Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ When the Cherry Blossoms Bloom ❯ In His Arms Again ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I never claimed to own this, so guess what. I do not!
 
Summary: When faced with Love's difficulty, can three people locked in its hold push aside their fear for the sake of it? Sequel to Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me.
 
When the Cherry Blossoms Bloom
Episode 4-- In His Arms Again
 
Winry felt her heart thunder and she took a deep breath. She dare not turn around to look at him. Her hands that were held in front of her started to tremble lightly, especially when he came to stand beside her. She sucked in an unnoticeable deep breath. “How did you—”
 
“Know that you were here?” Roy finished her question for her and tilted his head slightly in her direction. “You rode back with Lieutenant Hawkeye and she informed me of your brief visit.” He looked at Maes' grave.
 
“She told you?” Winry tightened her grip on her own fingers. “I asked her not to.”
 
Edward growled threateningly at how Mustang was standing far too close to Winry. “Get away from her, you, you lecher!” He shrieked, even though he knew he wouldn't be heard. He was about to attack him, but the hand on his shoulder prevented him, holding him back as Edward was trying his hardest to reach that damn Mustang and pound him into oblivion.
 
“Don't bother, Edward.” Maes said, tightening his grip and still managing to look bored with holding him back, as if it took little effort. “You would run right through him.” He said with a grin and Edward stopped fighting against the pull and folded his arms crossly over his chest, silently fuming. He was completely disgusted in having to watch Mustang work his so-called magic on Winry.
 
“I know, she told me that as well.” Roy's brow furrowed. “What I want to ask is why didn't you want me to know you were in town, even for a brief visit?”
 
Winry's face heated, “Because this is what would exactly happen. I'd see you and not want to leave.” She admitted honestly and could feel that smug smirk caressing his perfect lips. She turned her head sharply to find him just doing that. “Ooh, wipe that look off your face.” She said with a half grin. That comment only made his smirk deepen and Winry scoffed, “You are such a pain in the ass.”
 
Roy laughed. “It's nice that you think of me so highly.” He teased.
 
“How did you know that I was going to visit Mr. Hughes's grave today?” She still would not turn and look at him. A small fluttering of wind moved through her hair and brushed against her face tenderly.
 
“Gracia said that you were going to be seeing Maes today, so I followed you.” Roy said. “There was just enough time to get to Headquarters to relieve Hawkeye from being my driver. She understood my need in wanting to see you and it's possible she wanted a little time to herself. I think she's seeing someone in Headquarters and is keeping it quiet because of the no fraternization rule.”
 
“Breaking rules,” Winry tutted, “I think you're a bad influence on your co-workers.” She said with a slight smile, but it soon faded. “On my way here to the city, Riza told me about what happened to Mr. Hughes.” Her brow furrowed in grief. “She said that he was purposely silenced.”
 
Roy sucked in a deep breath, “yeah, that's true. Investigating is his job; he's really good at it. He had discovered something pretty important and told me to get here quickly. He was found shot at a payphone, the one I am sure he called me from.” His expression hardened. “He died trying to help me.”
 
“You can't blame yourself for this. How could you have known this was going to happen?” Winry, hesitantly, let her hand slide over the small bit of distance between them and cover his, where she squeezed. She felt his fingers curl tight around hers and her pulse raced at the wonderful warm contact that she had missed so much.
 
“I know how dangerous what I am trying to do is. I know that the people around me could possibly lose their lives, but I never expected it to be Maes.” He closed his eyes lightly.
 
“Do you know what he found out?” Winry asked, and she saw out of the corner of her eye him shake his head no.
 
“No, Scieszka was working with him for awhile. After you left Central and I was transferred to the East Headquarters, I was kept abreast of everything happening in Central. Maes informed me that Scieszka really was terminated from her library job as it burned down, how convenient right? He eventually hired her as an assistant, so it's possible she could know what information he was killed for.” Roy replied with a hint of bitterness along with grief. He really enjoyed the feel of her hand and it made telling her this a lot easier. It had been a long time since he was able to just do something simple like this with her.
 
“It must be more than what your ambition is, Roy. There's no mistaking that if Mr. Hughes found out something rather devious going on, it must be pretty dark and evil which had to have been the reason he was silenced for it.” Winry wanted to find out just what it was, and perhaps if there was time she would be able to ask Scieszka.
 
