Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Paranormal Envy ❯ Closet ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Yay! I got some reviews! I'm so glad people like this! To be honest... I'm really excited about writing this! Haha. Oh yeah, and just as a random side note, Ed is going to be wearing his hair down in this story. I think he looks hott with his hair down. O.o

Disclaimer: I do NOT own FMA....

Here's the next chapter for those who reviewed!

[This is an e-mail]

' This is a thought '

"This is talking and blah blah blah...."
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

I went downstairs to find my family already seated at the table, waiting for me. I lost my appitaite as soon as I read that e-mail. It grabbed hold of my stomach and twisted it. Nothing good was going to being coming soon. I couldn't eat, I felt so sick. I put down my chopsticks and asked to be excused.

"Are you alright, dear?" My mother asked.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine, I'm just not feeling that well. I'm gonna go sleep." I felt their stares as I walked out of the room and up the stairs.

When I reached my room I sat at my computer. The e-mail that had been there before was gone, but a new one stoof in it's place.

[And Alice fell down the rabbit hole. Look where curiousity got her then.](1)

"What? Alice and the rabbit hole?" I reread the e-mail a couple of times and still didn't understand. I got up and went to my bed. The e-mail said the key is between the mattresses... what a weird place to have a key, but whatever.

I lifted up one corner of my bed and didn't see any key. Being as impatient as I am, I took no time in pushing the entire top mattress off the bottom one. In the middle of the bed there was small black key with three circles on the top. A skeleton key... those two words just seemed to pop in my head. I climbed on my bed and grabbed the key before putting the mattress back. I walked over to my closet and hesitantly put the key in the slot. I heard the door click whenever I turned the key. The door opened to reveal a small closet. It had three shelves and a metal on the right to hang things up on. I began dusting off the shelves. When I reached the floor I noticed that the floor looked fake wood. Running my hand over over it didn't feel weird though.

I looked at the line where the wood and the carpet met. "Fake...wood?" I said aloud. I reached to lift up the wood.

"Edo-chan?"

"SHIT!" was what I said in responce. I hit my head off the bottom shelf (Score 2 for me!) when I jumped at the sound of my mothers voice. I came out of the closet rubbing the back of my head as my mother came rushing to me.

"You okay?" She asked with a small giggle hiding a way to mix with her words. I rubbed the part where I felt a bump and a headache forming.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I gave her a fake smile. She titled her head to the side a little but kept the smile on her face.

"Are you sure you're alright? You seemed a little startled at the table." She was dead on, but I didn't want her to worry. I shook my head no and explained to her that my day was long and I was tired. I also told her about my e-mail from Winry, not once did I mention the other e-mails I got or the key. "So you're liking school?"

"Yeah. I like my Welting class. That'll be a lot of fun."

"I'm sure. Well, I just wanted to make sure you were a lot. I need to go clean off the table. If you do get hungry I'll save you some left overs and put them in the fridge." my mother walked to the door.

"Thanks, Oka-san."

After she left, I went to go close my door and lock it but stopped dead in my tracks when I felt something tug at my hair. Standing still for a minute, I felt as my hair was lifted off my neck and parted. I spazzed and and turned around. There was nothing behind me.

"Alright..." I sighed, "I'm definatly going insane." I walked over to my door and closed it. As I was walking about to my closet to find out what was up with the floor, I noticed that I had another message on my computer. I took my time in going back over there. I was afraid to find out what it said. I leaned over my chair and read the message.

[Down the rabbit hole, Chibi-san!]

' CHIBI-SAN!? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ABOUT?! ' I ran over to Al's room and pounded on his door.

"AL? AL!" He came to his door looking very frustrated, and that my yelling wasn't helping. I heard a faint yell from my father to shut up, and I grabbed Al's arm. I didn't even let him say anything.

"Wow! Nii-san! What's--?"

"Read to me what that e-mail says." He looked at me in confusion and I raised my eyebrows. He shook his head slightly and read what the computer screen said aloud.

"Edward. Who's this Roy character? Is he cute? If he's cute then who cares if he's annoying!" Al stopped and looked at me. I wasn't really paying attention. "Haha. What are you so paranoid about? Just calm down. You're probably just nervous about moving to a new place. Love, Winry. Okay... why did you want me to read you an e-mail from Winry?" He looked at me with his eyebrows frowed.

"What?" I leaned Al who was sitting in my chair and read the message from Winry. "But... but.. just a minute ago..."

