Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Everbody Breaks ❯ Points of View Seven ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Points of View : Part Seven
Companion piece to Everybody Breaks written
from the other pilot's POVs.
By Kai


Disclaimer: Nope, I don't own Gundam Wing - and trust me - the boys are VERY thankful for that fact. I mean, could you imagine owning the G-boys? *GRINS*

Ratings: NC-17 (sexual content, bondage, yaoi, and language.)

Warnings: Yaoi, 1x2x5x3x4 and variations thereof.

SPECIAL THANKS TO (drum roll please).... Z, for being my new and wonderful beta-reader!!!

Summary: If you ever wondered what the other pilots felt when everything was happening in Everybody Breaks, now is your chance. Hope you like this.

Points of View: Part Seven
By Kai
 
Duo's POV
 
I tried asking the girl some questions after I ordered the pizza, but she remained silent, lips pressed stubbornly together.  The resemblance between her and Wufei was uncanny and given the circumstances, it was a bit uncomfortable. I was almost grateful to have the excuse to leave when the pizza arrived.  Seeing Trowa with a gun pointed at her was too similar to seeing it pointed at Wufei for my emotional well-being.
 
It was a giant relief for me to have Wufei and his ever rigid shadow, Heero, step out of the elevator as I was paying for the pizza, even though I had no idea how Wufei was going to deal with the whole female doppelganger thing.
 
Heero took in the pizza and then smiled that crazy, wry little smile of his as the pizza guy left.  "So where's my present."
 
I grinned back at him appreciating the joke, but wanting to know if our 'present' was going to do more harm than good before giving it to him.  Unfortunately I didn't have much of a chance to be subtle about it - there wasn't enough time.  "You got any siblings Wu?"  I had no idea what I might want to hear as an answer because if he said yes and it was his sister then what would that mean for Wufei... or the rest of us.  If she was not Wufei's sister then who was she?  And what was her connection to Wufei?  I had no doubts that there was one, I just didn't know what it was and it was driving me a little crazy trying to figure it out.
 
The way he looked at me could really only be described as stunned.  "I was an only child, why?"
 
I shifted the pizza box in my hands and tried to ignore the strange look Heero was directing at me with the sole use of his eyes - I still hadn't figured out how he managed that.  Still, it didn't really matter because Heero would understand soon enough; as soon as he saw her that was.  "Cousins?"
 
Wufei frowned at me and I suppose I couldn't blame him.  If our positions were reversed I might have been cursing him already.  "I had a few, but they were mostly killed when my colony was destroyed.  I believe I have a couple of fourth cousins living somewhere in China though.  Now, I repeat, why?"
 
If I pushed it much more he'd probably bring his sword out; and not the one I wouldn't mind pointed at me, but the metal one that was far too sharp for my own good.  "The suspect could pass for a female you, that's why."
 
Heero's eyes went from drilling through me to watching for Wufei's reaction, much as I was.  We might not know as much about Wufei's Clan or family as we would have liked, but we did know our honor-bound lover fairly well. If she were related or a part of his clan, Wufei's sense of duty might cause a few complications we'd prefer to do without.  "Strangers can look a great deal alike..."
 
'So could relatives'.  But I didn't say that thought out loud. I could be tactful when I chose to, I just never really chose to.  So I shrugged instead.  "Just don't say I didn't warn you.  She's in lab 3, follow me."
 
I led them down the hall to the lab and set about eating a slice of pizza as I waited for Wufei to get a good look at her.  Trowa kept his gun trained on her, but he took a slice of pizza for himself with his other hand as he waited for Wufei's reaction as well.
 
"I am Commander Chang Wufei of the Preventers Agency and I'd like to ask you some questions..."
 
Then suddenly, to everyone's surprise, she looked up and tried to throw herself into a bow at Wufei's feet.  For a moment I thought she might be on the verge of begging for mercy or something.  At least, until Wufei blinked down at her in shock.  Not much surprised a Gundam pilot when it came to work and missions.  Wufei was usually up there with Heero and Trowa on the least likely to be caught gapping at crazy shit.  "LinXia?"  So he did know her, now what did that mean?
 
