Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Till We Meet Again ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
A/N: I have included lyrics from the song Till We Meet Again, by Raymond B. Egan written in 1918. It's a good song, but it wasn't until I was watching the Mini Series made in 1989 Till We Meet Again, that I felt the song was appropriate for this Roy and Winry fanfiction.
 
Thank you so much for your continued support for this fanfiction, I am pleased that I was able to bring you a grand tale and that you all enjoyed it. There will be a sequel, read my authors note at the end of this story for more details about the sequel.
 
Enjoy the last and final chapter/episode of Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me.
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 23— `Till We Meet Again
 
 
It was near two in the morning and Winry was sitting on the window seat in Roy's apartment, in his bedroom. She had put on a shirt so that she wouldn't have been cold because of the night air. Roy was next to her, holding her to him as he ran his hand up and down her belly, trying to soothe whatever troubles she had away. Winry had been thinking about everything that led up to this point in her life.
 
Winry had come here to this city in the hopes of finding out where Ed and Al were. Eventually, there had been the mention of Lior, but who really knew when they actually reached the city or if they left it already.
 
It was funny, not in amusing way but a strange one, how things had changed and she had stayed in this city for another reason. Winry could admit it now, she knew how it happened. There were no more excuses she could make, no more hate, no more unfair anger… And she was glad about that.
 
“What are you doing sitting up so late?” He asked, then kissed her shoulder.
 
She sighed, “I was just thinking about everything that led up to where I am now.”
 
Roy smiled against her skin. “I am not going to apologize about my behavior towards you, I hope you realize this. And I would do it again in a heartbeat.”
 
Winry softly laughed, “I don't doubt that. I never expected you to apologize for any of your behavior.” She turned into him and pressed so close, her cheek resting against his chest as her arms looped around his waist, clinging to him as if he were her very lifeline. This was hurting, her heart felt like it was being squeezed so tight and she struggled for breath. Tomorrow... Tomorrow she would end this with him. It was the right thing to do for him, the best actually. This was just an arrangement, and it wasn't supposed to be long term. Just a couple of weeks… it ended up months and to Winry this experience…it turned out to be far more than she ever thought possible.
 
Staring down at the top of her head in slight worry, Roy ran his fingers through her hair. “What's the matter?”
 
She pressed her face into his chest inhaling his scent, memorizing it. She shook her head, “nothing.” Winry replied, sounding muffled. Looking up at him, Winry found his concerned expression. “Is it so wrong to want to hug or cuddle you?”
 
Roy knew she wasn't being entirely honest, but he wouldn't make it a point to bring it up. Her cupped her cheek and leaned closer, “Not at all.”
 
“Everything is different now,” She said quietly and saw a tiny smile curve against his lips. This was difficult, and he needed to stop smiling at her like that. It was heart wrenching. She shifted out of his soft touches and stood up, turning her back to him.
 
“You're acting strange, Winry.” Roy said in concern and he stood up. Something was really bothering her. He'd gotten to know her moods and mannerisms so well that this one was shouting out at him in drastic alarm. He moved in front of her and reached down and took her hand. He wondered why she wouldn't lift her head and look at him. “Have I done something to upset you?”
 
She shook her head quickly.
 
“Have I said something to make you angry or sad?”
 
She shook her head quickly again.
 
Roy sighed in frustration, “Did I do anything?”
 
“No.” She said, “It's not anything you have done. I just…” Winry finally looked up at him and she just about melted on the spot. “I…l…like you. I like you alot.” She couldn't say it. She couldn't say how she really felt. She lost her nerve. It was probably a good thing she didn't say the truth because he was just staring at her, not even speaking.
 
He liked hearing that, even though Roy knew she was still covering something up. But he could see she really meant what she said. Tightening his hand around hers he walked backwards toward the bed and pulling her with him. He sat down, but his head was lifted and his eyes remained on hers. There was so much he wanted to say, but thought better of it. He did not want to complicate her mind; he could see she was already struggling with something that she didn't want to talk about. “I tell you, that's a lot better than hearing your shouts of I hate you.” He replied with a kind smile.
 
Winry smiled so very lightly, “I was terrible, I know. It's so easy to judge another without all sides of the story. I don't know if I ever really hated you as hate is so powerful an emotion. I really wonder what my parents would say about this.”
 
“I wish I could tell you.”
 
