Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ All Good Things...part I: Requiem ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own the story, and the characters of Mac, Starkaro, and Cue. That's it. That's all. Nothing else ok!
All Good Things…. part I- Requiem
Starring:
Inuyasha
Kagome
Miroku
Sango
Shippo
Kirara
Kaede
Guest Starring:
Mac
William Daniels as the voice of K.I.T.T.
Starscream's Ghost as Starkaro
Special Guest Star:
John De Lancie as the voice of Cue
The skies were clear, the birds were chirping, everything was beautiful in Feudal Japan. Kagome and Sango were preparing a nice lunch while Miroku, Shippo, Mac, and his talking watch K.I.T.T. swapped stories. Inuyasha relaxed in his tree, sleeping.
“Lunch is ready!” Kagome exclaimed. Everyone gathered around for a good meal and chit chat on their move.
“So what is the plan?” Mac asked
“Considering that things have quieted down for a little while, perhaps we should make a decision on what to do with the Shikon Jewel.” Miroku said.
“That's what worries me too; it's been a little too quite and peaceful lately for my taste. It's like something's brewing, the calm before the storm.” Mac replied.
“Hmm you do raise a good point Mac, maybe something is up.” Sango said.
“Feh, you worry too much.” Inuyasha injected his two cents into the conversation.
“We'll see.” Mac replied. Starkaro watched them from the bushes, deciding now was a good of a time as any to appear.
“I can see everyone is doing well in my absence.” Starkaro said in his high pitched voice.
“Hey look, it's Starkaro.” Kagome said.
“Feh.” Inuyasha commented.
“Join us won't you?” Sango asked of him
“I suppose I will.” Starkaro said and sat down with the group. After much swapping of more stories they had gone into Kaede's hut. It wasn't very late in the afternoon when the skies became an eerie red. Lightning crawled across it followed by large thunder strikes, yet no rain accompanied either. Another bolt of lightning and thunder came and an unusual voice began to chant. It was distinctly a man's voice, but it seemed to come from nowhere, and yet everywhere.
“Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble,
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake:
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of pow'rful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble!” the voice chanted.
“He's quoting Macbeth.” K.I.T.T. pointed out.
“Who's Macbeth?” Inuyasha asked.
“It's not a who, but a what. It's a play.” Mac explained, before K.I.T.T. got into one of his long spiels. Inuyasha and the others nodded.
“Prepare thy sword, Inuyasha, I sense foul play here.” Kaede instructed. Inuyasha just snorted. Inuyasha led the group outside. No one was around for miles. Lightning crawled across the sky again and thunder grumbled in the distance. They walked several feet away from the hut and out into the open. There was a flash of light and a man, who appeared to be human, stood on the opposite side of the field they were facing.
“Who are you?” Inuyasha demanded.
“Bubble, bubble toil and trouble.” The man responded.
“I guess we know who was saying that.” Kagome said from behind Inuyasha.
“You got a name? Or do we just call you the Bubble Man?” Mac asked, stepping forward.
“Ah yes! There's that wit of yours I like so much. You know that's part of the reason I chose you to be the other human from the future.” The man responded.
“You didn't answer my question.”
“Well if you must know my name is Cue.”
“Q? Like the letter?” Sango asked
“No Cue, as in that's my cue.”
“What do you want?” Miroku asked.
“Ah yes the eternal question you ask your foes. I have come to explain some things for you, clarify some situations, and give you one final test.” Cue replied. The group exchanged curious looks. Starkaro was getting fed up already, and it was showing.
“Start explaining pathetic Earth creature!” he called out.
“I am no pathetic Earth creature as you call them. I am sort of an intergalactic being, a shape shifter. You see I like to toy around with things. I found your situation the most interesting, Inuyasha. When I saw you and Kikyo, I wondered what you would do if you betrayed each other. So I convinced Naraku to make you two betray each other. Really you were supposed to have both died. I hadn't counted on Kagome's interference.” Cue explained
“How do you know our names?” Kagome asked stepping out from behind her half demon shield.
