Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Slight Shinigami ❯ Lessons on Stealing ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Don't Slight Shinigami
By KCgal

Disclaimer:Me KC, me no have mucho-money = me no own GW boys. Pooh.
Warnings: See previous!
Pairings: 1x2, slight 3+4
Authors Note: There are lemons in this story - but if you want to read them, you'll have to visit this story at another location (But please take the time to review!):
Media Miner - http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/src.php?auth=59449
Sweetly Sour - http://sweetlysour.net/onsite_recs.htm

2: Lessons on Stealing

The bang of the warehouse door and loud, angry voices disturbed Duo from listening to his disc-man in his small room next to the office upstairs. Obviously the gang was back from the pick-up and everything hadn't gone to plan. Deciding he better go downstairs and calm Heero down before he shot someone out of annoyance, he jumped up and hurried down the stairs, growing more and more puzzled when he could see everyone but Heero. All the others were there, standing around and largely yelling at each other, Wufei in the middle of it all.

"What's going on?" He asked, but nobody seemed to notice or care to answer him.

"So what are we ment to fucking do?! Just wait and see what happens?" Wufei was yelling.

"We shouldn't have left in the first place! We should have gone after them!" Someone yelled back.

"How the fuck were we ment to do that? Fer crissakes, we can't just bloody fucking leaving him there!" Someone to Duo's left added.

"So what do you suggest? Huh? Give me one fucking good idea!" Wufei practically roared. Everyone dropped into silence, and Duo took this opportunity to pipe up.

"What the hell happened?" Wufei glared at him.

"Just fuck off Duo, this doesn't involve you." Duo narrowed his eyes, getting a sneaking suspicion and a decidedly bad feeling about this. Quicker then Wufei's eyes could follow, he'd darted forward and grabbed the other by his neck and run him into the wall behind him. Squeezing ever so gently, and ever so threateningly, he glared up at Wufei, his eyes flashing in a way the Chinese man had never seen on the smaller boy.

"Now. Again. What. Happened." Duo bit out, tone demanding compliance.

"They knew we were coming. There were too many of them. Zechs must have hired some guns. They fucking took Heero. Now would you let go? We need to figure out what to do." Wufei answered, trying to wiggle out of his grip.

"What can we do? You saw how many they outnumbered us. We're not used to dealing with so many people." Lilac said from behind them.

"Maybe we should leave it for a while and see what Zechs wants." Duo suddenly let go of Wufei and spun around to pin Lilac with a deadly glare. She took a step back in surprise at the intensity of the glare.

"The fuck you will!" He hissed. With quick, long strides, he went over to the other side of the room, to where the phone was. "How many were there?" He snapped out, his voice taking on an authority that only Heero among them used.

"About 25." Someone answered, out of reflex reaction to that tone.

"Right." Duo said, picking up the phone and punching in the numbers. Seconds later it was picked up on the other end. "Hilde? Yeah, it's me. I need you over here - you know where this place is, right? Bring Cat, and a couple of the others - ones which wouldn't mind doing me a personal favour." There was a pause as Duo listened, while the people in the warehouse stared at Duo. Duo rolled his eyes at whatever was said, grinning down the phone. "Fine then, whatever. Just bring a couple of them down. Oh, and could you grab my stuff? I'm so not going out in this getup." A short pause. "Ok. Thanks babe. I'll see ya soon, k?" Duo dropped the phone back into it's cradle and sat down at the table, swinging his legs up to rest on it's top. His eyes turned back to Wufei, who was standing there staring at him. "So. Tell me you know where Zechs' pad is."

"What the fuck do you think your doing? And you've told someone outside the gang where this place is? I knew there was something seriously fucked up about you." Wufei said, eyes narrowing, debating on whether he should de-brain the long-haired up-start.

