Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Episode1: Truly,Madly,Deeply ❯ Farewell ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XIX. FAREWELL / GOD
 
In which Gojyo shoots the gourd, releasing Hakkai and Goku. Kinkaku pleads for Ginkaku's life, and once more Gojyo is reminded of another needy, love-starved little boy. Hakkai and Goku arrive and inform Kinkaku that the monster is not his brother. Kinkaku screams in despair. A red prayer bead flies out of nowhere, striking the kid and wounding him fatally. Kami-sama reveals himself. Sanzo refuses to “waste any more time”. Gojyo leaves quietly.
 
A.
 
I am Ginkaku. It was my twin brother who attacked you. This is the inside of the gourd,” Ginkaku informs Hakkai and Goku.
 
So that means our bodies are alive, but our spirits are trapped in this dimension, right?” Hakkai calculates.
 
Goku assesses the kid youkai with thoughtful eyes. “A magical item that sucks out tamashi,” he mutters to himself. “Gold/silver hair and blue/purple eyes…” He walks over and bends down to Ginkaku's eye level. “You wouldn't happen to be related to a certain Hazel, would you?”
 
Across the continent, Hazel bites his tongue. “Shit!” he mumbles, his eyes smarting.
 
“Hazel?” Gato inquires.
 
“Never mind. Carry on.” Hazel waves a dainty, dismissive hand. Gato shrugs, and resumes buffing the bishop's toenails.
 
 
B.
 
Gojyo moans, eyes gazing hotly at Sanzo. “*Bondage*… That's what I'm talking about…”
 
Sanzo twitches, helplessly tied up by the gourd's tentacles. “Quit fantasizing, baka! The kid is serious!” he glares.
 
“Hai…” Gojyo turns drunkenly and frowns at Kinkaku. “Bad boy!” he scolds. “You're going to need a lot of discipline if we're going to adopt you,” he clucks.
 
Kinkaku stares back impassive.
 
“Grrr…” Sanzo twists futilely. Then he sags. “Gojyo…” he gasps weakly.
 
Gojyo snaps out of it. “What do you want?!” he asks Kinkaku sternly. “Stop it now or you'll get hurt badly…” Gojyo tries to take the gourd, but Kinkaku tightens the bonds. Sanzo grows a whiter shade of pale.
 
See? The bad man will die.
 
Gojyo pales as well. “Sanzo!” He turns deadly eyes on Kinkaku. “I was too nice to you because you're a kid. Don't be so cheeky!
 
He throws Kinkaku over his knee and whips him. “Is that any way to treat your daddies? You are *so* grounded…” Gojyo pauses and looks over his shoulder. “Toss me the harisen, will you, sweetie pie? I'll teach this kid a lesson…”
 
“BAKA EROGAPPA!!!”
 
 
C.
Ginkaku shares his story with Goku and Hakkai.
 
… And when we couldn't go any further, this man came and saved us. It was Kami-sama. We knew it at once.
 
Kami-sama?” Hakkai and Goku chorus doubtfully.
 
Yes. He had dazzling golden hair and beautiful white robes…
 
Hakkai raises his eyebrows. “Sounds like a certain *devil* we know…”
 
“Heh. Maybe to Gojyo Sanzo is a god, but to these kids?” Goku scorns. He addresses Ginkaku. “You sure it wasn't a high-voiced, white-faced man with a bad nose job?”
 
Ginkaku ignores him. “He took us to his castle, and gave us everything we wanted, and took care of us.
 
“Yup.” Goku nods confidently. “Neverneverland.”
 
Hakkai protests. “That's not funny, Goku. He was acquitted, you know.”
 
“What?” Goku says innocently. “Personally, I have nothing against him. I think he's a great artist. I have all of his albums, you know.”
 
“Yeah… But that baby-dangling thing in Germany *was* kinda creepy,” Hakkai muses.
 
“I thought you were defending him, Hakkai?”
 
“Hmm. Let's just say that my mind is divided on the subject.”
 
Goku snorts. “He's a big kid. That's all. Case closed.”
 
“Like you, I suppose?”
 
“What the heck is that supposed to mean!?!”
 
“Don't get me wrong! I'm just saying you're - what? 518 years old? And you're still an innocent child at heart.”
 
“What-*ever*.”
 
“WHO. Are you. Talking about?” Ginkaku demands.
 
 
D.
 
Please save my brother!” Ginkaku begs. “Kami-sama has brainwashed him…
 
“Just like a certain Brat Prince, huh?” Goku ponders. “So he sacrifices people? What a weirdo! I can't believe you guys could be so gullible.
 