"Elder and Sun of the Dragon forgive my lack of proper respect."  Elder?  Wufei didn't seem surprised or startled by the title, in fact, he seemed almost resigned and what was that Son of the Dragon stuff about exactly...
 
The way Wufei spoke, standing straighter - more poised - like a Prince instead of an Officer in the Preventers Agency... his whole demeanor and attitude seemed to have changed in the blink of an eye, but damned if I knew how he did it.  "There's no need for any of that, though I believe there is a need for an explanation."
 
I took another slice, I definitely agreed with him on that last part.  After all, the girl couldn't have been more than sixteen and true - the five of us were a large threat even before we'd turned sixteen - but we weren't typical in any way, not even remotely.  And it might have only been because of her resemblance to Wufei, but I couldn't see her being involved with bombing Preventers Headquarters.  And from the way she was acting around Wufei, like he was just short of being some sort of god, I found it difficult to believe that she would try to kill him.  I almost choked on my mouthful of pizza when she started her explanation.  "You are my responsibility.  It falls to me to ensure your safety."
 
That caused Wufei to pause and he wasn't the only one.  I could see that both Heero and Trowa were re-evaluating the girl - much like I was.  She wasn't much of a thief because her stealth skills sucked, and that was putting it nicely, but her movements - now that I was thinking about it - had been as graceful and as contained as Wufei's, well until the unfortunate bowing incident anyway.  Not many people moved like that... usually only highly trained martial artists.  The body movements of lower belt levels, street fighters, wrestlers... they were all different when they moved - not completely - but in little ways.  At the same time, she didn't have the same look of someone who had had to defend her own life or someone else's life in a kill or be killed situation.  Despite any training she might have had in all the ways that counted she was still an innocent.
 
Wufei regained his footing quickly.  "Two questions.  First, how did you come to that conclusion and second, how does that explain your being here." He gave her a quick nod which had her sitting up again though she kept her eyes down treating Wufei as if he was in a class so far above her that he was untouchable.  The thing that got me was that he didn't look uncomfortable by the treatment, instead he looked resigned.  And I wasn't sure how I felt about that.
 
Her voice was strong but quiet as she replied.  "Only a few survived the destruction of L5, as you know Lord, only those off the colony.  My Master, ten other trainees, and I were all that remained of the Imperial Guard.  We knew you'd survived because of reports involving Altron, but we were unable to find you until after the wars. Nearly three months later, we found you working in Preventers which was a bit of a shock Lord. Master Shen thought it best to observe for a time and protect you from a distance.  He was aware of disturbances, forces that meant you and Preventers harm.  He died in the line of duty and with his death I became the Head of the Imperial Guard.  I didn't know everything he did, but I have contacts and I was aware that there was trouble identifying the substance used in the bomb.  I came to leave a message in the hopes that it would lead those investigating in the right direction."
 
I put another piece of pizza in Trowa's hand and took another for myself, trying to wrap my head around the words 'Lord' and 'Imperial Guard'.
 
Wufei just stared at her, the words having no apparent effect on him at all.  "Message?"
 
Funny, how my mind automatically focused on 'Lord' and 'Imperial Guard' entirely skipping over 'message' yet the word my mind passed by was the one that Wufei's latched onto.  I almost laughed and choked on a mouthful of pizza because she looked like a cat with her paw in the fishbowl.  "In the research file on the counter near the large microscope."
 
I chose to skip over to the counter, I mean - why not, maybe it would serve to remind Wufei that the three of us were there with him; or it might remind him that his future was with us and we weren't planning on going anywhere - course, it was highly likely that he wouldn't think of either of those things, opting to believe I was just being a bit weird.  I was well aware that that happened more often than not.  Very few people could adjust themselves to understanding Duo-logic. 
 