“Yes indeed, I had realized that. Secrets, lies, this damn fucking corrupt government.” Roy seethed with slightly narrowed eyes, which he turned to her form, he noticed her thinking deeply about something, she had this look on her face and he immediately knew what was going through her mind. “Stop it.”
 
“Stop what?” Winry said lowering her lashes innocently.
 
“That.” Roy insisted. “I know what you're thinking, now stop.”
 
Winry sighed, “I was thinking that I could ask—”
 
“No.”
 
“But I want—”
 
“No, Winry.” He said more firmly.
 
She growled, “Why not?!” This time she turned her whole body to him, finally looking at him head on, but now she was frustrated that he wouldn't let her help him in some way.
 
He turned to her as well, only a few inches separated her from him. “Damn-it, it's dangerous, Winry! I don't want you involved at all. I mean it.” Roy warned tightly. He couldn't lose her too! He knew that would utterly destroy him.
 
Winry groaned and felt like stomping her foot in irritation, but restrained herself from such a childish act. “I'll be careful! Please, I want to do what I can to help you.”
 
“Oh really? And just what could you do that would be of any help? You'd only get into trouble, and I can't take something like that!” He yelled at her and her eyes widened. Taking a deep, frustrated breath he dropped his gaze to the grass.
 
She averted her gaze to the right, “Maybe we shouldn't be arguing about this in front of him.” Winry gestured with a nod of her head to Mr. Hughes's grave.
 
“I know you want to do what you can, Winry. You've always worried about everyone except yourself.” He stared at her, his eyes burning with hard intensity at the very idea of her being in harms way. “But this is big, too big. Maes is dead. Do you know how hard it was for me that I had to watch them bury my best friend - to know that I will never hear his voice, or see that ridiculously goofy expression on his face when he's telling me to get myself a wife? Or shoving those pictures of his daughter in my face and going on and on about how wonderful she and Gracia are.” Roy sighed deeply. He straightened his posture and spoke in an anguished but firm tone, “I will not watch them bury you. I can't.”
 
Winry stared at the ground, curling her arms around herself lightly. The power of his words, meanings and tone hit her straight in the heart. “Roy, I…” She took a hard breath. “I can't just sit on my ass and worry over you! Don't you see that as well? I've actually seen what Ed and Al go through.” Her head snapped up and her blue eyes held his dark. “Edward has come so close to death and he's even...” She felt as if her throat was closing up as she found it difficult to suck in that hard breath of air at the idea that he actually took someone's life. Sure it wasn't really a person, yet it was a living being and that was so very terrible. But it was either him or the Homunculus and she understood that. She trusts Edward completely. “It kills me inside that I can't do anything to help him. He sent me away because it was getting too dangerous! He didn't want me with him anymore! Now I find out that Mr. Hughes is gone… I could do something, anything, it doesn't even have to be big, but I want to help. I've got to! And I will do it whether I have your blessing or not, because I still support you, I will do what I can for you!” She cried out, tears filling her eyes and she wiped them from her eyes.
 
Edward felt so awful, he has always had her support and he didn't even know it, or appreciate it. It was as if he let this happen, like it was his fault. His heart felt like it was tightening at how passionate Winry's tone was concerning Mustang how she wanted to help him so badly no matter the cost, even at loss of life. She was so very selfless that he didn't even see all that, not until now. “I'm a right asshole!”
 
Roy had to get her to change her mind, there was no way in hell he was going to let her risk her life. It was always difficult to keep her from doing what she wanted. She is a very determined sort of person. It destroys him inside to even think of her losing her life in this foul game of lies and deceit. “You're so stubborn, Winry. It's damn near exhausting.” He felt like rubbing his sinuses, but refrained from doing so in front of her.
 
“Does that mean that you're going to allow me to assist in what I can?” Winry asked, with slightly narrowed eyes.
 
“No it doesn't, it means I'm tired of talking about it right now and don't want to anymore.” He replied in a way that meant the conversation was over.
 
“It's not just going to go away because you don't want to talk about it anymore.” Winry said snippy, and she crossed her arms over her breasts and looked away from him in irritation.
 
He knew that, but maybe he could distract her from it taking precedence in her mind right now. “Yes, I do realize that, believe it or not.” Roy closed the distance between them and that move caused Winry to glance up at him. He was pleased that she didn't back up a step or two. “Did Gracia give you my note?”
 
“Yes.” A light smile lifted at the corners of her mouth.
 
“What I wrote is true, you know?” He said with affection and heat shining in his dark eyes.
 
