent time with…but if he had it his way she wouldn't spend time alone like that with any man other than himself.
 
She stood up, throwing a bitter glare up into his eyes, “You can't tell me who I'm allowed to be friends with, or who I let into my life.” Winry really wanted to poke him hard in the chest to get her point across, but thought better of it. Were they fighting? Winry realized that this was an honest to goodness argument, as if there was something more to them then there was.
 
Roy felt the tantalizing heat from her body's close proximity to his own; she was barely an inch from him. Even her anger, that fire in her eyes was arousing him. Did he want to invoke her temper? It sure seemed he did. Roy wondered if he would ever get tired of this girl.
 
He needed to keep her out of the path of a kidnapper as much as possible. “I am completely serious about this. You are not going to that club.” He saw her ready to protest and he swiftly bent, his mouth took hers - cutting her off. Winry, enraged, was trying to push him off her when Roy gripped her upper arms and pulled her flush against him, molding her lips with his own. Winry whimpered, giving up her struggling and giving into the sensations he was giving her, her arms going around him and her hands smoothing up his back.
 
`He's so warm,' Winry thought in astonishment as their clothing kept them from really touching one another. She felt the back of her black skirt being pulled up and suddenly his palms were on her panty clad backside and she groaned into his mouth. Roy bent forward a little causing her to arch into him as he palmed her back end atop her panties. Winry felt lightheaded as his fingers traveled down further to slip down and against her center from behind, he quickly moved the panty material to one side and his fingers were met with her slick, wet, folds sending a flood of heated sensual electricity through her.
 
A knock at the door, pushed Roy and Winry apart…far apart. It was a good thing because the person on the other end opened it without asking for permission to enter. Winry was standing by the window with her arms crossed tightly over her breasts and Roy was glaring menacingly down at his paper work, he wanted to don one of his gloves and turn those damned papers to cinders. He hated paperwork. He hated being disturbed when he wanted to ravish the pretty young blonde now struggling to keep her rabid breathing unnoticeable at his window instead of in his arms.
 
Roy glared up at the one responsible for disrupting his important `work', it was Jean Havoc. “What?” He said irritably. Seeing out of the corner of his eye, Winry sharply turn her head, glancing at him.
 
To Jean Havoc it felt as if his collar was one size too small and he wanted to pull at it in nervousness, but restrained himself from that act. He had never heard his Colonel sound so irritated before, no matter what has happened. It was a little frightening even if he didn't let on that it was. “Sorry to interrupt, but this came in for you from Maes.” He waved the paper in his hand. “There are details to meet him somewhere as there might be a lead in the disappearances.” He looked over at Winry with sympathy. “I heard your neighbor went missing.”
 
Winry sighed, turning around and facing him. “Yeah, she was such a nice girl. Fantine would give me free Sourdough bread, well whatever her family had left from their shop after it closed down for the night.”
 
“Did she make it herself?” Havoc asked.
 
With a nod, Winry folded her hands in front of her against her belly. “Yeah, that girl had a gift with baking. People would come from clear across the city to her family's Bake Shoppe just to purchase what she made because it was so good. Her mother has even bragged that Fantine won a few awards for her cakes.”
 
Roy's brow creased in concentration as he listened to their conversation. He opened his top desk drawer and pulled out a few of the reports about the missing women. There was a common trait amongst the victims. They all had some kind of superior skill. Winry had a superior skill, which was Automail and just putting things together that she loved tinkering with. These weren't just random disappearances. He was right, certain women were being targeted. Roy wondered if Winry was on this sicko's list because she had a superior skill. He was now determined more than ever to keep her out of this criminal's path. He turned to Winry, “If I think of anything else I'll be contacting you.” He saw her glare at him. “And I hope we have an understanding.” He might not have sounded threatening but the pointed look he was giving her sure was.
 
Winry only made an irritated grunt before stalking towards the door; Havoc moved to the side and allowed her to exit the room. She continued towards the exit.
 
Riza turned to Maes who was leaning against the desk, “Miss Rockbell sure comes here a lot.” Mahogany eyes shift over to Winry's retreating form as the young girl left the premises stiff and unhappily..
 
Sitting on the desk corner, Maes shrugged. “Roy had some questions for her. Winry lives right next door to the young girl who disappeared and we were brought into this investigation by the police department. Naturally, Roy would want to help when a flood of women go missing, just like what happened years ago with that Barry fellow.”
 
