Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Flight to the Past ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

May 25, F.E.:
Starkaro walked into a small village near a mountain range. He came over to a villager and asked him a question.
"Did you by any chance see the falling stars some nights ago" he asked.
"Yes, I did, but that was several months ago, why do you ask"
"I'm looking for one, did any fall in those mountains" he again asked.
"Yes I believe one did, on the tallest one." answered the villager pointing to the one in the center of them.
"Thank you." said Starkaro and in 20 min. he was on the mountain digging through the snow. He heard a noise. He hit something. He cleared the snow away and saw a chunk of ice and it had something in it. He then ran down the mountain to get help.
Disclaimer: I own nothing other than the characters Mac, Starkaro, and T.J.
A/N: there are switching of dates so I'll be abbreviating them: A.C. After Colony, F.E.Feudal Era, P.D.Present Day. Well that's all for now.
Flight To The Past
Starring:
Inuyasha
Kagome
Miroku
Sango
Shippo
Kirara
Guest Starring:
Heero Yuy
Duo Maxwell
Trowa Barton
Qautre Rebaba Winner
Wufei Chang
T.J.
Mac
William Daniels as the voice of K.I.T.T.
Special Guest Stars:
Astrotrain
Starscream's Ghost as Starkaro
April 1, A.C. 199:
"Three years! Three years ago you blew your Gundams up, and after two and a half years of restoring Peacemillion you want them rebuilt, along with two copies of every other Mobile Suit made! And you want it done in a six month period. You think I didn't work hard? And now after they're built you want special components put in them. Those components could take years to correctly analyze and you want them installed in two months. And you want them operational. It just can't be done." T.J. ended his little rant at Heero, who paid little attention. T.J. was a brilliant technician who, after the incident with Triez's daughter, was brought in by the Gundam pilots to restore Peacemillion, and their Gundams." 'Sides, what do ya need the components for" he questioned.
"Time travel." Heero replied emotionlessly.
"Time Travel? Are you crazy? That'll never work, not in a million years." T.J. almost started to rant again, but Heero was leaving the storage area where the Gundams were being kept. Once the pilots had commissioned him to rebuild their Gundams, he did a lot of digging to turn up their plans. He did in the long run. Eventually, after months of dedicated labor they were finished. The original five Gundams all restored to working condition. T.J. had added a few little extras like long range scanners and a special boost system that could give the Gundam a needed boost in propulsion, or could send the mechanism soaring, just enough to get over that extra mile. Not only had the original five been rebuilt, but Altron, Deathscythe H., Tallgeese II, Epyon, Mercurius, Vayeate, and Wing Gundam Zero, along with the other Mobile Suits. Heero had gone to the mess hall on Peacemillion, where the other pilots were lounging. Peacemillion was in orbit of Earth, on the side farthest from the colonies.
"Look all I'm saying is there are two theories for time travel: One is that you fly around the Earth opposite its rotation at the speed of light. This theory however, if it did work would never be proven, due to the fact that the amount of time you're in flight is the same amount of time you travel backwards. So in essence you'll end at the same time you take off. Theory two is flying around the sun at ten times the speed of light. That is very dangerous because if you miss calculate by the slightest bit, your trajectory, then you're extra extra crispy with a side of wedges, if you get my drift." T.J. said to Heero as they entered.
June 1, P.D.:
Kagome ran out of the school and made a bee line for home. Once she was in the door she went straight to her room and began to fill a large suitcase. She was one summer break and was going to spend the summer in Feudal Japan. As soon as the suitcase was filled she lugged it down the steps and to the door. She told her family that she was going to the F.E. for the summer and she would be back when school started again. She made her way as quickly as possible, for she was carrying a well overstuffed suitcase with her, to the well house. She lifted the heavy suitcase and dropped in the well and jumped in after it. When she got to the F.E. she called up to Inuyasha to help her with the suitcase.
"Inuyasha, help me get this suitcase out of the well." she called up to him.
"Why should I? You're the one who brought it." he said to her. Mac heard the conversation as he was walking to the well himself.
"Inuyasha, you're such a jerk" Kagome yelled at him.
