Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ First Times ❯ Uncertainties ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Arigatou to all who have reviewed this so far. I hope this was worth the wait. Ja Ne!!



First Times

By: Wildfire's Flame



Chapter 5: Uncertainties

Duo shook his head and pushed away from the sturdy door. He swallowed hard as he thought about the Wing Pilot. All the times he nearly worried himself to death when Heero was late, or the times when he shared a dorm room with the stoic boy. He remembered watching him even then. Groaning, Duo made his way down the hall, heading for the living room. Why now do these feelings have to surface? He's sick. I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I do. Oh God, I am in love with Heero Yuy. Just great. He's really going to kill me now if he finds out that I am in love with him.

Entering the small living room, Duo plopped himself down on the couch and stared off into space lost in thought. A few hours later, but what felt like only minutes, he jerked himself awake and looked wide-eyed at the darkened sky beyond the window. Wait a minute, darkened sky? When did it get dark? he wondered. Fumbling for the clock that lay next to his elbow on the coffee table, Duo squinted at the little numbers trying to see what time it was without turning on the light. Giving up, he reached up and flicked on the lamp, only to have the bulb blow. "Damn it!!"

Getting up, Duo felt his way into the kitchen and flipped on the switch. Going over to the cupboard, he reached up to the top shelf to get a new bulb and groaned. They were out. "Figures," he muttered sarcastically, "and I still don't know what the Hell time it is." He bit his lip unsure if he should go check on Heero, or if he should start dinner since it was obviously way past dinner time already. "Better check on Heero after I start dinner. He's already gonna kill me. So another few minutes won't hurt anything."

Duo walked over to the refrigerator and pulled out a box of frozen veggies and some all white meat chicken strips. Going back to the cupboard, he got down a box of white rice and set about putting the rice on to boil. He then turned the chicken and veggies on medium and took his leave of the kitchen. Heading up the stairs, he cracked Heero's door open slightly and his eyes widened. Flinging the door wide open, his eyes tracked over the immaculate room in worry. Heero Yuy was gone.

Duo stood stock still in the room in disbelief before a faint sound caught his attention. Turning toward the door at the far end of the room, his violet eyes sparking and narrowed, he rushed toward the bathroom, keeping his fingers crossed. Pressing his ear to the door, he was relieved to hear running water. "Heero?" he called out, glad that only a faint trace of worry showed.

His question was met with silence.

Duo frowned slightly and pushed open the unlocked door. "Heero?" he asked again softly.

This time a pair of brilliant blue eyes peered out at him from behind the almost clear shower curtain. "Duo? I take it dinner is done?"

Duo slowly shook his head. He's not even mad at me for being in here with him when he's trying to take a shower. This should prove interesting. "Nope, sorry but it will be done shortly. I sorta fell asleep downstairs."

Heero raised an eyebrow at his fellow pilot. "Hn. Baka."

Duo put his hands on his hips and glared. Well as well as he could, since his mind was on other matters entirely. The sheer plastic curtain was leaving very little of Heero's rather exquisite assets to the imagination. Duo turned away suddenly and Heero smirked at the braided boy's back.

"Heero, you really should have waited on taking your shower till I was up here to help you."

Heero quirked an eyebrow at him. "Help hmm? More likely you would play with the shower gel."

"Would not!!"

"Too!!!"

Duo without even thinking about it, whirled back around and stepped into the shower with the other boy, fully clothed. "Turn around, " he ordered the startled Japanese pilot.

Heero looked at Duo speechless, His mouth opening and closing several times before he managed to find his voice. "Duo!! What are you doing?" He managed to sound both exasperated and confused.

Duo thought it was very good expression for the stoic boy since Heero needed to show emotions more often. "I'm going to wash your hair for you. You can't do it yourself. Not with that shoulder the way it is. Now turn around."

Heero just continued to stare at the braided boy. "But . . . your clothes?"

Duo blinked and looked down. "What? You want me to take them off, now?"

Heero blinked several times before it registered what Duo was asking. He felt his face go scarlet. A new emotion for Heero Yuy, one he had never felt before. He was embarrassed. "NO!!" he winced. "I mean that's not what I meant."

Duo smirked at the other boy's obvious discomfort and moved slightly closer. "Well, what did you mean then?"

Heero swallowed, all too aware of Duo's proximity and his own nakedness. It wasn't that he was shy. It was more that Duo had him at a disadvantage that was making him feel uneasy. Trying to keep his voice steady, he replied gruffly, "I meant that you are going to ruin them by getting them all wet."

Duo tilted his head sideways and nodded. "I see. You're right, of course. I'll just take them off, so they won't get ruined.

Heero nodded in idle agreement and then his eyes widened as Duo began to strip slowly, teasingly in the shower. "Stop that, Duo" he demanded.

Duo looked at him innocently. "Stop what? I have to take them off. Elsewise they are going to be ruined."

"Baka, you already got them soaked."