"I'm doing what I have to. Seeing you guys can't seem to decide on shit all, I've decided for you. And I've told who I have to. No more, no less. They are no danger to you." Duo replied sagely, eyeing Wufei, serious for one of the first times since they'd met. "Now. You can waste time figuring out if I'm gunna stick you one, or you can trust me, and get Heero out of that joint. Again, Zechs' pad is…?" Duo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Over the other side of Brent." Someone piped up, seeming again to obey the authoritative tone, not caring who was using it. Wufei glared out at the people behind him, even for this vague answer. Duo went to speak again, but Wufei beat him to it.

"Why should we tell you anything. As far as we know, you could be fucking working for Zechs." With that, the Chinese man pulled one of the guns sitting in the holsters on his hips and pointed it squarely at Duo. Duo's response to this was a heavy sigh.

"Fine. If you want to be that way, see if I care." And that's they way they were standing when about 10 minutes later, a knock came to the door. Almost everyone spun around to the noises direction, unsure what to do. Sudden there was a flurry of movement from Duo's direction and

they all turned to see him moving towards the door, Wufei's gun still pointed at him. "Give it up Wu. You're not going to shoot me." The brunette told him, and walked purposefully over to the door. Opening it revealed a woman, with short black hair garbed in black jeans and a tank top who immediately hugged Duo.

"Oh it's good to see you again Shin! I am so more then ready to hand the reigns back to you!" She exclaimed as Duo moved back to allow her into the warehouse. He grinned.

"Well, see, now you know what kind of shit I have to go through." The next minute he was almost bowled over by another person, who practically flew at him. "Cat!" He exclaimed happily, hugging the small blonde person with vigor.

"Duo." The boy breathed, finally letting go. Behind him came three other men, all wearing long jackets and suspicious looks.

"Jesus-fucking-Christ Shin! What the fuck are you wearing?!" The girl suddenly exclaimed, staring at Duo incredulously. He turned to face her and mock-glared.

"Not a word Hilde. You better have brought my gear." He said, waggling a finger at her. She grinned and nodded, holding up a bag. Duo nodded and grabbed it.

"Damn I wish I'd brought a camera!" Cat pipped up, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Can you imagine the field day the guy's'd have with pics of Duo like this?"

"Quatre…" He growled. "I forbid any of you from saying anything about this to anyone. Ever. On pain of death." Duo glared around at them all before poking his tongue out childishly and turning to go head up the stairs to get changed. "Wufei, I wouldn't recommend trying to shoot them. You'd most likely end up with a new breathing hole in your forehead. Play nice fellas, I'll be right back." He called down at them as he climbed the stairs. Many sets of eyes followed him up.

"Well aren't we a happy bunch of campers." Hilde commented, looking around at them all. Wufei glared at her.

"Quiet onna." He snapped, and turned to Quatre. The little blonde blinked up at him with innocent eyes. "You. Who are you?" Wufei demanded.

"Oh I beg your pardon! I'm Quatre, and that's Hilde, and they are Otto, Tyler and Keith." He smiled disarmingly at the Chinese man. Trowa looked on with curiosity, his eyes lingering on Quatre.

"What are you doing here then?" Quatre shrugged.

"Duo asked us to be here. For some sort of personal favour? I was under the impression that you'd know more about it then me." Wufei narrowed his eyes at this.

"What relation do you have to that boy?" Quatre's eyes widened.

"Boy?" The blonde bit his lip, his face a cross between amusement and shock. After a few moments, he continued. "Well, we work for him."

"Who is he then?" A soft voice asked, and Quatre turned and looked upwards into a single emerald green eye. He sucked in sharp breath of air as he stared up at the tall boy before him.

"Uh…"

"He hasn't told you yet?" Hilde asked with amusement, having positioned herself against the wall by the door.

"Would we asked if he had?" Lilac snapped at her. Hilde laughed.

"Well, I think it'd be best for all of us if we let him do his own introductions. He likes to play his little games." She suggested.

"Little games?!" Wufei exploded. "We don't have time for games! As it is, I have no idea why we're here, listening to this prattle." *clunk* The sound of a heavy boot on the metal stairs echoed through the warehouse and everyone turned to the noises' direction.