Something didn't sit exactly right with Riza as she took in a settling breath. She couldn't place what was wrong, but something certainly was. She could feel it.
 
“And besides, Riza, I kinda like the idea of perhaps Winry and Roy finally putting the past in the past, moving forward and getting along.” Maes said with a smile. “After all Winry should trust the man who watches out for Edward and Alphonse, her dearest friends. And if I'm not mistaken perhaps there's a little more between Ed and Miss Winry.” He grinned, which made Riza lightly smile too.
 
She had that feeling as well…but still something wasn't right. Why couldn't Maes feel it, he was a damned investigator and one of the best. She decided she would pay really close attention and figure out just what this strange feeling was and if it did indeed having something to do with Miss Rockbell.
 
 
From Military Headquarters it took forty minutes to walk to Antonio's and then her building which was two blocks down the street from it. It was quite a walk, Winry didn't want to take a taxi and wanted to work off some of her anger. That was a dirty trick Roy pulled back there and she was seething mad about it! Imagine, him using that kind of a tactic to get her to shut up and basically agree with what he wanted.
 
Passing by Antonio's she heard piano music playing prettily from the establishment. Did this mean Travin was inside and practicing. Well this was probably a good time to tell him that she couldn't go tonight and after she told the man's cousins that she would too. Pulling the door open, Winry stepped inside and walked right to the bar area and it was true, it was Travin playing there.
 
Looking over at her, he smiled his hands never leaving the piano keys. “Winry, I was going to come by your place later. I heard from my cousin that you said you'd let me take you to that place I was telling you about tonight.”
 
Taking a deep breath, Winry continued to walk towards him and stood beside the piano. “Well I'm kinda glad you didn't come by. I can't really go tonight. Something has come up. Sorry.” She turned to go. Winry didn't want to elaborate or feel worse than she already did for breaking off the outing.
 
“Aww, how terrible. I was so looking forward to it.” Travin replied, while looking at her and still playing his pretty melody. “What possibly could have come up between earlier and now?”
 
Winry took a step back, staring at Travin with sorrow, clearly not going to give him an answer. It seemed Travin realized this.
 
Clearing his throat and lowering his eyes to his fingers, Travin said, “This wouldn't have anything to do with a man now, would it?” He would find out if she was more involved in a relationship with that other man that was at her door last week.
 
Winry shrugged lightly, not really committing to a silent answer. “I don't feel very comfortable talking to you about my personal life.” She said slightly snippy.
 
“All right, all right.” Travin continued to play and then ended with a beautiful cord. He turned towards her. “Let's say for argument sake that it was because a man might have said something to dissuade you.” He saw her brow arch. “It's not like you're in a serious relationship, right?” He saw her nod slowly, “He can't control your life, it's not like you're married to the guy, right?”
 
“Right,” She said in almost a whisper. “It also came up that it wasn't exactly a safe place for me, especially with all those disappearances lately.”
 
“That was brought up, was it?” Travin closed his eyes a moment and took in a deep breath while he placed his hands in his lap. “Winry, nothing will happen to you while I'm around. I live with five male cousins and a slap happy sister, I know a thing or two about fighting and keeping one safe.” He smiled a little. “There's nothing to worry about. Perhaps if it was because of a man's suggestion that you not go, it could because he thinks of me as a threat. So here's what you do. You don't owe this person anything, right? So just don't tell him. There's no way this person is going to find out, it's not like you or I say anything, and there would be no way for sure he would know where it was you went.”
 
Winry didn't know about this, but Travin in all ways was right. She owed Roy nothing, they weren't even in a serious relationship. He was only using her. Winry inwardly cringed and felt her heart fall at that thought. That sadness was brief and she found herself appalled at even being disappointed over it! She shouldn't care! That's right…she didn't care. She was going to do what she wanted, this was her life! Travin was right! “You know what, you have a point. I will go with you tonight. My life is my own and no one is going to tell me what to do.” Winry replied, pointing at herself with her thumb.
 
“That's the spirit!” Travin's reply was energetic. “I'll come and retrieve you this evening. Say, seven o'clock?”
 
“Sounds good to me,” Winry grinned. “See you then.” And she turned and strode confidently from the restaurant. There would be no way, Roy would find out where she went and with whom. She made no plans with the man for tonight anyway. She needed some fun, so she was going to get it. Winry headed on her way home.
 