“I wonder if they ever blamed you, for doing what you had to. Why'd they have to be such noble doctors, why couldn't they be picky that one time? It might have been as much their fault as it was your superiors, helping enemy and ally alike. It's something that will always have me guessing about. And you were put in the middle to lose so much because your superiors were too cowardly to do it themselves.”
 
She was right, but Roy would not accept that. He had to take some responsibility for taking lives. And he was sure she knew that.
 
“So, Roy, I am sorry about how I acted. It was unfair of me.” Winry stared at her bare feet.
 
He traced his thumb over the top of her hand. “Your anger was not unfair, Winry. I know that I would be angry if anyone took away someone I loved. It's the nature of the way we are made to feel. And I know there will always be an empty spot inside you that can never be filled.”
 
“That might be true, but the empty spot has somehow shrunk and I finally feel that I can move on. The future doesn't seem so bleak and cold as it had once felt. I will always miss my parents, that's a given. But I remember their love, kindness the values in which they tried to instill in me even at my young age. I know that they are always with me, perhaps continuing to guide me along my path.” Winry couldn't help the tiny smile. “I know you don't feel you deserve it, Roy, but I for my own heart and soul, forgive you.”
 
His arms were suddenly around her middle with his face pressed against her belly. “You're right; I don't feel I deserve it. It's nice to hear though, Winry, and I appreciate it. I don't know if I'll ever really feel at peace, but hearing you say that makes me think that it's possible.”
 
Her hands rested on his shoulders, she squeezed them in affection. And she gasped when he lifted his head staring up at her, seeing the sure intensity in his dark eyes.
 
“I want to be a better man, Winry, one that you can be proud of.”
 
She lowered her lips to his forehead and softly closed her eyes, “You are everything and more. I am proud to know you, and I will tell anyone I run into. Yes, even those two that shall remain nameless to you that you perhaps aren't as bad as he may think.” Winry smiled against his skin.
 
“Not bad? Why my dear, I am positively naughty.” And Roy's hand moved from her waist downward and squeezed her backside, making her laugh.
 
Cupping both sides of his face in her hands, Winry took to memorizing how he felt, the very warmth of his skin while her fingers traced over his cheeks. Her eyes were moving all over his attractive face, taking in his every appearance. She never thought she would have gotten to know him this personally. Slowly, Winry leaned forward placing her forehead against his shoulder and she felt his arms tighten about her.
 
Roy had the feeling that something was very wrong. It was almost as if she were…His eyes widened a slight fraction, “Winry?”
 
Hearing the tone in his voice, Winry lifted her head from his shoulder and pressed closer to him. “Don't ask me any questions, Roy, all right? Just—”
 
He pulled her to him so that she fell into his lap, where he rolled her over and pinned her beneath him. Roy searched her eyes, those beautiful blue eyes for his answer, and there he found it. He was about to speak, to protest, but she leaned up and kissed him, cutting off his words. “Winry…” He groaned against her lips as she angled her lips more over his, and pressing harder.
 
Her arms were around him and she slid her hands up his back, and clung tightly to him, as Roy lifted his head, taking his mouth from hers. He planted his hands on her shoulders, holding her down so she couldn't cut him off again. Roy said one word while staring directly into her eyes, “Why?” His heart was pounding fiercely.
 
“Not now, please.” She turned her head, not able to look at him. Winry felt his hands on her face and he pulled it back towards him, where she closed her eyes.
 
So she was really going to end this, Roy swallowed hard. He didn't want this to be over, it was way too soon. He had every right to know why she decided to do this, and they would indeed discuss it tomorrow. Lightly stroking her cheek with gentle finger tips, he kissed her softly. “All right, tomorrow we are going to discuss your decision.” He watched her eyes open and pressed his nose against hers. “Maybe I can change your mind.” He grinned lightly before kissing her again, his fingers smoothing up into her hair, to lightly play in the silk like strands.
 
Their remaining clothing fluttered to the floor.
 
Roy's hand swept up her hip, lightly curving fingers stroked her soft skin making its path up her belly where he lightly poked her belly button with his forefinger, making her softly giggle. His lips moved about her neck and throat. `Don't end this, I want you too much.' He thought as he moved over her, glancing down into her heavy lidded eyes. Winry's fingers skimmed his cheek, stroking in small patterns.
 
