Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Tourniquet ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tourniquet
Starring:
Inuyasha
Kagome
Miroku
Sango
Shippo
Kirara
Guest Starring:
Mac
William Daniels as the voice of K.I.T.T.
Burt Gummer (not from Tremors)
Harry Wolman
Disclaimer: I don't own anything other than the characters Mac, Burt Gummer (not the one from Tremors), and Harry Wolman.
Mac stood in a small metal structure. He has constructed it from what was left of the Gundam Pilot's time vehicle. It looked like a broken down, old lean-to. He still had a sling on from the injury he received from Kagome's arrow. He had put together something that resembled a rocket pack.
“Hey Mac, whatcha doin'?” Shippo asked as he bounced in.
“I'm making a rocket pack.” Mac replied.
“What's a rocket pack?” Shippo asked.
“It's a thing you put on your back that allows you to fly.” Mac replied and crouched down to the little fox demon “You see, Shippo, humans can't fly like demons, but if this works, I might just be able to.” He patted Shippo on the head.
“Oh, ok.” Shippo said and went out. Mac slung the pack on his back.
“Hey Sango, you wanna do me a favor?” He called out.
“Sure Mac what is it?” Sango replied.
“Can you and Kirara fly up there on the far side of the mountain?”
“Sure what for?”
“I'm going to test this thing I built. I'm going to get up to the slope and I'll fly out to you on it.”
“Alright, let's go Kirara.” Sango said and Kirara transformed. They flew up and waited. Mac took the climbing gear he made and quickly got to the vertical side of the mountain. He soon got to the position he needed to be in. Sango was watching Mac climb and she got so distracted she fell off Kirara. She let out a scream as she fell.
“Sango!” Miroku yelled.
“Oh no she's falling.” Kagome said.
“Great now what?” Inuyasha asked, just a touch worried.
“Oh, I can't watch!” Shippo said. Mac looked up and saw her fall off. He jumped off the mountain and pulled a cord on the pack. It clanged and banged and made smoke, but it allowed Mac to fly. He descended towards Sango. After several second he caught up to her and caught her bridal style. Suddenly they were very close to the tree line and dipped below it. The pack caught on a branch and suspended both Mac and Sango. Mac slowly slipped on arm out of a strap and held onto it. He then slipped the other arm out of it while still holding onto Sango. He swung himself back and forth until he was at a good enough momentum and let go. They landed on the edge of a spring. Mac and Sango lied on the ground face down for a second. Mac looked up and saw the pack swing loose from the branch it was on. He covered Sango's head with his arm as it plummeted into the spring. It violently sparked and then exploded.
“Thanks.” Sango said.
“No problem.” Mac replied.
Later that evening Mac pulled Kagome aside to tell her something.
“Kagome, I've got to tell you something,” Mac began
“What is it?” Kagome asked concerned.
“When Sango fell today, and I jumped to get her, I saw something beyond the mountain on the ground. It was decently sized and…” Mac trailed off
“And what?” Kagome pressed
“It was colored black and grey.” He finished. Kagome gasped.
“You don't think it's-“
“Yes I do. I want to go check it out and see if I'm right, or just paranoid.”
“Ok, but what if you're right? How will you make it back?”
“I'll be fine, don't forget I had to square off with an indestructible semi-truck for five days, with no help.”
“That's not entirely true.” K.I.T.T. piped in.
“Oh yeah I forgot you were with me. Well you're going with me again, so I don't think Kagome has much to worry about.” Mac said to K.I.T.T. looking at his loyal watch.
“Don't worry Kagome, Mac is safe with me.” K.I.T.T. said.
“I won't. Just be safe.” Kagome said.
“I will, see you in four days.” Mac said and he and K.I.T.T. went off in search of Mac's mystery object.
The next two and a half days were uneventful. Everyone was waiting for Mac to return with news of the mystery object. The third day was quiet again, but as night fell, Kagome went to look for fire wood. A scream rang through the forest. The gang sprang into action in no time. They found Kagome in a clearing held by a large fat teenage boy. He had four smaller demon companions with him, and he had a black metal object held to Kagome's head.
“Alright, hand me the jewel shards now!” he said in a cool voice.
“Why should we?” Sango sneered.
“Because, if you don't I'll blow your friends head clear off.” he said annoyance and anger in his voice. He was very immature in his actions and the way he handled himself.
“Perhaps we can negotiate a truce.” Miroku offered.
“Oh, no there won't be any truce.” The boy said.
“You let her go or I'll kill you and your friends.” Inuyasha warned.
“Oh really? Um I don't think so.” He said. The four demons circled around the group so that two were behind the boy and the other two were behind Inuyasha and the gang. Two loud booms rang through the clearing causing everyone to flinch. The two demons behind Inuyasha and the group fell over dead.
“Freeze fat ass! Or I'll make sure they don't find all the pieces.” Burt Gummer stepped from the shadows, holding his Grizzly Big Boar to his shoulder.
“Um, who are you?” the oversized boy asked.
“The name's Gummer, Burt Gummer. Now let my friends go, or I will follow through with my previous claim.” Burt said calmly. Suddenly the wind kicked up violently and lights shined in on the clearing, illuminating everything. Everyone raised their arms to their foreheads to shield their eyes from the light and dust. Kagome took this chance to run to Inuyasha. There was an unusual growling noise coming from the area where the lights were shining down from. The dirt around the boy shot up in a circle around him and his two remaining companions. Then it began to explode right at the two demons making loud noises as it went. They looked like deer in the headlights when the ground caught up with them and they disappeared in a cloud of dirt and a small flash of light, torn apart. The wind began to die down and lights dimmed. An animalistic scream rang through the air and the mysterious defender was gone.
