Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Slight Shinigami ❯ Lessons on Ass-kicking ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Don't Slight Shinigami
By KCgal

Disclaimer:I own GW! *mwahahah* But wait… Duo-baby and Hee-chan aren't together in the series…hhmmm. *rethinks* Ok, maybe I don't….
Warnings:All previous plus…. Drum roll please! Relena bashing! (It's not toooo bad though. Gomen to anyone who likes her. I really dunno why I don't... but I don't, and this is my fic, so - ug. I'll shuddup now.)
Pairings: 1x2, slight 3+4
Authors Note: There are lemons in this story - but if you want to read them, you'll have to visit this story at another location (But please take the time to review!):
Media Miner - http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/src.php?auth=59449
Sweetly Sour - http://sweetlysour.net/onsite_recs.htm

3: Lessons on Ass-kicking

"This it?" Duo asked the Chinese boy behind the wheel as the cars crunched to a stop, looking dubiously out at the shadowed building before them, obviously less then impressed. Wufei grunted affirmatively and Duo wrinkled his nose. "Pleurgh. No taste I tell you…" He muttered to himself, patting his jacket absently, checking his clips, before popping the car door open and gracefully sliding out. Taking a few steps forward, he stared up at the building again, as if his gaze would suddenly transform it into something more to his liking. Everyone else piled out of the cars and Duo sighed resignedly, beginning to head towards the one obvious door in the building, ignoring the men he could see lurking in the shadows, watching them. No doubt Zechs would be well aware of their presence by now. He idly checked his guns as he walked, clicking the safeties off before holstering them again. Just in front of the door he stopped and waited for the others to catch up.

"T, Wu, don't even think of twitching a finger until I do. Keep your cool and we'll get what we came for. Blind vengeance doesn't get anyone anywhere." Duo directed in a tone that brooked no objections. Wufei glared, but nodded in accidence, as did Trowa. With that, he turned and banged hard on the door, twice. Two sentries were hovering nearby looking somewhat worried and confused. They knew that these people shouldn't be there, and would have shot them on sight, but there was also something about them that made them realize that it wouldn't be to smart to insist on their leaving. The other sentry had already run off to tell Zechs about the visitors, and they decided to let their boss handle it, facing reprimand later if needs be. The door was opened by a brown-haired woman with glasses and a severe look.

"Can I help you?" She asked coldly. Duo smiled at her, and she seemed to blanch slightly at the look in his eyes and the fact that the smile seemed to be more menacing then the bulge under his shoulder and glint of silver at his hips.

"I believe I have an appointment with Mister Merquise?" Duo asked.

"I don't think he has any -"

"Tell him we're here for Yuy."

"I'm sure I don't know who you're talking about." The woman answered, her eyes narrowing. Duo cocked an eyebrow.

"Of course not. But I don't think we'll be leaving until we see him anyway." Behind Duo, Wufei was glaring daggers at the woman, fighting very hard with himself to not pull out his gun and just barge into the place. This bantering chit-chat was annoying the shit out of him. The Scythes however, seemed to be quite okay with it - like this was the way everything usually went. They were quietly scoping out the area around the house, and possible exits. This just pissed Wufei off further because they were being so laid back about it all. While he silently fumed, Duo and the woman continued to trade polite words, when suddenly someone else appeared in the doorway behind her.

"Thankyou Lady Une, I'll take it from here." The man said, shushing her to the side. He was tall with long blonde hair, and a pleasant looking face. Duo tilted his head to the side slightly in consideration.

"Zechs Merquise I presume?" The blonde man nodded.

"And you would be?" He asked in a politely curious tone.

"Here to collect Yuy."

"Ahhh." And with no further ado, Zechs stepped back and invited Duo in with a nod his head. The room beyond was obviously a receiving foyer, and Duo identified the building as a dilapidated and half demolished mansion. Several bulky men lined the small room, and Duo surveyed them with no more then a raised eyebrow before stepping inside. The others followed him in, and Lady Une shut the door quietly and firmly behind them. Zechs sashayed forward, movements long and graceful - practically screaming aristocratic background. There was an interesting thought, Duo mulled to himself absently, before turning his attention back to the words Zechs was speaking.

"I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to divest any weaponry that you may be carrying on you. For safety precautions only, I assure you." He said with a false smile. Duo just snorted.