It was hard to let go. Roy felt his heart squeeze. If there was a way to make her stay he would do it, and he was not above blackmail—He just couldn't do that to her. It was selfish, and he knew that he couldn't be selfish, not with this. He would do whatever made her happy even if it was letting go.
 
Winry wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close, she needed to feel this, to touch his heart, his soul, his pain and suffering, his joy. She wanted all of him. Her lips touched his cheek and his dark lashes closed and his mouth feathered over hers and she groaned wanting a more solid contact. His fingers were on her face, in her hair, and he pulled her mouth up to his, kissing her deeply. It felt like he had touched her soul, marked it and was never going to release it. Why couldn't she be selfish, why did she have to think of what he needed?
 
His hand smoothed up her side, so soft, so gentle. His fingers like light falling snow igniting the fire in her veins as he covered her breast and molded the soft supple flesh, his mouth continued to make love to hers and she arched into him. The way her scent carried through him, filling him with what he needed. Her hands grabbed at his shoulders, nails gripping. Pulling back from kissing her, he stared at her as his hands moved about her body, making her want to stay, to never want him to stop touching her.
 
She was wet and warm, and Roy groaned at the feel of his hand up against her heated center. `Stay…' he stroked her and sent spiraling pleasure within her and she thrust against his hand.
 
Winry felt tears gathering in her eyes as she let her head fall back at the amazing way she felt when he touched more than just her body. His scent filled her senses and she couldn't help the choking sob at the fact that she was really going to miss this, to miss being so close to him, as he shifted between her thighs. His hands framed her hips. She could feel his hard length press into the opening of her heat and slowly slide into her. She groaned and breathed in, she felt him becoming a part of her. Winry looked into his eyes.
 
It was the hardest thing she ever had to do, to leave him and she could tell he didn't want her to. He moved slowly inside her, making her feel him. She watched Roy close his eyes, his mouth dropping open in his soft pants as she squeezed him with her legs as she met his thrusts, her body sliding against his in this beautiful rapture of feelings. Her arms were so tight around him and her mouth on his neck suckling, and he moaned. She closed her eyes this time letting her other senses take over. `I love you, I love you' Tears fell in smooth paths down her cheeks as she arched into him.
 
He kissed her again and she mewled, enjoying the way he tasted, filling her with his unique flavor.
 
Roy watched her many emotions and the heating of her beautiful pale flesh. He did not like those tears on her face, so he softly moved his lips about her face, kissing them away. And when she opened her beautiful blue eyes, he felt lost in those endless depths. He wanted to drown in her, to die here in her embrace. He pressed his nose against hers as he ground his hips harder into hers, making her gasp his name so breathlessly. “Give me all night, Winry.” He panted.
 
She smiled so light, “Yes…” Winry opened to him, his mouth taking hers never wanting to let go.
 
`I love you, sweet Winry.' He moaned at the feel of being so hard and so hot inside her. The way she seemed to be made just for him, even though he didn't deserve this. She was his and there was no way he was going to let her go. Perhaps, once he accomplished his goal he would seek her out. Yes. Yes! That's it. He will let her go for now, but it wouldn't be forever. She was his light in his eternal darkness. And maybe he was hers as well. `Winry… you're mine, no one else will have you. I will take you back when I am accomplished and worthy of you.' “Yes! Oh yes.” He thrust harder, and she squeaked in bliss, her nails digging and scraping up his back in her enflamed passion.
 
Her body glistened as that light sheen of sweat spread over her heated skin. And Roy's tongue made a lazy path up her neck to her ear. “This night is ours, and I will make love to you till you can no longer keep your eyes open.” He kissed her ear, her cheek and she breathed out his name in heated rapture.
 
“Oh, Roy…please. I want this, I want you…so very much.” She kissed his cheek, the side of his neck and her mouth moved slowly over his throat as he angled his head giving her the access to him that she craved. “I want to remember this, I want to never forget how you feel. Oh…” She moaned deeply as he thrust deep in her, making her toes curl as she wrapped her legs tightly around him. “All night, I am yours.”
 
And he smiled. There was no way he was going to stop; no way would he let her get a wink of sleep. They both needed to be one with each other, for as long as possible.
 
****
 
“What do you think is going on in there?” Riza asked Maes who leaned against one of the desks.
 
“Nothing of what you think this time, Riza.” Maes looked towards the closed door of Roy's office. “Winry is ending things with Roy.” He saw Riza's eyes widen slightly. “She thinks she's doing the right thing, but I'm not sure it is.”
 