Winry felt like teasing him, after all he deserved it for not letting her help him…not that she needed his permission. “Is it now? I don't know if I should believe you.” She kept the eye contact.
 
“How could you not believe me?” Roy lifted his hand, his fingers so close to her cheek that he could feel the warmth of her. He wanted to touch her so badly, but resisted the pull. “Haven't I always been honest and straight with everything concerning you? So you should believe me, that I missed you.” He leaned closer so that his mouth was hovering only millimeters from hers, with his hands aching to grab her shoulders.
 
Edward growled, “Don't touch her! Don't you dare! And she's right not to believe you, you enemy of women!” He squeezed his hands into fists tightly, wanting so badly to crush Mustang's skull. Perhaps Winry wasn't going to let him get away with banging the flower girl and she would knock him out with her wrench and shout that she hated him.
 
“You couldn't have missed me that much, I'm sure Grace can testify to that.” Winry said, her breath lightly tickling his lips. God he was so close and his scent filled her senses, and it took everything she had not to just crash her mouth against his.
 
Roy's brow furrowed, “Grace? Who's that?” He asked honestly.
 
A short laugh escaped Winry's throat, “now that's just cold, so cold. How could you not know who she is?” Winry could see he was really trying to figure out who she was talking about. “You know the girl at the flower shop?”
 
It took a moment, but finally he remembered that girl at the flower shop, they had a date recently this past week. He felt a little embarrassed at not remembering her name. “Oh, yeah, Grace…well you know….”
 
Winry giggled, “So, see you couldn't have been missing me as much as you claim, since it seems you've already found someone to replace me.”
 
“That's right, he doesn't care about you, Winry!” Edward shouted. “He'll say anything to get you to trust him only so he can get into your pants. See I knew you wouldn't fall for those sweet pretty words.”
 
Alphonse's jaw dropped, “You are such a liar! You thought she was going to, Brother. And if you look at them it doesn't seem like she's fighting all that hard to get away from him.”
 
“Shhhh!” Edward didn't want to hear that, even though Alphonse was probably completely right. He at least could hope.
 
“Oh, that'll never happen. No female could ever replace you.” Roy said softly, “What's a few dalliances every now and then? They just take the place when I can't have the one I truly want.”
 
A smirk arched against her lips, “Ah, that was smooth. I give you credit for that one.” She leaned up, even closer so that her mouth just barely feathered against his and she leaned back just slightly when he tried to press forward to have complete contact. “I bet you say that to all the girls.”
 
He groaned. “Why are you hesitating? It's not like we haven't done this before.”
 
“Hesitating about what?” Winry asked with sweetly false innocence.
 
With a frustrated growl, he stared her straight in the eyes, “Kiss me, damn-it.” He breathed hard.
 
Edward felt bile rise up into his throat and sweat gathering at his hairline as he waited to see what was going to happen. “No, don't I can't stomach that! Don't Winry…”
 
Winry paused, “I don't think so. Not in front of Mr. Hughes.” And she turned away. It had taken all the power she could muster up to do that. She had wanted to feel him so badly.
 
Practically jumping in the air with relief, Edward cheered. “That's right! Take that, Mustang.” He grinned proudly. “She'll never give into you now.”
 
“Edward, I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Better not set yourself up for disappointment.” Maes warned and the young blonde man turned a glare to him. “You should always keep in the back of your mind that maybe Winry doesn't want to resist Roy's advances.”
 
“I don't think he wants to believe it.” Alphonse said to Hughes with a shrug of his shoulders. “If he did, this wouldn't be his heart's greatest fear.
 
“What's your heart's greatest fear Alphonse?” Maes asked, genuinely curious.
 
Alphonse stared at the grassy ground, “Being without my brother.” He felt Hughes's hand lightly pat his shoulder and he smiled lightly. He looked up at his older brother as the happy expression on his face fell and he was frowning, “Poor Brother.”
 
Roy stared wide eyed at the spot she had just been standing in, in complete shock. He stood there like a statue, his hands tightened in the air as Winry took three steps to the left and out of his reach. Frustration rushed through him like a torrid wave and he lifted his head. “What was that?!” His voice tinged annoyance. “Come on now, you aren't mad about the flower girl, are you?” He actually sounded worried.
 
A loud but sweet giggle burst from Winry and she turned her head, glancing at him over her shoulder. “Nah, I'm just playing with ya.” She winked and twisted her head around and started walking away.
 
Rushing to catch up with her, Roy growled walking by her side making her laugh even more. “It's not funny. That was just cruel.” He sulked.
 