"Whoa, take it easy Kagome, just relax" Mac said "Here take this rope and tie it through the straps on your suitcase. Kagome did as she was told. Mac then threw the other end of the rope around the limb Inuyasha was sitting on. Mac took the end of the rope that was around the limb and jumped onto it. His weight caused the suitcase to rise out of the well. He then swung over and grabbed it and let the rope go. Kagome climbed out of the well.
"Wow, that's was pretty cool, where did you learn to do that" she asked him.
"Oh nowhere really, it just science." he replied. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo came over to see Kagome and were followed by Kirara. Just before they got there Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and yelled"SIT" as loud as she could. Inuyasha proceeded to fall to the ground from his perch rather painfully.
June 1 A.C. 199:
"So? Did you put the components in" Duo asked T.J. as they walked to the storage area.
"Not exactly." he replied and they entered. In the middle of the giant room was a large shuttle craft. It housed the original five Gundams and Wing Gundam Zero. "I built this shuttle to transport the Gundams as opposed to putting in components separately." T.J. explained.
"Nice job." Duo said.
"Well thank you, go get the others, we're doing a test run in about thirty minuets." T.J. told Duo. In thirty minuets the Gundams and their pilots were in the so lovingly named "Time Splitter" ready to journey to the past. "Time Splitter to Peacemillion, we are ready to begin the test over." T.J. said
"This is Peacemillion we are ready to monitor." Howard said.
"Good luck, Heero." Releena said as she, Hilde, Catherine, Sally Po, Noin, and Zechs watched. The Time Splitter exited Peacemillion and headed for Earth. Suddenly from behind Peacemillion and Time Splitter two laser beams hit Time Splitter severely damaging it. Everyone on Peacemillion looked on in shock and horror as the ship began to roll and enter Earth's atmosphere.
"Engaging time circuits! We're going to end up somewhere in past Japan" T.J. called out as fires raged throughout the interior of the ship. Suddenly bursts of energy began to emit from the front of Time Splitter. Then came a sudden burst of acceleration and Time Splitter exploded and the explosion collapsed on itself.
June1 P.D.:
Inuyasha was leading the group near the base of a mountain range when Starkaro appeared.
"Inuyasha" he exclaimed. "I'm so glad to see all of you"
"Starkaro, it's nice to se you too" Kagome said.
"And who might you be" Starkaro asked looking at Mac.
"Name's MacGyver, but my friends call me Mac" Mac said introducing himself.
"And I am the Knight Industries Two Thousand, K, I, T, T, for easy reference, K.I.T.T. if you prefer" the watch piped in.
"Eh, well it's nice to meet both of you, now on to the business at hand." Starkaro replied.
"And what might that be? Come to take the Jewel I suppose." Inuyasha said.
"Inuyasha that's not very nice! How could you say something like that after he helped us get it back from Naraku and put it back together" Kagome stated.
"Easy when we first met him he tried to take the jewel shards from us then to get his body or something like that." Inuyasha explained his reasoning behind his earlier comment.
"Inuyasha he cloud have taken the jewel by now if he wanted it." Kagome protested. Miroku, Sango and Shippo sat down and began to chat amongst themselves quietly. Mac rolled his eyes at Inuyasha and Kagome's incessant bickering.
"I don't want the damn jewel" Starkaro exclaimed.
"Oh well what do you want" Inuyasha asked.
"I found my body and I need help to get it. I can't do it alone. I need your help." he finished.
"Oh well why didn't you say that in the first place" Inuyasha once again asked.
"I tried to, but, oh never mind" Starkaro gave up.
"Where is your body" Mac asked.
"There on the slope of the mountain." Starkaro pointed at the nearest mountain to the group showing them where his body was located. The group proceeded to follow Starkaro up the treacherous mountain side to the spot where he had uncovered his robotic body. Suddenly in the sky above them three loud explosions were heard. The Time Splitter appeared and began a fiery descent towards the mountain.
