Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Episode1: Truly,Madly,Deeply ❯ Opposite ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XVI. OPPOSITE / FOOTSTEPS
 
In which the devious Ni Jenyi begins his twisted experiments on the royal siblings. Goku reminisces about his first winter with Sanzo, Gojyo and Hakkai.
 
 
A.
 
Kou writhes in the fluid-filled chamber in the castle's underground laboratories.
 
I won't destroy you… You're my baby rabbit…” Ni Jenyi purrs, stroking Bunny's ears softly.
 
“This is your latest scheme, huh? Brainwashing?” the lady doctor-scientist-assistant-pointless extra asks.
 
“Hmm…” Ni Jenyi arches his meticulously plucked eyebrows. “Actually, I'm thinking of turning our Brat Prince into Bugs Bunny…”
 
Kou's dazed eyes pop.
 
“…or maybe Porky Pig…”
 
Kou howls.
 
 
B.
 
Doku broods.
 
Yaone shows up. “Where's Kougaiji-sama?”
 
Doku hangs his head. “I… I gave him over to Ni Jenyi…
 
Yaone's eyes goggle. “You-did-WHAT?”
 
I had no choice!” Doku scowls. “It's the only way to guarantee…”
 
“Nani?!”
 
“He promised to erase Genjo Sanzo from Kou's brain…”
 
“Sou ka… And what about you and all the pretty castle maids?”
 
“That's where you come in.”
 
“Nanda to?! Don't you know me and Hakkai-san—“
 
“Silly! As I was saying, I want you to start a rumor…”
 
“They already *know* you're bi. They don't care,” Yaone scoffs.
 
“They'll care if you tell them I have … er… the *kissing* disease…” Doku winks meaningfully.
 
Yaone nods her head, impressed.
 
 
C.
 
Brrr!!! It's cold!!!” Gojyo shivers, glaring accusingly at Hakkai.
 
This must be an old map…” Hakkai scratches his head.
 
Are you all right, Sanzo?” Goku asks worriedly.
 
Aa.” Sanzo leans his head back, peering at Gojyo upside-down. “I'd be even better if somebody warmed me up…”
 
“Your wish is my command, buttercup…” Gojyo purrs. He reaches over and wraps both arms around Sanzo, nuzzling Sanzo's jaw. “Better?” he growls.
 
“Mmm,” Sanzo rumbles.
 
Well, to celebrate Sanzo's recovery, what say we treat ourselves to sukiyaki?” Hakkai smiles.
 
“Nah… I have a better idea! Let's treat ourselves to Cowboy Bebop instead! Yes!” Goku puts in eagerly.
 
Hakkai's forehead wrinkles. “Eh?”
 
Gojyo abandons Sanzo for a moment to bop Goku over the head. “*Sukiyaki* he said! *Not* Saiyuki!”
 
“Ohhh….” Goku grows silent, absorbing it in. Then he bounces excitedly. “Okay! Okay! Let's invite Kougaiji too! Make him feel better!”
 
What a happy fellow, worrying about the enemy…” Sanzo rolls his eyes.
 
Demo—
 
“Kougaiji is not welcome!” Hakkai huffs. “My hands still sting…”
 
Nevermind, Goku,” Gojyo drawls. “He won't die that easily. He's tough, like a cockroach.
 
Must be true,” Hakkai grins. “Spoken by the fellow creature.
 
Oi!
 
Yeah, yeah, I think so too!” Goku crows.
 
OI!” Gojyo pouts. “Angel, they're picking on me…”
 
“Nevermind, cupcake,” Sanzo croons. “You're *my* cockroach, and I love you just the way you are.” He turns awkwardly and kisses the kappa's “antennae”.
 
“Sanzo!”
 
“Gojyo!”
 
“Sanzo…”
 
“Gojyo…”
 
“I liked it better when they were fighting…” Goku grumps.
 
“Ano… at least *two* of the ikkou are keeping warm,” murmurs Hakkai.
 
“*Steamy* is more like it…” Gojyo mumbles against Sanzo's lips.
 
