Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ How ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN Okay, thanks for the reviews and sorry for the long wait, college just started. This is a bit of a fluffy chapter, not that the last wasn't, hope you enjoy it. Please R&R, I really want to know if people like this story though they seem to mostly so far.

Disclaimer/Rating/Summary Please see first chapter.

Chapter Nine

"So…" Treize began, "how the hell did this happen then?"

She blanched looking slightly embarrassed, "I'm not one hundred percent sure, all the tests I've performed so far indicate that Heero is a natural hermaphrodite but the organ are almost too perfect to be natural, it could be natural and then have been altered a bit to cause the organs start functioning but as to the non-existent menstrual cycle I can only guess that Heero must go `into heat' so to speak only without the excessive sexual desires, there are only certain times when Heero can get pregnant maybe as little as one day a year or maybe…"

"Sally," Treize interrupted. "Am I right to determine from that that you have no real idea and are just guessing?"

"I've had less than four days to examine him Treize, please excuse me if I don't know everything yet."

"I have a question," Heero interrupted quietly, "how pregnant am I?"

"About seven weeks."

"Is the morning sickness likely to stop anytime soon?"

"Not until the end of the first trimester, that's twelve weeks, it's not likely to till then but I doubt it'll be as bad as it has been so far though."

"Why?"

"Because you're not as worried and stressed as you have been these past few weeks, I'm guessing that this is when it started to get so bad?"

Heero nodded and she continued, "that and the fact that your body will be starting to get used to the extra hormones associated with pregnancy that are floating around and the strain of supporting an extra life. No matter how well developed your system is you weren't made for this, you are not evolutionary suited to carry a baby. You'll probably start to feel a lot more tired than usual between about now and four months, you'll also have to start taking more care on stairs and such just in case you faint or something. You'll probably also encounter discomfort in your abdominal area and lower back, all of which is totally normal I assure you."

"What problems are there likely to be?"

Sally rubbed the back of her eyes with the back of her hand tiredly, she didn't know how long she'd spent over the past four days trying to work out the answer to that particular question. "As far as I can tell so far this will run similar to a normal pregnancy. The same risks and such. I'll be a lot happier when Heero reaches twelve weeks, by then most of the risks associated with a normal pregnancy will be over. I'm not going to lie to you though, this is far from a normal pregnancy."

Towards the end of her little speech Heero's hand had flown to his stomach and he looked faintly sick, Treize wasn't looking much better , she ran a hand through her hair. "Look try not to worry, there are risks with every pregnancy and almost all continue to deliver perfectly healthy babies."

"Can… can you tell if it's a boy or a girl yet?"

She smiled at the unruly haired teenager, "not yet but it wont be long before I can, if you want to know that is. You might have a bit of an idea without the test anyway. Mothers' instincts are centuries ahead of modern medicine, always have been, always will be. Now, any other questions? No? All right then, I have one of my own. Were you planning on telling the other pilots that you're pregnant or were you just going to come downstairs one day with a baby and hope nobody asked any questions?"

"I… erm," Heero yawned suddenly and Sally checked her watch, 19:30, "I'll tell them…"

"Not now you wont, you're going to bed. You too Treize, I haven't forgotten that you're injured."

Heero turned quickly to his lover, "you're injured? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm not really," Treize assured him hastily glaring at Sally out of the corner of his eye the whole time. "It was just a bump on the head, it bleed a little but that was it, not even a concussion I promise, I have a thick skull remember?"

Heero watched him for a few minutes before nodding tentatively and looking down. "Heero," Treize whispered, pulling Heero's eyes up to his face, "I'm fine, I swear to you that I'm alright baby."

Unwilling to interrupt but knowing that if she didn't she'd never get them to stop looking at each other she spoke softly, "Heero, in bed, now."

Groaning he slipped under the covers. "I just got out of this bed. Treize?!" He asked in alarm seeing his lover getting to his feet, Treize wasn't going to leave was he? In a second the tall man was at his side."

"I'm not going anywhere I promise, I'm just walking Sally out."

"A true gentleman."

