Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Paranormal Envy ❯ Sigh ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Woo! Two chapters in two days! My back hurts now! haha.

Disclaimer: I don't own FMA

On with the chapter!



At school I thought about Envy. I couldn't concentrate in any of my classes. I was so confused. I almost crashed on my way to school. Al started screaming at me for me to pay attention. But I was zoning him out while he was yelling so I only caught that much. I sat in Japanese with my face in a hand, deep in thought. I sat there, staring at Evangelista-sensei, as she talked and wrote stuff on the board. I was supposed to be taking notes, but instead I was agrueing with myself about everything I once believed in.

'Is he really a ghost? I think Ho-Ho Papa (AN: Someone in one of my reviews called him that, and I thought it was hilarious!) must have gave me some drugs.. yeah, that HAS to be it. But why are there -shudder- human bones in the bottom of my closet? Envy... Envy.. Hey there Envy, how are you doing today? That's such a weird name! Was that name randomly given to him? Or is that really his birth name? ARGH! I can't handle this...' I sighed just as I felt a hand cross over mine. I watched as the hand began to scribble something on my blank sheet of paper. I looked over at Roy who was sitting at the left of me. He caught my gaze and gave me a wink before leaning back over and started to take notes again. I looked down at my paper. It read:

"You need to do something about your daydreaming issue. You're drooling. If you ever want to talk or hang out give me a call." there was his phone number writen at the bottom of the note. I turned and gave him a reassuring smile. He winked at me again. This time I blushed. Evangelista -sensei told us there'd be a quiz tomorrow on the notes we just took. I looked down at my paper, and only realizing then that I didn't have any. She dismissed us. I gathered up my stuff and turned to Roy. Before I could say anything he dropped his notes on my desk.

"Here...for the daydreamer to copy." A smirk came across his lips.

"Ha..ha. Real funny, Roy." I said sarcastically. I zipped up my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. We walked out of the class together.

"So what's goin' on in that head of yours?" He tapped me on the head with a knuckle. I waved my hand around to stop him in case he tried to do it again. I didn't look up. I just watched my feet. I shook my head slightly.

"Nothing." He sighed and slung an arm around my shoulders. I eyed him weirdly as he contiuned to lean against me and walk foward. I wasn't going to tell him. Not only because Envy told me not to, but also because I didn't want one of my only friends to think I'm a nut-job.

"There's gotta be something. You can tell me." Roy pried. I shook my head again.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm just a little off today. I haven't had a lot of sleep."

"Are you sure that's it?" He asked as if he were testing me.

"Yeah, that's it." Roy let out a long breath and slowly took his arm off my shoulders, taking his time to pull on my hair a little bit. We walked the rest of the way in silence. I kinda got the feeling he was a little annoyed that I wasn't going to tell him.

(x)(X)(x)

I didn't pay attention in Calculus because I was copying Roy's notes. Every now and then I would feel Roy either tap me on the back or play with my braid. I didn't let it bother me to much though. I had to copy these and give them back. After Calculus, I went to World History. That class was fun and I was hoping it would lighten my mood a little bit. It didn't.

Jean Havoc wasn't in school today, so he couldn't help me get my mind off of things. I took notes in this class but my mind would wonder off sometimes. ' What was Envy's story? Why can't he leave? And his eyes, they were... sad....dammit! Quit thinking about the dead guy's eyes!!!' I smacked myself in the forehead a couple of times, which got me a strange look from the teacher and a few students. Blushing, I looked back down at my paper. Man, I could be the biggest idiot if I wanted to be. Kiimura-sensei went back to talking about the American Revolution after a small chuckle.

Losing interest in the topic, I grabbed a hair tie off my wrist and pulled my hair into a low ponytail. I looked down at my paper to take some notes. Sometime during my daydreaming I had writen the word "Envy" on the margin of my paper. Eyes wide, I began to scrible it out. I suspiciously looked around the room to see if anyone saw that. I sat by the window so I only had to look behind me and to the right of me. Jean sits to the right of me and the guy behind me is a big nerd, so I didn't worry to much about it. Giving up on class and thinking about Envy, I groaned and put my head on my desk. I stared out the window, blocking out everything. I didn't think, I just wanted to get out of school.

Lunch was uneventful. I slept through most of it. Al kept giving me weird looks. I knew that outburst this morning made him look at me like that. But I didn't care, I was exhausted. Getting a total of 9 hours of sleep in a week didn't help. Al woke me up and pulled me outside.

"Nii-san. I wanna know what's wrong." He said. His voice was a little shakey like he was nervous. I looked him straight in the eye and kept my voice steady.

"Nothing. I'm just having a hard time getting used to living there is all."

"Bull shit!" My eyes went wide and my mouth hung open. Al NEVER swore. The only time I've ever heard him swear was went he fell out of a tree and broke his leg. But not now. Al had never sworen at me and he's never accused me of lying before. I lowered my gaze to our feet. I relaxed and leaned against the wall Al had pinned me up against. I felt so stupid making up excuses as to way I'm going insane, but I couldn't help it. "EDWARD! Why are you acting like this?!" Al took a step back and looked at the ground. "I-I'm worried about you..."