“Well I've watched you from the stars for quite sometime. You know it was me that caused Starkaro's war so many eons before mankind. It was also me who caused his ship to crash here and force him to get a new body. I am the reason Naraku tricked the demon slayers into getting killed. I was also the one who made Miroku's grandfather fight Naraku, thus giving his family the hole in their right hand. And yes I even convinced the thunder brothers to kill your parents Shippo.” Cue looked to each one, seeing the impact this was making. Shippo was speechless and crying into Kagome's chest. He had hopped up there so he could get a better view.
“Why'd you have to go and do that?” Kagome questioned again, becoming angry.
“You see everything turned out as I had planned, until you all came together. That was something I hadn't meant to happen. It did make things more interesting though. After you completed the jewel, I thought I would intervene again. I was the one who brought both Mac and Burt Gummer here. I was the one who put K.I.T.T. in the watch. I even brought Goliath, K.A.R.R. and Murdoc here. Oh by the way, you may want to watch, the assassin who never dies might be back this way soon.”
“You're awfully full of yourself aren't you?” Mac snapped
“Please, if it weren't for me you and Gummer would have never been able to fight that mutant. You wouldn't have had any fun in Airwolf without me either. You know it wasn't easy to convince Astrotrain to follow the Gundam Pilots here either. Don't look so shocked, you should be glad I brought you all together didn't I?” Cue replied.
“I've just about had it with you!” Starkaro yelled
“Now there's no need for raised voices. I have come to tell you I've been putting you through all this because something big is about to happen to all of you. I wanted to know that you were prepared. I still have to test you one final time. If you pass, then you will be ready if not, then in the coming storm that approaches you, you will all surely die.” Cue said.
“I've had it!” Starkaro yelled he ran at Cue, preparing to strike him down. Cue pointed a finger at Starkaro and instantly he began to turn to stone where he stood. “What's happening to me? I'll get you for th-“ Starkaro utter his last words as he was turned into a stone statue in mid run. Everyone was shocked.
“You didn't have to do that you know!” Kagome said indignant.
“His troubles are over, and yours will be too if your friends don't fail you.” Cue said. He brought his hands to his mouth and acted like he was blowing into them. A dart flew from them and into Kagome's neck. She pressed her hand to her neck and the dart fell out. Inuyasha and Mac quickly grabbed her as she fell unconscious.
“You have two days to find out what's wrong with her and cure her. If you don't she'll be dead.” Cue said with a smirk.
“You bastard!” Inuyasha ran at Cue but he disappeared in a flash of light.
Kagome was moved inside the hut. Kaede was baffled as to what the poison was. K.I.T.T. scanned her.
“I detect a large amount of potassium permanganate, chemical formula: KMnO4.”
“Great.” Mac said, he knew of the poison.
“She's been injected with a lethal dose; she will die in les than forty-eight hours unless a cure can be found. “ K.I.T.T. continued.
“What do we need to cure her?” Miroku asked
“It can't be obtained in this time period. Many of the ingredients we need are not indigenous to this region or country.” K.I.T.T. said. The groups hopes had faded.
“There is a way. Inuyasha you said you and Kagome could travel through the well. Maybe if I had some jewel shards I could too.” Mac said.
“I dunno if that will work or not.” Inuyasha replied worriedly.
“It's worth a shot isn't it? If I can't then maybe we can substitute certain ingredients not found here with things that are here that have the same stuff in them. I'm not going to let her die. I know none of you in this room will.” Mac said. They all nodded and agreed. They took Mac and K.I.T.T. to the well.
“I offer you a blessing.” Miroku said. Mac nodded, accepting it.
“Be quick ok?” Shippo said.
“I will.” Mac replied.
“Here, ye will want this.” Kaede said handing him a list he had almost forgotten. Mac quickly stuffed it in his pocket. “Make good speed child.”
Sango came up to him and kissed him on the cheek.
“For good luck.” She said. Mac blushed slightly.
“Are you ready kid?” Inuyasha asked.
“Yeah.” Mac said visibly nervous.
“Ok we're all countin' on ya.” Inuyasha said handing him the jewel. Mac jumped down the well and into the future.
To Be Continued