"Well, I'm afraid that isn't possible… nor acceptable." Zechs raised a meticulously arched eyebrow. "Look, I give you my word that none of us'll do anything rash, as long as we are not provoked into doing so. And I can assure you, mister, that I keep my promises."

"You are a very odd man." Zechs said after some time considering the party, one person at a time. A slow smile spread over his face. "I do believe I like you." Duo grinned back at him, and Quatre winced at seeing the two very predatory looks. After a moment, Zechs turned and walked from the room, Duo and the others following him.

The room they entered was quite large - oddly shaped in an 'L' design, and seemed originally to have been, at least in part, a study. A large wooden desk sat near one wall, with some cabinets and bookcases nearby. In the same area was a round table, also wood, with some tables lining the wall beside it. On the other side of the room were some couches and armchairs. There were several doors all around the room - one boarded up completely, and there was an old wooden stairwell leading up from one corner.

Zechs walked over to the table, and gestured expansively for the group to seat themselves. Duo stepped forward and dragged out a chair, sitting himself comfortably in it and looking up at the blonde man. Wufei made movements to join him, but was halted by a strong grip on his shoulder. He turned to find himself face to face with Hilde, who shook her head slightly and pulled him back. Wufei looked back to find that Duo's three men had spread themselves out across the room, keeping a close eye on the Fang members who were also present. Wufei glared at Hilde, but finally nodded. Reassured that he wouldn't step out of place, Hilde moved back to a position against the wall, beside the door they had entered by. Trowa stood uneasily a little further back, not liking having to follow rules he was unfamiliar with. Wufei 'humphed' to himself and joined his comrade.

"You have a proposition for me?" Zechs asked nonchalantly, pouring himself a drink from one of the many decanters shelved around the table.

"Well, actually, I don't. But I can make one up if'd make it easier for you." Duo replied with an easy grin. Zechs raised his eyebrows at the boy, debating whether to dismiss the kid or not. He certainly looked like a moron, but Zechs was sure he had seen the boy before. Racking his memory, he finally figured it out. And only just stopped himself from laughing out loud. As it was, a smile spread over his face. The boy was Yuy's whore! The pretty little pet that had been hanging off the Japanese boy's arm. Who did he think he was kidding? Why these other people were following him was another question that came to mind. Zechs knew Wufei was a powerful warrior, and there had to be some reason he'd lower himself to following a street rat.

Zechs was tempted to have them all killed on the spot, but the boy intrigued him. For one, he thought he could take a full gang on with only eight men. And then, he'd mentioned something about a proposition. And the boy was beautiful. And no doubt a wonderful fuck. Maybe he'd humour the boy, and see if he couldn't persuade him that Heero was only a small fry, and that he himself had much to offer.

"By all means, inform me." Zechs purred, leaning forward at the desk to stare into the boys face. The other just raised a semi-amused eyebrow.

"You have something of mine. I'd like it back."

"Oh? What makes you think that I'd ever give it back?"

"Hows about this then. I'm a nice guy, so if you let him go now, I won't kill you." The boy said. Zechs couldn't help it, he burst out laughing. He could hear the snickers of some of his men behind him as well. The boy did not looked perturbed though and just sat looking at him with an expectant expression. He patiently waited for Zechs to regain his composure.

"Y... you? How are you going to accomplish that? You're nothing more then a whore!" Duo suddenly looked surprised.

"Oh, my mistake. I should have introduced myself." With that, Duo lent forward in his seat so he was mere inches from Zech's face. "You can call me Shinigami." And then, before Zechs could even blink, Duo had set himself back in his chair, propping his feet up on the table and placing one of his guns flat on the table. "So. Are you ready to talk business now? And I'd like to say, I hope your boys aren't thinking of pulling any stupid shit, cuz I'm really not in the mood." He said easily, but with a definite note of warning in his voice.

Zechs stared at him, his gaze flickering around the room to both his own men and those that had arrived with the boy. The blonde's mind was already ticking over. If this kid was who he claimed to be, this could work out very, very nicely for Zechs. Taking out such a major player in Sanq could bring him up in the world fast. He smirked inwardly. Eight of them, near on thirty of his - oh yes, this could be very nice.

"What do you suggest… Shinigami?" Duo quirked an eyebrow at the tone use on his name, but shrugged it off.