“You'll get a stiff neck, Sanzo,” Goku warns.
 
“Mind your own business…”
 
 
D.
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
Oi! Is this how you behave in someone's home? I TOLD you not to mess up my room!” Gojyo growls, tussling with Goku.
 
“Hehehe… You seem to have a lot of Sanzo posters and pictures and magazines under your bed…”
 
“Urusei! Bakazaru!” Gojyo flushes. “Oi Sanzo! How did you train this monkey anyway!?!
 
Over at the table by the window, Sanzo smiles secretly to himself, pleased at Goku's unwitting revelation. “I didn't train him,” Sanzo answers coolly. “It's just his nature.
 
Gojyo and Goku scuffle.
 
“Gojyo and Sanzo, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Goku ribs.
 
“Damare! You're cramping my style…”
 
Hakkai narrows his eyes thoughtfully. So his suspicions about his best friend are true, then… He turns to Sanzo. “How about having dinner with us?” he asks lightly.
 
Sanzo ponders, but decides to play hard to get. “Nah… Thanks, I just dropped by
 
Gojyo pouts in disappointment. Goku crows, “The kappa and the priest! The kappa and the priest!”
 
Hakkai shrugs. “Let me know when you're free, then… I just bought a big sukiyaki pot.
 
Goku stops teasing and drools. “Suki… yaki?”
 
You've never tasted it before?” Gojyo pounces on the distraction. “It's when you cook beef and tofu and green onions and shiitake mushrooms together…
 
“Yum yum…” Goku is in cloud nine.
 
Okay! Then you can try it sometime.” Gojyo pats the monkey's head.
 
Well, it's the season for hotpot…” Hakkai continues to hint on his friend's behalf.
 
Aa… It's going to be a cold winter,” Sanzo muses, posing attractively against the window.
 
“I know how to warm you up…” Gojyo murmurs softly to himself.
 
 
E.
 
*PRESENT TIME*
 
In the jeep. Snow starts to fall.
 
Whoo, no wonder it's freezing!” Gojyo chatters.
 
Goku cowers in his corner. “Me's scared…”
 
Gojyo yelps. “Oh no! We'll *freeze* if we sleep outside! Hayaku, Hakuryu!”
 
Kyu!
 
“Mmm?” Sanzo turns. “I thought you'd warm me up, pumpkin pie?”
 
Gojyo grins. “It's a lot more fun *warming* you up in a nice big bed than on the cold hard ground…”
 
 
F.
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
Gojyo and Hakkai visit the monastery, with Gojyo bearing sake.
 
That was quick…” Sanzo raises an eyebrow.
 
Don't say that!” Gojyo scowls.
 
“Er… right! It took Gojyo a *long* time to find that brand…” Hakkai does his best to support Gojyo. “He's come a-wooing, you know…”
 
'Ch. The Sanbutsushin give us so much grief…” Sanzo changes the subject, his porcelain cheeks pink.
 
It's *you* who give us so much trouble!” Gojyo stares intensely. “Quit playing hard to get will you…” he mutters to himself.
 
“Nani?” Sanzo asks. “I didn't catch what you said…”
 
“Nan de mo nai!” Gojyo denies, his cheeks red. “Eh, I said…” he stalls. “We came all this way in the snow. How about some hot tea?” Gojyo smiles brilliantly. “Or better yet a *kiss*…” he groans, unable to help himself.
 
Sanzo's purple eyes widen. “You move too fast, erogappa,” he drawls. “There's a vending machine outside,” he smirks.
 
Gojyo pouts, but his eyes widen as the purple eyes glitter brilliantly with promise.
 
“Whew, it's getting *HOT* in here…” murmurs Hakkai. “Where's Goku, anyway? Is he outside?” he smiles widely, embarrassed by the electricity crackling in the air.
 
He's up in his room,” Sanzo murmurs, violet eyes still boring hotly into helpless crimson orbs.
 
Hakkai jumps. “Er… I think I'll just go see why he's not playing in the snow. Hehehe…” Hakkai rushes off.
 