I brought the information to Wufei and proceeded to unabashedly read over his shoulder. My stomach twist sickeningly with what I saw.  The information there could mean a great many things, but it could mean something extremely bad if we couldn't stop it.  I wasn't sure if Wufei saw it yet, but I knew what I saw... I saw another war.
 
"Why didn't you come forward with any of this earlier?"
 
It was a good question, but in asking it I was pretty sure Wufei's mind hadn't made the leap to war yet.  Normally when that happened I was overreacting or jumping to conclusions so I pushed the thoughts away until I had more information to go on.  No point in sounding a false alarm, we already had a lot to deal with.
 
On the floor LinXia took a deep breath.  "Numerous reasons Lord, though the main reasons are that I didn't have all this information until a couple of days ago and I wasn't sure who I could trust taking it to without Master Shen present."
 
Wufei ended up asking the question I was pretty sure we all wanted to ask.  "Why didn't you come to me?"
 
I was taken off guard by the bitterness in her voice, but it did sound as if she were a bodyguard who wasn't too happy with the risks her 'responsibility' was taking.  Wufei had been the Heir of his Clan and if she were the Head of some Imperial Guard like she claimed, then that was exactly what she was.  "You're already in great danger and knowing any of this will only make it worse.  Our job is to protect you, not endanger you, Lord."
 
Wufei waved the papers he was holding in his hand.  "How did you find out about all of this?"
 
I moved a little so I could get a glimpse of her face and though her voice was steady her face held a brief moment of sadness.  "Master Shen figured out most of it and chose not to involve the rest of us so that we could spend our time watching over you or training.  You make it extremely difficult to protect you, you know?"
 
She glared at Wufei with such irritation and annoyance that I suddenly knew I could get to like LinXia.  I ended up laughing, both at LinXia's glare and the expression on Wufei's face because of it.  "That he does.  Doesn't like to be coddled, our Wufei.  Though I'm beginning to think he comes by his stubbornness naturally."
 
The last comment earned me a glare, and I had to swallow the impulse to wink at him and blow him a kiss as I moved to place another slice of pizza in Trowa's empty hand and grab another for myself.
 
The girl paled slightly as she realized she'd just sort of dissed her Elder.  "Sorry Lord, I forget my place."
 
I had the feeling that if she could get past that she might be a force to reckon with... and if she checked out she'd need more training... and she'd mentioned others as well. One thing was sure, I wasn't about to let just anyone protect Wufei.  If these 'Imperial Guards' weren't up to our standards we would get them there and if that or Wufei's less than welcoming attitude didn't scare them off then they might prove to be useful.  Of course, I had little doubt that once Quatre saw her, he'd have a hundred plans and ideas of his own.
 
Wufei sighed slightly though I doubt he noticed that he did.  "Look, LinXia, I'm not a Lord anymore - I'm just Chang Wufei.  You can call me Chang, Wufei, or Commander Chang if you'd prefer, but I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me Lord.  As to all this... we're going to go through this information, but until we do we're going to have to keep you somewhere safe and secret."
 
I watched as Wufei gave Heero the hand signals for Quatre and the Maganacs.  Smart, if he kept her with us it would make it less likely that anyone involved in the bombing would find out about her or the information she'd collected.
 
Which led me to remember that Tro and I still had a mission to complete.  "Fei?  I hate to be a spoilsport on all the fun you're so obviously having, but if she isn't the bad guy, then that means we still have a chance of catching the ones who might be.  However, the only way we can really do that is if you, Heero, and the, er, Imperial Guard here leave the lab relatively quickly and quietly.  You know... make like ghosts and let us do the jobs that Trowa and I do so well."  I grinned, tossed the pizza box away and winked at LinXia when she gasped at the way I'd mangled Fei's name - yet again.  Oh well, she'd get used to it if she was around us long enough and something told me she would be.
 