"Stabilizers offline, propulsion offline, everything's offline" T.J. said. The Gundam pilots had evacuated to the storage area and boarded their Gundams. "Wait here we go." T.J. said and pressed a little red button. He got up from his seat and went to the storage bay and got in Wing Gundam. The storage bay doors opened and the Gundams dropped out. The ship continued to descend. Inuyasha and the others watched as it headed for the mountain top of the mountain they were on.
"Run" Mac yelled. Everyone ran down the mountain as fast as they could.
"My body" Starkaro yelled as the ship crashed through the mountain and his body annihilating it, leaving him trapped in a human's skin forever.
The group reached the bottom of the mountain and split off, Inuyasha and Shippo in one direction, Sango and Miroku in the opposite direction and Kagome and Mac, who both were a little slower than the others sought safety in a small grove of trees on the side of the mountain facing the opposite direction. What was left of the ship and the avalanche it caused finally stopped at the base of the mountain. Inuyasha and Shippo had joined up with Miroku and Sango; neither of them was going to leave the young demon slayer and lecherous monk alone together for very long. Mac and Kagome came out of the grove of trees and carefully inspected the wrecked time machine.
"It's a spaceship" Kagome observed.
"It would seem so. Not too much left though. Hey what's this" Mac said and stooped over to look at a piece of burned out circuitry.
"What is it" Kagome asked and came over to look.
"I've seen this thing before, but I can't remember where." Mac said looking at the tubes forming a Y inside of a glass and metal case. "Oh well no big deal it's worthless anyway." he said and they walked outside.
"Well what is it" Inuyasha asked.
"It's some sort of spaceship I guess." Mac replied.
"A spaceship? Oh you mean one of those weird rocket type things Kagome told us about." Inuyasha replied.
"Yeah." Mac replied.
"Judging by the materials used in the construction of the ship, and the carbon dating on it, I would guess it to have come from no less than 1,000 years ahead of the present year" K.I.T.T. gave his analysis as the group sat around a camp fire that evening.
"1,000 years? Gees that's a long way to travel backwards." Mac replied to his companion.
"If I'm correct the ship, at one time, was able to make that jump, and greater ones almost instantaneously. Unfortunately something happened to cause it to, for lack of a better terminology, crash and burn the way it did." K.I.T.T. continued with his history of the destroyed Time Splitter.
"What about those giant robots that dropped out of it before it crashed" Kagome asked.
"I was not able to scan their make ups, however based upon the speed of their ship and the rate at which they fell; the robots should not have landed more than a days walk from here if that. If there was anyone inside of those robots they would have seen us as they dropped on the other side of the mountain. Therefore it would be logical to assume that they made their way towards as best they could thus reducing the distance between us and them, and reducing the amount of time it would take for us to reach them or" K.I.T.T. was abruptly cut off by Mac.
"K.I.T.T., shut up" he said and quieted the watched babbling.
"So do you think that there could have been someone inside of those things" Miroku said.
"Yes, the robots did not move as if they were conscious. The ship size would also indicate that they could not have stood up or sat upright to pilot it. Someone else was piloting the ship and escaped inside of those robots." K.I.T.T. concluded.
"Wow, that's pretty...deep." Sango said after listening to K.I.T.T.'s lengthy explanations.
"Kagome, what's a robot" Shippo asked.
"A robot? It would be, um, like a man that isn't made of flesh and blood and doesn't think for himself." the school girl explained to the young demon boy.
"Oh." Shippo replied and fell silent.
"O.K. so what's the plan? Are we gonna try and find those robots and see if there was anyone inside of them or are we just going to sit here and see if anyone comes looking for us or what" Mac asked.
"I say we just keep moving on, we've got to protect the Jewel now that Naraku's gone. If we hang around here too long other demons might come for the Jewel and we would be putting ourselves in unnecessary danger." Inuyasha said, not seeming to care."
"Inuyasha! What if we're wrong and there were people in those things and they need help, we should look for them." Kagome protested.
"Fine you look for 'em if you care so much." he replied.
"K.I.T.T. and I will go with you Kagome." Mac replied.
"Feh, figures you'd go." Inuyasha sneered.
"Hey I want to find out more about that ship, I saw something in there that looked familiar." Mac shot back.
"I'll go as well." Sango said.
