Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Mission 1 - Find Heero's Boyfriend ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For disclaimer/rating/summary please see first chapter

AN Hope this chapter was worth the wait, please R&R

Chapter 3

Heero didn't say anything when he awoke, just looked at Sally, almost pleadingly, begging her to tell him that what she'd just said wasn't true, was impossible, that it was all a mistake. She couldn't give him any such reassurance though.

"Heero…" the voice was soft and gentle, not the sort of voice one usually uses with Heero 'perfect soldier' Yuy but he looked so alone, especially without his friends there, he looked so helpless lying there that she couldn't help it. "Heero, maybe it's time to call your lover hmm? If this is right, and I cant see any reason besides the obvious to doubt it, he'll probably want to know, to be here…"

She trailed off in astonishment at the look of pure pain that was quickly being removed from her patient's face. The break in his voice told her that he was far from regaining his composure though.

"I… I don't know where he is right now, I haven't seen him in a few weeks and even if I knew where he was… even if I did know, it wouldn't make a difference. I couldn't call him, he can't know, they can't know… they would kill me.

Towards the end she got the feeling that he's forgotten about her presence in the room and she was forced to remind herself that this was a soldier who had self-destructed rather than be captured, death before surrender, what had happened to him?

She didn't believe however that there was much that could damage the relationship and understanding that the five pilots had, it couldn't be that bad… could it?

"Maybe you should try calling him… talking to them…" She whispered softly, reaching over hesitantly. Almost stopping as she saw him try to cover a flinch as she rested a tentative hand on his shoulder. When nothing happened he relaxed slightly and turned back to the window beside the bed.

'I miss you…' He whispered silently. 'I miss you so much Treize, come back, don't leave me… please.'

###

'How can he think that we'll kill him? How can he think that?" The tone of Duo Maxwell's thoughts was one of complete disbelief. He hadn't been listening in, more walking past and happening to overhear and he knew that the words weren't meant for his ears but still… Whatever Heero had done couldn't possibly be that bad.

He knew where Heero was coming from though and, once again, he cursed J to the depths of hell and back for making his best friend believe so totally that that he wasn't worthy of others affection and that even the slightest mistake was grounds for abandonment or even execution.

'Heero…' He promised feverently, 'If you managed to find someone who you trust enough to care about and who understands you enough for you to love them then I don't care who they are, what they look like or what side they're on.'

Granted the chances of Heero finding someone on 'their side' to fall for ware pretty obsolete as 'their side' consisted of the pilots, Sally, the Maguanacs and (on occasion) Relena Peacecraft.

Suddenly his eyes narrowed as a thought struck him. Heero wouldn't have been stupid enough to fall for someone who was just interested in a one night stand or sex would he. Of course not, that idea was dismissed as quickly as it had arrived, Heero was smart enough to realise that that could seriously endanger the war but that meant…

His eyes brightened with the anticipation of not one but two missions to complete; Mission 1 - make Heero understand that we are not going to abandon him and Mission 2 - find out who he's seeing.

He highly doubted that, no matter how missing Heero's lover was, there were very few people that they couldn't find if the five of them were all looking together. He had to find out who he was looking for though.

Plan in mind, 'Determined Duo' came to the forefront and he practically bounced off to find the others.

###

Treize Khushrenada didn't turn away from the cell window as he heard his uncle enter, he knew who it was after all and sure enough a few minutes later his uncle's nasal voice rang round the room.

"Have you come to your senses yet Treize?" The question and the voice that accompanied it gave him a clear insight into what he had come close to becoming, he shuddered. Once again thanking his unlikely saviour for showing him what he was actually doing.

"I'm sorry but I cannot condone the use of mobile dolls as replacement soldiers. The deaths are what are remembered in a war and to remove them form the equation will only serve to make the battle cheap and meaningless.

"Very well, I'm sorry it came to this Treize but you leave me with no choice. I'm not going to threaten you Treize, I know you, you won't respond to threats, so I'm going to leave you here wondering what I'm going to do because when it happens you'll have no warning."

Treize forced himself to watch his uncle silently, he knew that Dermail was still hoping that he would come to his senses and that he wasn't going to be beaten until it was decided that there was no other option, the Duke couldn't put a broken, beaten body in front of Romefellar. Until then the mental torture of anticipation was going to be his only companion when he was left in the dark again with only a blackened cell window to stare at.

"Oh before I forget," Treize looked at his uncle again, "You wouldn't happen to know where that traitor Marquise is would you?"

Years of schooling was the only thing that kept Treize's surprise and delight from showing, Zechs was alright, or according to Dermail he was anyway, it was the only thing he had to hold onto after all, now he could only hope for the same for Lady Une.

"I didn't think so, it truly must grate Treize that he ran like the coward he is and left you here to rot."

Dermail smirked at his nephew, who was watching him with an expressionless face, then he turned and left the cell, Treize would crack soon, he was only human after all.

End Chapter 3

AN Sorry for the long wait but I was on holiday, hope it was worth the wait, I have some more chapters of this story that just need to be copied up and edited so it shouldn't be so long before the next chapter. Anyway please review.