Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ G-men ❯ New Destination ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Category: Yaoi, AU Gundam Wing
Pairings: 1x2, 3x4, 5+6
Warnings: shonen ai
Author: Arigatomina
Email: arigatoumina@hotmail.com

G-men

Part 19: New Destination

It happened so fast. Duo heard the quiet explosion as the silencer-equipped gun went off, then there was a rush of air and he was falling. It took his dazed mind a few seconds to realize Heero had shoved him off the bed and his eyes widened as he was held down. Over the Japanese boy's shoulder, he saw Relena's hand turn as she followed them, and she fired again, the bullets finding a resting spot in the boy hovering over him.

Holding his position in front of Duo, Heero was unable to rush the girl and he gritted his teeth as he was shot. There wasn't a choice, he had to wait until she ran out of bullets. This was his plan, but he sagged as his chest caught a blaze of pain, and his vision grew hazy.

He knew Heero took bullets often, but not at such a close range and Duo let out a cry as the dark-haired boy fell back on him. Wrapping his arms around the boy's waist, he turned invisible, whatever he was holding also unseen. The breathing he heard close to him sounded wet and he was certain the boy had taken a hit to the lungs, then he was diverted as he looked to the girl. She was still standing near the door, and her blue eyes were on the corner where they lay as she efficiently reloaded.

//She's going to kill him!//

* * *

Quatre stiffened suddenly, a fist clenched to his chest as he let out a keening cry. He bent forward for a second, but by the time Trowa had moved to his side, he was standing. "Something's wrong!"

* * *

"Duo's gone." Running towards the house, Zechs threw a wild gaze at the black-haired boy beside him. "I don't know what, but something's happened and he's not here anymore!"

* * *

"Heero?!" The two boys skidded to a halt, taking in the furious cobalt eyes as Heero stood in the doorway of his room. Glancing at Trowa, Quatre looked back to the Japanese boy in confusion. "What's going on?"

"Relena attacked us," Heero said, his eyes narrowed to slits as he gripped the gun tightly.

"Where's Duo?" Quatre's eyes were very wide when he took a step towards the boy, and he gasped when he was suddenly shoved to the side.

"No! That isn't Heero!" Trowa reeled against the wall as cobalt eyes narrowed at his words and the boy fired on him. He heard Quatre give a horrified cry, but his pain-fogged eyes stayed on what looked like their friend as Heero turned the gun towards the blonde boy.

* * *

An immensely confusing scene greeted them when Wufei and Zechs reached the hall and the white-haired man rushed to Quatre's side. He pushed the boy back as he quickly looked over Trowa's wound, blood soaking the dark turtleneck. Glancing to where Heero lay unconscious on the floor, he left the questions to Wufei as he hurried to heal the tall boy.

"What--"

"That's not Heero," Quatre said, his voice cold as his pale blue-green eyes glared at the boy lying on the floor. "I don't know who it is, but it's not him."

"What are you talking about?" Wufei demanded, his eyes moving from Trowa back to the blonde boy. Then he remembered what Zechs had said outside and his black eyes narrowed dangerously. "Where's Duo?"

"I...don't know." Quatre stepped over the body and glanced into the open bedroom, his eyes moving over the bloody floor before he turned back to the hall. "This person said Relena attacked them, then he shot Trowa. I knocked him out."

"Quatre?"

The blonde boy let out a shocked gasp and turned, his face paling as he saw Duo standing behind him. The longhaired boy was practically covered in blood, and his violet eyes were very wide. "Duo! What happened? What's going on?"

Duo shook his head as he grabbed the boy, looking him over quickly. "Relena's crazy, I don't--" His voice died off as he caught sight of the dark-haired boy lying on the carpet of the hallway and his mouth fell open. "Heero?!"

"It's not..." Trowa shook his head as he sat up slowly, his eyes burning from the pain of both the shot and the healing as he suddenly understood what the American had meant about the healing hurting as much as the injury. "That isn't Heero."

"No shit!" Duo cried, his eyes wide. "I left Heero at the church..." Groaning, he pressed his hands to his head as he looked at the four of them, "Damnit, I don't even know if I can go back and get him."