Riza turned towards the door, wondering why after everything Miss Rockbell would do something like this.
 
“So does this mean you are not going with me to the East Headquarters then?” Roy asked Winry as he was standing at the window and staring out it with his arms crossed tightly over his chest. Early that morning he had left his flat with Winry still there, not wanting to face her because she would tell him it was over and he wanted to prolong that moment for as long as he could. He had left before she even woke; there was a pretty necklace with a bright red stone and a note where he had slept. The note informed her that if she needed to contact him he would be at Military Headquarters and to find him there. He had also mentioned to drink the contents of the glass that contained the green liquid on the bedside table.
 
So now, here they were in his office and it was early afternoon. Perhaps she had wasted the time in telling him that this was over. Roy had noticed that she was wearing the necklace he had gotten her, along with that gold heart charm that the Elrics had given to her when she was a child.
 
Winry stared at floor, “I'm going home.” She lifted her head, taking in his extremely rigid posture, “Home to Resembool.”
 
“Ah.” Roy gave a short nod, his brow crinkling slightly. “What are you going back for? What's there?”
 
“It's home, Roy, my home. Ed and Al will be there eventually and I want to be there for them. They don't have anyone. They are all alone in the world. But besides that, I am not cut out for this city life.” She didn't want him to think that she was leaving because of him, that she was in his way.
 
Lifting his hand, he lightly traced the glass panels with his finger, “I failed.” His eyes narrowed and he heard her take a step towards him. Roy turned around and found her confused expression so clearly. “You don't feel safe, I failed to protect you.” He saw her face fall and chest hitch.
 
“Oh no, no you didn't fail.” Winry stepped forward on her right foot, her eyes expressing tenderness. “If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead or worse. And it's not that I don't feel safe, that's not it at all. I just miss waking up to the birds singing, the quiet of the country where nothing is rushed. It's a nice place, Roy. I think you'd like it.” She had to leave, if she didn't she wouldn't be able to stay away from him. She was sure that was also expressed in her eyes for Roy suddenly got this look of understanding about his face. He was always really intelligent and to be able to pick out the reasons with just an expression was impressive “I have to go, Roy. It's just for the best that I do. There is so much that you need to really focus on.”
 
“Winry, I think I understand why you're doing this and I admit that I will miss you.” His obsidian gaze held her blue.
 
She smiled lightly and lowered her head, her eyes lightly closing. “Even though it started out really rough for me, being here with you have been the happiest times of my experiences here in Central.” Winry scraped her shoe against the floorboards, “I know you will do well, and you have my support even if I am far away.” She felt her cheeks heat, “I will be thinking of you.”
 
“So this is it then?” Roy stared at her as she lifted her head, her eyes holding his.
 
Winry nodded, “This was…interesting and it was just supposed to be sex, right?”
 
“Right,” Roy said, `it wasn't, it was more than that.' He was feeling like his throat was closing up and he swallowed hard.
 
“It was not supposed to be…emotional, because it didn't mean anything. Correct?” Winry said, hoping maybe it meant something more for him. That perhaps he really cared for her, and she knew if he said so, if he said he cared, or even…loved her that she would forget all about her plans of going home to Resembool and stay here with him, even if she was in his way. But…she knew he would never say that he loved her, because it just wasn't possible.
 
He noted the look on her face, she was waiting for something. For him to say how he felt, only he did not. `I love you, Winry, and when my goal is complete I will come for you.' He didn't know how long it would take for him to become Fuehrer, but he was going to go as quickly as possible, doing everything he must in order to rise to the absolute top, so that he may eventually claim her and not hold back with anything. “Correct.” Roy's voice sounded a little rough and he cleared his throat. He saw her face fall and she averted her eyes to the left, “If you ever need anything, anything at all, Winry. No matter what has happened. If you need me, I will come to your side, you need only contact me.”
 
Winry felt her heart beat wildly and squeeze at the same time in a bitter ache. He was so much more than she ever thought. She reached to the inside pocket of her black jacket and pulled out a letter, and returned her gaze to his. “I would appreciate it if you managed to pass this letter onto Edward and Alphonse for me.” She found him staring at the envelope, “It just tells them that I went home to Resembool, you can read it if you want. There's nothing personal in it.” She placed it on the desk.
 