****
 
Travin had paid for a taxi and it pulled up along the street. Getting out he offered Winry his hand in assistance out of the car, but she declined it stepping out herself.
 
A bad feeling immediately pitted in Winry's belly as she looked around. It was crowded and drunken laughter seemed to be the melody that filled her ears. She noticed the street lamps were a red color. That is not a good thing. “Travin, I don't think this is such a good idea.” She leaned closer to him, “This is part of the red light district.”
 
He looked up at the lamps and shrugged, “Yeah that's true. But don't worry, most of the fun clubs are in this part of the city. Just don't pay any attention to them, especially when you're with me. I'll protect you.”
 
“That's not the point.” Blue eyes were alarmed when glancing at the red headed woman leaning against the wall in a very tight dress with her breasts practically spilling out of her clothing, propositioning a raggedy looking man. “I don't like this, I'm gonna go home.” She started to turn but Travin lightly grabbed her arm.
 
“Look, it's not that bad, you just have to ignore it. There's dancing and music and food. I wouldn't take you some place I thought would be dangerous. You can trust me.” He said sincerely, staring into her pretty eyes. “We don't have to stay for long, if you're still uncomfortable we can leave, alright? Just give it ten minutes. That's all I ask.”
 
Taking a deep breath, Winry nodded. “Okay.” Seeing him smile made her feel a little better. She still had that feeling that she should have left no matter what. Travin reached down and held her hand pulling her inside the club. He dragged her through the smoky establishment, filled with exotic rhythms and the scent of spicy foods. Men and women were dancing on the floor and Winry felt even more nervous. Travin led her to a table on the other side raised up on the step and had her sit down.
 
Winry grabbed a tighter hold of her bag, as she sat down. She noticed that he hadn't moved to sit yet and she anxiously grabbed his arm. “Where you going?”
“I'm going to get us something to eat, I'll be right back.” He took a deep breath and looked around before returning his emerald gaze to her blue. “Just don't go off with anyone, stay right here.” He said seriously tapping the table top with his finger. “I'll try to hurry.” And he rushed off towards the bar to order some food and drinks.
 
A hand came down Winry's shoulder and she looked up at a very short fat oily haired man grinning at her with a missing tooth. “Uh…can I help you?” She felt her stomach bubble unpleasantly at the rancid smell he was giving off.
 
“Hows…smuch?” He slurred and tried to stay on his feet.
 
She blinked and then narrowed her eyes, “How much what?”
 
The man pointed at her breasts and grinned again. “For yous sweet n'stuff?”
 
Winry growled, “What?! I'm not a prostitute, you lush!” She swung her bag at him and it hit him right across the face, the sound of metal and iron crashing against his skull. The man fell to the floor unconscious. Winry patted her bag that held a few of her tools along with the wrench Ed bought for her way back when. It did come in handy as a weapon.
 
Travin laughed as he brought her something to drink, looking down at the unconscious man. “I see you can take care of yourself.”
 
She glared at Travin, “I hope you realize that I feel completely victimized here!”
 
“Don't worry, you probably won't be approached by anyone else, everyone saw what you did to Dingo here.” Travin pointed to the man on the floor as he took his seat across from her.
 
“You know that guy?” Winry was shocked, “Just what kind of low life jerks do you hang around with?”
 
Travin sighed in distress. “Not all of us can afford to live in a ritzy upper-class apartment complex like you, Winry.” His voice was flat and sounded depressed.
 
“My apartment is not upper-class, Travin. My building has flaws so the rent is low. You just have to know where to look.” Winry leaned back in her chair which creaked a little.
 
“Well I couldn't afford to look around. My family and I are struggling to get by. We actually live in this part of the city.” Travin looked away from her. “I'm probably not who you thought I was. I wish I could do better, but my family and I do the best we can. We're musicians not magicians. We can't pull money out of hats. Now you're probably so ashamed to be in the presence of such a poor man.”
 
Winry reached over and placed her hand comfortingly on his, “I don't care about that. You're a good friend, Travin, no matter where you live. I'm not ashamed.” She gave him a light smile.
 
“Really?” His whole face seemed to light up. “I'm so glad, because I want us to be good friends.” He rubbed the top of her hand with his thumb.
 
“Really.” Winry was still smiling, and she pulled her hand away to take a drink of whatever it was. “What's in this?”
 
