Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Mission 2: Rescue Heero's Boyfriend ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's chapter 5, thanks so much for the reviews everyone and on another note I've got another 13x1 fic up, well the first chapter is anyway, please check that out and tell me what you think.

Summary/Rating/Disclaimer Please see first chappie.

Chapter 5

The first indication that Treize Khushrenada had that something was wrong was the frantic footsteps running and the frenzied shouts of the guards, though what they were saying he couldn't make out, the second sign was the roof of his cell being torn off by the giant hand that was attached to the Gundam Deathscythe. His first though was that he would be able to see Heero, his second was reality kicking in and reminding him that the pilot of 02 probably wasn't feeling too kindly toward him right now.

'At least now I can die by the hand of a worth opponent,' he thought, with surprising clarity considering the situation he found himself in, 'I just hope he lets me live long enough to get a message to Heero.' He didn't see the stray falling rock that smashed down onto his temple as the roof stones fell and crumbled and he didn't register the surprisingly gentle, metal hand that caught him as he fell.

He also missed the hissed exclamation of Duo Maxwell as the young pilot realised that he'd just cracked an, otherwise uninjured, former OZ leader on the head. The fact that said former OZ leader was also the Perfect Soldier's lover did not make the situation any better.

###

"Shit…" The braided pilot muttered miserably, "Hee-chan's really gonna kill me for this."

"You find him?" The question came out of the comm. system and he jumped, almost having forgotten that the ex-Specials officer was there. The concern in the voice surprised the American until he remembered that this was Treize Khushrenada's best friend.

"Yeah I found him, he's unconscious but looks to be uninjured apart from a head wound. I'm getting him out, blow the base and destroy all evidence but leave a carrier shuttle and a launch station."

"You're planning to launch from here?!"

"Well how did you think we were getting out? It doesn't matter if they trace us cos I'll employ Scythe's radarjammers, if I work 'em just right they'll include the carrier too, they'll lose the heat trace in space anyway so…"

"Roger that." With that the comm. system blinked out.

Violet eyes then turned to the ex-general, "he's really that important to you Treize? You can't tell me that six months ago if someone had handed you an easier way to win the war you wouldn't have taken it and that's exactly what the mobile dolls were. Now though you also knew that if you did take it Heero would never forgive you, you gave up your dreams for him, a child terrorist without even a real name. Guess love can make you do strange things huh?

With that he covered the body protectively with the other hand of his gundam, no sense in getting him out in one piece then letting him get torn to shreds by flying shrapnel. When he deemed himself a safe distance from the base he settled back to watch the fireworks.

###

When Treize awoke the first thing he was aware of was the pain that was being emitted from his head, the second was warmth, for the first time in a week he actually felt warm.

Careful, calloused hands were gently cleaning his face, none of his or his uncle's soldiers had hands that small… "H'ro?" He mumbled hoarsely. He realised his mistake as the hands were jerked away sharply and a startled gasp was heard from above him, he forced his eyes open, almost dreading to find out just how large the mistake he'd just made was.

The shocked violet eyes of the Deathscythe pilot came into view fuzzily and realised in horror what he'd just done. God, Heero! He'd just signed his lover's death warrant. Absently he noticed that the red, sticky liquid he could see dripping down the teenagers fingers was blood, more specifically his own.

The shocked expression vanished though, replaced by a, more characteristic, cocky grin, "looks like Zechsy boy was telling the truth after all, who'da thought it? Treize Khushrenada and Heero Yuy."

The panic on Treize's face must have shown through though as the eyes watching him smiled in mirth and he was quickly reassured by one of the most unlikely people. "Don't worry I'm not gonna kill ya and your lover boy's okay as well."

Treize blinked, slightly reassured but now even more confused than he had been before. Why couldn't his life be normal? It said something when the theme tune from that pre-colony science fiction show that Zechs liked to watch wouldn't seem out of place in his life, what was it called again? The Twilight Zone? Duo was still talking though and he forced himself to focus.

"Zechs got out fine and is in fact piloting this fine machine. I happen to know, however, that he hasn't slept in around twenty four hours, so I'm not entirely sure that letting him pilot this shuttle was the best decision I've ever made… As for Lady Une, well…" He shrugged, "we're looking, or Q is anyway, but there's nothing you can do from here so I suggest you try and get some sleep, I don't think you have a concussion and I flatter myself to think that I would be able to recognise one by now but I'm gonna wake you in an hour anyway so enjoy it while you can 'kay?"

Treize didn't answer, he felt surprisingly exhausted considering how little he was actually hurt but what part of this situation was actually normal anyway. It was all going to be alright though, the pilots knew, he wasn't dead, more importantly Heero wasn't dead, Zechs wasn't dead, Quatre Winner's people were searching for his Lady, everything was going to be alright.

###

"Gotta admit." Duo's voice surprised the weary blonde at the controls, "didn't really believe ya but the facts don't lie and apparently neither do you."

"Treize woke up?"

"Yeah, called me 'Heero' too, kinda sweet really, he looked panic-stricken when he realised he'd got the wrong gundam pilot."

"How is he?"

"He'll be fine, just a bump on the head, I've cleaned it, doesn't look too bad, no concussion as far as I can tell but I'm gonna wake him in an hour anyway and talking of sleep, when was the last time you had any?"

"I slept a lot last week."

"Zechs you were unconscious a lot last week, that doesn't count, bed now, I'll take over."

Too tired to protest Zechs threw a polite 'goodnight' over his shoulder at the American and stumbled into the back of the shuttle.

Duo sank into the controls of the carrier and, as the true bizarreness of the situation struck him, he found himself fighting a snigger, how the tables had turned, if someone had suggested to him just two days ago that he was going to end up on a shuttle with Zechs Marquise and Treize Khushrenada themselves after rescuing the latter from an OZ prison he would likely have shot them… Correction, he would have insulted them and then shot them.

His thoughts drifting away from such musings he began to consider the most pressing problem at present, how to stop his beautiful yet hot-tempered Chinese lover from killing him…

End Chapter 5

Well, you like? Please review and tell me.