************************
 
Quatre's POV
 
I had woken up with Heero and Wufei and the two of them had kissed me and left moments later.  Left alone in the room, I had taken the opportunity to look at Wufei's sketches in peace as I tried to formulate a plan for the day.  The board meeting was today and as soon as it was over I would have a better idea on how to proceed.  I planned to arrive early, but I wanted Relena's and Dorothy's own observations (untainted by my views) so I wasn't going to speak to either of them until after the conclusion of the meeting.
 
Finally, I decided to take a quick shower and go over the information I already had.  I knew that eventually I would have to show it to Wufei and the others, but I needed to make sure everything checked out and include my own theories and deductions first.
 
I was doing that when Abdul came to the room.
 
"Master Quatre?"  I'd opened the door after I'd gotten out of the shower so that the Maganacs would know they could bother me if they needed to.  He bowed to me slightly when I glanced up.
 
"Yes."
 
"Master Heero just called to inform us that he and Master Wufei will be escorting a Miss LinXia to the house.  She was apparently the one who Master Duo and Master Trowa caught, but they believe she isn't one of those they were searching for."
 
My mind whirled a bit at that... just what was going on now.  "Make the necessary arrangements.  I assume we'll be guarding her - at least at first."
 
"Yes, Master Quatre."
 
"How long until they arrive?"
 
"About half an hour, sir."
 
"I'll be down in half an hour then."
 
"Very good, Master Quatre."  With a slight bow he was leaving me to contemplate just how complicated everything seemed to be getting.  With each stone we turned over about ten things scurried out.  For the next thirty minutes I went over everything I had and by the time I was finished my stomach was in a tight knot.  If I managed to find a connection between the people I had suspicions on and tie them to those Wufei was investigating in Preventers... if that connection was a person or a group of considerable power or influence then we could very well be on the verge of another Marimeia incident or worse; another full-out war.  I could only hope I was wrong.
 
The moment the Maganacs had the girl secured Heero disappeared upstairs, probably to work on his computer.  It didn't escape me that LinXia could have passed for Wufei's twin siste,r but I kept my questions to myself, waiting until Wufei and I were alone before I raised an eyebrow in question.
 
He shrugged, looking tired and a bit tense.  "Her name is LinXia, she's from L5.  Apparently she's one of the last of the Imperial Guards and she may have both complicated and helped provide a break in the case."
 
Imperial Guards, huh?  Well, I was going to make sure she was truly what and who she claimed to be because Wufei most certainly didn't need everything that was bound to arise because of her claims, especially if she was lying.  He had enough doubts and questions already without it.  "I'll have the Maganacs run her DNA and see what they can come up with."
 
"I'd appreciate that."  He massaged his neck and I moved behind him and pushed his hand out of the way so I could massage his neck.
 
"It goes deeper than you originally thought, doesn't it?"
 
"I believe it probably will.  Whatever is going on isn't just about killing me or upsetting Preventers. I have a horrible feeling that it's been worked on for quite some time already.  Maybe since the last war ended."
 
I could tell that was some of what was eating at him, but wasn't telling me everything, and he needed to.  "There's more than that bothering you."
 
Wufei turned, pulling my hands into his own.  "I had never once considered that any of my Clan who had managed to survive the destruction of the Clan would hold so tightly to a way of life that is almost entirely lost.  I concluded that they would make new lives for themselves, but if what LinXia says is true, and her story is far too... too... outrageous to be anything but, then there may be others who feel the same, and since I am the last of the Elders alive and the Heir, it's my duty to aid my people in whatever way I can.  There's enough money from before that L5 can be rebuilt if that's what they wish and I have no problem with doing that but..."
 
And that was exactly what I'd feared would happen.  The main problem was that he didn't want to bring it into the open, let alone talk about it.  Unfortunately that didn't stop it from being something he had to look at closely.  "You may have to leave us to fulfill your duty to your Clan in the way the Elders wished."  I traced his lips with a finger slowly as my mind sorted through arguments and logical reasoning and then I smiled at him.  Enjoying how his eyes locked on my lips as I did.  "You forget though, Wufei..."
 
He tilted his head to the side and I wished I could remove his hair tie so I could see his hair frame his face.  "Forget what?"  His lips moving against my grinners made my body tighten.
 