The following morning Burt inspected the holes left by whatever attacked the boy and his companions.
“These are fifty caliber bullet holes, but there's nothing here that can fire fifty caliber bullets, right?” Burt said looking between Kagome and the hole he was crouched by. “Right?”
“I don't…know.” Kagome said, doubt and worry in her voice. As the group ate lunch in the same spot they had for the last four days a familiar animalistic scream was heard, the same scream they heard the previous night. A black helicopter with a grey underbelly zoomed around the mountain and hovered several feet above the ground, nose slightly title skyward.
“Ha ha ha ha ha! You guys should see the looks on your faces.” Came Mac's voice over a loud speaker.
“That's not funny Mac!” Kagome called
“Sorry, I didn't mean to scare the pee out of you guys.” Mac said. He landed the black chopper and got out.
“What the hell is that thing?” Inuyasha asked.
“It's called a helicopter.” Mac said proudly.
“What's a helicopter?” Shippo asked.
“Uh, well you see, that is to say, umm, Kagome you wanna explain this?” Mac said, stumbling over his words.
“Well you se Shippo, it lets us humans fly by riding in it.” Kagome explained.
“Oh, can I ride in it?” he asked.
“Not right now, Shippo, but maybe in a-“ Mac was cut off by a second chopper zooming overhead. It looked like the one Mac had, but the second had a red nose and white underbelly.
“You've got another one of those things?” Miroku asked
“No, that's not mine.” Mac said `What in the world is Redwolf doing here? I thought it was weird enough to find Airwolf, but Redwolf too? It was supposedly destroyed by Airwolf so how is it here?' Mac thought.
“Mac, why is there another one of those machines here?” Sango asked.
“I don't know. Ok everybody get back.” Mac said and got into Airwolf.
“Wait for me!” Kagome said and she jumped in too.
“What are you doing?” Mac asked
“I'm helping you, you need a co-pilot.” Kagome replied.
“I can handle this by myself.”
“I'm not getting out.” Kagome was already seated in the rear seat, quickly studying the computer and buttons back there. “Ok I've got this figured out, let's go.” She said confidently. Mac didn't say anything but lifted off. The two helicopters faced each other.
“Weeell, looks like we're um, we're um facing each other again.” It was the kid from the forest. Mac looked into the cockpit of the other chopper. He knew who it was.
“Harry Wolman, why don't you just land that chopper, crawl under a rock, and die?” Mac commented.
“You know that guy?” Kagome asked.
“Yeah he's an old classmate of mine. Dumber than a box of rocks, with a vocabulary to match. He told some wild stories when he went to my school. Nobody believed him thought, because his stories were too far fetched, like he had 15 brothers and sisters and that he was married in Hawaii in the 7th grade. We were all glad to see him go.” Mac said.
“I'm gonna take you out.” Harry said. He flipped some switches on the panel in front of him. A compartment opened on the belly of his chopper and a missile launcher dropped down.
“Ok, give me all four chain guns, and the ADF Pod.” Mac ordered. Kagome pressed some buttons and the two pods on either side of the chopper extended. Two chain guns came forward from the pods. A compartment on the belly of the chopper slid back and a pod with three missile launchers dropped down. The two choppers charged at each other. Harry and Redwolf passed over Mac and Kagome in Airwolf. Airwolf banked and quickly followed it.
“Give me both engines.” Mac ordered. Kagome pushed a lever up. Airwolf lurched forward and was on Redwolf's tail. They two choppers were chasing each other at Mach 1. Mac pulled the trigger on the joy stick and Airwolf fired its chain guns at Redwolf. The bounced off of Redwolf's armor. Harry pulled upwards and got behind Airwolf. He fired his own chain guns at Mac. They too bounced off of Airwolf's armor. Harry activated the special laser in Redwolf's nose. He pressed a button on the upper part of the joystick. The laser fired and missed, blowing up a bridge in a fiery explosion. Harry then pressed another button on his joystick and fired a missile at Airwolf.
“Pop a sunburst.” Mac said. Kagome pressed a button and a small launcher came out of Airwolf's side. A brightly glowing flare popped out. The missile impacted with it and exploded. Harry fired another missile. This one hit the mountain.
“Harry, give it up, you're worse than a wound that needs a tourniquet. Now land that chopper.” Mac said over his loud speaker.
“Um if you want it, um you've got to come and get it.” Harry retorted. Airwolf suddenly pulled up. Harry looked around but lost sight of it. Airwolf came up behind him. As Redwolf began to bank Airwolf fired a missile. The missile impacted with Redwolf just below the tail. It exploded in a fiery ball of flames.
Mac took Airwolf to a safe place to hide, so no one would find it, and he could come and get it if the need be. That night at camp the discussion was interesting.
“So this Harry Wolman was an idiot? Yet he learned to fly a helicopter. That's just amazing.” Burt said.
“Yeah I know crazy isn't it?” Mac replied.
“Sure is. Say, what did you do with you chopper anyway Mac?” Kagome asked. A chorus of `yeas' arose.
“It's safe.” Mac replied.
“What do you mean it's safe?” Inuyasha questioned.
“I mean what I say. It's safe.” Mac replied. They continued to question him through the rest of the evening, but Mac never said a word as to Airwolf's location.