"You, or rather, we, are here" *clunk* Another foot, down on the next step. "because you need us." It was Duo, but looking markedly different from how Wufei, Trowa and the rest of Heero's gang was used to seeing him. He was wearing tight black leather pants, a black silk shirt which was only loosely buttoned and left much of his chest exposed, and a long full length leather duster. His hair, usually pulled back into a ponytail of some description, was now trailing down his back in a long braid, flicking as he moved like a predator's tail. He did not look at them, instead focusing on the twin guns in his hands, which he seemed to be checking over. He came the rest of the way down the stairs and tucked the guns away onto his hips. He looked up at them, his amethyst eyes sparking, and grinned maniacally.

"Alright, enough is enough. Duo, or whatever your name is, tell us what the fuck is going on, or we empty some bullets into you and your friends for target practice." Wufei demanded. Duo's grin just grew, and he walked over the table, sitting down casually in one of the chairs.

"I'd invite you to try, but as you say, this is no time for games." He said. Otto, Tyler and Keith came to stand behind him, and Quatre perched himself of the arm of Duo's chair. Hilde remained by the door, keeping a careful eye on all the people around them. "I shall answer your questions, Wu, but only because it suits me to." Wufei was about to bark something at this, but Duo held up a hand to stay him. "My name is Duo, however very few know me as such. The more common name that I take is Shinigami." A couple of gasps came out from Heero's men. Wufei snorted.

"I don't know what you take us for, boy, but wild lies won't get you anywhere." Duo raised his eyebrows.

"I don't lie. I may run and hide, but I never lie. I am Shinigami, and these are some of my Scythes." He motioned around at the men behind him, and Hilde at the door.

"You seriously want us to believe that your fucking Shinigami, the sharpest gun in Sanc, head man of the Scythes?! You, a pipsqueak kid who dresses and acts like a cheap rent-boy?" Wufei almost yelled at him. Duo shrugged and nodded, while Hilde started to look slightly pissed off at the Chinese boy. Shaking his head, Wufei raised his gun again to shoot the long-haired boy, but hadn't even had time to aim before the gun span out of his hands with a loud 'ping' and went flying into the wall. He blinked, staring at his hand and then looking at Duo, who sat calmly, a gun resting on his thigh.

"Don't piss me off Wu. I like you, I don't want to have to kill you over something so stupid. Besides, as I see it, we have a man to rescue." Duo paused, shifting in his seat. "The six of us should be more then enough to get Heero out. But, you two," nodding at both Trowa and Wufei. "can come if you like. As long as there are no more death threats and you don't get in our way." He raised his eyebrows at them. Trowa was still looking at Quatre, and nodded somewhat absently. Duo grinned, storing that little piece of information away. Wufei was still eyeing him indignantly, but Duo ignored it. "Well then gentlemen, shall we roll?" He asked, rising from his seat. The three men who had been stationed behind his chair immediately fell in behind him, but Quatre was still sitting on the chair arm, looking up at the stationary Trowa. Rolling his eyes, Duo looked back at the two of them. "C'mon Cat. I promise you can play with T soon as I get my own toy back." He smirked at the blush rising across the blonde's face, waiting as the shorter boy scampered up to him. Trowa's eye followed him right up to Duo, as the violet eyed boy ruffled his hair and slung an arm around his shoulders. Without a further glance at anyone else, Duo strode from the warehouse, kicking the door open easily and stepping out into the cool night air. He stopped and took a measuring look around at the vehicles parked beside the building. Behind him, Hilde, Wufei, Trowa and the three other Scythes exited, a whole band of Wing members flooding out behind them and looking on in curiosity.

"What do you say Cat? Which pretty girl shall we take tonight?" He asked his shorter companion, using his free arm to gesture expansively at the options available. Quatre giggled and looked about. After a moment's consideration, he pointed.

"That one." Duo clapped him on the back with a grin.

