Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Destiny ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Finding Destiny

Chapter 1

 

(Original POV)

"I know Dad, I miss you too," Estelle Zala replied laughing.

"Well just picture this then. Less than 5 hours from now, I'll be home eating dinner with you and your mother." Athrun Zala responded back to his seven year old daughter.

"Can't wait. I think I should go though. Mom is starting to tap her foot at me." Estella said, looking up at her inpatient mother.

"Alright then. See you soon. Love you."

"Love you too Dad."

Handing the phone to Cagalli Zala, Estelle stepped away and decided to watch the rest of the movie on the TV. Watching her go, Cagalli just shook her head. "I swear Athrun, she's becoming a lazy bum. All she does all day is watch TV or talk to one of her friends on the phone."

Chuckling lightly, Athrun responded back, "And that's a bad thing why?"

"Athrun," Cagalli said sternly, warning her husband.

"ALL PASSENGERS HEADING TOWARDS ORB, PLEASE ONBOARD NOW!" the intercom announced.

"Look Cagalli, I have to go and catch my shuttle. I deal with our daughter's lazy bum later." Athrun said.

"Athrun, how much longer is this going to take?" Cagalli asked.

"What?" Athrun asked surprised.

"This election. Was it really necessary for you to run for Chancellor?" Cagalli asked growing angry.

"Cagalli, we been through this." Athrun replied sounding tired of the conversation.

"I know that. But Athrun, you been away for so long. And usually, you tend to stay here for a day or two and head back to PLANT." Cagalli continued.

"Cagalli," Athrun started, "You know as much as I do, that I hate being away from you and Estelle. But it can't be help."

"So why can't we just move there then?"

"Because," Athrun stall.

"Is it because you just don't want us there? Is it because you are getting sick of seeing us?" Cagalli continued, getting upset.

"Cagalli, your over exaggerating again." Athrun pointed out.

"JUST FORGET IT THEN ATHRUN ZALA!" Cagalli yelled into the phone.

Pulling the phone away from his ear, he noticed people looking toward his direction when Cagalli yelled. "Calm down Cagalli."

"GOODBYE ATHRUN!" Cagalli screamed, slamming the phone done.

"Love you too," Athrun replied to the dialing tone. Closing his cell phone, he quickly walked toward the shuttle entrance. Sitting down on his assigned seat, Athrun started to think about their argument. After all, it has been the same argument for the past 5 months. He can agree with her that the election has taken him away from his family. But he couldn't risk bringing them up to PLANT for no reason if he doesn't win it. Signaling for a drink, Athrun laid back into his seat and relax.

It was going to be a long flight.

…………………… …………........................................... ................................................

(Lacus POV)

Dialing quickly, I waited for a familiar voice to answer.

"The Zala's residence," Estelle responded.

"Estelle, it's Aunty Lacus. Is you mother around?" I asked nervously.

"Sure Aunty," Estelle said. "MOM! AUNT LACUS IS ON THE PHONE!" she yelled seconds later.

"Couldn't she have gotten her father's vocals. Not her mothers," I mumbled quietly, wincing from the scream.

Seconds later Cagalli picked up. "What is it Lacus?"

"I need you to come with me," I said quickly, looking up at the clock.

"Now?" Cagalli asked slowly.

"Yeah. Please Cagalli, I need you to come." I replied quickly again.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"I'll tell you later. If you want, you can drop Estelle off here and I'll call a babysitter to watch her and Tarak."

"Okay then I'll see you in 10 minutes," Cagalli said.

"Thank you," I replied, hanging up.

……………………&hel lip;………............................................... ...................................

(Dearka's POV)

"Listen you two," our boss, Jonathan Thomas said, pointing at myself and my partner, Miriallia. "I haven't heard any new juicy gossip or seen any new breaking news in centuries."

"But sir," Miriallia started but was cut off.

"No buts Haww. I want you and Elthman to find something good. No more of the boring stuff that puts our audience asleep. I need action and drama. Do you two understand?"

Looking at Miriallia, we both nodded our heads and walked out of the office.

"Now what?" I asked, turning to face her.

Smiling at me she responded, "What else can we do. We need to find a story."

Smiling in return I said, "And where do you expect to find this hot story Miss. Haww? Do you think it's going to come falling down from the sky?"

Laughing, she responded, "It would be a start."

…………………… …………........................................... .......................................

(Cagalli's POV)

Knocking on the door, both Estelle and I waited.

"Where are you going again with Aunt Lacus again?" Estelle asked for the hundredth time.

"Just out sweetheart." I replied smiling down. Remembering I grab her off the couch and order her to get dress.

