Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Treize Khushrenada?! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN Please R&R

Disclaimer/Summary/Rating please see first chapter

Chapter Four

Out of habit and, what Lucrezia had always laughingly called, paranoia, Zechs Marquise feigned sleep for a few minutes more after waking. Sensing nothing too wrong and hearing the reassuring hum of engines in the background he concluded that if he was going to be killed he would probably would have been already and if he was going to be tortured for information he probably wouldn't have woken in a comfortable bed.

Forcing his tired, aching muscles to respond he swung his feet over the side and stepped off the bed. Wincing at the light that hurt his eyes as he opened the door he set off towards the muffled sound of voices.

He frowned as he approached the closed door from which the voices were being emitted, he was positive he recognised one of them… Of course, it hit him, Duo Maxwell, the bane of OZ, the executionee that wasn't and, more importantly, a close colleague of Heero Yuy.

He knocked politely on the door, despite the urge to rush in, and, almost instantly, heard the `enter' that floated through the thin glass pane.

His brow creased in thought as he looked at the man who was now watching him with a fixed, neutral, expression on his face, hadn't he once been associated with the five scientists?

"Yes?" The man probed when it became clear that he wasn't going to speak on his own.

"Oh… Of course… I was wondering if I could speak with Duo Maxwell please."

To his credit the man's face, Howard's his brain finally supplied him, didn't twitch. "Who?"

"I know you were on the vid phone to him a minute ago, I need to talk to him, I have some very important information for him… We actually I need to talk to Heero Yuy but I don't know how to get in contact with him.

He heard a sigh and then, "open the phone Howard, I might as well hear this, it's not like he can trace the call is it?"

Duo Maxwell didn't choke, didn't blink and didn't show any surprise as the screen was lifted, maybe he hadn't been the only one recognising voices. He couldn't say that the gundam pilot looked very pleased to see him though then again maybe that was only to be expected…

"Well, well, if it isn't the OZ traitor, if you think that just because you've seen the light that…"

"No!" He interjected quickly, effectively cutting off the talkative pilot. "I need to get a message to Heero Yuy, can you help me?"

"Depends don't it? What's the message? I mean, if it's something along the lines of `die sonofabitch die' or `I'll be back' or…"

"I need you to tell him that I know where *He* is and I need his help getting him out."

From the look on the young man's face he could practically see the young man putting two and two together.

"Howie can you give us five please?"

Without a word but with a worried glance to the pilot on the screen and a warning glare to him the man left the room.

"You know who his lover is." It wasn't a question but Zechs nodded anyway. "Gonna tell me who it is and what you meant about needing his help?" Zechs' expression said it all, "yeah, thought not. What if I said that I honestly didn't care who it is, I just wanna help whoever my buddy's fallen so hard for." Zechs hesitated, "aw come on, I run and hide but I never tell a lie remember?"

"I know and I honestly believe that you think you won't care but…"

"Ok, ok I get it, it really is that bad. Hey," Duo looked hurt, "Why's he tell you and not me? You walk in on them or something?"

A deep flush rose on his cheeks as he recalled the scene he unintentionally walked in on. "Yeah something like that."

"Tell ya what Zechsy, you seem trustworthy enough if you forget the whole trying to kill us thing but considering that you gotta sense of honour as big as Wufei's I'm gonna temporarily rule out this being some kind of trap and I'm gonna go out on a limb with this." His face turned so serious Zechs blinked just to make sure that it was still the same person on the screen. "If you honestly know who it is who makes Heero smile then… well, maybe I wont kill ya, you'll have to go through a lie detector first though…"

"But this is a vid-phone… it won't work through a vid-phone."

"Trust me this one'll work, this one's got blonde hair, blue eyes and an uncanny knack for being able to tall when someone's lying to him, in case you need another clue by the way it answers to Quatre Winner."

###

Thirty minutes, a quick truth test, a vow of secrecy from Quatre and several well timed puppy dog eyes later an unwilling Zechs Marquise was telling 02 and 04 who it was who Heero had been sleeping with.

"Treize Khushrenada?!" Duo's voice was getting louder and more high pitched by the second. "Heero's fucking Treize Khushrenada! That's the story you come up with, you expect me to believe that?! You said his lover was being held captive by OZ!!! In case you've forgotten Treize controls OZ. Since when does the head of OZ get held captive by his own soldiers?"

"In case *you've* forgotten OZ changed leaders last month and Treize hasn't been seen since."

"They said he was taking a holiday, for medical reasons, that…"

"And you believed them?! I've known Treize for as long as I can remember and I've never seen him with anything more serious than a cold, barring the bullet wounds of course. He's probably almost as fit as you are."

"So you're trying to tell us what?"

"Treize is being held captive by Duke Dermail for refusing to use the mobile dolls in place of soldiers. He's in prison in Luxembourg and as of yesterday is healthy, Dermail still thinks he might change his mind and come back to the fold so he can't do anything too drastic, that would not be good publicity. Heero's been sleeping with him and I would really, really like his help in Getting Treize out of there before…"

"No."

Zechs stopped, losing his place and his steam as Duo interrupted him. "No? No what?"

"Heero's not gonna help, he's not in a state suitable for him to be taking on missions right now." He hesitated, clearly wondering how much to say but upon seeing the concerned look on Zechs' face he reassured the man as much as he could. "It's not serious, at least I hope it isn't, there's a doctor here and he'll be fine in a couple of days but he is not going on a kamikaze rescue mission with the enemy." The concerned look hadn't abated and he found himself wondering how the hell Heero did it, the perfect soldier had to be the most wanted person in the solar system right now and he still had two of the top OZ brass wrapped round his little finger.

"Duo…" The level-headed blonde pilot broke into the conversation for the first time. "He's telling the truth and I think we should help."

It wasn't the first time Duo had looked at his friend with incredulous eyes and it wouldn't be the last, Duo found himself wondering if the blonde did those sort of things to purposely shock him. "You honestly think…"

Quatre swept on, ignoring his friend completely, "how long have they been together anyway?"

"I think about three months."

Quatre's eyes lit with understanding, "so that's why" he murmured softly before turning back to his friend. "Something interesting happened when you were on a mission with Heero three months ago didn't it?"

"Yeah…" the reluctant answer came. "Yeah, I told a joke and he laughed, scared the crap outta me I can tell ya, it wasn't the only time it happened either."

"And what happened three weeks ago, just after it was announced that Treize was taking a break from the career of world dictator?"

"Heero stopped smiling." Duo sighed, he knew when he was beaten. "We'll go together Zechsy, without telling Heero and no you aren't coming Q-Ball, you got enough to do and Trowa would kill me when you got back anyway. You're on Peacemillion right? With Howard," he explained upon seeing the look of confusion on the older blondes face. "Get your suit fixed up and I'll see you tomorrow in the hanger `round 10? Look, Zechs…"

Whatever Duo was going to say was interrupted by a shrill ringing sound. "About time," Quatre muttered softly as he pulled a slim cell phone out of his pocked and began to speak into the receiver, chattering away in Arabic.

Duo turned back to Zechs, "see ya tomorrow then, tell Howie I'll have a chin wag with him later. Chow," he waved cheekily at the screen at a bemused Zechs Marquise and terminated the connection.

End Chapter Four

AN Like?