"Thank you, Mac and Sango." Kagome replied.
"Yup, no problem." Mac replied.
"You're welcome Kagome." Sango replied.
"Kirara" Sango said as the cat demon darted off into the woods. "I'd better go look for her." Sango said and got up to leave.
"Hang on Sango I'll go with you so you don't get lost." Mac said and they took off to look for Kirara. As the pair walked through the woods looking for the little cat, Sango stopped and looked at the ground, observing the cat's footprints. "Hey I wanted to thank you for helping get Inuyasha off my back." Mac said.
"It was nothing; It seemed that you needed a little help." Sango replied.
"Yeah, he can get a little frustrating at times, can't he" Mac replied.
"At times. Usually though he doesn't do that with anyone other than Kagome. He must like having you around." Sango said.
"Well I do come in handy, being able to make weapons out of conventional objects and what not. Not that I'm bragging or anything." Mac he replied.
"Yeah, you do." she said.
"Well look over there" Mac pointed over Sango's shoulder at Kirara who had chased a bug and was pawing at it. They went over to the little demon and Sango picked it up.
"Kirara you shouldn't run off like that." she said to it, Kirara looked up at her and simply meowed.
"I guess she's trying to say she's sorry." Mac said.
"I guess so." Sango replied and they waked back to camp together.
The next morning Kagome, Mac, K.I.T.T. and Sango set out to look for any survivors of the crash. As they neared the mountain they stopped and looked around.
“If my calculations are correct and there was someone in those robots. They would be in the general area.” K.I.T.T. said.
“O.K. let's fan out. Sango go around the right side of the mountain I'll go left and up into that grove of trees there.” Mac said.
“Hey what about me?” Kagome asked.
“You stay here and watch, shoot anything that isn't friendly or looks suspicious. If someone comes after us we need you to guard our backs.” Mac explained.
“O.K. I'll try.” Kagome replied.
“That a girl.” Mac said and he took of into the grove of trees while Sango went to the right side of the mountain. Mac walked about 100 or so yards around the mountain and into the trees when he spotted three people. He crouched behind a tree and observed them. One had short blonde hair; the other wore a black hat and had a long braided ponytail, the third and straight brown hair that covered a portion of his face. Mac began to clench his fist, ready for a fight. He jumped out from behind the tree.
“Freeze!” he said, prepared to throw the electric ball.
“We mean you no harm, we're just looking for our ship have you seen it?” Trowa said.
“Yeah, it's around the front of the mountain, by the way the name's MacGyver.” Mac said.
“I'm Trowa.” Trowa said.
“I'm Qautre.” The blonde haired boy said.
“And I'm Duo” the one with the ponytail said.
“I am the Knight Industries Two Thousand, K, I, T, T, for easy reference, K.I.T.T. if you prefer" Mac's watch once again introduced himself.
“Hey wait a second I thought you just said you name was MacGyver.” Duo pointed out.
“It is MacGyver, my watch is called K.I.T.T. He's a super computer.” Mac explained.
“Your watch talks?” Duo asked.
“Yeah, for the past few months now. He can really get rambling too.” Mac explained.
“Ahh.” Duo said.
“Hey I thought there were six of you.” Mac said.
“There is the others went around the other side.” Trowa said.
“Oh no.” Mac exclaimed and began to run back the other way. The Gundam pilots quickly followed him. “Kagome don't shoot! Don't shoot at anything.! Kagome!” Mac hollered as he rounded the corner of the mountain. Unfortunately this startled Kagome and all she could make out was the word “Shoot”. So she shot. And with her amazing aim, she missed the Gundam pilots that had emerged and hit Mac in the shoulder instead. Sango came around the other side; following her were Heero, Wufei, and T.J. She quickly rushed to Mac's side and Kagome was also there in an instant. Heero and Duo helped Mac to his feet. Mac leaned on their shoulders and they brought him back to camp.
That night Kagome tended Mac's wound and the group was introduced to the boys from the future. After much war story swapping everyone fell asleep. Sango, who was having trouble sleeping, was sleeping very very lightly, she could hear Mac dreaming.