“The expression on your face was hilarious.” Winry laughed hard, “Too bad you couldn't have seen it.” She snickered.
 
Roy only grunted and narrowed his eyes in on the nearest shrubbery, wanting to burst it into flame. “Fine then, now because of your cruel teasing you can make it up to me by having dinner with me.”
 
“In public?” She saw him nod once and Winry looked at him, “What? You actually want to go out in public with me, knowing how old I am?”
 
With a simple shrug, Roy glanced at Winry's worried expression trying to ease it with a kind one of his own. “It's not like we're doing anything wrong. We're just two friends who happen to be hungry at the same time.”
 
She snorted, “Yeah, two friends who've seen each other naked more than a few dozen times.” Winry replied sarcastically.
 
Edward felt nauseous at hearing that!
 
Roy was grinning, “Yes, but no one really knows that for sure.” Thinking of Winry naked was definitely a great pastime. “Who cares what people talk and gossip about? Surely, you aren't afraid of just talk, are you?” His tone was challenging.
 
“Of course not. Don't be silly.” She looked forward again. “I guess it would be all right, no harm in dinner.”
 
“Great.” Roy felt very elated and he's getting to spend more time with her so that was always a plus. “How about Cantonese?” He suggested, seeing her looking confused.
 
“Sounds like a date to me.” Alphonse said which caused his brother to growl at him and Alphonse lifted his hands defensively. “I guess I said that a little too loudly, it was meant for only Mr. Hughes.”
 
Edward spun around and continued to follow after Winry and Mustang while trying to burn holes in the back of the man's head with his hard gaze.
 
“What's that?” Winry asked a little unsure of what kind of food he was talking about. She saw a very pleased expression in his eyes. “I guess it's a surprise?”
 
“Sure, why not? It appears that you don't have a wide selection of Cuisine where you live.” Roy's reply was teasing.
 
“Not really, it's not like we don't have good places for dinners and such. We do have some really nice restaurants back in Resembool that I love. We have a pretty tasty Pasta place; it's one of my favorites.” Winry smiled prettily.
 
Roy loved her smile, “You'll have to show me sometime.” He flashed a tiny smile of his own and hers grew even bigger as well as the sparking in her eyes. “I have a vehicle with me, so we don't have to walk to the place I want to take you to.” He gestured to the parking lot with his hand extended and Winry continued to walk with him.
 
“I don't mind walking, I actually like it.” Winry waited as Roy unlocked the passenger side door and opened it for her.
 
“I know, but it'll be dark soon.” He helped her inside his car and closed the door.
 
****
 
Edward stood there completely tense with his arms folded over his chest as he glared hard at the atmosphere of this restaurant. It was romantic and private. Edward silently seethed with hostility as Winry and Mustang looked a little too cozy for his taste. He heard Hughes and his brother talking but tried not to hear how positive the talk was about Mustang and Winry.
 
After the two wine glasses were filled a little more than half way, Roy glanced up at the waiter. “Leave the bottle.” He ordered, and the waiter gave a short nod placing the clear bottle of plum wine on the table and walked away.
 
Winry stared at the pink liquid in the glass in unsure concentration, before lifting her blue gaze to his. “Are you trying to get me drunk?” She was clearly playing; her tone was light and easy with just a hint of sarcasm.
 
His dark eyes expressed amusement as did the tiny smirk lifting at the corner of his mouth. “Knowing how you are, it wouldn't take much.” She stuck her tongue out at him and Roy softly chuckled. “It's good, you should have some.” He leaned forward a little watching her reactions. “I'll make sure you don't overdo it.”
 
`Ah, why not?' She reached forward and picked up the glass, looking unsurely at the pink liquid as Winry brought it to her lips and tipped the glass back, letting a little of the wine slide into her mouth. It was really sweet, almost like candy.
 
Roy could see that she liked it as her face lit up in that usual brilliance when she was happy about something. “I told you it was good.” He watched her fold her hands and place them in her lap. “Now, tell me why you're here in Central for only a brief visit?”
 
Winry stared at her empty plate. “I had been with Ed and Al for awhile and I was on my way home and wanted to stop and see the Hughes's. So it was kind of just a stop over. A few days before Ed's birthday, he called me and told me his Automail wasn't working right.” She rubbed the back of her neck embarrassed. “It turns out that I had somehow forgotten to put a rather important screw in and well I came down right away to install it and fix him up since he had also done some damage to his Automail. So when I got here and found him in the hospital I got really mad since he neglected to tell me that part.” She growled. “He's never honest with me, not about anything. He's always keeping important life threatening things from me. Ed mentioned that he was going to be traveling and I begged him to let me come along because they were going up to Rush Valley.”
 