Now, Goku,” Hakkai reprimands. “Everyone has something they believe in. Some absolute being.” Hakkai looks at Goku meaningfully. “Don't you have such a person, Goku?
 
Goku scratches his head. “Er…” PING! An exclamation mark pops over his head. “Yeah! Spike Spiegel!”
 
Hakkai wrinkles his forehead. “Eh?”
 
“From Cowboy Bebop! That guy is *SO* cool… He's my idol, you know.” Goku grins goofily.
 
“I meant your *sun*, silly!”
 
“Who?” Goku asks, still starry-eyed. He proceeds to wave his arms furiously, kung-fu style. “HA-wooooo….”
 
“Sanzo!” Hakkai yells in frustration.
 
“Sanzo - who?” Goku executes a brilliant side-kick.
 
“I give up!” Hakkai declares, sulking.
 
“Just kidding, Hakkai,” Goku grins.
 
“I want Hakuryu!” Hakkai pouts.
 
“Er… Kinkaku? What about Kinkaku?” Ginkaku tugs at Hakkai's sleeve.
 
E.
 
If you die, Ginkaku will turn back to who he was!” Kinkaku declares desperately.
 
Stop talking nonsense, darn kid!” Sanzo barks. “You're as delirious as that kappa over there…”
 
URUSEI!” Kinkaku yells. The tentacles tighten unbearably around Sanzo.
 
Sanzo!!!” Gojyo rushes to the monk.
 
SPLAT!
 
Gojyo gets pinned *under* Sanzo. They are both slammed hard against the tree.
 
“Dammit, angel… You know I prefer to be on top…” Gojyo sputters weakly.
 
Baka! We don't have time for your dirty jokes!” Sanzo hisses. “Take my gun! Hayaku!
 
Gojyo's eyes light up. “Hehehe…” He snakes a hand around and reaches inside Sanzo's robes.
 
Sanzo turns a bright shade of purple, his violet eyes sparking dangerously. “My. *Other*. Gun. Baka. ERO. Kappa,” he bites out.
 
Gojyo snickers, and steals a quick nip on the monk's nape. “Oops! Sumimasen…”
 
“I'll get you for that,” Sanzo snarls.
 
“You *promise*?” Gojyo purrs, bumping his hip lightly against Sanzo.
 
Sanzo frowns. “No, I won't, after all. We're broken up.”
 
“Oi!” Gojyo pouts.
 
 
F.
 
If we play it right, we might get Hakkai an—“
 
PING!
 
The gourd shatters. Kinkaku stares in disbelief.
 
“Trigger-happy sonuvademon…” Sanzo mutters.
 
“I can't help it…” Gojyo moans. “I was distracted by the dazzling creature on top of me…” Gojyo presses hungry kisses on Sanzo's neck. “I *DEMAND* we do more of this, snookums… So *this* is how it feels to be the one beneath…”
 
Sanzo hangs his head. “Are you hearing-impaired, kappa? How many times must I *tell* you—“
 
Kinkaku shakes his head in denial. “Kami-sama will *bake* me and gobble me up for tea!” he wails.
 
Inside the gourd…
 
I've got a bad feeling…” Goku sweatdrops.
 
“Constipation?” Hakkai inquires.
 
“I've got a bad feeling,” Goku repeats, glaring hard at Hakkai.
 
“Er… Gas, then?” Hakkai smiles widely.
 
“I've got a *BAD* feeling,” Goku stresses, scowling.
 
“Ah… I get it! Tapeworms!” Hakkai declares happily.
 
“Grrr… I quit!” Goku yells, lower lip jutting out.
 
“Gomen, gomen, Goku.” Hakkai wipes tears of mirth from his eyes. “You have a bad feeling about Sanzo and Gojyo again, right?”
 
“Huh!” Goku sniffs, folding his arms and turning his head away.
 
“Aw c'mon, that was payback time for earlier…”
 
“It's more fun fighting with Gojyo,” Goku declares sulkily.
 
“Yeah… I admit, it's quite a departure for me as well, all these jokes…” Hakkai shakes his head. “It's totally OOC.”
 
“Don't give up your day job…” Goku mutters.
 
“As if I could,” Hakkai sighs. “Alright, let's go pick up the bad kids.
 
 
G.
 
Damn kappa! What did you come along for anyway! Die!” Sanzo hisses.
 
Urusei! They might be perfectly okay…” Gojyo worries, wincing sheepishly.
 