"You teleported," Wufei said in surprise, then his eyes widened. "With Heero? You took him with you?"

"Yeah, but don't ask me how or why the hell I ended up at the Maxwell church..." Staring down at the person who looked just like the Japanese boy, Duo shook his head suddenly. "I guess you guys didn't need my help after all. I'm going to try to get Heero."

The boy disappeared suddenly and the four looked at each other, then their gazes centered on the body. "Let's get him into the kitchen," Wufei murmured, glancing at Quatre. "Then we can find out what's going on here."

Lifting him, the black-haired boy blinked when his way was blocked suddenly. Then his eyes glinted as he saw how proud Duo looked, Heero's arm slung over his shoulders. "Are you all right, Heero?"

Nodding, the dark-haired boy's eyes were on the figure Wufei was carrying. "I'll heal, but who is that?"

"Can't you tell?" Zechs said, pushing open the kitchen door as he eyed the two boys with relief. "That's your double."

* * *

Having tied the captive, they let Quatre have the honors as the boy both woke the figure and forced him to return to his original form. Actually, it turned out to be *her* original form and none of them recognized the woman who sat before them. She had long brown hair that was caught up in two braids, each tied to the back of her head, and her eyes were the same color. She looked to be in her thirties at the latest, and she didn't seem at all afraid of what they might do to her, a smirk playing over her lips.

"Who are you?" Duo asked, his glare as biting as his voice.

The woman's smirk widened, but a carefully controlled thought from Quatre had her wincing suddenly. "Colonel Une of Treize Cushrenada's front line."

"What the hell?" Glancing at Zechs, Duo shook his head. "How did she get in here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" the white-haired man said, his guilt blatant as he glared down at his folded arms. "They must have used her instead of Relena. And *I* let her in, brought her into your safe-house..."

"What happened to Relena?" Quatre's eyes widened as he stared at the downcast man, and he glared at Une, suddenly more furious than before. "Tell me."

"She's still in the Sanq kingdom as far as I know," Une muttered, her eyes glinting in obvious hatred. "The fool never searched his *sister's* mind to make sure it was her. It wasn't."

"They must know where we are then," Heero said, his eyes narrowed as he looked to the others. "We have to move *now* before they attack us."

"What do we do with her?"

"Kill her." Quatre's face fell, but Heero didn't waver. "Whether she's a mutant or not, she's still a member of OZ. And she tried to kill us. Quatre, she tried to kill Trowa as well."

"I know..." the blonde boy whispered, "But she's one of us. It hurts."

"Maybe we don't have to kill her," Duo offered slowly, wincing when Heero's intense gaze was suddenly directed at him. "Well, if she can take the shape of *anyone*, then wouldn't it be a better idea to use her instead of just killing her?"

"I'd never work for you!" The words were barely spit out before Une growled and lowered her head as Quatre glared at her.

"You would do well to keep silent," the blonde boy said coldly, not forgetting the woman's attack on Trowa and his friends. "Can't you see that he's proposing something that will keep you alive? At least a little longer..."

"That's right," Duo said, his eyes on Heero as he tried to read the boy's expression. "The way I see it, if Quatre can control her than we can have her infiltrate a lot better than *we* ever could."

"It's a good plan," Quatre added, also turning to Heero. "I don't know what my range is since I've never controlled anyone much, but it wouldn't be too hard to find out. We shouldn't kill her out of hand, Heero."

"No," Wufei said suddenly, pushing away from the wall he'd been leaning against as he approached the table. "We should kill her. There's no reason to take the chance of her escaping later." Everyone looked at him in surprise, but he held up a finger over his mouth as he leaned over Duo, the boy's betrayed glare almost amusing him. When he was close enough that only the boy would hear, he whispered in his ear. "This place is probably bugged. We should take her and make our plans elsewhere." He was sure Heero must have either heard him somehow, or read his lips, because the dark-haired boy nodded sharply. As for the others, he knew they would either read his thoughts or those of Duo, who was now smiling at him. Straightening, he nodded to Une, satisfied by the way the woman's eyes widened suddenly as she realized her eminent death. "Heero, would you?"