“So the Fullmetal Pipsqueak finally let you tag along, I see.” Roy smirked.
 
“Quit calling me so tiny that I would have to look up to see a paperclip! You self absorbed bastard.” Edward shouted at Mustang's profile.
 
Both Alphonse and Hughes turned to each other and shrugged.
 
With a slight amused smile, Winry rolled her eyes at that comment. “Yeah, finally. I was happy to be with Elric's again. That was until Ed got tired of me and didn't want me with them anymore.” Her expressions seemed to ice over in sadness. “He told me to leave in his usual way. Al was sure a lot nicer about it. I had a talk with Riza on the way to Central and she helped me to understand why they don't want me with them. It is so hard to get close to Ed. He makes it nearly impossible. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it, because all he does is hurt my heart and make me feel bad.”
 
Feeling his heart fall into his feet, a look of grief passed over Edward's features. “I'm so sorry, Winry. I didn't know I made you so sad. I know I'm an ass, you should have been straight with me about it!” He wanted to hold her but knew he would not be able to. Still his hands shook with the need of it.
 
“Would you have acted any other way, Edward?” Maes asked, watching the boy's expression as Edward stared at the hardwood floor he knew he was seriously thinking about it.
 
“You're giving up?” Roy appeared very surprised, and he was. “That doesn't sound like you.”
 
“No, I don't think I could ever give up on the Elrics. It's just really difficult.” Winry lifted her head, looking at him. “They don't have anybody, they are so alone and Ed seems to…” She shook her head, not even bothering to finish her comment.
 
“That's not true, Winry,” Roy said softly. “They have you. And they have me.”
 
Affection filled her blue eyes as she smiled lightly, “Really? You would watch out for them?” She placed her hands on the table.
 
He nodded once, “To the best of my ability, yes. As you said, Fullmetal is hard to deal with.” Roy leaned forward. “I think he's afraid of getting close to people and doesn't know how to express that. So he takes to pushing people away and keeping them at a distance, either because he will hurt them or they will hurt him.”
 
That was one thing he couldn't disagree with when Mustang pointed that out. Edward hated to admit it, but the creep was right. He really was afraid to get close to people.
 
Winry nodded, “Yeah, I notice you're kinda like that as well. Everyone the Elrics have loved pretty much left them, through just running off or death. I want to do what I can for them; I just wish Edward would understand that he hurts me.”
 
“Have you ever thought about telling him how you feel?” Roy asked, covering her hand with his and brushing his fingers soothingly over the top of her hand.
 
With a deep sigh, Winry nodded. “Yes, but I don't think he would really hear it. Because it seems to him that he thinks no one suffers more than he does. Sure I haven't had my arm and leg ripped off, but it doesn't mean that I don't feel pain or have losses of my own.”
 
Edward folded his hands in front of himself, knowing that Winry was much more than he thought. She was so very understanding and she had cared about him, even when he was horrible to her. “Please forgive me, Winry.”
 
“I know it will sound cold, but it was his own fault and he blames himself completely for his brother's condition.” Roy explained, knowing exactly the kind of self destruction Edward goes through on a daily basis. “I know about self blame all a little too well.” He felt her squeeze his hand in comfort. “Certain things are taboo and forbidden for a reason. But I understood his need to want to try it, as I had experimented with it myself.” Roy stared at her directly. “You were right, Winry when you mentioned that he and I were a lot alike.”
 
With a sharp lifting of his hand, Edward pointed at Mustang. “I am nothing like you! How dare you even say something like that! I want to ring your damn arrogant neck!”
 
She smiled a little. “Well as much as Ed irritates me and pisses me off, makes me sad and hurts my feelings. He needs a place to come home to, a place where he feels safe. My grandmother and I are his family. I just hope he someday knows that.”
 
“I do know that, I do, Winry!” Edward wanted to throw himself at her, to get her to understand, to let her know that he was so very sorry, for everything.
 
This was a very depressing topic of conversation and Roy wanted to lift the mood. “I want you to tell me a secret.”
 
Winry blinked, “I don't have any secrets.”
 
“Nonsense, everyone has at least one.” Roy gripped her hand a little tighter and turned it over, where he petted her palm with gentle fingers.
 