“Those boys, they are very fortunate to have a friend like you. You support them with every ounce of your heart; you're always there for them no matter what.” Roy said still staring at the letter.
 
“You're my friend too, Roy. I care about you, alot. I know who and what you are, and I am so honored to have had you in my life for even this brief moment.” She saw his mouth curve up slightly in his barely there smile. “I thank you for everything, and wish you luck in all that you do.” Winry felt her eyes swell with tears that she was trying to hold back as Roy was now just staring at the floor. She turned and headed for the door. Pulling it open, she stepped out into the floor full of working military personnel and walked a few steps. She had barely heard the footsteps behind her.
 
“Winry,” Roy said from the archway of his office as he gripped the doorjamb with his right hand and his left curled down at his side. As she stopped, he took three quick steps to her just as she turned around to face him. He didn't wait. He swiftly reached out and gripped her wrist pulling her to him, where he covered her mouth with his.
Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu
When the clouds roll by I'll come to you.
Then the skies will seem more blue,

Down in Lover's Lane, my dear
.
Neither Roy nor Winry heard the clanking of objects hitting the floor or the gasps of shock about the large floor. Roy bent her back so that she arched into him where he kissed her hard and deep, memorizing every touch, every soft sigh as he molded her lips to his and his tongue swept into her mouth, caressing hers as she just as hard and impassioned returned every emotion, every ounce of her soul into this one moment in time.
Wedding bells will ring so merrily
Ev'ry tear will be a memory.
So wait and pray each night for me
Till we meet again.
Winry's arms had slid up his back, holding him so tightly as this was really farewell. Tears slipped from her closed eyes and wetting paths down her cheeks. Her heart cried, her soul wept. She so longed to stay in this bliss wrapped up with him, life was so unfair. She ripped her mouth from his and took a much needed breath, but his hands on her face turned her back and his mouth took hers, making this moment last just a little bit longer. She felt his hands slip into her hair where he gripped the back of her head and kissed her so hard he was probably bruising her lips…and she wasn't protesting.
Tho' goodbye means the birth of a tear drop,
Hello means the birth of a smile.
And the smile will erase the tear blighting trace,
When we meet in the after awhile.
His heart pounded in a strange fear, he didn't want to let go. He couldn't… Roy needed to make this last as long as he could. He didn't care who saw him, he didn't care if it was going to be commented on in the papers, or talked about for months to come. She was leaving him and he had to give her all he could before she walked away for who knew how long. It might even be too long for him to keep his promise to himself and go after her when he became Fuehrer. He was doing it for those he had wronged and for her…
Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu
When the clouds roll by I'll come to you
Then the skies will seem more blue

Down in Lover's Lane, my dear
,
Winry sighed into his mouth as she melted against him, letting him have as much of her as possible, to let him have a piece of her soul, all of her heart. It all belonged to him and he would never know the power his words would have over her. If he said the words she longed to hear, she would fall completely. `I love you, I love you.' Tears streamed down her cheeks as she arched into him more so that there was no sliver of air between their bodies, pressed so tight that they could become one.
Wedding bells will ring so merrily
Ev'ry tear will be a memory
So wait and pray each night for me
Till we meet again.
 
“Jean, close your mouth.” Riza said calmly and she heard Maes laughing.
 
Clearing his throat, Jean Havoc's jaw had literally dropped at the sight of his superior kissing Winry Rockbell, he was sure the girl hated the Colonel and she was no way pushing him off, he had actually seen the girl pull him even closer. “Are you not shocked?”
 
“I'm not.” Kain Fuery suddenly said from Jean's left side, who turned to him in surprise and Kain wore a very sheepish expression as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Well, I figured out something was going on. It doesn't really take a genius to look at the signs and see what's there.”
 
Riza looked at Kain with disbelief, “Sometimes I wonder why you're still a Master Sergeant.”
 
Kain felt his face heat as he shrugged.
 
She had slipped from him and took a small step back. Winry opened her eyes seeing Roy standing there with the wild expressions in his eyes and she took a deep breath trying to settle her fast beating heart. It was as if they were the only two in the room as the man lifted his hand and using his thumb brushed the tears from her cheeks. She gave him a soft smile as there was nothing more to say.
 
Roy swallowed hard and felt his insides twist, but retained his calm appearance. “See ya.” He said quietly and Winry stepped back, his fingers slowly falling from her face. She turned and walked away. He sucked in a large breath of air and straightened his posture before he spun around and headed back into his office.
 