When Heero pulled his gun, Une closed her eyes and tensed, then he fired and she slumped forward in her chair as the bullet lodged harmlessly in the wall over her shoulder. It didn't matter that she hadn't been hit, since Quatre had evidently knocked her out again, either that or she'd fainted but somehow Heero doubted that. The others were moving to gather what they could for their move, and no one objected when he got a sharp knife from one of the drawers in the kitchen. It was a simple thing to cut the woman's hand lightly, the blood then smeared onto the floor across from the wall, a bit pushed onto the bullet, which had lodged into one of the boards.

Quatre sighed as he returned to the kitchen, two filled bags slung over his shoulder. His eyes sparkled, but he managed to sound mournful. "I wish there was another way, I hate having done this."

"It's done," Heero said harshly, bending as he threw the limp woman over a shoulder. "Let's get rid of the body. OZ will never find it."

* * *

Since they didn't have any other safe-houses to move to, they decided to spend the night at a motel, and they were lucky enough to find one that was too busy to notice them. The evening found them gathered in one of the rooms, and Heero and Wufei had left Une tied in a corner, Quatre making certain she would continue to sleep. Once the door was shut behind them, Duo stepped to the bed near the closet and sat on it, crossing his legs under him.

"Well, what now? We can't stay *here*, not for long, anyway." He glared at the unconscious woman for a minute before sighing. "In fact, we probably shouldn't even stay in this *area*. I mean, if the safe-house *was* bugged, she probably managed to get a lot more information on us than OZ had before."

"Yes," Zechs said slowly, still furious at himself for having endangered them. "She went for a walk earlier today. I'm sure she was reporting to Treize. They might even have pictures of us."

"Oh." Duo blinked for a moment, then a smile came to his face as his eyes moved over the other boys. "That means you guys are just as 'wanted' as I am. Pretty neat being a celebrity, isn't it? Looks like we'll *all* have to hide, now."

"That means we can't let anyone see us," Quatre said slowly, leaning against Trowa. The tall boy was standing in the corner, and he was grateful to the strong arms that were wrapped around his waist as he realized how bleak things looked. "We have to find a place where no one is tied to OZ, where we won't be turned in even if someone *does* recognize us. But there isn't any place like that..."

"There's one that comes to mind," Zechs murmured. He didn't look up as he stared at the floor. "But I wouldn't blame you if you don't want to hear anymore of my ideas."

"Just stop it." Heero didn't blink until the tall man looked up and then he nodded sharply. "There's no point placing blame. Anyone could have thought to search her mind. No one did, though, so there's no point blaming yourself. She got past us, that's all there is to it. We just make certain it doesn't happen again."

"What was your idea?" Wufei asked, his eyes narrowed. "You're thinking about your country...aren't you." Zechs looked at him, and he knew he was right when the man flushed lightly.

"Yes. The Sanq Kingdom has always practiced pacifism. They wouldn't side with anyone and certainly not OZ. I can't think of a better place to seek refuge in."

"Wait-a-sec," Duo said quickly, staring at the white-haired man. "We can't go into a *pacifist* nation! Think of what we'd do to it."

"So long as we don't do any fighting *inside* the borders," Zechs said, shaking his head, "there shouldn't be a problem."

"And you want to see your sister." Quatre gave a small smile when the man raised an eyebrow and glanced down for a second. "I don't blame you at all. Actually, I'm glad you suggested it. The only place I could think of was at my...the Maguanac's base, and I'd hate to involve them."

"Weren't you kicked out of that nation?" Duo asked. He tried to keep his question gentle since he knew it was a touchy subject, but he could see as how that would create problems. "Would they really let you come back in?"

"The people may not realize I'm a mutant," Zechs said. It wasn't that he didn't see the way Duo was trying to be kind, but he knew that he'd have to put his own hesitations aside. "And Relena may not have changed as much as I feared. I think she would welcome us, even knowing we're mutants."