Edward's face heated in irritation and disgust. “Stop touching her! I mean it! I swear the first chance I get, you're going to have an up close meeting with my fist!”
 
Her face heated from embarrassment, it was true. She had one. “Okay, you're right I might have a secret… My name Winry is just short for Winifred.” Her face twisted up in disgust and she saw Roy's brow crinkle. “You're never to call me that, understand?” She said sternly trying not to smile at seeing him shaking in silent laughter. “This is something I haven't even told Ed or Al.”
 
Both Alphonse and Edward looked at each other in shock that she chose to tell Mustang something that she had never told them, not ever.
 
Edward couldn't help the twinge of hurt at this revelation, “Winry!” He crossed his arms and pouted.
 
“All right, I'll never call you Winifred.” He snickered and she growled which made him almost burst out in heavy laughter. Roy felt a burst of pride when it was something only he knew, not even the Elrics…that pleased him greatly! “My middle name is my father's name.”
 
“At least that name is okay,” Winry said huffily.
 
It wasn't that much longer till the waiter brought the exotic dishes of beef, pork and chicken in various sauces with vegetables and rice that Roy had ordered, and started dividing equal portions of each item to place on their plates. Winry had picked up the eating sticks looking at them curiously.
 
“Couldn't I just have a fork?” She asked Roy after the waiter left.
 
“No, it's more fun this way.” Roy grinned, watching her trying to figure out how to use them. She would hold them both with two hands and try scooping beef and pork together.
 
She grunted in frustration and was about stab a piece of chicken with one of them when she heard Roy's chair scoot and he was around near her side of the table and he softly grabbed her hands. Winry glanced at him. “This is not fun.” She complained.
 
“Like this,” Roy started to say placing the sticks in her right hand and she listened and paid attention to his lesson in how to use chopsticks. And maybe he just wanted another chance at holding her hands. They were incredibly warm and soft, oh how he missed this so badly. He could see pink heat her cheeks and he was sure he was affecting her the same way.
 
He watched her smile and nod as he gestured to the plate and then demonstrated how to use them. Squeezing a piece of beef in a sweet orange sour sauce between the ends of the eating utensils, he held it to her lips and she laughed silently, before closing her mouth over it. “Good, right?”
 
Winry gave a slight nod as she chewed the bite of food. “It's very nice.”
 
“Do you want more?” Roy asked, preparing for the task of feeding her again.
 
“I think I can do it now.” Winry replied with a soft smile.
 
Edward sulked while he paced, he continued to watch the display between Winry and Mustang, they seemed so comfortable with one another that it was sickening. He was losing Winry, she was taken in by these sweet motions and pretty words that no doubt Mustang used with every one of his conquests. It was repulsive and Edward couldn't stop the feeling of his stomach flipping out of control. “This is wrong, it's all wrong. This isn't supposed to be happening. Winry come to your senses, please!”
 
 
It was a little after eight and Roy had just taken Winry back to Garcia's. They were just sitting in the car out front looking towards the house that had lights on.
 
“I'll walk you to the door.” Roy suggested and Winry nodded.
 
“All right,” She said feeling a little nervous. Winry never knew what to expect when it came to him.
 
This made Edward very nervous and his stomach bubbled unpleasantly.
 
After Roy had opened the car door for her, Winry slid out and headed towards the house with him following after her. As she got closer to the door she noticed there was a note tacked onto it, she picked it up and read through it:
 
Winry,
 
I've taken Elysia to a slumber party and since she is so young I'm staying with her and won't be back till tomorrow morning. If you don't have any plans tonight, I hope you don't mind watching the house for me. I left a pot of tea on the warmer for you. It's sitting on the long chest in the living room beneath those pictures of my husband. There's a key to unlock the front door beneath the floor mat.
 
Gracia
 
Winry sighed and bent down, flipping up the end of the floor mat and finding a silver key there. She was unaware of Roy's eyes firmly on her backside as it was practically thrust in the air. He cleared his throat and Winry shot upright.
 
Yelling out in alarm, Edward pointed at Winry's backside up in the air and Mustang staring at it as if she were a piece of cake he'd been eyeing. “She needs to be more careful, she just shoved her ass up into the air.”
 
Alphonse glanced at Winry's backside and nodded. “I can't blame the Colonel for looking, she's got a nice shape.”
 
“Al!” Edward turned a shocked expression to his brother.
 