"I do believe I already gave you your options. Which one shall it be?" Out of the corner of Zech's eye, he could see a man casually sliding up behind him, his hand conspicuously on his gun. In one smooth movement, he scooped his gun of the table and swung it around to point directly at the man. He turned his head casually after his arm, casting an exasperated look at the guy, who seemed more then a little startled.

"What? Just because you're deaf doesn't mean I'm blind." (1) "Really Zechs, keep a hold of your men, would you?" Duo said, turning back to the blonde, and coming face to face with the barrel of a gun.

"Oh no, I rather think he's got the right idea." With these words, the whole room seemed to explode. Duo launched himself from his chair before Zechs had a chance to actually fire, knocking over the table and chair as he went. The blonde followed his figure with the gun, but had no more opportunity to shoot as Duo rolled up and crouched behind a couch that had been overturned by Otto.

Wufei and Trowa, meanwhile, were busy attracting the attention of the Fang members in the room, already having taken down one each, they too ran for cover. Hilde had ducked around the door, bracing herself on the other side and checking the seemingly empty room beyond. However, this was soon to change as the front door burst open, and men came running in to see what the commotion was. Swearing, Hilde got up and ran, heading towards the only other door available and into another room. It wasn't long before Tyler came after her. The two proceeded to take care of the men coming through the front door.

Quatre had also disappeared behind a couch at the first shot, and was now bobbing up and down from his cover, exchanging bullets with a man in the doorframe opposite him. Trowa tumbled in beside him, and the smaller boy spared him a moment for a small smile before popping back up and finally hitting the Fang member, shooting him through the leg so that he went down. Without talk, Quatre and Trowa both peeked out from behind the couch and surveyed the scene. As they were watching, they saw Zechs run from the room, pinging shots rocketing off the wall behind him as others took the opportunity to fire. However, he disappeared safely though a door, unscathed. Next thing, Duo was up and after him, moving very fast and low, careful not to be hit by the bullets sent after him.

Duo ran down the halls, intent on either catching the man or finding where the arrogant SOB was keeping Heero. Peering carefully around a sharp corner, he checked to see if there were any wandering enemies around before stepping out and moving quickly down that corridor too. Just as he was nearing the end, two others stepped around another corner. Guns were pointed before recognition crept in, and Duo found himself looking at Wufei and a bleeding Keith.

"Are you hit?" Was the first thing out of his mouth, violet eyes sliding dismissively from the Wing member to his comrade. Keith shook his head, however still held a bleeding shoulder with his other hand.

"Got careless, but it's only a graze. I'm fine." Duo nodded, accepting his word.

"See if you can get back to the main room, hopefully they should be finishing up by now." He directed, and Keith nodded in acknowledgment, immediately backtracking the way he came. "Wu-man, you up for some cat and mouse?" He said, turning to the Chinese youth with a feral grin. Wufei looked more then a little irritated, but refrained from commenting, rather nodding curtly. "Well then, I think we should set a little mouse trap. What's back that way?"

Zechs was a little out of breath. Dammit, he did not like being chased around in his own goddamn house! The little slut lived up to the stories, but that did not mean Zechs had given up on the situation. He still had the knowledge of the floor plan, and he was sure all of his men would not be taken out by such a meagre force. He re-loaded his gun as he squatted (2) in a hallway, carefully keeping an ear out for anyone approaching. Plotting silently in his head, he looked up from his gun to find a silver barrel staring him right in the eye.

"Well hello Mr Mouse. So glad you could make it to the party." Came a sing-songy voice, and Zech's eyes trailed upwards to see an infuriating grin and bright violet eyes. His hand automatically slid around the handle of his own gun, but Duo just tisked, wiggling the silver piece in his face.

"Na-uh-uh. Drop the gun Zechsy." When the blonde refused to comply, there was click from his other side, and, looking over, he was faced with another barrel, held by a less-then-amused Wufei.

"Drop it." Wufei ordered, and with a sigh, Zechs conceded defeat and dropped the weapon.

"Good boy! D'ya have any treats, Wu-man? I think he deserves a doggie biscuit." Zechs gritted his teeth, fighting the urge to just deck the annoying kid in front of him. Bested by a fucking whore! "Now, get up, and we're going to check on how the little tussle in your study is going. Then, my friend, you are going to tell us where you've hidden Hee-chan away. Comprede?" Duo asked, wiggling his gun around in a vaguely threatening manner which may have also been hyper activity. Wufei briefly entertained the second idea, but thought that even Duo wouldn't be so stupid in the situation.

