Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Are You Happy? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN Hi, yeah it's been a while but this is the chapter where Treize arrives, it's also a bit longer than the rest, I hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer/Summary/Rating, please see first chapter

Chapter Seven

"Oh my God!" Sally stared at the monitor incredulously, "I mean I knew but… It's a miracle."

"So it's a miracle, mind telling me some more details?" She turned to face Heero, almost surprised, embarrassedly she realised that she'd nearly forgotten that he was there.

"These are the er… walls of your… uterus…" Almost cringing as she saw Heero's face begin to tinge grey as she spoke. "And this," her voice betrayed her awe as she pointed gently at the shadowy blob, as tough she was afraid of hurting it accidentally. "Is your baby."

Heero stared at the peanut shaped mass of wavy lines that Sally had just called a baby, that was a baby? This was his baby? Holy…

"Get out."

"Heero I don't think…"

"Now."

Heero's voice was quiet but booked no arguments, Sally watched him carefully for a few seconds, examining him for any evidence that he might try something stupid if she left. She saw nothing to indicate that he would, that, and the fact that she could practically see him hanging the last fragments of his control, decided her.

It would not be good for Heero if he were to break down in front of her, for someone who always prided himself on being in control this tremulous hold he was keeping on his sanity must be a very different experience for him. She left.

Heero waited a few more minutes until he was certain that she wasn't going to turn back round and enter the room again before he pushed himself up into a slightly elevated position, not enough to dislodge the image on the screen but enough to make him feel as though he was more in control of the situation he found himself in, his more prominent position also meant that he could reach over and touch the screen.

"Hi," he whispered softly, not knowing what else he should do, "I'm your daddy."

###

A little over an hour later Chang Wufei proved just how distracted he was about the entire situation as he went flying over the top step of the stairs, or more precisely, the Sally Po who was sitting on the top step of the stairs, he handn't even seen her.

He desperately tried to compose himself in the wake of Sally's sniggers and, upon failing, snapped at her instead.

"What the hell are you doing onna?"

Abruptly her laughter stopped, "Heero threw me out."

"Huh? Why?"

"He didn't like what I was telling him, he needed a minute to deal with it."

"A minute? How long have you been out here?"

"About an hour."

"An hour?! What did you tell him? How bad was it? How bad could it be?"

"That depends on your, or his in this case, point of view but…" She held up a hand to stall the barrage of questions that were going to be directed at her. "I'm not telling you anything Chang, I can't unless Heero says I can and even then I think this is something that he should tell you himself."

"What's wrong? Is he dying?"

"He's not dying, at least not directly, what's wrong with him is something I would never have considered possible but then again it's Heero Yuy, don't worry though, he's in no immediate danger as far as I can tell, I would advise you and your colleagues to stop worrying."

Wufei sighed, realising that he hadn't actually been told anything despite the seemingly large amount of information he had been given, but then again at least he knew his friend wasn't dying. "Can I see him?"

"I'll ask him."

She got to her feet and walked along the corridor, opening the door to Heero's room quietly and peeking inside, she couldn't help but smile at the sight that greeted her. Heero was sitting in the bed watching the screen, murmuring tenderly in a language that she recognised as Japanese.

Unwilling to disturb the scene that she was witnessing but knowing that if she didn't Wufei might come in thinking that something was wrong she spoke up hesitantly, "Heero?"

"Hmm?"

"Wufei wants to see you."

"Alright." Reluctantly Heero moved the tray-like machine that had been monitoring his baby and the screen the image had been on went blank.

###

When Wufei entered the room and saw the teenage boy lying on the bed, just watching him, waiting for him to speak, a million questions ran into and out of his mind, until there was only one left.

"Are you happy Heero?"

The look on his comrade's face answered his question, slight confusion followed by pain, pain that had only been there for the past three weeks, pain that, up until now, he'd never really noticed.

He nodded politely, respectfully and companionably at his friend. He had two hours left to try and get used to the situation before it was all too subtly forced on him, that was something at least.

He turned and left the room hurried, leaving a thoroughly bewildered perfect soldier behind him.

He intercepted Sally as she made to go back into the room, "hang on a minute, I need to talk to you, I think that I should tell you as Quatre and Trowa are trying to organise a way for them to get into the colony, who owes favours etcetera, they're also telling the few servants who are here and the Maguanacs so I think that I really should be the one to tell you…"

"Wufei," Sally cut him off, "you're babbling, I think Duo's rubbing off on you." She blushed as she realised what she'd just said, "I mean… erm… Oh shut up," she muttered grumpily at Wufei's arched eyebrow and amused grin. "What was it you wanted to tell me?"

"I don't think we should talk here," he nodded towards the door behind which sat Heero.

Sally's mouth formed a perfect `o' before she nodded and followed him down the corridor.

###

Two hours later after a detailed conversation via vidphone about Treize's state of health, she honestly couldn't believe that he'd been in prison for three weeks without getting harmed, Sally Po stood with Quatre Winner, Trowa Barton and Wufei Chang awaiting the arrival of the shuttle.

