Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ All Good Things...part II: End Game ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Previously on Inuyasha: Starkaro rejoined the group after a long absence. While catching up they are attacked by a strange intergalactic being called Cue. Cue explained to the gang the reason behind things, and Starkaro attacked him. Cue froze Starkaro and poisoned Kagome as a final test. Now Mac and K.I.T.T. must save the day by traveling through the well to get the necessary medical supplies as we begin the final part of Inuyasha: All Good Things…
Disclaimer: I own the plot and the characters Cue and Mac. That doesn't mean I can't have famous actors play their voices, so there! Onwards to the story.
All Good Things…. part II- Endgame
Starring:
Inuyasha
Kagome
Miroku
Sango
Shippo
Kirara
Kaede
Guest Starring:
Mac
William Daniels as the voice of K.I.T.T.
Special Guest Star:
John De Lancie as the voice of Cue
Inuyasha and the gang watched as Mac disappeared. They all feared for both his and Kagome's safety. They had heard stories from Kagome of how dangerous Tokyo was.
“Inuyasha, there is nothing more ye can do. It is best ye all come with me and rest awhile.” Kaede said.
“Yeah, whatever.” Inuyasha replied.
“Inuyasha, we all fear for Kagome, this is a delicate situation after all.” Miroku hoped to comfort him.
“Yeah I know that why don't ya lay off me!” Inuyasha exploded and stormed off to the hut, leaving behind a shocked Kaede, Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara.
“I've never seen him act like that before.” Sango said.
“It goes to show he really does care about Kagome.” Miroku replied and they trudged off after him.
Mac climbed out of the well and looked around the little well house.
“Mac we have no time to waste looking at well houses.” K.I.T.T. scolded.
“Right let's go.” Mac said. He exited the building and went to the main house. After explaining to Kagome's family what was going on they quickly gave him the money he would need to get the supplies to save Kagome's life. Mac raced down to the supermarket. After walking around, familiarizing himself with the place, he had gotten some of the things he needed. The store didn't carry everything he needed so he checked out and raced to the next one. After store hoping for some time it was getting late. Mac had found a store he thought would have what he needed for sure. They were a pretty large place and seemed to carry everything, including a Swiss Army Knife like the one he had. Gunshots rang out and three men in black ski masks walked in.
“A robbery, perfect.” Mac said.
“A robbery is not perfect, Mac. Nothing is perfect.” K.I.T.T. reminded him. Mac was towards the back of the store and wasn't noticed. He grabbed a fire extinguisher that was on the end of one of the shelves, a nearby shopping cart, some duct tape and a sledge hammer.
“This store really does have everything.” Mac said in a quieted voice.
“Mac we are in the hardware department. They carry items that can be used to thwart a robbery.” K.I.T.T. replied. Mac snorted and began to work. He fastened the fire extinguisher to the bottom tack of the shopping cart with duct tape. He positioned the cart on the very edge of the aisle way so that he was not seen. He took a nearby wrench and tossed it down the aisle to attract a nearby thief's attention.
“Go see what that was.” The leader ordered. One of the men walked down the aisle. Mac saw his chance and hit the fire extinguisher's nozzle with the sledge hammer. It went off like a rocket and slammed into the man. The would-be-thief grabbed hold of the cart and was propelled backwards into one of the checkout registers, knocking him unconscious.
Mac quickly grabbed a large metal pipe and hid behind a rack of doughnuts.
“We have an intruder, find him!” the leader ordered the second man. As he patrolled the aisles' he didn't see anything. When he was out of the leader's line of sight, Mac hit him over the head.
“Two down and one to go.” Mac whispered to K.I.T.T. He dragged the two men to the bathrooms' and tied their hands and legs together using their belts. He knew what to do to the last one. He got another shopping cart and filed the top rack with various items. He then got a hot water bottle and filled it with some spices and pepper. Next he put in some baking soda and finally vinegar. The red rubbery bottle began to swell. He dug his knife out and pulled the reamer tool out. He put it in his fist with the reamer sticking out between two of his fingers. He pushed the cart to the front of the store. As soon as the leader saw him he was on top of Mac in a second.
“You there! Stay where you are and empty your pockets.”
“Hey I got nothing in `em man.” Mac replied. The leader got up close to him.
“He's right he's got nothing in his pockets.” K.I.T.T. said.
“Hey what the?” The leader was shocked at the talking watch. As soon as he let his guard down Mac punched the water bottle and it sent the pepper spray into the leader's eyes. Mac then punched him out with a right hook to the head. After talking with police and getting things straightened around Mac was back at the shrine, but only half the list was complete.
The nest day Inuyasha and the others were now worried. Mac still hadn't come back and it was now down to about twelve hours.
“Inuyasha, stop pacing. It's not going to make him come back faster.” Miroku said. Inuyasha did not reply. He hadn't spoken to anyone since yesterday. They were all worried.
“Inuyasha, if ye do not stop thy pacing, it will be ye who replaces my floor when this matter is settled.” Kaede said.
“Feh. Whatever, granny.” Inuyasha replied and sat down.
Mac was back to store hoping again. Many were not open until noon or better and this impeded his search. Finally after several hours of searching the stores he had the completed list. After mixing them in the proper proportions into a drink, he returned to the Feudal Era.
“Mac we are down to minuets. We must hurry.” K.I.T.T. said. Mac ran as fast as he could, carrying his precious cargo. It hadn't seemed quite so far when he was chased by Goliath. Inuyasha caught his scent just as he entered the village. Mac burst through the door of the hut out of breathe. Immediately Kaede took the drink from him and gave it to Kagome.
“I hope I'm not too late.” Mac said before collapsing unconscious from exhaustion.
Two weeks later
A small shrine type box had been constructed at the top of the temple, where Kikyo's used to reside.
“There, all finished. It's about time she had a proper burial.” Miroku said to Inuyasha who was standing next to him. Sango, Shippo, Kirara, and Mac were gathered at the edge of the steps along with Kaede.
“Yeah it is.” Inuyasha replied.
“Hey, what's everyone looking at?” a feminine voice came from the bottom of the steps.
“Oh, just the new gravesite that's all. You know she deserved one as nice as that.” Mac replied.
“Yeah you're right, in her own time she did do good things.” replied the voice.
“Hey are you ready to go yet?” Inuyasha asked. Mac looked at the person.
“Well? Are you?” he asked
“Yeah of course I am. Oh and Inuyasha?” the girl asked.
“What now?” he asked annoyed.
“Sit boy!” Kagome said and he face planted.
“What was that for!”
“Because I haven't in two whole weeks.” The gang laughed. Suddenly lightning crawled across the sky again. A familiar voice rang out.
“Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble.” Cue said appearing in his usual flash of light. Everyone went tense and prepared to draw their weapons. “Oh relax I've come to tell you that you've passed my little test and that you are well prepared for the coming storm.”
“So that means you're going to leave us alone then right?” Mac asked
“Oh I suppose. I guess all good things must come to an end.” Cue replied. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. They walked down the steps and began to head off on their next adventure. “I will drop in to check on you from time to time.” Cue promised and vanished. Soon they were back on the trail again, looking for a answer as to what they should do with the completed Shikon Jewel.
A/N: That's all folks. Keep an eye out for a sequel coming soon!