Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The war of Megazords VS Gundams! ❯ Trapped in the Desert ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

PHASE TEN
 
 
“Archangel! …Archangel, come in!” cried Kira's voice over the radio.
 
The Archangel was in a complete wreck.
 
Breaches in all sectors big enough for a baby to squeeze through. Many of the weapons were damaged.
 
Easily the worst part was the inside. Computers shorting all over the place. Burning wires dangling from holes in the ceiling.
 
Thick black smoke escaped everywhere, which was not a good sign.
 
“Archangel… Someone answer… PLEASE!!” cried Kira.
 
The crew shook awake.
 
Murrue shakily got herself upright, rubbing a sore spot on her head, and picked up the receiver.
 
“This is Admiral. Ramius.” She said weakly. “We all are still in one piece, but the ship looks in bad shape.”
 
“Quick!” cried Kira, “You have to wake everyone up and abandon Ship… FAST! It's going to self-destruct at any minute!”
 
Murrue didn't have to say the words, the whole crew could see that the ship was ready to blow.
 
All hands everywhere ran got off the ship and ran for safety, some even gave those injured a little lift.
 
They had managed to get 100 yards away as the Archangel flared up in a huge ball of fire which shook the Earth around them.
 
When they all woke up, the once proud Warship. Archangel was indeed gone but good, but the crew was still all together.
 
Med-teams from the Eternal had rushed into action to help those injured badly.
 
Murrue had nothing more than a small bump on her head, and the rest only had a few grazes.
 
Suddenly… Chief Mechanic. Murdock called for help, and people saw who he was carrying.
 
“Mwu!” cried Murrue. “Is he alright?”
 
A soft coughing from Mwu's throat answered that, “With you here, everything's alright to me.” He said.
 
Murrue rubbed the tears from her eyes and shared a small hug with her husband.
 
Kira and gang rushed over to the others. Mir, Sai, and Kazui were alright… thank goodness.
 
Still… even though they all made out in one piece, what were they to do now?
 
The Archangel had been completely wiped out, and the Eternal was in bad shape too, but at least it was still holding.
 
They were stranded in the desert, with not a soul with in miles. Not that much food, Not that much water, No emergency supplies.
 
Andrew Waltfeld and the other commanding officers had meeting away from the rest of the crew.
 
“We're in the worst shape I've ever seen, and I have seen a lot.” He said. “The question is, what do we do about it?”
 
“The flare guns are completely wiped out.” Said Mwu, “and even if we could get them working, we're still about 300 miles in the middle of nowhere!”
 
“Which is only half of our problems.” Added Murrue. “The Archangel is gone, and the Eternal is damaged and will take time to repair, and time is not on our hands.”
 
Murdock nodded in agreement, “Even if I worked on that junk heap non-stop to even answer nature, it would still take about a week just to even assess the damage!”
 
“The best that I can do now is try to at least get the weapons online, and treat them as flares.”
 
“And the JUSTICE and FREEDOM?” asked Murrue.
 
Murdock shook his head in shame!
 
 
Meanwhile
 
 
Athurun, and Cagali were sitting on a sandy slope. Cagali wiped her brow, “Whew… it sure is hot.” She said.
 
She then took off her red woolly shirt and wrapped round her head like a small veil to keep the sun off her.
 
She offered Athurun to come under and share, but he was deep in his own thoughts.
 
“You're thinking about, Dearka?” she asked.
 
Athurun turned to her, “Is it that obvious?” he asked.
 
Cagali leaned over and rested her head on his shoulder, “I'm upset he's gone too.” She said, “If I could bring him back, I would, but all I can do is help you fight.”
 
Athurun smiled down at her, “You know… you really do amaze me at how willingly you put life at stake.” He said, “And I hope you never change.”
 
She blushed, and then smiled as she and Athurun shared a slow kiss.
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Lacus had taken off part of her blouse, and had Kira's jacket also wrapped around her head.
 
Kira was now merely now letting Birdy fan her with his wings. It wasn't much. But it was good enough for Lacus.
 
“Please Kira, come and join me.” She pleaded.
 
“Haro... Haro… It's hot!” chirped Mr. Pink
 
Kira shook his head, “I'm already hot and sweaty from the battle anyways.” He said.
 
Then his eyes trailed off. Like Athurun, he too was upset that Dearka was shot down, and I was carrying out my threat as told.
 
Kira thrust his sweaty hand into hot burning sand not caring of the burning.
 
“Kira?” said Lacus. She moved closer to him, and could make out the tears in his eyes.
 
Though they were both coordinators, Kira took losing someone in battle a lot worse.
 
“He only wanted to protect us.” Said Kira, “So he gave himself up to ensure it.”
 
“Kira.” Said Lacus sounding a little sad herself.
 
Suddenly the sad look in Kira's eyes had commingled with Anger. “I'll get Mykan for this!” he said under his breath. “If it's the last thing I do… I'll get him!!”
 
Lacus put a comforting arm on his shoulder, “Yes… I agree that Mykan must be stopped.” She said, “But Kira… you know that defeating him will not undo what has been done.”
 
Kira knew she was right, but still it didn't change his mood. Especially when he took Lacus into his arms.
 
“I won't let him hurt you, Lacus.” He said. “I love you… and I want us to quickly end this war so we can pick up where we left off.”
 
“If you go… I go!”
 
The sun did dry them up fast, but Lacus did have tears to shed. “Kira… I feel the same.” She cried.
 
“If anything happened to you out there… I'd… I'd…” she broke down, buried her face on Kira's bear chest and let out all her emotion.
 
Her tears actually cooled him off, but Kira didn't want to take any advantages, and pulled her closer.