Zechs finally responded and climbed slowly to his feet, none to happy at having to obey orders that weren't his own. They marched him back along the corridors, occasionally demanding directions from him.

The study, if it could be called that, was in a mess. The couches were shot basically to pieces, the nice wooden furniture had new patterns in them and various bits of debris littered the ground. Standing in the middle were Hilde, Tyler and Otto, keeping an eye on four men who were kneeling on the ground before them. Quatre was checking on some other body sprawled out on the ground, looking somewhat glum. Trowa was wrapping Keith's arm in some sort of scrap material, but other then that, there seemed to be no injuries among them. The trio walked into the room, and Duo smiled expansively at them all.

"Good work guys. Now, we just need to collect our dues, and we'll be on our way." He said cheerfully. He was about to speak again when a gunshot resounded through the room, making them all instinctively duck and turn towards the sound.

Quatre had looked up from his rounds checking for pulses when Duo had arrived, taking a couple of steps forward when a man he had been approaching managed to prop himself up slightly and take woozy aim with a nearby gun. A second later, Quatre's legs buckled under him as sharp pain soared up his left leg.

"Quatre!" Duo yelped, immediately running to his friend, leaving Wufei to hold Zechs, who was smirking to himself. Taking quick aim, the long-haired boy sent two shots flying, hitting the man straight between the eyes and just further up on his forehead. The man slumped forward, blood pooling under him. Next moment Duo was beside the small blonde, pulling up his pant leg and examining the wound. He sighed in relief upon seeing a clean entry and exit, through the muscle only. Seconds later, Trowa was kneeling there too, his face showing signs of being shocked and a little afraid.

"Don't worry T-man. He's fine. Go rip up a t-shirt and get me some cloth to bind this thing." He directed, and Trowa quickly moved to comply. Shooting immeasurably dirty looks at the already-dead gunman, Duo quickly wrapped Quatre's leg up, reassuring the boy as he went and trying to keep from letting the shock set in. Once the leg was bandaged, Duo scooped the boy up in his arms and returned to the group, his eyes no longer cheerful.

"Otto. You're taking Keith and Cat back - pronto. You can take Tyler as well I think." He directed, handing the boy over to the larger man, who cradled him carefully. The blonde smiled woozily up at Otto, who smiled reassuringly in response before leaving the building, Keith in tow and Tyler trailing behind somewhat reluctantly. "Hilde, you and Tro watch these boys and Zechsy. Call ahead and tell Sally that those four are on their way. Wu - you're with me." Wufei nudged Zechs forward into the group of his kneeling comrades, still looking murderous as he knelt as well. Duo then hunkered down beside him, and Zechs suddenly realised why he was called Shinigami - and that he may have actually done something really stupid by messing with him.

"Now. Where. Is. Heero?" The black light which swirled around in Duo's large eyes, and the absolutely cold voice made Zechs gulp.

"Up stairs. The top level. Along the corridor to the right and the second door on the left." He rushed out. Duo nodded.

"Is there anyone else up there?" Wufei suddenly asked, and Zechs looked up at him, hesitating for a moment before nodding.

"How many?" Zech's eyes shifted back to the brunette and he swallowed again.

"Only one… my-my sister Relena." The light faded from Duo's eyes just as suddenly as it had appeared, and he looked down at Zechs in puzzlement.

"Your sister? You'd leave your sister alone in a room with your enemy?" He asked incredulously.

"She liked him. He's restrained so that she can play with him… she's not one to give up when she wants something, and she wanted Yuy." Zechs said.

"How old is she?"

"Sixteen."

"Cccchhrist." Duo shook his head and stood up, heading towards the door and motioning Wufei to follow.

"Y..you're not going to hurt her, are you?" Zechs suddenly asked, obviously torn between pride and concern over his family. Duo turned back to look at him.

"I'm not a total sadist Merquise. If she behaves, your lil' sis will be fine." And then he was gone.

The two headed up the stairs, following Zech's directions until they reached the door. After shooting a glance at each other, Wufei nodded and pulled his gun out, ready to fire if Zechs had been lying. Duo reached forward and opened the door.

The first thing that reached either boy's brain was 'pink'. Sickly horrid melting-ice-cream pink. Everywhere. The room was painted pink with all sorts of horrid pink stuffed toys around. However, on the other side of the room was Heero, strapped into a white chair with so many ties even Houdini would not be able to get out of it. And sitting on a pink chair opposite him was a young girl with wheat blond hair and what Duo labelled as a horrible outfit. She looked over at them with a little surprise when the door opened, then smiled stupidly.