Finally seeing the door open, Lacus stepped out, coat on and ready to go. "Estelle, Tarak is in the family room watching TV I think. The babysitter is already here."

"All right then. See you later Mom." Estelle said, walking inside the house.

"No kiss?" I asked.

Turning around to face me, she winked. "You're only going to be gone for probably 3 hours."

Smiling I nodded and watch her walk away. "I got her off one couch and now she's heading back down towards another." I mumbled quietly.

Grabbing my hand, Lacus quickly dragged me into her car.

"So, now can you tell me where we are going?" I asked growing inpatient.

"To the downtown Clinic." Lacus finally answered.

"What?" I asked.

"I've been feeling weird lately." Lacus confessed.

"Like how?" I asked worriedly.

"I don't know how to explain it. I just been nauseas lately."

"Do you think your pregnant again?" I asked.

"I don't know. It doesn't feel the same when I was first pregnant with Tarak."

"Why don't you just head to your regular doctor Lacus. Why must we go to some clinic downtown? If Kira finds out your doing this," I started but stopped when I noticed her face drop. "You didn't tell Kira about this, did you?"

Shaking her head, I signed.

"Something is wrong with me Cagalli. I can feel it." Lacus responded after a moment of silence.

Looking up at her surprisingly, I tried to reassure her. "Lacus, you're a coordinator. It's barely impossible for you to get sick. Let alone get some form a cancer."

Smiling gently at me she replied, "I know. But that is why I wish to visit the clinic. I don't want anyone to know about this. So promise me you won't mention this to Kira or Athrun later on?" Lacus asked.

"Promised."

………………&h ellip;……………............................. .....................................................

About 10 minutes later, we reached downtown Orb. Stopping in front of the local Clinic, Lacus and I stepped out of the car.

Turning to face her I asked, "Are you sure about this?"

Smiling bravely at me, she responded, "Yeah,"

Before walking in, I noticed a man nearby the trash can. Dismissing the thought, I just ruled it as a homeless person on the streets.

Walking inside the clinic, the first thing I noticed was the smell. Then came the view of the people inside. Walking quickly to the desk, I noticed that Lacus just wanted to accomplish her task and get out of there as soon as quickly. I seconded that decision.

After being asked to be seated, we waited.

It was about 5 minutes later when I noticed Lacus look through her purse. Not finding for the object inside she got up. "I think I left my keys inside the car. I'll be right back. If they call me, get me."

Nodding my head, I watch her walk off. Feeling a chill, I rubbed my arms. I defiantly didn't want to wait her alone. About to follow, I heard the name Lacus Clyne be called.

Getting up, I responded, "Mrs. Clyne went to her car. I'm going to get her."

Looking at me suspiciously the lady shook her head. "There is no reason for you to be scared Mrs. Clyne."

Looking surprised, I shook my head as well. "I'm not Lacus."

"Sure your not. Now if you please follow me." the nurse responded turning around.

"But I'm telling you!" Noticing her back disappear behind the door, I decided to follow. After following the nurse down the narrow hallway, she stopped. Opening the door, she led me into a tiny room, with a window facing the nearby alley and another to the parking lot.

"If you please wait here for the doctor, he'll be in shortly, Mrs. Clyne." the nurse responded. Looking carefully at her, I noticed she had the same shade of blonde like myself. She had deep sea-blue eyes however. And she was also quite slim.

"However, you have to put this on," she said, holding up a white piece of cloth up. "If you don't mind, I'll hold onto your jacket."

Holding tightly to my jacket, I shook my head, "I'm not Lacus though. I've been trying to tell you that for the past 5 minutes!"

"Look, if you're not Lacus Clyne, then why did you follow me here then?" the nurse responded, getting inpatient as well.

"BUT!" I started to yell.

"No buts. Now please hand over you coat." Giving in, I headed her my coat with my left hand and grab the piece of white cloth with my right. But before I could take back my left hand, she grab a hold of it.

"You also have to head over you rings," she stated.

"What! NO!" I shouted, getting angry.

"I'm sorry but the doctor doesn't accept his patients wear jewelry. And most of his clients can't even afford to buy some anyways. If it makes you feel any better. My office is right next door. Once you are done, you can knock on my door and ask for them back. How does that sound?"

Giving in, I handed my rings over as well. Taking my watch off I also handed it over. Looking at me surprised she took it.

"Please be careful with them. Especially the watch. I just got it as anniversary gift."

Nodding her head, she walked out of the room.

Lacus defiantly owes me.

Noticing voices, I quietly walked over towards the door. Listening carefully, I heard the nurse's voice. "She's somebody. And important as well."

"She does look familiar." another voice responded.

"If I didn't know any better, I would have to say that was Cagalli Yula Attha." my nurse responded back.