“Oh, sorry about that,” Winry's face heated in realizing what she had just done.
 
Roy shrugged, “I didn't mind, it was a nice view.” He then pointed to the note. “What did that say?”
 
“Well it seems I'll be by myself tonight. Gracia took Elysia to a slumber party and they won't be back till morning.” She inserted the key into the lock and turned it, hearing the click. “Do…do you wanna come in for a little bit?” Her face burned and she couldn't help the crack in her voice.
 
Edward threw himself onto his knees, “Noooo!!” He shouted upwards shaking his hands in the air, “Don't you know what he's gonna try and do to you, I can see that devious look in Mustang's eyes. He's gonna take advantage of you, back you into a corner so you can't scream!”
 
“Brother! Control yourself! Please.” Alphonse begged. “Your imagination is running away with you again. I doubt he will do anything she doesn't want him to.”
 
“Shut up!” Edward snarled, “Just shut up, Al. You don't know what you're talking about!”
 
Alphonse looked at Hughes who simply shrugged his shoulders.
 
“Just let him deal with this in his own way, Alphonse.” Maes said in a comforting tone. “He'll have to face it eventually.”
 
A ghost of a smile curved against Roy's lips, “Yes.” He answered with a slight incline of his head. He waited as the door was opened and Winry stepped inside where he followed after her, closing the door behind him.
 
Winry was removing her black jacket and draped it over her arm until she walked into the living room and sat it on the long chest up against the wall. She saw the tea pot on the small electric warmer and smiled fondly at it. Gracia was so kind to leave out this nice gesture for her. Winry heard his footsteps and they stopped directly behind her and she sucked in a nervous breath and lifted a trembling hand to the tea cup next to the pot, her heart was racing that she feared it would rip from her breast. “Would you like some tea?” She asked slightly high pitched.
 
Roy smiled so very light as he glanced at her profile, her lovely pale face heating to a rosy pink. He still loved it when she blushed. “No.” He moved closer to her so that his chest was pressed up against her back and saw her squeeze the tea cup tightly and her breasts rising quicker beneath her blouse, indicating her nervousness. Roy placed his hand over hers on the tea cup and squeezed. He lowered his face in between her neck and shoulder, inhaling her heavenly scent of honeysuckle. He had missed her scent. He had missed the feel of her pressed so tightly against him that they could very easily become one being entirely. Roy wrapped both arms around her middle pulling her back into him. “You smell good.” He said softly into her ear and she pulled in a sharp breath.
 
Edward felt like throwing up and he closed his eyes tightly, he didn't want to see this…he couldn't face it. Not now, it was to disgusting, completely horrifying.
 
Alphonse felt his cheeks heat as he watched with some amount of fascination. He swallowed hard. “This isn't too bad, Brother. He's only hugging her.”
 
“That's bad enough, Al!”
 
This felt way too nice, like she was meant to be here with him. The way he held her was so tender and made her heart swell with longing. Without realizing what she had done, she leaned back into him wanting to lose herself within this sweet warmth. It felt so good to be here in his arms again that it almost brought tears to her eyes that she had to leave him and that she had to get him to stop this. It was just pure torture! Winry inwardly groaned. She couldn't get caught up in him again. She had missed everything about him. It was so hard to do this but she tried to step away, only he tightened his hold about her not letting her move from him.
 
“Where are you going?” Roy asked her, his hand was on her cheek now and he turned her face towards him. He noticed that she was simply staring, her eyes held more than just heat and excitement at his simple hold. He pressed his nose against hers, “I have missed being this close to you.” His lips feathering hers and he heard her soft noise. “Haven't you missed this as well?” He asked, kissing her so lightly again and not waiting for her answer sealed his mouth firmly over hers and she whimpered at the pure hot contact and Winry's eyes slipped closed.
 
Winry had turned around in his arms not breaking the contact of his mouth on hers, she shifted against him while one of his hands moved down her back, pressing just above her rear end and pressing her even closer as his other hand gripped the back of her head. She gasped at the immense sensations erupting in her from his hands as they now moved about her body, his fingers so skilled, stroking up and down heating paths where he touched, and his mouth playing hard against hers, making her respond to the strokes of his tongue hard and tantalizing against hers. Oh she was in pure heaven.
 
“Whoa…that's heavy.” Alphonse commented, his eyes widened and riveted on the seemingly erotic display going on in front of him.
 
Edward gasped and slapped his hand over Alphonse's eyes.
 
“Hey! What did you do that for?” Alphonse cried out.
 