Travin laughed, “Don't worry, its just got soda-water and lime juice in it. It's perfectly safe for you.” He leaned back and glanced around the establishment. He saw a couple in the corner getting cozy and he assumed Winry saw it too for she sharply turned back towards him, heat caressing her cheeks. “Are you uncomfortable, do you still want to leave?”
 
Taking a deep breath, Winry's head turned a little, her eyes moving towards the entrance. Her eyes widened at just who was coming through it. She yelped high pitched and dove down behind the table.
 
Travin leaned down looking at her as if she had grown another head. “What are you doing?” He saw her lift her arm and point towards the doorway. Looking in that direction he saw four military personnel coming through the door. “Military come in here all the time, I don't see—” He felt his eyes narrow and his temper spark as that Colonel Mustang came through the door with two men a tall blonde, a man wearing glasses and a blonde woman.
 
“I'm friends with a few of them and they can't see me in here.” Winry was panicking, that wasn't exactly a lie, she was friends with Hughes and Havoc. The one she really did not need seeing her here was Roy. She needed to get out of here without him catching her. He was kind of scary earlier when he told her not to come here and she did not want to actually know what it felt like when he was angry with someone.
 
Riza looked around the place with a very professional expression when she was approached by a scruffy looking gentleman. He leered at her and cleared his throat.
 
“Hey baby, how much do you charge to get under that tight little uniform you got goin' on?” He continued to stare openly at her large breasts and curvy hips, practically drooling on himself. The sound of a familiar click was heard by the three she was accompanying and then faster than the gruff man had even seen he was starring down the barrel of a gun, aimed right between his eyes.
 
“Say that again.” Riza's voice was calm and collected, which made her seem all the more dangerous.
 
The man lifted his hands innocently and backed away slowly. “Never mind sweet thing, never mind.” He immediately turned away and left the woman's presence.
 
Maes was looking around for a specific contact and he found him a few tables away from the entrance of this club and he pointed to him. Roy, Riza and Jean all followed him.
 
“Lane Hoffstetter?” Maes asked and the blonde man who was slowly nursing on a small glass of scotch, who lifted cold gray eyes to him.
 
“Who wants to know?” The man replied coolly, setting his glass back down on the table and looking at every single one of them.
 
Maes pulled the chair back, “I was told by a certain gentleman that you might have some information for us about the missing women.”
 
“I might, you see my memory has been a little dodgy lately.” Lane replied. Looking out of the corner of his eye he saw a bill pushed towards him. “Hmm, I think something is coming back to me now.” Lane's hand landed on the bill as the chairs around him were all pulled out and the military personnel sat down. “Women of all ages have been disappearing all over this here city, gossip floats around us in the underground you could call it.” He signaled for the group to lean forward a little. “Now you didn't hear it from me, but it's rumored that even in the dirtiest crime circle that it is a flesh peddling slavery ring. Not just underage prostitution. High prices for sweet things and what is surprising is that it's very successful.” He leaned back.
 
Roy's eyes narrowed thoughtfully, “Would you know if these disappearances, the ladies have a set skill?”
 
Lane shrugged, “My little mind doesn't really hold that much information you see, the memories are really fuzzy.” He saw another bill passed towards him and he snatched that up right quick. “That had been one of the requirements for the ones hired to abduct young ladies.”
 
“Do you know who has been hired to abduct women?” Riza asked crossing her arms over her breasts and Lane actually could not answer that.
 
“That I am not sure of. I could of course be kept as a sort of a reliable source, a spy if you will. I can look around and poke my nose into places that people like you couldn't even get one hair on your head into.” Lane grinned, “but it's gonna cost ya, and I ain't cheap.”
 
Travin didn't know why Winry was trying to leave now, wouldn't it just be a better idea of she just waited until her military friends left. But then she did have a point, she didn't know how long they would be here and she just had to get home before she was found out. He had a feeling that wasn't the only reason.
On her way towards the exit and keeping a very firm watch on the table that Roy had been sitting at. Winry scooted behind the tall potted plant where she grabbed two large leafy branches which she thought would be used to hide her form as she squiggled closer and closer to her way out. Moving behind tables that couples and groups were sitting at, they would give her an odd look as she passed by.
 
It was a good thing that Roy's back was to her direction as she cautiously made her way towards the exit. Just a little bit more, need to step up the half step and she saw Havoc look right at her and tap Hughes on the shoulder. Winry's eyes widened, `no, no, no...' she thought in quick panic just as Hughes stood up abruptly.
 