"You know something," Duo smiled, glancing around before looking back to Zechs. "You're coming in real handy. Just wanted you to know that."

"I...thank you." The tall man blinked for a moment, then flushed again as Wufei smirked at him.

"Then we go. It would be best to go soon, tomorrow." Trowa glanced at Heero for a second, then to Quatre. "Is there a reason to hesitate?"

"No."

"Okay, that's settled, but how are we going to get there?" Duo smirked and shrugged his shoulders. "I've only heard of the place in passing, but I figure it's pretty far away."

"It would only take eight hours by plane."

Duo glared at Zechs for a second, then frowned at him. "And what about me? Even if there aren't pictures of us all, mine are in every single airport. It's not like they're going to let you buy a seat if no one's going to be sitting in it."

"I can fly." Trowa's jaw tightened a bit when the longhaired boy shot him a dirty look, and his eyes narrowed. "I mean a plane," he said scathingly.

"There are a few of us who can fly a plane," Zechs agreed. A glance to Heero showed the Japanese boy nodding, and he met Duo's calmer gaze with a small smirk. "I'm sure Quatre could rent a private plane."

"I could buy one," the blonde boy smiled. "Then that's settled too. If we want to move early, we should probably sleep. But what about her?"

Following the boy's gesture, Heero's eyes narrowed. "The closet's big enough. We can put her in there for the night."

"That's cruel," Duo winced. "What if she's claustrophobic?"

"She isn't." Quatre shook his head. "If she was, you can be sure I would have objected. She may be our enemy, but that's no reason to lower to her level."

"Great," Duo smiled. Throwing his arms out, he suddenly plopped back on the bed, smiling as he closed his eyes. "I hereby claim this bed in the name of Shinigami."

"Duo, there are only two rooms," Wufei said with a smirk as the boy cracked open an eye to look at him. "You'll have to share."

"Oh, I planned to," Duo said smoothly, staring at Heero who straightened abruptly.

Wufei groaned lightly and turned so he could look at Trowa. "I can't share a room with those two, so you and Quatre will have to. Zechs and I can take the other room." It was evident that Zechs was relieved when the tall man let out a nearly silent breath. Trowa nodded slowly, and the Chinese boy smiled. He stepped to the door without another word, and he was followed closely by Zechs as he could see Heero moving Une into the closet. While he doubted Heero would have done anything with him in the room, he wouldn't put it past Duo and he just didn't want to hear that.

* * *

"I can hear you."

The sound of muffled giggles broke the silence, and Trowa was grateful to the darkness of the room as he didn't want to know what the two boys across from him were doing. Not that he didn't understand, but he wasn't interested in listening, especially when he couldn't do the same with them in the room. Sighing, he waited for a second before another giggle sounded. This time, he could feel Quatre move and he was briefly irritated that they'd woken him.

"Shouldn't you be getting some sleep?" the blonde boy asked, fighting his urge to look over at the other bed. He knew he wouldn't be able to see anything, but the urge was still there. "We have to get up early."

"T-tell th-that to Heero," Duo managed to get out amid giggles.

Quatre's eyes widened in his face and he sat up abruptly as he tried to imagine what the stoic boy could be doing not three feet from where he and Trowa lay. Then he felt Trowa's arm snake around his waist and he allowed himself to be pulled down for a kiss as he tried to drown out the muffled sounds. The noises were cut off abruptly, and he snuggled against the tall boy as he tried to sleep. Then there was a sharp hiss, and his eyes snapped open as both he and Trowa tensed.

"You bit me."

Choking at Heero's accusing tone, Trowa suddenly groaned and lifted his head, pulling his pillow down over his face as he nearly hid beneath it. His mind screamed at him that he didn't want to know, he didn't, really.

"Well, don't put your hand over my mouth," Duo retorted, his glare evident in his voice. "Besides, there are better ways of silencing me...."

With a groan equal to Trowa's, Quatre lifted the edge of the pillow, joining his tall lover beneath it. Promising himself to never share a room with the pair again, he did his best to sleep despite the distractions so nearby.

* * *
TBC