I managed to focus my mind back on the topic with an extreme amount of effort.  "You're the Elder now.  Your Clan's authority lies with you and times have changed.  The times that existed before L5 was destroyed are lost.  No amount of pretending is going to bring them back and if your people, your Clan, can't learn to bend and change it'll all be lost before you even start.  People can relinquish titles if they'll be of better use to their people in some other capacity.  It's all in a future that may never come to exist, because, as we all know, there is no certainty of what tomorrow holds."
 
When Wufei pulled me into a kiss, his tongue darting between my open lips, I was more than happy to return it with interest.
 
****************
 
Trowa's POV
 
When Wufei had left with LinXia and Heero, Duo and I had gone back to watching.  For a few hours there was little activity.  I'd switched into a janitor's uniform shortly after the others had left, just in case anyone had seen anything. It wasn't likely since Duo and I would probably have noticed, but caution was never wasted.
 
I'd just finished moping a hallway when a middle-aged man in a Preventers outfit walked by.  It was actually a pretty smart thing to do because most people would only see the uniform. The uniform usually ensured that people's gazes slid past the person's features with little or no registration of them.  A man dressed in black from head to toe would have been automatically noticed as out of place.
 
I waited until he was out of ear shot before I let Duo know.  "02, suspect heading towards lab 3."
 
"I see him."
 
I put up a couple of floor signs and moved my bucket along with my foot as I unscrewed the mop head from the handle while it was in the water.  I was almost at the door to the lab when Duo's voice sounded clearly in my ear.
 
"Suspect confirmed.  He's our guy.  Take him on my mark... one, two, three, mark!"
 
The guy was well-trained.  Before Duo had fully emerged from his hiding place between a couple of refrigerators the man was already training his gun on him.  I swung the mop handle up and the hand holding the gun was thrown up towards the ceiling with the force of the hit.  He lost his grip on the gun, but instead of trying to reclaim it as I expected, he pulled a knife out of nowhere and lunged at me.  I moved back as he moved, but not quite quick enough. The knife connected with my left arm, about an inch above the wrist.
 
Duo actually growled as he simultaneously twisted the man's wrist - the one with the knife - and punched him twice in the jaw, hard, knocking him unconscious.  Then Duo proceeded to drag him over to one of the fridges and cuffed him to it.
 
Seconds later he was worriedly bent over my wrist, pressing a clean piece of gauze against it.  I put my own hand over the gauze and tried to pull away but Duo wouldn't let me.  "It's fine Duo."
 
"To hell it isn't!  He cut you.  He cut you!"  It came out as a dangerous sounding hiss.
 
My chest felt a bit warm, but I had already known that I liked Duo's overprotective tendencies; still it wasn't the place or the time.  "Duo."
 
He looked at me and I silently held his gaze for a moment before he looked away.  "Alright but we still need to have a doctor look at it."  I didn't think the cut was that serious but before I could open my mouth to say as much Duo's eyes narrowed.  "No.  You're going to a doctor and that's final."
 
"We can't leave the prisoner here Duo and he's wearing a Preventers' uniform and that makes it a little difficult to drag him around Preventers' Hospital while he's handcuffed, especially since neither of us is in uniform and we want to keep this quiet for now."
 
"Fine.  I'll stay with him here, while you get that cut taken care of."
 
"Alright."  I got up slowly.  "I'll be back soon."
 
Duo leaned forward as he got to his feet and lightly kissed my lips.  "Looking forward to having you back here."  But I could tell that he'd rather be going with me instead of babysitting a prisoner.
 
********************
 
Duo's POV
 
After Trowa left I took out my cell phone and called Fei.
 
"Chang here."
 
The sound of Wufei's voice helped me calm down enough that I knew I wouldn't be pounding on our prisoner without just cause any time soon.  Trowa's calm had brought me to the point of reason, but Wufei's voice made me smile unexpectedly.  "Hey love.  Tro and I got another present for you only this one is a little banged up."
 