I made a sound like a cut off laugh and rolled my eyes. He looked at me with confusion and anger in his eyes. "There nothing for you to worry about, Alphonse!" I gave him a smile, but he just glared at me.

"That's not going to work! You haven't been in your room for a week now and you were yelling about someone in your room today? What was that about?" He put a fist on his hip.

"I already told you! I'm a little delusional!" I laughed, Al couldn't help but smile at that too. "I'm just tired." Al laughed a little bit.

"Alright, whatever you say Nii-san." We hurried said our goodbyes as the bell rang. My next class was with Roy. Woo! Not really. Welting was fun anyways.

Roy didn't ask me anymore questions about why I was so quiet, and off in space. But he did give me concerned glances every now and then. The last two periods of the day weren't exciting. But I did get laughed at when I tripped in gym and almost got hit in the face with a soccer ball. I felt a headache coming on, but quickly ignored it. If I didn't think about it'd go away right?

I walked over to my car to find Al already standing there waiting for me. I unlocked the car and got in. As I started up the car, I got the worst feeling in the world. I had suddenly felt weak and nervous. I was dreading going home...

(x)(X)(x)

When we got home, I felt like I was going to vomit. I took a couple of deep breathes before accutally stepping into the house. I took off my shoes and ran upstairs. I didn't even realize I was up there until I was facing my closed door. I opened the door without anymore hesitation to find Envy lying on my bed, hands folded behind his head, looking up. I took a few steps in and closed the door. He turned his head to look at me, a smile clearly visible on his face.

"I didn't think you'd come straight up here from school." He said in a mocking tone.

"You've been bothering me all day. I some questions and they're going to be answered, damnit!" I said angrily. It's his fault my brother was mad at me. It was his fault I hadn't slept in a week! And right then, I was ready to kill him... again. He shrugged and sat up, crossing his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Alright then, chibi-san. What do you want to know?" He leaned forward a little bit, one eyebrow cocked. Before yelling out all my question, I threw down my bag and walked over to my stereo. I turned it on and turned it up loudly.

"Is that really you?" I stood by my stereo, which was the furthest thing from my bed in the room, and pointed at my closet.

"Yeah that's me." The ghost went to examining his nails again as if they were the most interesting thing ever.

"Why? Why are you in the bottom of my closet?" He shrugged again.

"I'm not exactly sure... I've been in there for.. Oh shit.. how long has it been now..?" He looked up at my ceiling and muttered some things and counted on his fingers. "Oh, about 400 years." He looked back at me. I felt faint again.

"400 fucking years?! Are you kidding me?!" I sat down. I was afraid if I stood any longer my legs were going to give out. He just gave a simple, "Nope." I pulled my knees up to my chest and put my forehead on my knees. I was silently starting to freak out.

"Why am I the only one who can see you?" Envy began swinging his feet like a child would do if they were bored. He looked over at me and gave me a smirk.

"I guess it's because you breathed in my ashes." He laughed. I looked up at him and gave him a look that said 'what the fuck are you talking about?' even though I knew exactly what he meant. Envy stood up and walked over to me. He sat do so we were now shoulder to shoulder. "Anything else?" I didn't want to think anymore. I just wanted everything to go away. I wanted to be alone, but then again I didn't. Now that some of my questions were answered and I couldn't think of the rest, I didn't want him to leave. Something about him intriged me, and it wasn't just the fact that he's a ghost.

I shook my head and said a faint "Not right now." He laughed and slung an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I didn't protest, I didn't really move. Soon enough, Envy started to ramble on about how life had been before my family moved in here. He laughed at himself whenever he said things were quiet and he was 'lonely'. I watched him talk with mild interest. I laughed at the jokes he made. He began acting things out for me. He was really funny. I soon liked Envy.

He told me that he was 19 when he died. He didn't say how he died, and didn't mention the closet. He told me that he had a little brother, his mom was a bitch and he doesn't know anything about his father, and never really cared.

"So is Envy you're given name? Or was it just randomly given to you?" I asked him later on in the night. I had been on my computer, e-mailing Winry when I asked this. He was sitting on my window sill watching me. He paused and looked thoughtfully out the window. "...Envy?" I asked after a few moments.

"Whadcha say, chibi-san?" I sighed. I hate repeating myself.

"Quit calling me that! Is Envy you're birth name, or a random name given to you?" He paused again.

"I'll explain that later chibi-san." He looked back out the window. He looked at the backyard with a longing. I didn't ask anymore questions. I muttered a quiet "Don't call me chibi." before finishing up my e-mail to Winry.

"I'm going to get some food. I'll be back in a bit." I said standing up. He didn't look at me, just gave me a small wave. I walked to my door and opened it. I looked back at him. His back was faced towards me. He leaned his head against the window and sighed. I shook my head and closed the door.

Wow... Envy's really OOC... hmm, I'll have to change that later on. Oh well. I hope you liked this chapter! Review please!

Good day!