Inwardly she marvelled at the far-reaching capabilities of the Winner Family Heir. It had taken him no more than two minutes to convince the L1 department of transportation to not only to allow the shuttle into the colony unchecked but to not report it's arrival on any documents and to refuel it as it entered the colony.

She of course recognised the classic signs of denial, everyone in the estate was concentrating very hard on other things so they wouldn't have to deal with the fact that Treize Khushrenada and Zechs Marquise were going to be in the same building as them. Denial could be healthy in small does though, or at least that's what she was telling herself, ignoring it made it easier to deal with, just as long as no one shot one of the former leaders as they exited the shuttle then things were going to be okay.

Abruptly she realised that she had been daydreaming long enough to allow the shuttle to enter the grounds and begin to prepare to land, automatically she jumped back as she registered the gigantic machine even though she logically knew that it couldn't hurt her from that distance.

The shuttle door opened not long after landing and, as one, she felt the gundam pilots tense, they knew that this was Heero's lover, they knew that he'd been held captive by his own soldiers and they knew logically that between the four of them he didn't stand a chance if he was to try something. They knew all this but that didn't change the fact that it was Treize Khushrenada's voice that was drifting down to them, a man who they had considered an enemy for as long as they'd known him.

She tensed as well, she'd recognised the voice too but then again, she doubted that there was anyone on the planet or the colonies who didn't know Treize Khushrenada's voice by now.

"I'm sorry Duo, I don't understand, just what is wrong with Heero?"

Two silhouettes appeared in the shuttle's doorway and the braided teenage could be seen visibly trying to calm down an, obviously extremely concerned, ex-general.

She stepped forwards as they reached the bottom of the shuttle steps and bowed slightly, before saluting sharply, beside her she could feel Trowa fighting not to do the same, proving that old habits do die hard.

"General Khushrenada I…"

He halted her with a hand, graceful and courteous, not looking the slightest bit uncomfortable that his movements were being scrutinised by no less than four gundam pilots who undoubtedly had the upper hand at this point. "You defected form the Alliance military did you not Major?"

"Yes sir but…"

"Then as you are no longer an official soldier and I am no longer a General I see no need for you to address me with such formality. Treize will suffice or Khushrenada if you are so inclined…"

Sally nodded faintly, she could see why Heero had fallen so hard, this was pure charisma Treize was displaying and, even though it was not something she usually fell for, she had no doubt in her mind at that moment that Treize could have made a virgin choir-boy fall in love with him.

Treize smiled at her before he turned to Quatre Winner, who held out his hand, "Count Khushrenada."

"Your Lordship, I offer my greatest condolences for the circumstances under which your title was gained. I knew your father and although we disagreed several times I never had anything but the greatest respect for him. He was a man of great convictions and worthy of anyone's respect."

Quatre forced a smile as Trowa's hand drifted onto his shoulder to squeeze it supportively. "Thank you Treize, I appreciate your commiserations."

"Master Barton." Treize turned to the uni-banged teenager standing next to the young blonde, the green eye glittered coldly and he repressed a gulp, he could easily see why this one had so impressed his lady. "I find myself in awe of your skills, there are very few who have managed to infiltrate my army with such thoroughness, I may not have seen many of you actions but I have heard Dermail ranting about there results numerous times.

Trowa didn't say anything, just watched him as though searching him for something, apparently finding it he nodded in vague approval.

Treize didn't say anything but he felt an incredible sense of relief washing over him, he knew he'd just passed a test, he didn't know how much the pilots knew but he was distinctly hoping it was a lot so he could avoid unnecessary bullet wounds later.

He was about to turn to Wufei when the mini-hurricane that he'd been trapped on a shuttle with for the past day or so launched himself at the Chinese pilot and began kissing him fiercely. He blinked, well that was something intelligence had missed, something Heero had neglected to tell him as well, though with hindsight's view he supposed he should have guessed. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Zechs greet Trowa and Quatre, how did he… but then again, Zechs had been the son of a pacifist nation closely affiliated with the Winner family and he had met Trowa in Antarctica hadn't he? He vaguely registered Sally trying to catch his attention and he turned to her after scanning the landing platform for the hundredth time, still searching for his elusive lover.

"Come on, let's take you to see Heero should we? I can't tell you what's wrong with him," she said wearily seeing him about to ask, "but I can tell you that it's not bad, at least, I hope it isn't." The look she gave him suggested that he had better not consider it bad or he would find himself in a great deal of pain come morning. Frowning, confused he nether the less followed her into the house, knowing that he hadn't a cat in hell's chance of finding his lover on his own, this place was bigger than most of his own and it's not like they were small…

End Chapter 7

AN Well, how was that? Please review and on another note could anyone please rec me some Gravitation Yuki/Tohma fics, I've had a real craving for them recently, preferably long with a happy ending but I'm not fussy, thanks.