"Oh?"
 
I looked over at the unconscious man.  "Yep, but don't worry about coming to us, we'll come to you - well, as soon as the Doc is finished stitching Tro up that is."
 
There was a great deal of concern in Wufei's voice and I was thankful to hear it because it meant that despite so much in our lives changing, his feelings hadn't.  "Trowa's hurt?"
 
I didn't want Wufei too worry too much though.  "A bit of a scratch, he got a little too close to the shiny, sharp object your present was playing with.  He'll be fine.  So, anyway, you can expect us in an hour or so."
 
The concern was still there but better hidden.  "Alright, tell Trowa to take care of himself and that I love you both."
 
I couldn't help but chuckle at the last because it was a bit strained but at the same time sincere and it was just so very Wufei.  "Love you too.  Bye."
 
I hung up and went over to the unconscious man and looked for his wallet.  I wanted to know who he was because he had a great deal to answer for.  According to his ID and Badge he was Agent Howard Schultz.  Well, once he woke up he was going to have to start playing nice or he'd be getting an unofficial visit from Shinigami in the future.
 
******************
 
Trowa's POV
 
We arrived at the safe house with Agent Schultz, who'd regained consciousness soon after we'd gotten him into the car Duo had rented for us before the mission had started.  Duo had grumbled something about hitting him harder next time, but I'd pretended not to hear it as I drove the car and did my best to ignore the slight ache in my wrist.
 
Inside, Wufei took one look at him and then proceeded to act as if he weren't even there.  Something neither Duo nor I questioned.  "Duo."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"I want you to get a hold of Captain Warren and Agent Russo and quietly investigate his home as well as any other place that search may lead to.  Don't worry about the computer at Preventers though, I'll have Yuy investigate that.  As soon as you're finished, I want you to get some rest.  Captain Warren can brief me on any findings.  Trowa, if you'd be so kind as to find Abdul..."
 
Duo and I both knew that he was talking about Agent Schultz, no need for Wufei to be specific.  I quickly left the room to look for Abdul.  I found him in the security office with about three other men.  They were monitoring several video feeds and I could tell that some of those feeds had nothing to do with the house we were currently in or Preventers HQ.  Quatre was up to something but I wasn't quite sure what it might be and I didn't have time to figure it out.  "Abdul, Commander Chang would like to see you and it might be a good idea to bring another Maganac with you."  I might have had an idea why Wufei wanted them but it wasn't my place to say.
 
Abdul didn't hesitate as he turned to one of the other men.  "Isaih, radio Tuck and Grit and have them replace Naseem and I."  He turned to Naseem as he moved to the door.  "Naseem, you're with me."
 
I led them back to Wufei, who seemed to be speaking to Schultz.  "Your choice.  Abdul could you keep Agent Schultz secure until tomorrow?"  It was a question but at the same time Wufei managed to make it an order.
 
"Of course Master Wufei."
 
"Remember he is highly skilled and trained, make sure to treat him as such."
 
Once Abdul and Naseem had escorted Agent Schultz out, Wufei's dark eyes went over Duo critically.  "Will you be okay to go with Captain Warren?"
 
Duo grinned but there was no way of denying that he was tired.  "You bet Fei."
 
Wufei frowned.  "You have five hours.  Then I want you in bed."  And that was one of the many reasons we needed each other.  Without the others we often forgot to take care of ourselves properly, but they made sure that didn't happen.
 
Duo leered at him.  "If you join me..."
 
I nearly shook my head at that.  Duo was always in the mood for sex, so much so that I often wondered how Heero was ever able to walk when it had been just the two of them.
 
"Perhaps but only if I've done all I can up to that point.  By then however you may be too tired for extracuriculars."
 
I smiled at Wufei's comment.  Wufei probably had no idea that he'd virtually issued Duo a challenge.  And Duo definitely saw it like that.  He moved closer to Wufei and ran his fingers over the skin of Wufei's throat.  "I'd have to be beyond dead before I wouldn't' want you.  Never gonna happen."  He moved back.  "Well, I'm off to HQ, I'll give Captain Warren a call on the way.  The sooner I do this the sooner I can have my hands full of hot, sexy, panting Dragon."  And then he left.
 
