Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Paranormal Envy ❯ Brother ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I’M SOOOO SORRY!!! This took forever to get up!!! Gomen! Gomen GOMEN!! First I had writers block, then I got grounded and for the past 4 days I’ve been sick!! I’m sooo sorry!!!



"No.” I said calmly.

“Please! You know you want to!” The ghost sitting next to me on my bed exclaimed.

“No.” I stood up and began to walk away. I hadn’t even taken two steps before something started to pull me back onto the bed. I was pushed on my back with Envy sitting next to me, holding me down by placing a hand on my stomach.

“Not right now! I have some thing I need to do!” I growled from my position on the bed. Envy was giving me a pleading, puppy dog look. “Those kind of looks don’t work on me. And no.” I tried to sit up only to be pushed down again.

“Please!”

“Why do I have to do it?! Get Al to do it! He can see you!”

“But I’ve known you longer!” Envy was starting to sound like a little child. “And it won’t take long! Just do it!”

“Fine!” I shouted, irritated.

“Yay!” Envy took his hand off my stomach and sat cross legged on the bed, back facing me.

“I can’t believe you! I have to take care of my sick mother and you’re making me scratch your back, you lazy bastard!”

“Hey! I’m not Sloth! Hence the name ‘Envy’.” I began to run my nails along his exposed skin quickly and harshly, causing his entire back to turn bright red.

“What were you so envious that earned you that title?” I asked, glad that he wasn’t able to look at me.

“First of all, I defiantly did not earn that name. And I was extremely envious of a lot of people but mostly m--…” He choked off his last words.

“Envy? Are you alright?” I stopped scratching and placed a hand on his shoulder. He nodded.

“Yeah I’m fine. But anyways I was mostly envious of my--” he cut off his words again. I gave him a strange look and moved into the middle of the bed so I could look at the older teen. He was confused, even he didn’t understand why he could say his last word, or words. He looked at my comforter and furrowed his eyebrows. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth.

“My br--!” but cut himself off. He made a fist with his hand and slammed it into the bed.

“Your younger brother?” I asked looking at his face. He looked over at me, confusion still all over his face.

“Yeah, him.” I looked at him questioningly, almost in a sarcastic way.

“Why couldn’t you just say ‘brother’ or his name?” Envy’s face lightened a little bit but quickly turned to nervousness. He opened his mouth to say something but shut it again and looked around the room.

“Envy?”

He shook his head. “I’m not sure, and I don’t remember his real name but it doesn’t matter.” he shrugged and turned around so that his back was facing me again. I sighed irritably.

I continued to scratch his back for only a minute before I got off the bed and started to walk away. I heard Envy make a whining noise. I turned around to see him sitting on all fours, his hands grasping the edge of the bed.

“NO! I told you I have things I have to do!” I turned around and was only three steps away from my door but I was grabbed around the waist. Envy had a hand like a hook around my waist, dragging my back and plopping me back onto the bed, this time, he slung a leg over each side of my body.

“Envy! Quit it! Please! I really have to go see oka-san!” Envy sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Can I do something really quick?” It was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Fine, but make it quick.” Before I could comprehend anything else, Envy’s lips and had met mine. This was something I was not expecting. I closed my eyes and opened my mouth as Envy begged for entrance. I wrapped my arms around Envy’s neck, pulling him down closer to me. We made out for a little bit, before we pulled away for air.

“Was that fast enough for you?” The green haired teen asked, sitting up, or more or less, sitting up on me. I was panting slightly.

“Too fast…” I sat up, making Envy fall off the bed and onto the floor. “Baka! You aren’t just supposed to sit there!”

“Owie! That hurt, chibi-san!”

"Well that wasn't may fault!" I shouted back at him. Right then did I realize that my mothers room is right next to mine. My eyes quickly got wide and I covered Envy's mouth just as he was about to protest. I quickly explained why I did this and stood up. Stepping over Envy, I walked to my door and down the hall.

"Chibi-san! Where are you going?" He yelled, leaning out my doorway. I turned around and shushed him, forgetting that only Al and I could hear him. He rolled his eyes at me as I turned and knocked softly at the door to my parents bedroom. I looked at Envy as he walked towards me standing in front of the door.

"Oka-san?" I asked quietly. Envy quirked an eyebrow in my direction. I pushed open the door slightly just as Envy reached me and leaned against the wall. I poked my head through the opening.