"Right you are. I'd like the keys to that fine animal over there." He said jovially, however, the car keys were very quick in traveling to his fingers. He turned to Trowa and tossed him them. "T-man, you chauffeur my little friend here, and take Keith and Tyler with you. Hilde babe, you're with me. Otto, you too. Wu, you're driving, and I think it's time you shared a little story with us." He raised an eyebrow at the Chinese man, who scowled fiercely, but lead the way to his own car. Duo pushed Quatre off after Trowa and jumped in the passenger's seat of the big black four-wheeled drive. Hilde and Otto hastily climbed in the back and Wufei sped out of the parking lot. As they passed Trowa, Duo gestured for Wufei to slow down, and he lent out the window.

"Oh, and T? You look after my bro, okay? If he's in any way harmed, I'm holdin' you personally responsible." Duo told him in a deceptively light tone of voice. Trowa however nodded his head solemnly and got into the drivers seat, starting up the engine and taking off after the fast-moving four-wheeled drive.

"Don't mind Duo. He's a tad protective of me." Quatre said with a small, shy smile. Trowa cast a look over at him.

"Are you really his brother?" Quatre could feel himself flush, and he ducked his head slightly.

"Well, um, no, not strictly speaking." Trowa raised an eyebrow at him.

"Duo 'adopted' him." Put in Keith from the backseat. Quatre smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Basically. I think of him like a brother anyway. I never had a brother, and Duo's always been really nice to me."

"What… what happened to your real family?" Trowa finally asked tentatively. He really didn't want to upset this pretty little angel, but he was intensely curious as how a seeming innocent like Quatre came to Duo and this lifestyle. Quatre bit his lip and considered his question for a moment. Just when Trowa was just about to apologize, the blonde boy began to talk.

"Nothing's happened to them as I've heard it. I… ran away from home. I was a part of a big family topside - 29 sisters and my father." Quatre started, but was interrupted by a snort from Tyler. Quatre turned around in his seat to poke his tongue out at the man, before resuming his story.

"My.. my father was an idealistic man, and he put a lot of pressure on me to follow in his footsteps to take over his company. I wasn't particularly interested, but a lot of my sisters were. You see, I was the youngest, and a lot of them thought that they should inherit, not me. Some of them were nice, but a lot of them really didn't like me. It just seemed to get worse and worse, and they blamed me for all sorts of things. I kept feeling bad about myself, and eventually just packed up and ran away." Here Quatre paused again, seeming to compose himself. Nobody else said anything as they sped along the dark roads after the ghostly car in front of them. After a few moments, Quatre continued.

"I was unbearably stupid. I had no street knowledge, was used to a nice topside life with everything provided for me. It didn't take long for me to get in deep. These… guys picked me up. I've no doubt now what they intended for me, but back then - back then I didn't have a clue. I can't believe I was so naïve!" The small boy exclaimed.

"You know ya couldn't have known Cat…" Keith reassured him. Trowa was grateful, because he had no idea how to handle the beautiful boy's confession.

"You don't have to tell me, if you'd rather not." Trowa said uncomfortably. Quatre shook his head.

"No. Nothing happened anyway. Duo managed to get me before they could try. He exchanged me for nullifying some debt they owed the Scythes. He and the others have looked after me ever since, something I'll eternally be indebted to them for."

"As if Cat! You do more then your fair share. This boy here is a wiz-kid with numbers." Keith said, leaning forward and clapping Quatre on the shoulder. Quatre blushed again, and Trowa let a small smile curve over his lips.

"Ahem… It's the least I can do." The blonde said in an embarrassed tone. Keith and Tyler laughed good naturally and began chatting about things Duo and Quatre had done - all the while being careful not to give too much away about their group, or their leader. Trowa listen raptly, amazed at the regard these two older men had for the young man. It was amazing that they felt so loyal to him, and Trowa began to wonder how Duo had become their leader. Before he could delve too much into that, Wufei's car turned abruptly into a narrow street before them and Trowa realized they had arrived at the main base of the Fangs… and of Zech Marquise.

Muwah! The last bit was my 3+4 bit. Lol. I had liked the idea of Duo taking in Quat, and I wanted to stick it in somewhere, hope ya don't mind!