Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Selfish ❯ chapter2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Gundam SEED is property of Bandai, Sostu Agency, Sunrise and all other materials. It does not belong to me.

A/N: wow! I received so many reviews!! About the AthrunXKira thingy, I don't really know where this is going yet. But so dar, I don't think there are any pairings

And there are so many variations for the names, everybody spells certain names differently. So here are my interpretations…

Yzak Joule - Issac/ izak/ jole

Rau le Creuset - Raul/ Kreuz/ Kleuze

Nicole Amalfi - Nicole

Athrun Zala - Asuran

Mwu Ra Fraga - Mu la Flaga

Sai Argyle - Ssigh Agail

Flay Allster - Furrei/ Fllay

Torii - Birdy/ Tori

==========

Selfish

Chapter 2

==========

And the pilot knew Athrun! He boy had called out Athrun's name! Yzak was very unhappy at the latest development. Dearka was surprised at the small thing clutching to Athrun's chest like a life line, even in sleep. It seemed as though the pilot knew Athrun VERY well. Nicole smiled "I look forward to know the pilot better"

Kira looked no older than 15 years old, but there tends to be a tendency among coordinators to age slower than naturals. The helmet fell onto the metal floor with a sound that resounded through the hangar.

Athrun looked lost as to where he should place Kira and wanted to vid Le Creuset but knowing the commander; Creuset would most likely treat Kira like a POW. No, that would not do. The indigo-haired ZAFT pilot carried the small load to his own bedroom. Athrun knew that he shouldn't have acted with his own jurisdiction, but looking at the hostile glares directed by Yzak and not a small number of the crew, Kira would definitely be mistreated as a POW.

Kira stirred as he was laid on the bed and moaned "I'm not a traitor"

"You're with me; you are at the right place. Those despicable Naturals only made use of you, but now, everything's okay. You're with me."

The boy on the bed frowned as though somewhat unhappy with what was said, but he ignored it as the face relaxed again. Finally satisfied that Kira was sound asleep, Athrun made his way to the changing room to change out of his suit. He would try to delay his report to commander Creuset as much as he can.

The rest of the Gundam pilots were there as well, changing, sipping water, watching the crew through the window as they gossiped about the `New Kid'. Naturally, all talk stopped as soon as they saw Athrun enter the room.

"Athrun, have you reported to commander Creuset?" asked Nicol.

"No, I'll go after changing out of my suit."

Athrun changed out of his suit, and walked out of the room silently. That was very unlike him. Although he wasn't exactly the noisier type of people that Nicol was, neither was he uncomfortably quiet. As he closed the door, he heard Yzak's voice "I really have no idea what was he thinking, bringing the enemy back and leaving him free to roam."

Athrun ignored the truth of what Yzak said. Kira was the enemy afterall. He walked to the control room to report the Commander Creuset. Salute.

"Zala, good job, I see that you've convinced your friend to come. But you do realize that he is AWOL?"

"No, Kira was never enlisted in the military. He is not a soldier and therefore, will not be judged my military standards. The Naturals only made use of the only Coordinator available to them. Kira Yamato."

"Is that right then? Never the less, he is restricted to only certain parts of the ship. We do not really know his motivations for coming. As for the Strike, we'll find a new pilot."

" Hai."

"Dismissed, oh yes, as for you little friend there, civilian clothes are available and do give him room 34. When he wakes, Grant level 5 security."

" Hai." . a salute, and he left the room. Things would be very interesting from then on. Seriously, he did not expect the boy called Kira to listen to Athrun. But his plans would not be affected nonetheless.

As Athrun walked to the upper deck to look out into space, Kira woke up in the bedroom. A rest was only what he needed. It was only… half an hour? He carefully pealed off the pilot's suit and folded it neatly on the bed. Underneath he was wearing a blue and white EA t-shirt, white pants, black belt and brown shoes. Standard Earth Alliance casual wear. But he missed his choker. And his clothes, and Torii.

Slowly he looked around him; the desk had several wires and weird items strewn on it. He smiled. So Athrun was still making his toys eh? He walked out of the room. How could his friend leave him alone in ZAFT territory? Everything around him was foreign, everything seemed so new. He had to admit, the red ZAFT uniform looked great.

Then a group of 3 boys walked in his direction, one will platinum blond hair, another with green and the third had a warm honey colour. All were in ZAFT uniform. Kira ignored them, but suddenly a hand reached towards in as if meaning to grab him. Kira dunked down and slid out a leg to trip the assailant, before recovering quickly to pin him down. All that in less than a second.

"Eh?" violet yes blinked curiously at the guy under him.

