Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Don't Shoot the Messenger ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For summary/disclaimer/etc see first chapter.

AN Longer than the last one, this was hard to write, it took me forever, or at least it felt that way and I'm still not completely happy with it but this way I can start on the next chapter, this isn't going to be updated as often as Urgent Call as I had that one mostly written before I even started to post it, I will be trying to update fairly frequently though, at least once a week.

13x1

Chapter 2

Heero winced, flinching away from him and for a second Duo felt guilty at the expression on his friend's face, then Heero pulled violently out of Wufei's arms and lurched towards the bathroom, Duo sprinted after him, after hearing a particularly violent crash as Heero collided with a table in his haste to make it to the bathroom before throwing up.

Quatre winced as he heard the, now familiar, sounds of brutal retching drifting faintly through the wall, "Wufei, call Sally," he ordered.

Still pale from the scene they had walked in on and Heero's dramatic exit from the room Wufei nodded, almost shakily, and moved towards the secured vid-phone that Duo had slammed down, a few minutes ago, upon seeing the smashed screen he sighed and pulled out a slim cell phone, dialling a number he should have called a week ago.

###

Just over an hour later Sally Po pulled up outside the safehouse with a screech, thanking every god she could remember the name of, that she had at least been in the area to receive the call. According to the data given by Wufei, Heero Yuy had been violently ill every morning for at least a week and had started throwing up an hour ago, according to the latest call, less than ten minutes ago, he was showing no signs of stopping. Normally this would just have been classified as a simple bug but this was Heero Yuy. Considering it was him in this state she felt justified in abandoning any other prior commitments, sprinting into an unmarked van and driving halfway across the colony at speeds that would have put a gundam to shame.

The door opened for her and Quatre Winner's worried face came into view as he explained that the vomiting had slowed but Heero had collapsed from sheer exhaustion after trying to stand up.

"Have you any idea what it might be?" She asked, almost afraid of the answer, Quatre hesitated, he knew something or at least had a small idea, and it was plain from his face. "Quatre if you have any ideas I need to know."

"It might… it could… I think it may be something sexually transmitted…"

"What?!" She hadn't even known Heero knew what sex was. Besides who would he be sleeping with? The other pilots had hooked up together that she knew and she couldn't see him with Relena Peacecraft…

"Just… Just something J said," Upon seeing Sally's disbelieving face he explained reluctantly, "`bet you don't even know who did it do you? How many are you bending over and spreading your legs for you little slut?'"

An expression of disgust spread across Sally's face as she recalled the doctor and the urge to crush him with a mobile suit almost overcame her until she recalled that a patient was waiting for her.

"Thank you Quatre, she nearly bumped into Wufei as she turned round towards the room Quatre was indicating and she looked at him quizzically, looking for any more information he could give her.

"He's asleep, Maxwell and Barton are with him, you can go in Sally."

She looked around him through the door and almost flinched visibly at the sight of Heero Yuy looking so vulnerable, even at the hospital, the first time she met him, he had looked more in control than he did now and that time he hadn't been surrounded by two gundam pilots who looked at her with threats clear in their eyes, `hurt him and we'll kill you', `fix him or else'. She wasn't sure what was wrong with the pilot of 01 but she was reverently starting to pray that the pilots believed in not shooting the messenger.

###

Looking at the set of results she concluded that they couldn't possibly be correct however the second set of results she was holding said exactly the same thing, as did the third. What were the chances of three sets of results all being incorrect and all being identical? Not very high, she suspected, probably something in the region of one in a billion. Now all she had to figure out was how the hell Heero Yuy had managed to get himself knocked up. Well, if all else failed she could always ask him…

And that was how Sally Po found herself trying to explain to an uncomprehending Heero Yuy why she wanted him to go for an ultrasound scan. Finally she decided to just tell him.

"Heero according to the test results you're pregnant and I would really like to remove the possibility of this being viable before I start concentrating on anything else!"

Really, she mused, she should have delivered the news in a gentler way. Preferably one that didn't involve a fainting Heero Yuy and four gundam pilots bursting into the room a few seconds after. How the hell they knew something was wrong she had no idea, they all had too much respect for their friend to invade his privacy by eaves dropping, but she suspected it was somehow connected to the reason a swaying Quatre was being held upright by Trowa.

"What the hell did you do to him?" Duo sounded furious and normally she would have been running for cover but she had more important things to worry about.

"Quatre, do you have an estate near here?"

"Yes…but why?"

"Winner estates are usually equipped with a private hospital aren't they?"

"Yes," Quatre Winner the strategiser had come to the forefront and she could see him trying to come up with a way to transport an ill gundam pilot and five gundams to the estate without getting caught. "Yes…" he muttered again absent-mindedly as he moved out of the room pulling a cell phone out of his pocket and starting to dial a number.

Holding up a hand to forestall any questions she tried to placate the murderous expressions on the faces of the other three, she wasn't suicidal after all. "I can't say anything you know that, I can say that I don't believe it's life threatening but I can't make any promises however I do know that if you kill me, gentlemen, then there will be no one to take care of Heero or no one with sufficient medical training anyway. At least not in midwifery," she muttered the last sentence under her breath.

"Sally," she had never seen Duo look so lost before, "was Quatre right?"

"He might have been," she admitted grudgingly. Sexually transmitted indeed, if the data was right, then it was a pregnancy, she forced back a bitter laugh, now she just had to figure out how the hell Heero got himself into these messes, preferably without getting shot first.

TBC

AN Right, there's chapter 2, there probably wont be may updates for a while because I'm going on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks and I wont have internet access, I'm also not taking my laptop -sobs-, hopefully though I'll be writing on holiday so I'll have lots of updates when I come back, I'm not making any promises though.