“Winry!” Maes shouted in disbelief. He saw Roy visibly stiffen and squeeze his fists tightly on the table. Maybe he shouldn't have shouted her name like that, the guilt from hearing it must be getting to him already. Winry shoved the plant branches in front of her more. Maes marched right over to her, “That's not going to help hide you.” And he grabbed the branches from her, ripping them from her hands. “What are you doing in a place like this?”
 
“I uh…” Winry pointed, “I came here with a friend, that's all.”
 
Maes shook his head with a deep sigh, “This place is hardly safe for a young lady, Winry. I'm gonna find you a taxi home.”
 
“Can't you just take me home?” Winry took a step towards him, with pleading eyes.
 
“I can't at the moment, I have to stay around here and check up on the lead about the disappearances, which you could very well be a part of. So I am determined to see you get home safely. Excuse me.” He took a step back, and flinched when the sounds of several machine guns and hollering went off around him.
 
“Everyone down.” said a muscular man holding a machine gun in the middle of the club surrounded by four of his buddies with guns. All the patrons in a flash went down on the floor. “Give us all your valuables and no one gets hurt.” The leader's buddies were holding a sack each and went around to the people on the floor gathering money, jewelry anything they could pocket while looking an menacing and cruel as possible.
 
Winry looked back at the door, noticing two more men with machine guns guarding it. One of them approached her.
 
“Are you deaf girl? You heard the boss.” One of them said, seeing her hands go up innocently. “Get on the floor! Get down there now!”
 
“I… I don't have anything!” Winry shouted, her stomach hammering and feeling like it was going to tear from her breast. She was kicked in the middle and she hit the floor with a painful thud.
 
“Hey!” Maes reached for his dagger beneath his coat, when the machine gun was pressed against Winry's temple.
 
The man grinned evilly, “No heroics Military Scum. Or I blow this Chicky's pretty brains out all over the floor.”
 
Winry squeezed her eyes tightly shut and grabbed a tight hold of her bag. The man reached down and tried to grab it away from her.
 
“Don't have anything, do you? Then what's this?” He snapped the string on the bag and pulled it away from her clawed hand. Pulling it open, he found unusual items for females inside it. “What is this crap?” He spilled it out all over the floor, it wasn't money or valuables… it was just a bunch of mechanic's tools. “What kinda freak girl are you?” He laughed.
 
Feeling very insulted, Winry glared up at the man. “Those tools mean more to me than any money ever could you asshole!” She curled her fingers around the smaller wrench and snapped it up swinging—the metal hitting hard against his bone, he cried out in pain sinking to his knees.
 
Even from on the floor and the pain running through his every nerve, he pressed the cold metal of his gun harder against the side of her head, “You little bitch, I'm gonna shoot you dead!”
 
The criminal immediately burst into flames and he was yelling. Winry yelped loudly, scrambled and scooted far back not to be caught by any of the blaze. She turned her head sharply to the right, seeing a very strained and angry expression on Roy's face, he was breathing hard too.
 
The other man from the door was going to take action for his friend, but Riza quickly shot him in the shoulder and then in the leg bringing the man down.
 
The two of them Roy and Hawkeye got up off the floor and turned to the criminals in the middle of the club.
 
Roy looking ever calm, masking the true worry inside addressed the criminals. “I suggest you stop robbing these people, or suffer the consequences.” He held up both his hands which were covered in his white alchemic gloves and the criminals seemed to know what would happen and threw their sacks and guns to the floor, holding their hands up high in the air.
 
“Yahoo!” Jean suddenly swung down from the curtain rope and slammed into one of the criminals, knocking himself and the criminal to the floor in a messy tangle of arms and legs. He sat up and shook his head.
 
Roy rolled his eyes. “You're a little late for that!”
 
Looking up with a sheepish grin and rubbing the back of his head, Jean shrugged. “Eh, better late then never.”
 
“Moron.” Roy groaned, feeling a headache coming on.
 
 
The criminals had been cuffed and were being escorted out of the club by police, the one crispy looking criminal was being taken to the hospital to be treated for second degree burns.
 
“Winry, you're safe!” Travin said from behind her, she had been standing in the clump of her military friends. “I'm so relieved.”
 
Roy turned sharply at the sound of that pathetic man's voice as did Hawkeye, Havoc and Maes.
 