Winry continued to head for the stairs that would eventually lead to the exit. She stopped right beside Miss Hawkeye and even though she was sad, Winry smiled at her through her tears. “Take care of him for me. Make sure he doesn't get himself killed.”
 
Riza gave a nod, “I will, I promise.” She watched as Winry continued on her way, before twirling around and rushing into the Colonel's office. She found him at the window staring in concentration out it. Riza softly closed the door. “Sir, if I might inquire as to why you let her walk out?
 
In a slow blink, Roy couldn't help the small smile. “This was the right thing to do.”
 
She walked to him, standing beside him. “But you love her.” Riza looked at him and he turned his head, catching her eyes with his dark gaze.
 
“Yes.” Roy turned back to the window.
 
Riza, too, turned to the window. “Then why didn't you tell her?”
 
Roy smiled so light that he heard Hawkeye gasp. “If I told her then she would have stayed.” He answered, knowing that she very well would have. And Winry needed to do what she felt was right for him, leaving so that he may accomplish his atonement.
 
“After everything, are you sure about this, why not put up more of a fight if you love her?”
 
“The Elrics need her.” Was his simple answer, he really didn't want to go into it with Hawkeye.
 
“You need her.” Riza replied, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye and a slight turn of her head.
 
Roy let out a small breath of air. “We can't always have what we want or need. Those boys are not much different than I am. I see a lot of myself in Edward and so I know how much he and Alphonse need her right now. And I need to do so much before I am worthy of her.”
 
“So, it's over then?” Riza asked trying not to upset him any more than he already was.
 
“No,” He saw Winry's figure down below and he reached up to the window latch and turned it where he popped the window open. Leaning forward, Roy cupped the side of his mouth, “Winry!” He shouted and he saw her stop and look up. She turned around and he saw it… She stood there on the ground and she stared up at him, a beautiful smile on her face.
 
“Roy!” She shouted up at him, “Thank you! For more than you could ever know!” Her face was all lit up with happiness.
 
He grinned down at her, “Behave yourself. Don't get into any unnecessary fights, or I might just have to go to Resembool and punish you myself!” Roy heard her laughter and even though his heart was heavy and aching, he felt it lighten just a little bit. He held up his hand in a wave and she returned it, her arm lifting high in the air as she waved her hand from side to side.
 
Riza couldn't help it, a small affectionate smile found its way onto her face.
 
“No, Lieutenant. It's not over with Winry.” Roy replied still staring out at Winry and he couldn't wait till the day he was worthy of her. “It's just on hold for a little while.”
 
Winry's laughter faded, he was such a shameless flirt, but she wouldn't have him any other way. She turned around, taking one last look over her shoulder up at him. She was really going to miss him, even those sarcastic comments and smirks that always adorned his face. Yes, she was going to miss all of him. Giving him another smile, Winry twisted her head around, her blonde pony tail flying behind her and she headed for the gate. Her heart may be aching right now, but she knew it was going to be all right. Her future was bright and full of possibilities, there was no longer that dark cloud hanging over her. She had allowed the pain to run its course; she confronted her demons even if at first she didn't want to. Roy Mustang had saved her in more ways than he realized. He saved her heart and her soul and she hoped that perhaps maybe she saved his as well.
 
In time, Winry knew that she could come to love another, but it would never be the same way she loved Roy. He would always have some part of her heart, no matter who was to come along.
 
At the gate, Winry gripped the bar with her hand and twisted part way around. Staring back at Central City's Military Headquarters, she looked the building up and down, so grand and powerful looking with its banner. She will take back with her the memories of her time spent here with Roy and it made her smile with affection. “Good luck, Roy. May you succeed in your goal, I will support you even if I am not here with you, I am always on your side.” She whispered. “I love all that you are, I love you with your emotional damage, your cocky attitude you pain in the ass.” She closed her eyes and smiled, “yes, I love you.” And she turned away—
 
“AHHH!” Sweaty and disgusted, Edward Elric bolted upright, the blanket falling to his waist. He swallowed hard, trying to choke down that ball of air that just kept rising out of his throat to fill his mouth with revulsion. He was panting and pressed his left hand to his heart, feeling it pounding hard in his chest.
 
“Brother!” Alphonse's voice was heard before the flap was pulled open and he stuck his head inside the tent. “Are you all right? I thought I heard you scream.”
 