A few minutes later…
 
Gojyo throws open the door to Goku's room. Hakkai looks up, startled. “Er… Strike out?” he asks, eyebrows raised.
 
Gojyo scowls. “Not in this holy place, he said… the goddamn tease…”
 
Goku frowns. “Oi! Ask me why I'm not playing in the snow, dammit!”
 
“Yeah, yeah…”
 
 
G.
 
*STILL FLASHBACK*
 
Gojyo and Hakkai stand outside the monastery.
 
“Yare yare, Gojyo,” Hakkai sighs. “We've been coming here for three weeks now… Why don't you give it up? I hear Candy is looking for you…”
 
I can't help it…” Gojyo scowls. “Dammit, that gorgeous, icy creature has totally spoiled me for anyone else… Why'd you ever get arrested by him anyway! This is all your fault… Our paths would never have crossed if not for you!” Gojyo glares.
 
“Don't you dare blame your hopeless infatuation on me!” Hakkai glares back.
 
“Obsession is more like it…”
 
“Whatever…”
 
Gojyo shrugs and cups his hand to his mouth. “Your attention, please…. The bakazaru living in Chang An, and a corrupt monk… The cool Sha Gojyo with long legs is calling for you….” Gojyo waits. “Sha Gojyo *wants* you…” he murmurs. “Sha Gojyo is *dying* for you…” he groans.
 
The window flies open. “I don't know such a guy…” Sanzo drawls coolly. Goku crowds beside him. “Is he serenading you again? The fool has persistence, I'll give him that…”
 
Goku leans out the window. “Whaddya want, Gojyo?
 
Sukiyaki. Ikuzo.” Gojyo gives Goku a thumbs-up. “The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.” He gives Hakkai a grin. “Or through his monkey's stomach…”
 
“You're desperate, Gojyo.” Hakkai shakes his head.
 
“I am,” Gojyo nods. “If that bottomless pit comes, then his master will have to come too…”
 
No! No! I can't… Some other time!” Goku cowers beneath the window. “Don't entice me with food, darn it!
 
Gojyo does his best GQ pose, claret eyes gazing hotly at the priest.
 
Sanzo bites his lip. “Huh.” Then he jumps.
 
“Are!?” Goku starts in surprise.
 
Come out on your own this time,” Sanzo calls back. “Or not… do what you like… I *WANT* this sexy beast…” he growls. Gojyo opens his arms, sighing with rapture as Sanzo finally goes into his eager embrace.
 
“Well, whaddya know…” Hakkai murmurs.
 
Oi Goku! Hayaku! It's cold!” Sanzo complains. ***
 
Gojyo turns and calls to Goku. “Come with us, bakazaru…
 
Bakazaru! Don't call me that, erogappa!” Goku jumps, and flails in the snow. His eyes widen in wonder and delight. “I'm… I'm free!” he laughs.
 
Goku grasps fistfuls of snow. He makes snowballs and pelts Hakkai. Hakkai yelps. “*They* need cooling off, not me!” Hakkai points to Sanzo and Gojyo, kissing feverishly. Steam wafts up as the snow beneath them melts. Sanzo is wrapped inside Gojyo's jacket, ala Mark Darcy and Bridget Jones.
 
“Mmm…” Gojyo groans. “Wait a minute… holy men don't *kiss* like that…”
 
“Oh yes they fucking do,” Sanzo growls, reaching up to bring Gojyo's head down once more. The kappa moans, and melts.
 
Goku is on his back in the snow, waving his arms and legs. “Lookee! Lookee! I'm making snow angels!” he crows.
 
Hakkai shakes his head. “I'll go warm up the sukiyaki pot, then…” he mutters, leaving the three lunatics to follow. “I ought to get myself someone *sane* to talk to…” Hakkai trudges through the snow. “Like a magic dragon that transforms into a jeep… Hai… I'll definitely have to see about that…”
 
***A/N: If you're observant, you'll notice that when Sanzo jumps from the window, he's still wearing his costume from Gensomaden - as in black socks, slippers, and *who* *knows* *what* under those robes… He has nice silky calves, though… Hehehe… *growl*