"Hello! Have you come to play with me? My brooother always sends me nice toys to plllaaay with. Look Heero! Some more frieeeends!" she cooed, and Heero glared at her. Both Duo and Wufei had to fight the urge to step away from the girl, and rather walked inside. As they got closer, Wufei was able to see the girl's eyes more clearly, and noted the size of her pupils.

"She's high." He stated with some surprise. Duo snorted.

"I think she's more then high… more like a picnic basket short of a picnic." They studied her for a minute more while she continued to sway back and forth in her chair and natter happily, before Heero emitted a set of annoyed sounding 'mmmphs' from behind his gag, and they returned to the task at hand. "Sorry sweetheart, but we've gotta take Heero away now."
"NO!" She suddenly stopped looking sweet and happy, rather glaring fiercely at them. "No!" She repeated. "Heero's mine. Ani(3) gave him too me! He loves me!" She screeched, and this time Wufei did step backwards, hands hovering near his ears should the girl speak again.

"'fraid not Princess. He's gotta go home now. I'm sure he had fun playing with you while he was here though." Duo told her, fighting back a laugh. Heero gave out another indignant 'mmph!', and Duo turned to unlash him. Relena suddenly pushed herself out of the chair and lunged, somewhat unsteadily, for Duo. Wufei stepped in and pushed her back down though, getting a few scratches for the effort.

"Stupid ONNA! Kisama!" He exclaimed, wrenching his arm out of her grasp. She bared her teeth at him, and he gave her a disgusted glance, trying to wipe his arm off while not touching any of the pink things around him. Duo made quick work of ties and then pulled off Heero's gag.

"What are you doing here?" The Japanese boy hissed, after spitting out the cloth taste in his mouth. Duo pretended to look offended, and clutched at his heart.

"Oh, you wound me Hee-chan, you really do! I'm here to save you, silly. It's certainly not for the pleasure of Princess' company." Wufei rolled his eyes.

"Can we go now? This room…" he trailed off, not knowing how to put into words the pinkness of it all. Duo nodded.

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly Wu-man." But before they could leave, Relena launched herself at them again, and they ended up having to delay their exit long enough to tie her up and gag her in the same manner Heero had been when they had arrived. Smirking slightly at the sight of her, they left and headed back downstairs.

Heero was more then a little surprised to see the carnage in the room he was lead too. Of course he had heard gunshots, but that could mean any number of things. And then there were the a person he didn't know standing beside Trowa and watching the men on the ground, among which Zechs was present.

"Wufei… what happened?" He asked slowly, even as Duo left them standing to talk to the dark-haired girl beside Trowa. Wufei snorted.

"Talk to your boy-toy. I'm sure he'd love to explain it to you." Heero raised an eyebrow at the Chinese boy for his comment, but Wufei did not say anything more, rather joining the others. Heero came up behind him.

"Are you all right?" Trowa asked him, eye scanning for injury.

"Fine." Came the curt reply. Heero's attention was already on Duo, who had brought Zechs to his feet and was now talking to him.

"See now - if you'd just given me what I came here for, we could have avoided this whole situation!" He scolded the taller man, who just looked at him incredulously. "We're going to leave now… and no, I'm not going to kill you. But I suggest you lay off trying to come under Wing, because you'll earn yourself a whole lot more enemies. People in high places, you know? It's up to you… but now you know the consequences. So you leave them alone, and we leave you alone, see? Works out very neatly." Duo said, before turning and walking away. After a couple of strides however, he paused and turned back. "Oh… I almost forgot." He then pulled out a gun and shot Zechs once in the leg, sending the blonde man crashing. "Nothing personal or anything. We just don't need you running out as we're leaving trying to shoot people, you understand?" He said casually, before walking back over to Heero and kissing him soundly. Despite his confusion and the many questions flooding his braid, Heero could not help but return the kiss, and went unprotesting as Duo lead all of them from the building.

However, once the five of them had settled into the remaining car, he turned to a sheepish looking Duo and pinned him with a questioning stare.

"You have some explaining to do."

1) Did everyone get that? *blinks owlishly*

2) I hate that word… it just sounds so… dirty and crude. Lol… anyhows.

3) Brother