Winry stared up in disbelief. “Where have you been!? This place was robbed and I was almost killed! What happened to your big speech earlier about how that nothing was going to happen and protecting me?” She hadn't seen him at all when the robbers had arrived, it was like he had just disappeared. Did he run away?
 
Staring in disbelief, Travin wanted a chance to explain. “I'm sorry, I was there. I wouldn't have been able to get to you—”
 
“—Shut your mouth right now.” Roy said tight and loud, in threatening tones which caused the rest of his group to stare in shock at him. He got right into Travin's face; they were pretty close in height. “You are not permitted to be anywhere near Miss Rockbell, you low life coward.” He poked his finger hard into Travin's chest. “You're not to see her, talk to her or even look at her. Do I make myself clear?” He was completely serious and enraged that this man left her alone in there.
 
“You're calling me a coward?!” Travin said through clenched teeth, tightening his hands into fists at his sides. “You think you're so special because you can make fire out of your hands… oh you're a big man now, aren't ya?” He taunted. “Well standing off to the side and making silly flames doesn't make you brave. It makes you a cheater.”
 
Roy's fist flew and hit Travin square in the nose, earning shocked sounds from the other military persons standing around him. Travin hit the ground. “You're a real fool, that's not even important! Don't you realize that she…” He pointed right at Winry, “…could have died in there while you went off and hid. We at least tried to do something to protect her which she said you claimed you would do!”
 
Riza sighed and glared at Travin, “You shouldn't have even brought her to this place, its right in the middle of the red light district. Men do not bring women to these places without an ulterior motive.”
 
Cupping his nose that was now gushing red, Travin groaned, glaring up at them. “I just thought it was a fun place, that's all. I come here a lot to unwind, so this was perfectly innocent!” He expressed passionately.
 
Not even going to dignify that comment with his own response, Roy reached out and gripped Winry's arm. “No one is going to stand here and listen to the shit that comes out of your mouth.” He turned to the others. “I'm taking this girl home, any objections?”
 
Maes and Jean both shook their heads, while Hawkeye just stood there with her eyes narrowed in concentration.
 
She was about to speak up when Colonel Mustang started dragging Miss Rockbell away who she could tell was trying to resist and dig her feet into the ground as he continued to pull her down the street to his car parked at the curb. He reached over and opened the door and ushered her inside.
 
Riza turned back around to Maes and Jean. “Don't you think this is very odd behavior?”
 
Jean shrugged, “It's a little strange, but those two have been spending more conversational time together, besides he's taken her home once before.”
 
Why don't they notice the odd behavior? Looking right into Maes' eyes, Riza crossed her arms over her breasts. “You need to tell me what exactly is between the Colonel and Miss Rockbell. I need to know all that you know.” Riza knew he and Colonel Mustang have been friends a very long time and Maes knows Roy's past and what exactly links him to Miss Rockbell besides Edward and Alphonse.
 
Maes let out a smooth breath. Even though it wasn't his place to say, it was probably a good idea to tell Riza everything and then maybe she will understand. It was quite remarkable as Roy's guilt devours him day and night how he was able to defend the young girl like that. It proved that there was hope for the two to reach an understanding themselves.
 
 
Winry was hunched over and wringing her fingers together in her lap while Roy drove at a steady pace, she occasionally let her eyes wander over to him. She noticed he was gripping the steering wheel very tightly and the expression on his face was firm and tense. She let out a breath and returned her blue gaze to her lap. “Are you going to say anything?” The air around her was eerily silent for a moment. Was he going to yell at her? If he was, she'd rather him get it over with now.
 
“Trust me. You don't want me to say anything right now.” Roy's tone was boarder-line hostile. He couldn't believe she had completely ignored what he had said earlier, how could she do such a stupid thing as this? First of all she went to that damned club with that asshole Travin Walker when he told her not to. That part of the city was dangerous, why couldn't she listen for once! Not only that, the place was robbed and she almost lost her life! Roy gripped the wheel even tighter now remembering the sight of that man's cold gun barrel pressing against the side of Winry's head, pressing into her pale flesh.
 
She let out a nervous breath, “You're really mad, aren't you?” Winry asked in barely above a whisper, and fear seemed to drip from her voice.
 
Roy pulled into his apartment complex and parked his car. “Relax, Winry. I'm not going to hurt you. We're just going to have a talk and you're going to tell me why you tried to lie and trick me.” He roughly opened his door and trying his hardest not to let his anger get the better of him, Roy still went to her door and opened it for her. He did grab her hand and pull her out of the vehicle. They walked at a quicker pace up to his flat.
 