“Stop watching that! It's not appropriate for you. You're only fourteen!”
 
“So what, Brother! If you can see it, so can I!”
 
Edward growled, “Stop being so difficult just do what I say!”
 
"No!" Alphonse yelled.
 
Hughes was just laughing at least the mood seemed to have lightened some. He turned a curious expression to Roy and Winry, watching out of the corner of his eye. It was a little intriguing. He'd never really seen his friend in action before.
 
Winry didn't know when she moved but she had somehow been pushed against the wall next to the long chest with Roy's body up against hers, sliding hotly against hers and she groaned as he took her bottom lip between his teeth and she squealed in the erotic sensations as he nibbled and soothed away the slight pain that shot through her nerves, that was the most amazing feeling she had ever encountered. Her head leaned back against the wall as his mouth found purchase on her neck, suckling hard at the tender flesh there, leaving his mark. Winry felt his hands beneath her skirt on her backside, squeezing and caressing with sure fingers. When had those hands of his gone beneath the material?
 
Roy was breathing hard, and he nudged himself up against her, so that she could feel just what she was doing to him and that he was enjoying her attentions and she gasped. His hands were on her face and he stared into her sapphire eyes that were darkened to a luscious midnight blue in heat and rapture. He wanted to feel her, to taste her, to lose himself in everything that she was. It had felt like forever since he had the joy of her. He was about to kiss her again when she pushed against his chest and he gave her a confused look.
 
Edward's face heated so bright and he felt increasingly uncomfortable. It was like watching a train wreck, as much as he wanted to look away…he just couldn't. His mouth had ran dry at what was happening right before his eyes. Winry wrapped so tight around…gah! It was sick, disgusting! And it felt as if his pants were shrinking and he thinned his lips tightly. `No, stop it, stop reacting.' He cursed himself.
 
“Stop… I can't, I can't” She pushed at him but he did not back away, Winry dropped her gaze from him and stared at the floor, trying to will her heart to stop beating against her breast. She swallowed a difficult breath of air.
 
“Why not?” He ran the back of his knuckles tenderly over her cheek. “I know you want to, I can feel it, taste it.” He deliberately licked at her lips with his tongue and tracing a path up her cheek. “Why deny yourself what you want?” He purred in her ear.
 
“Because she's finally come to her senses and realizes that she can't possibly let you take advantage of her. That's why.” Edward knew Winry wouldn't have let herself get swayed by Mustang's smooth tongue. He felt sick, he had to watch the man practically mauling here in this house! He also couldn't seem to reduce the blush that had spread across his cheeks at the way Winry looked and those sounds she was making it was enough to make Edward shift from side to side trying to get himself to calm down. He heard Hughes laughing. “What?” He said tight and frustrated.
 
“You're only human, Edward.” Maes said not really looking at him. “If you `react' to that, no one will think badly of you.”
 
Edward folded his hands over himself and turned away. “I'm not…” He lied, “everything is perfectly normal.” He groaned and stared down at himself. “God damn traitorous body, don't react to that!” he whispered harshly to himself.
 
“Do you know how difficult it is for me to say no to you?” Winry panted, still not lifting her eyes to his. She couldn't look at him, she would be lost.
 
“Then don't.” Roy tried to look her in the eye, to see her reactions and expressions.
 
Winry shook her head, “I can't do this. For one thing we aren't supposed to be like this anymore, and another thing, this isn't my house. It would be rude.” She tried to turn away and found that she really couldn't. She just leaned rested her backside up against the end of the table, that she clutched it with her hands down at her sides.
 
His hands were on her face, and she looked up at him. “I never stopped wanting to be like this with you, Winry. I missed touching you, kissing you, making you feel everything and more.” Roy said tenderly, his eyes were holding hers intensely that he was sure she could feel down to the very tips of her toes. “I missed hearing your laughter and feeling you beside me late in the night when all is quiet. So when there is a chance for me to see you, I want to be with you in all ways possible before you leave me again with nothing but memories of how you smell and how you feel.” He kneeled down before her not breaking their eye contact. “Do you want me to throw myself at your feet? I will do all that you ask. Just don't deny me the joy of you; I need to be with you.”
 
All Winry could do was stare in awe at him. What could she possibly say to that?
 
======
Poor Ed, heh, heh. So what did you all think? There's more to come with Edward and his uncomfortable tension. So I hope to see you all back here next Episode/chapter
 
Thanks for reading
Ryoko Blue