Mac was lying sleeping on his couch in his old apartment. The door to the apartment opened ever so slightly and quietly. Murdoc stepped in with a hatchet. He silently crept over to the couch and raised the hatchet and brought it down.
Mac's eyes popped open. His head was resting on his computer desk in his house.
“It was only a dream.” He said and pushed himself to an upright position. He looked at the computer screen. He had been listening to music, but judging by the time he had last looked at the clock and the current time, the track and long ran out. A knock came on his door. ”It's open!” he shouted.
“A heavy set bald man walked into the room.
“Oh, hey Pete.” Mac said.
“Hey MacGyver, I was just dropping off those files you wanted.” Pete said.
“Oh thanks, just set `em over there on the stand.” Mac said.
“Hey listen are you O.K.? I heard some noises coming up here.” Pete inquired abut his friend.
“Oh it was probably just me snoring or something.” Mac said.
“Oh is that all? Well I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early, remember, we have to be at the docks to meet with Manuel at 6 o'clock, don't be late.” Pete reminded him.
“I remember, I won't be late.” Mac said and watched as Pete left. He heard the door slam and turned to face his computer. Murdoc stepped in the room.
“Well it has been a long time hasn't it MacGyver.” he said, Mac turned around and Murdoc pulled a pistol out and shot him right in the heart. Mac spun around and his head fell on the keyboard.
Mac's eyes shot open and he startled awake. He looked around to se that he was in the camp. Sango woke up and looked at him.
“Are you alright?” she asked.
“Yeah, just some bad dreams, what about you?” he asked.
“I'm having trouble sleeping too.” she said.
“Let me guess, you're worried about Kohaku.”
“Yeah, he's been missing ever since we killed Naraku and put the jewel back together. We've never found his body.”
“Well maybe he's still alive then somewhere.”
“I hope so. Now let me guess, you're dreaming about Murdoc again.”
“Guilty as charged. I've been worried about you guys ever since that incident outside Kaede's village. He has this thing about killing me I guess, and he might come after you guys too. That's what scares me.”
“But we saw him fall into a hole in the Earth, surely he must be dead.”
“Not necessarily, I've seen him fall off a mountain and survive; he drove a jeep off a cliff once and came out. And every time, his body's never been found, just like last time.”
“Hmm I'm sure he won't try to hurt us. We are more powerful than he is.” Sango moved over beside Mac.
“I guess you're right, we are.” Mac said. Sango brought her gear and laid down next to Mac.
“Goodnight, MacGyver.” She said.
“Goodnight Sango.” Mac said and they both went sleep.
The Next morning Kagome put Mac's right arm in a sling until it could fully heal.
“I can take you to the ship if you want.” Mac offered the Gundam Pilots.
“That'll be just fine.” Heero replied. The group set off to the shipwreck.
“You know, that's one crazy flight to the past you guys have taken” Mac said as they arrived. The Gundam pilots could only stare at the hunk of charred metal and circuitry.
“Oh man, now we're stuck here.” Duo said.
“Not necessarily, I might be able to fix it.” T.J. said.
“Hey Mac there's something I want you to see.” Heero said and stepped in. He turned what little power was left on and activated the sensor logs. He brought up a very blurry image of what attack the ship. “Can you tell me what that is?” Heero asked.
“Hmm, it's a purple shuttle, but that's an older model, a little behind my time.” Mac said.
“How far behind your time?”
“About twenty years”
“Hmmm.”
“What?” Mac asked.
“Well how did something twenty years behind your time get to my time when you can't even travel through time?” Heero questioned.
“I don't know-“ Mac was interrupted by his watch.
“It appears to have an unusual marking on its side; perhaps it's more advanced than a mere shuttle from the 1980's” K.I.T.T. remarked.
“Yeah it does.” Mac said. “Speaking of the `80's, what is that?” Mac said pointing to the item he examined earlier.
“That is the Flux Capacitor.” T.J. said.
“Let me guess that's what makes time travel possible. And I thought that was only from a movie, guess I should have known.” Mac said.
“Yeah, given what we have here, I can rebuild the ship, but I need some plans to work off of and the ship's computers a fried.” T.J. said.
