Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Destiny ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Finding Destiny

Chapter 2

 

(Original POV)

When Cagalli finally awoke, fear kept her still. Silence surrounded her. Slowly, her senses started to come back. She heard dripping water. The aroma in the air smelled like a newly burnt-out campfire. The air was cool against her skin. Looking around she noticed a nearby garbage can, burning. Touching the ground lightly, she slowly got up from the ground. Covered in dirt and dust, she checked herself over.

Her legs ached and her hands and face were covered with little scratches and scabs that ache even more when she moved a muscle. Then came the headache, pinpointed above a hairline of her head.

Retracing her steps, she noticed the dim moonlight crossed the alley with bits of the building she had been standing in a few moment ago. Yet now the building was empty and black. It was dead now.

Looking around, she noticed the water dripping from three huge hoses that been left on the grass. Not understanding what had happened, she continued on into a opening. Now the boards were nailed down onto the building. Shaking her head slightly, Cagalli moved on. Nothing was making sense.

It was like she passed out in downtown Orb and only to be awaken during the war once again. But that couldn't be possible.

"Hey lady! What are you doing there?" a man shouted toward Cagalli. Turning around slightly, she couldn't pin point the voice. "No one is suppose to be back here. Get out of here now lady!" the voice shouted again. Stepping through the darkness, a form of a person appeared. A man in a police uniform walked straightly towards her. "This is a crime scene. Only authorities are aloud here." he continued on, tapping his badge slightly. "Folks died here today lady. Have some respect."

Trying to speak, Cagalli realized she couldn't talk. No sound came out of her mouth. It only burned her throat when she tried to speak. Having little patience, the police officer quickly grabbed hold of her and yanked her away.

Tripping slightly over the hoses, she lost her pair of shoes in the rubble.

"You'll have to sleep somewhere else," the man yelled, pushing her into the street. "You're the third drunk I found, scavenging among the rubble." Narrowing his eyes at Cagalli, he turned his back towards her. "I had enough of this. The next person I find in here may will get more than an escort off the property. I like to get my hands on the guy who laid the dynamite. Destroying the clinic totally. He had made one hell of a day for me and others."

"But…" Cagalli spitted out quickly. But stopped when her throat started to burn once again. Letting the man walk a few feet away from her, she stood still. Yellow tape roped off the area where the clinic once stood.

Remembering the name on the police badge she whispered out, "Your Steve Postmen? As in Steve the clinic's guard?"

Turning to face her, he nodded. "Yeah. And I think I may have seen the man who did this. All I can say is, he better pray that the cops get to him before I do. Or I'll shred him into pieces. This was the best job I had in awhile."

Nodding her head, she swallowed.

Walking away from her, he shouted at her, "Don't come back here. Or next time I won't be so nice."

Feeling her anger rise, Cagalli quickly clench her fists. How dare he threaten her like she was a no body. He'll be the one whose going to be sorry for touching her and pushing her the way he did. Didn't he know who she was. Didn't he realize she was Cagalli Yula Attha, the once ruler of Orb. And the wife of the soon to be Chancellor of PLANT. How dare he push her around like that.

Calming down a bit, she realized there was nothing she could do. At least not until she got her voice back. Plus, if he had realized who she was, he might have called the pressed. And they were the last people she wanted to deal with right now. Deciding it was better to get some form of help, she walked down the street.

…………………… …………........................................... ................................................

(Dearka's POV)

Walking into the apartment I shared with Miriallia, I headed straight for the couch in the living room.

"What a day," I replied out loud.

"No kidding," Miriallia responded, closing the door behind her. Dropping the brief care at the entrance of the living room, she too sat down on a couch across from Dearka. Looking down she frowned.

"What's wrong Mill?" I asked concerned.

Looking straight up at me, she scowled at me. "You're asking me what's wrong?" she shouted. Getting up, she walked quickly towards the window. "Think about it Dearka. Think about what just happened today."

Frowning myself, I got up and walked towards her. "I know what happened today. And I know what you are thinking as well."

Turning to face me, I noticed tears falling from her eyes. Opening my arms, she quickly walked into them. "I fell like we jinx it."

"Jinx?" I asked surprised.

"We both wanted a story so badly. And look what happens!" she shouted in my shirt. Holding my waist tighter.

Rubbing her back slightly, I signed. "What happened today wasn't our fault Mill. I know we were joking around but that has nothing to do what happened."

"But I feel like we are to blame for it." she continued.