"Oka-san?" I whispered, Envy followed me into the room, staying close behind me. I took a step closer to my mothers bed, finally noticing that she was sleeping. Her face had a sheet of sweat over it. I grabbed the towel off her head and placed it in the cold water bucket we had lying next to her. I rang the cloth out before placing it back on her forehead. Envy watched me do this with mild curiosity. After brushing a few stray stands of hair out of her face, I left the room quietly with Envy. I shut the door, but not the entire way, in case if she called for either me or Al.

Envy and I walked down the hallway and the steps. Reaching the kitchen, the scent of freshly cooked food greeted us. Only then did I realize how hungry I was. Al was putting a few last things on the table.

"Wow! This smells amazing Al!" I said.

He blushed. "Ha ha. Thanks. Is Oka-san coming down?" He asked, holding a third plate, just in case.

"No, she's sleeping."

"Yeah. Chibi-san here decided he wanted to see if he could wake her up!" Envy mocked.

"Did not! Shut up, Envy!" I shouted back at him. Envy just laughed and Al got ready to break us up if we began to fight. Knowing me, Al must have been surprised that I hadn't already thrown at him. To be honest, I just couldn't bring myself to be that angry at him anymore. He's always been really nice to me, and was there whenever I needed to talk to someone. I think two main reasons is because one) he didn't make fun of me when I cried; and two) he's also bisexual. (Score 4 for me- both of those count as one each).

I was really starting to scare myself when it came to Envy.

Al sat down and we began to eat. Envy watched us eat in mild content. He had a real smile plastered onto his face as he looked at all the food between Al and myself. Al was about to put a mouthful of rice in his mouth when he noticed the ghost sitting next to me.

“Envy-san? Don’t you eat?” Al asked in honest curiosity.

“Hmm?” Envy looked at Al, then back down at the table, then back at Al. “Oh! No! I, um. Heh, how should I explain this?” Envy tried to run his fingers through his hair but found that difficult to do. I stopped him from saying anything.

“I’d rather not know. Thank you very much, Envy.” Al chuckled slightly as Envy continued to untangle his fingers from his hair. Slowly, as not to notice, I slid my right hand from the table to my side. Just as Envy got his hand free from the knotted mess that was known as his hair, did I gently squeeze the side of his exposed skin. The noise that came out of Envy had to have been the funniest sound I’d ever heard.

Envy squeaked.

Al and I stared at him for a minute, as he covered his mouth with both hands and gave me the death glare. I set down my chopsticks and bit my lip, but that didn’t help. Soon, Al and I were both laughing our asses off at the blushing ghost. Envy was still giving us the death glare. He obviously didn’t find it very funny. Al put down his chopsticks and wrapped his arms around his stomach. I had my face in my hands when I suddenly felt something push me back and land heavily on top of me. Envy, out of spite, didn’t tickle me back, but instead had pushed me over, sat on my stomach, and was holding my wrists at the side of head. This only made Al laugh harder.

“Al! Quit laughing and get this psychopath off me!”

“Awe! Little chibi-san doesn’t like me on top of him!” Envy was suddenly very close to my face. I felt a deep blush make it’s way onto my cheeks. The green haired teen leaned down lowed so his mouth was right next to my ear.

“Maybe I’ll have to change his opinion on that…” he whispered before nibbling lightly on my ear lobe, causing me to shudder. He sat up a little so that I could see the wicked and perverted smirk on his face. My blush deepened considerably.

“Alright you two! Break it up! There better not be any blood on the floor!” Al shouted at us.

After giving me wink, Envy got off of me. I was suddenly very aroused by him, and I hadn’t even noticed until then. His hot breath on my ear and… ack! I hoped nobody else noticed.

The rest of lunch was rather uneventful. Envy and Al talked about a lot of the same things him and I did. While they talked, I was trying to get my hormones under control. It was a lot harder with Envy sitting right next to me, and occasionally sliding his hand up and down my thigh. Which didn’t help. After I finished eating and Al claimed he was going to clean and finish some homework, I went upstairs with Envy following close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ne, Edo-chan." Envy said from his perch on my bed, while I sat at my computer, staring at the blank screen.

"Hmm?"

"Why don't you tell me about you?" I turned and looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"What?"

"I mean, you know all about my past, why don't you tell me about yours?" Envy asked, slightly amused. I shrugged.

"Now why would I wanna do something like that?" I asked, laughter lacing with my words. Envy glared at me again.

"Because you fucking can. I don't know. Come on just tell me!" He pleaded. Haha... Envy's funny when he's desperate. I thought. I sighed and shrugged my shoudlers.

"Alright, fine. What is it that the Almight Envy would like to know?" He laughed at my wording.