Edward turned at the sharp entrance of his brother's dark blonde head, “No, no. I'm okay. It was just a nightmare.” He took in a deep breath through his nose and relaxed, “A sick nightmare that I feel like throwing up.”
 
Alphonse crouched down, his knees making a slight cricking sound. “What did you dream about?” He saw his brother shudder.
 
“You don't wanna know.” Edward still felt his face turn green at the very idea; he lifted his hand and rubbed the sweat away that had gathered at his hair line.
 
Alphonse smiled, “Aww come on. It couldn't have been that bad now, right? After all it was just a dream. You'll feel better if you tell me.”
 
“It was the worst nightmare ever.” Edward leaned forward as did Alphonse, “Remember years ago when we were searching for the philosopher stone?” He saw his brother nod. “I don't know why I had a nightmare about that time, but I was fifteen and you were supposed to be fourteen. And well while we were away on our search… remember those few letters we received from Winry about her living in Central and then her ending up going back to Resembool. Well my dream was in that time period.”
 
Leaning forward a little more, Alphonse nodded. “Yeah, so when's the disgusting part?”
 
“I'm gettin' to it!” Edward shouted and crossed his arms, one was still metal and the other flesh over his chest. “I can't believe it, Al, I had a nightmare about Winry and Mustang, ugh, they were…they were.” He felt chunks rising to his throat.
 
“They were…” Alphonse's brow was arched prodding him to continue.
 
“Do I have to spell it out for ya!? They were having sex, alot of it. All the time! It was so sickening.” He breathed out. “Good thing it was just a nightmare.” He said with relief. “Can you imagine if it really happened…” He noticed his brother had lowered his head and was staring downwards, the air suddenly felt tense and stuffy. “Al? Are you all right? See I told you it was gross.”
 
Alphonse suddenly lifted his head, “Heh, heh. Yeah, gross uh…” He noticed the odd look his brother was giving him. “What?” His eyes widened and guilt poured from his tone.
 
Narrowing his eyes, Edward felt suspicion crawl through his veins. “You look funny, what's going on?”
 
“Nothing!” Alphonse said sharply lifting his hands defensively in the air, “hey, I hear the gypsies have breakfast ready, we better get some before it's all gone.” And he raced from the tent.
 
Edward tugged on his pants and pulled on his shoes, he hopped up to chase after his brother. “Al, Al, get back here! There's something you're not telling me!”
 
“No!” Alphonse kept running, his brother was hot on his tail. If his brother caught him, he'd make him spill it and he just couldn't. He might have seen something that happened between Winry and at the time he was still Colonel Mustang, but what good would it do to tell his brother? It's not like they were going back to that side of gate. They've been stuck on this side for more than two years already. His brother was now almost twenty one, and he was fourteen almost fifteen.
 
Edward was annoyed, no use of Alchemy here. He would have stopped Al awhile ago. “Al, I swear that if you don't—!” He came skidding to a halt.
 
“Hey there,” A young woman with soft brown hair stepped out of her tent and into his path, “Would you like your future told?” She asked the young blonde man.
 
“No thanks, lady.” Edward waved it off and was about to go after his brother.
 
“What about the past?” She said eerily, and the young man turned to face her, “Of a friend? Is there something you wish to know?”
 
“Can you do that?” Edward asked still in disbelief.
 
Alphonse had realized that he wasn't being chased anymore and found his brother talking with the French Gypsy, which is the country they were currently in. They had been traveling with them since they left Germany. He walked back over to Edward, hearing the woman speak about the past of a friend.
 
“You'd be surprised what I am capable of…” She smirked, “Edward Elric.”
 
Edward stared in surprise, how did she know his name? This was just way too strange. Of course, so was that freaky nightmare. Was it just a nightmare, or did it really happen? There was one way to find out. If this lady could really do what she boasted, then it was time to discover the truth.
 
=====
This is the very last episode/chapter of Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me. I hoped you all enjoyed Roy and Winry's emotional roller coaster. And I hope to see you all stick around for the sequel, which will actually contain Edward and Alphonse. Some surprises lie in store for Roy and Winry, will they be together? Or will their love be torn apart. The drama and angst and hopefully some comedy is to come for the sequel.
 
Until next time readers,
Thanks for reading and sticking with this story till the end.
 
Ryoko Blue