" maa maa, Kira-san right? I'm sure Yzak didn't mean to attack you." Kira frowned, but he carefully eased his assailant up, keeping a distance warily. Yzak certainly didn't look as if he did not mean it. In fact, Yzak looked as if he would have been very happy if he could kill Kira.

Dearka steered the obviously irate Yzak in the direction they had originally been walking in while Nicol smiled at the boy who only looked slightly older than him. Nicol led him to the cafeteria. From all around, Kira attracted many stares mainly because of his different attire. And if looks could kill, Kira would have been dead many times over. He pretended not to notice though. Wasn't it not any different from being on the Archangel?

Kira ate the offered food silently as Nicol chattered about his love for music. It was surprising how the boy can be so enthusiastic yet polite while he was talking. He did not speak while talking, but the talk seemed endless and the food depleted quickly too.

About 5 minutes before Kira finished eating, Athrun nodded to himself before retrieving an ID card and the key to room 34. He was walking to his room to check on Kira when Dearka and Yzak passed back. They were talking so loudly that behind the blind end, Athrun could hear what was being said "I think the commander shouldn't let that ... Whatever-his-name-is free to roam the ship!"

Athrun waited for them to pass before continuing on his way, and then as he passed by the cafeteria, Kira and Nicol walked out.

"Eh?" Athrun uttered unintelligently. He stopped in his movements.

"Ah, Athrun, I was just talking to Kira about my last piano performance. Oh yes, and he should change shouldn't he? That uniform looks a little too thin for the temperature."

"Uh, yeah, that's right. That, this is the card key to room 34," he passed a green-colored card to Kira, " and this is the ID pass which will grant you level 5 security pass. So you can only go to some parts of the ship. And uh… yes it is cold" Athrun stuttered. He sounded fairly unsure of himself. It was the first time he had seen his friend without the rush of adrenaline or the after effects of it.

Kira blinked. His friend was usually very confident. This was unseen. Nicol noticed that about Athrun too, but did not comment, instead he held Kira by the wrist and led him to the clothing store.

The storeroom held uniforms for the crew, the pilot, and even civilian clothes for cases such as that. Kira examined the offered closet. Did ZAFT miss out on good fashion designers? The clothes were outdated by at least 3 years! Who wears bell-bottoms? And spandex was out like 10 years ago! And what's with the plain one-colour t-shirts? The uniform looks great, but, otherwise, the civilian clothes look horrible.

He sighed and chose a blue dress shirt, green t-shirt, jeans, socks and clean underwear. It was the best the closet could offer. Besides, he could switch the pieces with his uniform. The EA uniform only had the insignia on the outer piece. And seriously, he looked fine in the uniform. And the shoes were fine. Kira looked upon his feet. Yep, it would do.

He nodded to Athrun and Nicol who were busy examining the room curiously. They looked up from several boxes and blushed. They were behaving as if they had never been in the room before. They had been in before, when they were just enlisted into the military, but at that time, the boys were obviously young, green and shy. They did not have time to explore the room. Kira laughed at Athrun and Nicol, and he was once again reminded of how they were just kids, At least under the law.

"Bathe? How about you guys, the battle … sorry…" he slipped into the cubicle quietly. Leaving the other two stunned. Nicol bit his lip. Battle was never easy, and it was better to just act, and then don't think back on it. He didn't really want to bathe. No. the communal bathroom was steamy with a huge pool-like bath in the middle. It provided relief to a great number of men after a taxing day/ night's worth of work. But then, it wasn the best thing to be doing, standing there doing nothing. Athrun shrugged and walked to a fogged up mirror to play with it. He was actually thinking back on what had happened. Nicol sighed and went to the toilet to relief himself. Then both returned to outside Kira's cubicle to wait for him.

The door was frosted glass-like material. Obviously the engineer were not stupid enough to put glass on a battle ship. Everything, from the bathroom doors to the glasses were not glass. It would be too dangerous. Nevertheless, Nicol and Athrun could not take their eyes off the misty figure behind the door. Unlike many of the older men, Athrun and Nicol were shy, and they never revealed their bodies nor seen another's. Simultaneously, they looked at each other and turned a crimson colour.

Kira came out of the shower soon after, chocolate colour hair with droplets of water dripping off. The bathroom had more gravity than the rest of the ship for the obvious reason that it would not be great to have stuff like waste and water floating around the place. He was wearing jeans together with the blue dress shirt. He was bare footed but sat down on the bench to wear sock and shoes.

10 minutes later, Nicol and Athrun had to report to the control room for a meeting so Kira headed towards room 34. Currently, he was wandering around the corridor looking for his room. Man! The ship's the biggest maze he had ever been in... Uh… excluding the first time he stepped foot onto campus. But he had to admit. He was lost.