Pulling her away I tried to smile. "We have a story to write. And as bad as it is, we have to finish it and submit it by morning. We have to push our feeling aside right now."

Nodding her head, she agreed.

Watching her walk toward her bedroom I frowned again. Turning towards the window, I too felt tears moisture my eyes. After finding Lacus Clyne outside the burning clinic, she had informed us what was going on.

Nothing was making sense though.

Shaking my head, I started to head toward my separate bedroom from Miriallia. I just hope both Athrun or Kira don't do anything rash.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ..............................................

(Cagalli's POV)

I continued to walked towards the Capitol of the city. She had passed these streets so many times in her life. She knew what kind of people were out at what time.

Untying the scarf around her neck, she wiped her face. Not caring if it was a hundred dollar scarf. He hair seemed fried from the fire. But she didn't care at that moment. All she wanted was this nightmare to be over.

The sidewalk seemed to be cooled under her bare feet. Not a single soul seemed to be out. She carried no money nor ID. But not to worry however. She had left Athrun a message on his cell phone. And if Lacus had gotten out alright, she too knew she was in the clinic.

Limping down the sidewalk, she heard a Taxi driver honk at her for no reason. Bending down, she touched her right ankle, to only discover it was covered in blood. Not able to see the wound clearly, I continue to move on.

Only to stopped at the local bus stop which at the time was occupied by a few homeless. Sitting down next to two old women, I carefully examine the cut on my leg.

"We have to leave soon Ash," replied one of the old ladies. Getting up, I looked up noticing a little pink noise stick out and a face full of wrinkles. Smiling down at me, she offered a hand up.

"I'm not Ash," I responded back, but gratefully took her hand.

Smiling at me she nodded. "You might as well child. You're covered completely in ashes child." Helping up the second lady she said, "Well anyways. You be safe child. And keep out of harms way." Looking back at me she frowned. "I worry about you Ash."

For the first time in my life, I realized they meant no harm. I have nothing they could possibly want to take from me. At this moment, I had nothing. I was a nobody as well. Smiling at the old woman, I answered, "I will. Thank you."

Looking me over she added, "They're serving pancakes at the shelter. You should add some pounds to that slim figure of your. Plus I heard they have a side order of sausages."

"Well if you keep telling people that, then there won't be any more left." the woman next to shouted out.

Ignoring the comment she continued, "I noticed you lost your shoes?"

Looking down at my feet, I nodded. Smiling at me, she dug into her nearby bag. Pulling out a pair of white slip on shoes. "Got these from the hospital."

Taking hold of them I smiled. "Thank you."

Nodding at me, both the women walked out and left me alone. Looking up, I noticed a nearby clock tower. It was almost six in the morning. Maybe if I continued on, I'll make it to the offices before anyone gets there.

Athrun must be home by now. Worried sick that I haven't showed up yet.

After 10 minutes, I reached the offices and walked toward the parking area. If I was lucky enough, no one will see me expect a close friend.

A secretary I remember seeing quickly ran by. Deciding it was best to stay hidden.

Relief overtook me when I noticed that next person. Scott* Amarifi came into view. He was the father of Nicol Amarifi. A close friend of Athrun during the war. I had become rather close to Mr. Amarifi, as he became Athrun's trusted mentor.

But before I got a chance to step out to reveal myself. I noticed a shadow coming up behind Mr. Amarifi. Before I got a chance to scream out loud, Scott turned around to face him.

"It's about time you showed up, Morgan!" he shouted quietly.

"Mission Accomplish." the stranger replied.

"You got the wife then?" Scott asked.

Than man nodded. "Good. I didn't want to take out Zala. I like him, but I have my own plans for the future of PLANT. You left no trace. Am I correct?" Scott asked.

"There is this one person. But I'm going to take care of him soon.

Nodding his head, Scott said, "Good. No survivors must live. No suspects should be around. Understand. You could have done it less messy however."

"I did it, didn't I. You told me to do it quickly. Not quietly. Dynamite was the best choice of route I could think of."

"Now continued on. You have more work to do." Watching the man disappear back into the shadows, I watched Scott disappear into the elevator.

Closing my eyes silently, I thought about the conversation. They were talking about her and I knew it deep down. If either Scott Amarifi or the bomber see her now, she was as dead as they think she already is.

 

 

……………… ………………........................... ................................................................

Author's Notes

Chapter 2 done and up. Tell me what you thought. Chapter three up and done as well.