"Nii-san... what are you so worked up about? If this is your idea of a joke, then your sense of humor needs work." Al said to me seriously.

"No! No! Really!! I've been getting weird e-mail's all day! They don't have an e-mail address and they tell me to do things!!" Al gave me a look that said ' my brother has finally lost his mind. ' "Okay.. right before you came in to tell me dinner was ready I looked at my screen and the e-mail said something about me being cute and a key to open my closet door (I was having trouble opening it...) with that was between my mattresses. I was curious so I looked between my mattress and tah-dah! there was a skeleton key.... here." I ran over and grabbed it out of my closet door. And it was closed... I didn't remember closing it. I stared at it a little longer before turning around and going back to my brother.

"Here's the key. I opened my closet and there's something up with the floor of it... it looks like it's fake. I don't know. And.. and, just a minute ago something was playing with my hair. I don't know what it is... but it's really starting to freak me out." I said this so fast that it took Alphonse a little while to respond. He must have been figuring out what mental illness I had.

"Okay.. I think you have a..." He got closer to me to whisper, "...a... GHOST!" He shouted in my ear and began laughing. I rubbed my ear.

"Ouch! Alphonse! I'm being serious!! And you know I don't believe in paranormal activity!!" He was holding his stomach and laughing. Taking a couple of deep breaths he calmed himself down. But he couldn't wipe the smirk that graced his features.

"Gomen, gomen! It's just how you're acting. But you do need to calm down, you're gonna make yourself sick." I stood in front of him with my fist balled up. If he wasn't going to listen then no one was. Winry would sometimes humor me at least... "No, really. It could be a ghost! I've been reading some books about them, (don't ask me why, but I just have.) and they're rather interesting. They could probably do things like that, but I don't know why they would... oh well. You think it over if you want. But judging by how you're acting now, I don't think you should. You'll literally make yourself sick from the stress."

I sighed and shook my head. I wasn't going to buy that. It had to be something else. I wasn't about to say, 'Oh yeah, there's a ghost living in my closet that thinks I'm cute!' My headache was getting worse. I rubbed my temples.

"Alright, Al. I think I'm gonna lie down. I have a headache... and you screaming in my ear didn't help." Al chuckled.

" 'kay, Nii-san!" He took a few steps away. He stopped and turned around giving me a mischivious look. "Don't let the ghost get ya!" He ran out and slammed the door closed when I threw a book at him. I sat down at my computer and quickly wrote back to Winry.

[I feel like I'm going insane! The house is against me, I swear it! It has it out for me!
I wonder why strange stuff is happening today...hmm.. I don't feel like explaining it
right now. But it's all pissing me off!!

Eh, don't ask to much about that Roy guy. Like I said, he's rather annoying to me. But
he has his moments. He's tall, black hair, and dark eyes. We have 3 classes together...
woo... Oh well. I have a headache so I'm going to sleep.

Love,
Ed.]

I sent the message and quickly shut off my computer. I stood up and stretched. I really could use some more sleep. Striping of my shirt and pants, I went to go climb into my bed when I heard a faint click. Looking behind me I saw that my closet door was slightly ajar. My closet was about three steps away from where I was standing by my bed. I went to go close the door, thinking nothing of it. The door was about to click shut, when curiosity got the better of me. I opened the door the entire way and knelt down. The floor looked the same as it did before, I don't know why I was expecting it to look any different. I ran my hand on the edge of where the carpet and wood met. When I found a crack and pulled up, hard. A loud cracking noise followed. I didn't hesitate anymore. I ripped up the entire bottom, peices of wood flying everywhere. When it was out of my way I looked at what lied underneath it.

A small door with a hoop knob was there. Still not listening to my rational side, I grabbed the iron hoop and pulled up. Dust came flying into my eyes and nostrils. I coughed after inhaling so much dust. After moving the smokey substance out of my view, I looked down. It was a pile of... ashes? I stuck my hand in here. I felt around for anything other than soot. And when I found something solid, I pulled it out and held it up to the light. I dropped it and ran out of my room as soon as I realized what it was.

There was someones remains in the bottom of my closet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------
(1) Alice in Wonderland. You know how she fell down the rabbit hole and got into a giant mess? Same thing.

If you have any other questions about that, just review and tell me or e-mail me... which ever...

Woo! Another chapter! This one might not make a lot of sense. I wrote it on two different days, so I had to pick up at a random spot and I didn't reread what I wrote. Tell me if there's any mistakes and whatnot! Thanks for reading! Please review!