"But of course, "he sobered suddenly. "I'm not leaving Heero, not now, not ever, I didn't expect a baby, a natural family was something that I gave up on when I realised that I was gay, even more so when I realised that I'd fallen in love with you, bringing someone else into the equation would just have seemed wrong somehow."

"You thought about having children with me?"

"Of course, I love you, I want everything with you, white wedding, house with a picket fence, dogs, cats, kids, the whole deal, everything you wanted and more. When I was in prison and I realised that if I didn't change my mind they weren't going to let me go all I could think about was that I was never going to see you again. I got another chance, there's no way I'm going to mess this up."

Sally quietly eased her way out of the room where she was met by Duo. "They okay?" He whispered softly.

"Yeah, I think they're going to be fine." She beckoned Duo closer and pushed the door open slightly, he looked at her sideways for a second before peering through the gap.

Heero was in the bed wearing a Winner-hospital issued hospital gown and Treize was wearing a shirt and a pair of jeans they'd managed to dig up from inside the carrier on their way to the colony. The two were locked together in a kiss, Treize's hands were lazily running up and down Heero's sides and Heero's were playing with the baby-fine hairs at the nape of the general's neck. Duo gave a soft smile, in contrast to his usual manic grin. It looked like Sally was right, they were going to be fine.

Turning, he followed the doctor down the stairs.

###

Heero and Treize broke apart slowly, reluctantly, coming back for light kisses ever few seconds. Treize's hand had moved to Heero's face and he was gently brushing his thumb across the Japanese teen's cheekbone.

"Marry me."

Heero pulled back in shock, "you're crazy."

"Maybe, but I've been called worse."

"If this is just because of the baby then…"

"No!" The vehemence of the reply startled both of them. "Yes the baby made it more urgent but I've been thinking about marrying you ever since we started seeing each other. I bought a ring for you three weeks after our first kiss. What we have…" He shook his head, trying to organise his thoughts into words, well aware he was making what was probably most important speech of his life. "What we have is something that doesn't' happen every day. I never want you to have to doubt how I feel about you because for me there's never been any doubt. I'm never letting you go Heero Yuy, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. If you'll have me I'm going to be with you every step of the way."

He dropped his head at the end of his speech and when he looked up there was a faint smile on Heero's face. "I do want you there, yes I'll marry you." The reply was slightly broken, "I thought you were going to leave."

"Why?" Treize was shaking his head in disbelief.

"Because I'm a freak, I'm gonna get fat and…" He tried to hold back a sob and failed, "and I don't even know why I'm crying."

"You are not a freak and I never want to hear you refer to yourself that was again, understand?" Upon Heero's shaky nod he continued, "and you wont be fat you'll be pregnant there's a difference, you'll have a baby inside you, that's the most magical thing in the world." Slowly he placed a hand on Heero's abdomen and started to caress the perfect muscles, knowing that their baby was under his fingers. "And lastly, you're crying because of hormones and they're making you show emotions, something that J took away form you, even if they do make you cry… even if I never wanted to see you cry." A particularly loud sob from Heero brought his hand back up to brush away the tears, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing… you're sure about this… about me?"

"Yes, Heero, accident or not this is the best gift you've given me since you told me you loved me."

"I do… love you."

"Love you too, forever and always after. I promise. Now stop crying and go to sleep like Sally said."

"Don't leave."

"No, never again." He pulled away slightly, just enough to remove the shirt and jeans he was wearing, knowing they both needed the closeness, and slipped into the bed beside his fiancé, holding him tenderly, marvelling at the situation he hadn't believed possible less than twelve hours ago. He was going to be a father, Heero wanted to marry him and Heero was here, with him, it was this that had kept him going, kept him going after three weeks of no human contact and what's more he didn't have to worry about being shot by an irate gundam pilot who happened to suspect something. "Perfect," he whispered aloud, before he followed his lover into slumber.

End Chapter 9

AN Aw, well - bounces - talk to me please. Oh and before I forget, this baby needs a gender and I need a pairing for Zechs, originally I had planned on a 6x9 but I got a review suggesting a 2x5x6 and I have to admit I'm intrigued -grins- what do you think?