“Perhaps I can help.” K.I.T.T. said.
“How?” T.J. asked.
“I have the plans for a B-17 Flying Fortress in my database. You could model the new ship after that.” K.I.T.T. said.
“Yeah sure that would work.” T.J. said.
“Hold on, before you try to fix this puppy up, let me go get the others, you'll need protection.” Mac said.
“Protection from what?” Qautre asked.
“Demons.” Mac replied and left to get the rest of the group. When he got back to camp he could hear Inuyasha and Kagome arguing again.
“Inuyasha, you're such a jerk!” Kagome yelled.
“Just answer my question, are you seeing anyone or not?” the half -demon screamed back.
“Why do you care anyway?”
“I want to know, it's my business.” Mac walked up next to Sango and Miroku.
“They're going at it again, what's it over this time?” he asked.
“Inuyasha thinks that Kagome is cheating on him with some other guy to get back at him for seeing Kikyo” Sango explained.
“I've never seen them fight this intensely before.” Miroku said.
“Ah, but I thought Kikyo was dead, old wounds huh?” Mac replied and cleared his throat.
“Alright you really want to know, Inuyasha, I have.” what Kagome had just said shocked everyone. “Yes that's right Inuyasha I've been seeing Mac.” with that said Kagome walked right over to Mac, leaned up, and kissed him on the lips then whispered in his ear “Play along.” Mac got the message and to play along he hugged Kagome.
“What?” everyone other than Mac and Kagome couldn't believe what had just taken place.
“Uh, yeah, we've been seeing each other, in privately of course; we didn't want Inuyasha to know. But I guess you caught us, the cats out of the bag.” Mac said.
`Huh, who would have thought those two, and right under our noses. Although, those two have been hanging around each other a lot, going off in private too. Although I cold have sworn MacGyver hit on me the other night' Sango thought to herself, a little disheartened.
“Well, what are we going to do now that everyone knows about our secret little love life?” Mac asked Kagome looking down at her.
“Well I guess we'll just have to stop seeing each other, I'm sorry MacGyver.” Kagome said, with a hint of sadness in her voice.
“Yeah, me too, darn, and we had such a good time together.” Mac said playing things up big time. Needless to say Inuyasha was not only shocked but rather angry.
“Why you little!” Inuyasha began when Kagome stepped in saying,
“Ah, ah, ah, Inuyasha, if you kill him, I won't let you keep the jewel, and I'll go back to my time and take Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara with me.”
“Oh and what am I? Chopper liver?” K.I.T.T. asked.
“Oh sorry K.I.T.T., we'd take you with us too.” Kagome replied, so as not to make the miniature computer fell left out.
“That's more like it.” K.I.T.T. said.
“Uh yeah, you know, you don't really wanna kill me. You know, I'm useful, I can make weapons and repairs to weapons with common objects.” Mac said making himself a case against Inuyasha.
“Fine, but no more seeing Kagome.” Inuyasha said hoping to control poor Kagome as always.
“Deal. Oh uh we probably should go to the ship, I kinda left those pilots without protection.” Mac said.
“Great, now we'll have six dead humans from the future on our hands.” Inuyasha said and the group departed. When they arrived at the crash site the Time Splitter had already been rebuilt. T.J. had memorized the plans for the B-17 when K.I.T.T. first showed them to him.
“Finished.” He said, triumphantly.
“It's time for us to get home, and get this thing working properly again.” Heero said and bordered the ship.
“Yeah we should get goin' nice meetin' ya!” Duo said and got on the ship. Each of the other Gundam pilots did the same until the only one left was T.J. Suddenly, the wind began to pick up great speed and a purple shuttle craft flew in low.
“That's Astrotrain! He's the one I saw on your monitor! He attacked you!” Mac yelled at T.J. over the wind. The engines on the Time Splitter revved up, but before T.J. could get there Astrotrain sucked him in a tractor beam just after the shuttle took off.
“Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiii!” were his last words as he was sucked up. Astrotrain then blasted off towards the atmosphere. A pink portal opened up and he went through, off to his own time. Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kirara, K.I.T.T., and Mac stood there in shock at what had just happened.