Once inside he switched on the light and gestured to the brown sofa in the living space. “Have a seat.”
 
Stiffly, Winry walked to the couch and slowly sat down and Roy stood there crossing his arms over his chest. She hung her head, why did she feel so guilty. It shouldn't be a big deal. He is not in control of her life like this, she shouldn't be feeling bad for, yes, trying to trick him and possibly could have ended up lying about where she was going and with whom. Winry realized it did matter, it mattered a great deal. “All right, it's true. If you hadn't ended up going there I would have denied and lied about it. But I didn't do this to you, not to you on purpose anyway. I just wanted to have fun. It's been so long since I have been able to just hang out with friends. Ed and Al are constantly away and I'm always so busy all the time. My life is my own and I have a right to do what I want in it.”
 
Roy blinked and lowered his arms to his sides. He walked to her and sat down beside her. He stared down at his hands, thinking about what to say. She went tonight to prove that he couldn't control her, was that what she was thinking? “I know that I cannot control your life, Winry. That was not my intention. It is not up to me who your friends are and what you do with them. Sure, I may not like it, but I would never tell you who you can let into your life. But know this, I will make suggestions and you may take them if you want, you are not required to.” Roy looked up, at her profile seeing her face still pointed towards her lap with her hands folded tightly there.
 
“Don't you realize, Winry that I worry about you, about your safety?” He took a deep breath, his heart started pounding. It was the truth, and he couldn't deny that he was worried about her. Roy watched as she lifted her head and turned it slightly, her deep blue eyes meeting his in shock. “I told you not to go to Club forty-four tonight, not because I didn't want you to go, the reason was…it is so dangerous there. Forget about the fact of the missing women for a moment. That club is right in the middle of the dirtiest, crime filled streets in the city.”
 
Winry couldn't take the look in his eyes, it was one she had never seen before and she lowered her gaze from his. “You're worried, about me?” It sounded completely unbelievable. Was he really? Perhaps she could ease his worry a little; his expression in those obsidian eyes was much too intense. “To tell you the truth, I knew it was a really bad idea going when I stepped out of the taxi. I wasn't very comfortable there. I didn't like it. I wanted to leave right away, but Travin said—”
 
“I wouldn't listen to that fool if I were you? I've known men like him all my life.” Roy said slightly hostile. “To think he would run off and hide himself without making sure you were all right.”
 
“You did though.” She said in quiet awe, “you didn't let that person—” She couldn't finish her thought out loud. Winry wasn't sure of her own head right now; she had been through a very rough night, held at gunpoint and almost killed. “You really do care about what happens to me, don't you?”
 
“That's a stupid question.” Roy reached for her, and wrapped his arms tightly around her and Winry leaned into him resting her head against his shoulder where she closed her eyes, her hands gripping his arms. “I know I shouldn't care, Winry, but I do. I don't want to hear that you could end up missing and I am doing so much more in effort in seeing that it doesn't happen. I don't like to see people trying to hurt you and I won't let them hurt you.” Roy felt her squeeze him harder and he seemed to melt completely into her.
 
“You shouldn't care about what happens to me,” Winry said softly, “it shouldn't matter since I…since I, uh…hate you.” It was said with a lot less venom than in the past.
 
Roy smiled so lightly, softly threading his fingers through her hair. He knew she liked that and would continue to do things she enjoyed; he found some enjoyment in it as well. “I know that, and that doesn't matter.” Why didn't he believe her anymore? Maybe it was her tone and soft quality of her voice. He rested his cheek against the top of her head. “You did whack that man across the knee good.” He was grinning.
 
Winry laughed, “Well he spilled my tools. Those were what Edward bought me a few years ago. They're important to me.”
 
Feeling a small stab in the gut at those words, he sighed and tightened his own hold around Winry. Fullmetal was her good friend and possibly someone she loved. His stomach twisted at that thought. Now was not the time to think about that, Winry was here with him and not with Fullmetal and it seemed that Edward wasn't going to be back yet. Roy felt that this was his time with Winry and he would make the most of it.
 
=====
well that's it for this Episode/chapter.  I know there wasn't alot of hentai goodness, just some plot.  I hope you all didn't mind that.  It is after all a romance too.
Thanks for reading!
Ryoko Blue