"You think? Why would the princess of Orb come here then? To a women's free clinic downtown." the voice asked.

"Don't know. However, she used the name Lacus Clyne. She gave no further information. "

"Your kidding. That can't be the princess then. Probably just some wannabe." the voice said annoyed.

"Wannabe or not. She's rich. Not everyone can afford a jacket like this or a watch either. And look at this engagement ring."

How dare they! I was about to give them a piece of my mind when I heard angry voices. Leaning closer to the door, I listened. But then the door opened and I quickly backed away.

The nurse looked at me surprised and a little scared that I might have heard the conversation.

Looking closely at her name tag, I asked, "Sue, what's going on out there?"

Looking relieved, she answered, "Nothing we can't handle. It's probably someone upset over waiting. It's nothing new. The doctors here don't like calling the cops unless it's really needed. If something bad tends to happen, we have our own security. They'll pull out Steve in and he usually takes care of the problems."

"I see." Then a idea came into my head. "Do you have a phone I can use?"

"Sure, right there." the nurse named Sue said, pointing directly at the phone. "Just dialed 9." Walking out of the room, I decided it was best if I called Athrun and inform him of my whereabouts.

Dialing his number, I was directed to his voice mail. He must be on the shuttle still. Dialing 1, I waited for the beep. "Athrun, it's Cagalli. Just wanted to inform you that Lacus and I stopped by the downtown women's clinic. Estelle is staying at Kira and Lacus's house. Call me, we need to talk still." Hanging up, I walked slowly toward the window.

I noticed a man mowing the lawn. I also noticed his oily hand. Sticking my tongue out I thought how people could be so dirty. He slowly adjusted the brim of a blue baseball cap with those disgusting oily fingers. Looking both ways, he pushed the cap on tighter. Looking toward my direction, I met his gaze with mine. Angry silver eyes, cold as ice stared back at me.

Continuing to work, he moved his way up towards my window. Stopping, he deposit a brown paper bag beneath my window. The blue cap hid his eyes now. Pushing the mower to the shed, he stopped it. He jumped away from the machine and ran away.

Tapping loudly against the window, I tried to warn the mower about the brown bag. Then I saw him being stopped by a tall buff looking guy. By the looks of the uniform, the security guy name Steve. Trying to get away, he struggled.

Looking towards a tree, I noticed two blue jays. Smiling I whispered, "Fly away."

Feeling another chill run down my spine, I turned away and walked towards the door. I had enough waiting.

A moment later, a rolling blast hit me full force. Knocking me into the opposite window.

I landed mindlessly into the alley trash and continued to roll aimlessly. Boards, bricks, papers blanketed me as I could feel dust fill my lungs up. Getting onto my knees, I started to crawl.

I tried to scream, but the air was on fire. Breathing became much difficult. Not caring if the trash was scraping my knees, I continued forward.

Reason told me a bomb had just exploded, just like those times during war. But was it the first of many? Deciding that it was better to find shelter I continued. Survival took over.

Taking cover in a nearby hole, I covered myself with my arms. Blocking all sound out. Closing my eyes, I tried to calm down as quickly as possible. It was like when I was a child. I hid from my nanny. Just to run away from the many problems I always encounter myself in.

Pushing away the panic, the noise, the smells. The throbbing in her head didn't seemed to help as well. I couldn't tell if I was falling asleep or passing out from the pain I could no longer feel.

It didn't matter anymore.

I just drifted away.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ...........................................

(Dearka's POV)

Walking through the streets of downtown Orb, Miriallia and myself tried to find some sort of story.

"How much longer do you think it's going to take?" she asked walking by my side.

"I don't know. Hopefully not much more. This camera bag is getting quite heavy."

Laughing she responded, "And I thought my microphone was heavy."

Laughing along side her we continued. We noticed a argument between a security guard and some scrawny guy in front of the women's clinic area.

Looking back down, I looked at Miriallia carefully. It's been years since we became the best of friends. Everyone would always force me to ask her out. But I was to scared to ask her. Afraid she would turned me down. Me, Dearka Elthman, be turn down by a girl? I suppose I was always a ladies man.

But it's different with Miriallia. Can't really explain it however.

"Dearka, you remember when you ask if I wanted a story to fall out of the sky?" Miriallia asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Well I wish one does fall," she answered back.

Smiling, I wished the same thing.

But what happened next was unbelievable. One moment the women's clinic was there and the next it was up in flames.

"Miriallia?"

"Yes Dearka?" she asked in shocked.

"I think your wished just came true."

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ......................................

Author's Notes:

Chapter 1 up and done. So what did you think so far? Good, bad or you have no idea? Tell me what you think.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  ;