He put his forefinger and thumb up to his chin and looked at the ceiling. I blushed. "I'm not answering anything too embarra--"

He cut me off. "Tell me life." I furrowed my brow.

"Be a little more specific."

"Hm. Just tell me what it's like to be alive." It seemed like he was trying to hide an inside joke behind his huge smile. I stared at him a in disbelief. What it's like to be alive, eh? I don't even know. I thought with a sigh. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, basically. It sucks." I said, looking away from him, my face expessionless.

"All lies and jest, still the man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest (1). Right?" Envy catching me by surprise with his joyful tone. I looked over at him, anger writen on my face. Envy just gave me a real smile. Him laying on my bed, stomach down, arms folded with his chin resting ontop of them.

"Yeah. I guess. A lot of people look at it that way. If there's something they don't want to believe they block it out. Or if something happens to them, they pretend it was just a bad dream, thinking that it never happened. 'Nothing bad could ever happen in this day and age'." I sighed. "That's what Hohenheim used to say. He probably still does but I wouldn't know. But it doesn't matter, because what he says is a bunch of bull shit anyways." I looked away from Envy again. My mood suddenly shifting. A wave of depression and old memories threatening to crash on me any moment.

"Tell me why you don't look at it that way. Why you don't block things out, but instead you invite new things. What happened to you to make you think that this place is so terrible. So sucky." He stressed the last part.

I let a small, pathetic chuckle leave my lips. I shook my head as I said, "Your ears would begin to bleed if I told you all of it." This time I let some laughter escape. Shaking my head, I put it in my hands, hiding my humilated face. "Most of it is just childhood shit, but some part of me doesn't want that to go away. And besides." I sat up, looking at Envy again, who hadn't moved, the smile on his face hadn't faultered at all. "You already know some of it." Envy tilted his head slightly to the right but didn't say anything. I didn't know whether to take that as he knew what I was talking about or if he didn't.

I waved a hand at him. "Ask me something else. I really don't wanna get into that right now." I saw Envy's smile widen out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh? And why not?" He asked, his voice challenging me. I shook my head and turned to look out the window. The sun was still bright, but slowing sinking into the horizon.

"Because I don't wanna talk about it. I don't want you to know right now. That's the end of it." I said firmly. I didn't turn around to watch as Envy's smile faded slightly.

"Alright. Just to give you a warning. I won't force it out of you now, but sometime. Okay?" I didn't move. I knew he'd force me to spill anyways. I just didn't feel like talking about it with my mother being sick in the next room.

"Hmm. How about you tell me about that place you moved from... What was it called...?" I frowed and moved in my chair.

"Resembool." His smiled return full on his face. I mental wanted to kill myself as a admired Envy from across the room. His hair fell gracefully over his shoulders and on his back, and how is shimer brilliant green in the bleeding sun. His eyes.. those damn eyes, always lurring my closer and closer to him. I shook my head.

"Ha, you'd probably hate Resembool. Quiet little suburb."

"Why do you think I'd hate it?" I shrugged for like the millionth time, it seemed.

"You're loud, and you seem to like loud. And there, people really didn't accept you if you were 'different'." I thought over how to word my next statement. "For example. You're loud in the way you are. Like your outfit is 'loud'." I used my fingers to make quotations over the word. "But anyways. People there are simple, there's nothing exciting there is what I meant.

"So, Resembool isn't much. I was born and raised there, so was Al and my mother, too." Envy sat up.

So I told him about my childhood. There wasn't much exciting about it. I told him about school which he seemed overly interested in. I guessed since he never said anything about school that he never went. I told him about middle school, which was dull. I talked about my classes and my friends. When I got to my freshmen year, he seemed to perk up a little bit. I described the fights I had gotten in, with my father and other kids at school.

And the day went on.

(x)(X)(x)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((AL'S POV))))))))))))))))))))))))

"So you understand, correct?" a female voice whispered in my ear. At first I tried to ignore it, but it just kept telling me over and over. The same thing was being said.

"The man in that room with your brother is evil. He'll try to hurt your brother. He's going to change your precious brother. You must get rid of the green haired one!"

I clamped my hands over my ears for the first couple of times. I resisted the voice, but it was distracting... comforting.. and worst of all... it was calling to me. Telling me things I didn't want to hear. The voice spoke words of wisdom. Speaking of things I didn't quite understand but knew.

I felt something run from my cheek down my neck. I didn't move as I felt invisible fingers move through my hair and around my shirt collar.

"Yes. That one must fall."