Duo shrugged. "Well, hopefully they will still be salvageable." He threw his sodden t-shirt out on the bathroom's white tiled floor. His hands practically flew across the buttons on his jeans, and pushing them down along with his boxers, Duo stepped out of the articles and tossed them out onto the floor. "There Heero. Now you have no need to be embarrassed. Now turn around, so I can wash your hair."

Heero glared at the other boy's impertinence but did as he was bid. His mind whirling a mile a minute. Does he know? I thought that I had hid it so well. He can't know. Can he? But he's in here helping me, even though I don't need it. Well, maybe I do but I wasn't about to ask for his help. Still . . . Heero jerked himself out of his musings as he reached up for the shampoo bottle and thrust it back at Duo. He grinned to himself when he felt Duo hesitate before taking the proffered item.

Duo let his eyes travel over Heero's lithe form before being rudely shaken out of his reverie as a bottle of shampoo was thrust in his face. "Alright already. Impatient are we?"

"Hn."

Duo smiled and poured some of the creamy shampoo into his palm. Reaching up to Heero, he began to lather the shampoo into the Wing pilot's short hair.

Heero leaned against the wall of the shower, a soft moan escaping his lips as Duo rinsed his hair.

Duo paused. Did I just hear what I think I heard? Nah. There's no way. Duo went back to his task and Heero closed his eyes, implicitly trusting Duo.

After a few more minutes, Duo sighed. He could feel himself starting to harden which would be a very bad thing. "Your hair's done."

Heero nodded and pushed back off the wall, right back into Duo's erection. The two teens gasped at the contact and Duo blushed. Hurriedly, he clambered out of the shower, water dripping in his eyes and his head felt heavy. His braid was giving him a headache as it weighed a ton when wet.

"You uh, be alright in here? I uh have to take care of dinner," Duo stammered.

Heero watched the other boy and wondered about the flushed look that Duo was suddenly sporting as well as the hardened shaft that he had felt only a moment before, but before he could ask anything, Duo bolted, grabbing a towel on his way out.

Duo raced out of the bathroom stark naked and ran into the bedroom. Towel drying quickly, he grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a black muscle t-shirt, hurriedly throwing the clothes on and rushing downstairs to the kitchen. He did not want to face the 'Perfect Soldier' any time soon. He had enough to worry about without adding more guilt to his conscience.

Duo wrung his hands nervously as he strolled into the kitchen, only to curse even more fluidly than before. Black smoke hung heavily in the air and he could smell burnt food. The chicken was over fried. It was a solid black mess while the veggies looked like something out of a horror movie, all gooey and sticky looking. The rice was stuck to the pan as the water had been completely boiled off. Sighing, he headed for a window to let the smoke out. His mind on a certain stoic pilot, Duo went about the room, trying to clean up as much as he could.

Duo was still cleaning when Heero entered the kitchen and made an awful face. "Duo, what happened in here?"

Duo swivelled around from the stove that he was trying to clean, coughing as the smoke filled his lungs. A startled expression was on his heart shaped face as he was surprised to see the other pilot downstairs and apparently feeling quite well. Shaking the thought off, he rushed over to the open window, hanging his head out of it for several minutes just trying to breathe smoke free air.

Finally, turning back around he saw Heero eyeing the kitchen in astonishment before the emotion was hastily covered up with Heero's normal annoyed look. Duo laughed a little to ease the tension while the other pilot just continued to stare. "Sorry, Heero. I guess I burnt dinner while I was helping you with your hair."

Heero shook his head slowly and headed for the refrigerator. Picking out another package of chicken and rice, he set them up on the stove and tossed the other pans in the sink to deal with later.

"What are you doing, Heero?"

"What's it look like, baka. I'm hungry, so I'm fixing dinner."

Duo sighed and turned away causing Heero to frown slightly.

"Besides, it was my fault you burnt the dinner you were fixing. I would put more vegetables out but we don't have any more."

Duo turned to look at the other boy once more. "It's alright, Heero." It was then he noticed the slight flush on Heero's cheeks and Duo went over to him. "Sit. You're still not well. I'll take care of dinner."

"Hn. That's what you said before."

Duo rolled his eyes. "Well, that was before I had such wonderful company."

Heero snorted but sat down. Duo poured him a cup of coffee, black with two sugars, and sat it in front of the stoic boy. "Drink this."

Heero wrapped his chilled hands around the ceramic mug, Duo had given him. Warmth began to seep back into his chilled bones as the heat from the cup warmed him. "Duo, about earlier?"

Duo blinked and busied himself with scrubbing some imaginary dirt off the countertop. Heero watched him carefully before the braided boy sighed and tossed the washrag into the sink. "Truth is, Heero. I just wanted to help you. You don't need to aggravate that shoulder anymore."

Something in Duo's tone said he was lying but Heero couldn't pinpoint it. After all, Shinigami didn't lie, right?