Which allowed Wufei the chance to corner me.  "Where?"
 
At first I just stared at him as if I didn't understand, but it didn't take me long to realize that that would do me very little good.  So I took off my jacket and rolled my left sleeve up so he would be able to see the bandage.  "It was fairly shallow, only needed four stitches that weren't actually necessary, but Duo was fussing over it a bit so the doctor and I decided to humor him."  Or so that's what had happened when I told the lady doctor about Duo's earlier reaction.
 
Wufei gently held my arm as he stared at it.  "I'm sorry."
 
"Don't."  Lifting Wufei's chin gently, I looked into his dark eyes.  "It isn't your fault.  This and everything that happens is because of our own decisions.  If we didn't wish to be here there would be very little that could make us."
 
Gently he let go of my arm and smiled.  "I need Heero to do a few things, do you think you could be my bodyguard for a few hours?"
 
"Of course."
 
"Okay, I need to speak with Heero, give me a minute."
 
I watched him leave and suddenly felt as if things would be okay after all.  It would work because he wanted it to as much as we did.
 
***********************
 
Heero's POV
 
I was in the middle of printing and sorting information when Wufei came into the office, but I didn't give himt too much thought until he locked the door.  I watched him as he moved towards me, staying still - not sure what he expected or what he wished to talk about.  I was taken a bit off guard when he lifted me effortlessly onto the top of the desk.  I wasn't that heavy, but then again I wasn't exactly light either.
 
Spreading my legs he moved between them, pressing our bodies together and kissing me.  There was no immediate danger and the second I realized the door was secure I was leaning against him trying to get as close to him as I could.
 
He slowly pulled away from me and though I felt a little... wobbly - I believe Duo called it - I felt myself swell at Wufei's words.  "I wish I could be inside you right now.  I have to go to HQ though; Trowa is coming with me.  I need you to access Agent Howard Schultz's computer from here and see what you can find.  Can you do that?"
 
I nodded, already slipping into my work orientated mindset as he started towards the door.  "Yes, sir."
 
"I'll see you when I get back.  I l-love you."

I felt myself smile not quite sure what mindset to be in but thankful to hear the words despite the momentary confusion.  "Love you, too."
 
**************
 
Trowa's POV
 
We went to the HQ. After a few hours of uneventful guard duty and piecing together information concerning the case with the only new information being the connection Heero had found between Agent Schultz and an organization called the Liberation Front, we finally returned to the safe house which was in chaos.
 
It seemed that the Imperial Guard had invaded it in all their fashionable glory.  All of them had to bow to Wufei the moment they saw him. It was all rather amusing, but I knew Wufei's vindictive streak so I kept my amusement carefully hidden.  I was thankful I had when Wufei suddenly smiled a scary little smile that was reminiscent of Quatre at his worst.  "LinXia."  The Maganacs were starting to look worried.
 
"Yes, Lor - er, Commander Chang."
 
"You and the rest of the Imperial Guard are now under the supervision of the Maganacs and their leader Rashid.  They have much experience and I wish all of you to learn from them whatever you can.  I expect you to bring the Clan honor by being attentive and diligent, do not get in their way but aid them in any way you can.  I do not wish to be bothered for at least four hours.  Understand?"
 
I managed to swallow a laugh at the near panic in the eyes of the gathered Maganacs, but it wasn't easy.  Of course, the idea of four hours of privacy helped turn my mind elsewhere.
 
"Yes, sir."  LinXia replied respectfully and with a formal bow.
 
"Very well."  With that he went up the stairs and I was more than happy to follow.  Duo should already be in bed, Quatre was gone but maybe Heero... I grinned when Wufei made a detour to the office and dragged Heero to the bedroom with us.  This was going to be interesting, especially once we woke Duo up.