Sanzo snatches his gun back roughly. “Give it back! I don't want a fool's germs on my gun…
 
“As I recall, you've had a hell of a *lot* more than my germs on your - uhrm-- *gun*…” Gojyo grins wickedly.
 
“'Ch.” Sanzo blushes fiercely. “Baka…”
 
Gojyo walks over to Kinkaku. He explains matters to the kid. “…But I don't hate them. You'll understand someday, so…
 
Kinkaku wrinkles his forehead. “But the pretty man said you're broken up. So you can't adopt me anymore.”
 
Sanzo nods approvingly and gives Gojyo a grim smile.
 
Gojyo leans close and whispers confidentially to Kinkaku. “That's what *he* thinks…”
 
“OI!”
 
 
H.
 
Hakkai and Goku show up in Hakuryu.
 
“See, buttercup?” Gojyo gives Sanzo a fleshy thumbs-up. “It worked out all right…
 
Sanzo sweatdrops. “No need to gloat over it, baka…
 
“I'm not going to say I told you so…”
 
“So don't say it, dammit!”
 
“When Sha Gojyo takes a gamble, it's best to believe in him…”
 
“Grrr…”
 
I.
 
Gojyo cradles Kinkaku in his arms. “Doushi… te…? Kami…sama…” Kinkaku whispers brokenly.
 
Kami-sama gathers shape in the trees. Goku goggles. Hakkai's jaw drops. He walks over to Kami-sama. “You're right, Goku,” Hakkai breathes, circling around the haughty creature. “This is one *heck* of a nose job, and how!”
 
“It's a full-blown overhaul, if you ask me,” Goku mutters. “Just like Hollywood… Except—“ Goku pokes a finger at Kami-sama's right eye. “Your plastic surgeon must've sneezed at this point, eh?”
 
Kami-sama swats Goku off disdainfully, nose wrinkling in distaste.
 
TWITCH.
 
“Copycat!!!” Sanzo screeches, and whips out the gun. “NO ONE is prettier than ME!!!”
 
“Imitation is the best form of flattery, silly,” Kami-sama giggles.
 
Damn you…” Goku scowls, summoning Nyoibou.
 
Step aside, Goku,” Gojyo orders quietly.
 
Demo—
 
“Don't argue. I can't see… I want to see who's *really* the prettiest…”
 
Sanzo narrows his eyes. “We are SOOOOO *OVER*…” he growls.
 
“Hehehe… Just kidding, angel…”
 
 
J.
 
Inn. Goku and Gojyo scuffle over the pizza.
 
I was working hard while you were sleeping! Have some respect for me, dammit!
 
Well, *I* had rigor mortis! The suffering I went through makes me hungry!
 
That doesn't make sense, baka!
 
Twitch.
 
URUSEI! Finish eating quietly! I want to go to bed!
 
“So do I… “ the kappa purrs.
 
THWAK! THWAK! THWAK!
 
“Bottomless pit! And YOU, I've told you a MILLION times, we are *KAPUT*! Wakaru?!?!”
 
Things settle down. Hakkai observes Gojyo closely. They discuss kami-sama. Sanzo firmly lays down the law.
 
“We follow the yellow brick road. That's FINAL.”
 
Ja! We eat and sleep! Ikuzo, Goku!” Gojyo walks off.
 
Why do I have to room with you?!” Goku scowls.
 
“Coz my baby is still fooling himself into thinking our love affair is over,” Gojyo hisses in Goku's ear. “As IF…” he mutters to himself. “Just play along! I'll give you all of my winnings the next time we play mahjong,” he bribes.
 
Next morning…
 
The kappa is gone. He leaves a note on the bed.
 
“I am *heartbroken* over those kids. I have something I need to do. I'll catch up with you… or not.
 
“Hakkai: Make sure the monkey doesn't poke around in my stuff. Tell Hakuryu I'm sorry about all the cigarette ash burns, too. You're my best friend. Take care of my Sanzo.
 
“Goku: My word is my bond. If I get back, you'll be a rich, lucky sonuvademon. Son of the Earth. Son Goku? Whatever. Take care of Hakkai okay. Don't give him too many migraines. Make sure he takes his ulcer meds.
 
“And, to the most beautiful man who ever walked the face of the earth, or Tenkai: If this is the end, baby, remember: Sha Gojyo has loved only one person in his entire life. Guess *who*? I belong to you, no matter what you say. You're my angel, forever. xxxOOOxxx
 
“Take care, you guys. Love and other indoor sports, S Gj.”