Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ First Times ❯ Telling Dr. J Off ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 4:

Duo sighed when he saw Heero go limp. Damn those blasted meddlers. They will pay for almost getting him killed. Duo knew he was overreacting, but he simply didn't care. His feelings for the Japanese boy were beginning to surface and Duo would make damn sure that Heero stayed alive. Hearing an in incessant beeping, he scrambled over to Heero's laptop and flipped it open. Dr. J's face was reflected back at him. Scowling, Duo asked, "what do you want?"

Dr. J's face showed surprise to be greeted by Duo and not by Heero. "Where's Heero?"

Duo turned venomous. Hissing between his teeth, he said softly, "you know damn well that he is asleep. You almost got him killed last night and for what? Some stupid laser? You don't even know what the Hell it does."

Dr. J smiled inwardly. Their plan was working, now to just get the two pilots in bed together. They could not afford to lose their top two operatives when they were so close to defeating OZ. "Now Duo. Calm down. I am sure Heero is fine."

"Yeah he is, no thanks to you."

Dr. J nodded. He knew he deserved that one since he was the one that told Heero to get the laser. The whole thing had been an elaborate scheme to get the two pilots to notice one another. He snapped back to attention when he realized Duo was speaking to him again.

"Do you even care that he was shot? Of course not, why should you as long as you get your precious toy." Duo's voice was pure sarcasm and venom and he knew it. He felt like a mother bear protecting her cubs and Heero was the cub. Though Duo was pretty sure Heero would take offense at that particular analogy. He set his mouth in a firm thin disapproving line as he regarded the Doctor with fury born of protectiveness and love.

Dr. J could see the pain evident in the boy's violet eyed gaze. Feeling just the slightest twinge of guilt, he asked "did he get it?"

Duo's mouth dropped open in pure shock. Sputtering, he was tempted to throw the laptop out the window but knew Heero would kill him, and besides it wouldn't help curb his desire for revenge against the sadistic doctors. "You . . . you . . . Oh God. You really don't have a heart do you? He's been barely conscious ever since he stumbled in here late last night; he's been burning up with fever and having nightmares and all you care about is your blasted laser?!!!"

Dr. J winced at Duo's tone. The boy's voice was continuing to rise with each word he uttered. "Now Duo."

"Oh no, don't you now Duo me. I will not be placated. If you want that Damn laser so frickin bad, you can come and get it. Heero and I are not accepting any further missions unless otherwise notified. That thing can rot for all I care. Duo out." Duo slammed the lid down on the laptop with enough force to rattle the keys and swivelled around, thoroughly ticked. What gall. How could they care more about that thing than Heero's life? And then to presume we would bring them the laser. . . They must be deranged. Placing his head in his hands, he let his braid swing over his shoulder as he stared at the worn carpet. Feeling a pair of eyes on him, he raised his head to see Heero's cobalt gaze. "Heero?"

Heero blinked in astonishment. He had heard every single word Duo had said to Dr. J. "You shouldn't have done that" he said quietly.

Duo blinked. "What? I shouldn't have told J and the others off or shouldn't have told him that we would not be accepting any missions till further notice?"

"Both. Duo you know we have to accept the missions. That's what makes us Gundam pilots."

"But Heero, they set you up. They wanted you to get hurt last night for some maniacal reason."

Heero nodded thoughtfully. "Hn. Makes sense. I mean they did the same thing with Quatre and Trowa."

"Yeah, but they didn't nearly get them killed."

Heero rolled his eyes. "Duo."

"Damn it Heero. They act as if we are nothing but toys to them. I won't let them play us that way anymore, not if it means that . . . that oh forget it. It's not important." He began to fuss over the other pilot, earning him several patented Heero Yuy death glares which Duo calmly ignored.

Heero scowled as the self proclaimed God of Death began fussing over him. Batting Duo's hands away, he yelled "Duo?!!" in a more impatient tone, causing the other boy to flinch slightly. The heedless muttering paused briefly before returning with a vengeance and Heero swore under his breath.

Finally, Heero couldn't take it any more and grabbing the braided baka's arm, he held the smaller boy still enough to face him. Duo's quiet mumbling and griping about the unfair scientists abruptly ceased to exist as he felt himself being drawn toward Heero when Heero grabbed his arm.

"Shut up. I am fine, " he growled out.

Duo nodded. "Yeah sure. That's why you can't even barely stand on your own."

Heero growled threateningly which Duo still pointedly ignored. After all, he was used to the Yuy death threats.

Duo moved closer to the other pilot.

Heero eyed Duo warily as he slowly approached him. Swallowing hard, Heero suddenly felt as if he was being stalked. "Duo?" he asked gruffly. "What are you doing?"

Duo blinked. "What are you talking about Heero?" Unconsciously, he drew even beside the hazy Wing pilot. "I'm not doing a thing."

Heero stared at the violet orbs which seemed to be very dilated at the moment or maybe it was just Heero's drugged mind making him think that. Whatever it was, it was starting to unnerve the normally unflappable boy. Trying to distance himself from the suddenly seductive creature in front of him, he scooted back across the bed.

Duo licked his lips as he saw the confusion flickering across the other boy's face. Seeing Heero scoot away, Duo grinned and promptly followed the boy's path across the twin bed. Settling himself on Heero's waist, Duo leaned his head on Heero's chest. "Go to sleep Heero. And no faking it this time. Got it?"

Heero blinked and nodded. His breathing hitching at irregular intervals.

"Good. See you this evening when you are better then." Duo then levered himself up off the other boy and with a passing barb said, "Oh and don't get up. I'll bring dinner to you."

Heero attempted to glare but failed miserably as his body shut down for real this time.

Duo studied the sleeping figure for a moment before taking his leave. He shut the door securely behind him and leaned heavily on it. His emotions were in total chaos as he slid to the floor and wrapped his hands about his knees. His braid lay across his right shoulder as if trying to comfort him.

Oh man. Why did I go and do that for? Now he's gonna think that I am an even bigger idiot than before. He scowled. I don't want him to think that I am an idiot. I want him to . . . to like me. Duo blinked as that registered but then he shrugged it off. It was true. He wanted Heero and not just as a friend and comrade but he wanted him as something more. He pursed his lips. Do I really want him as a lover?"

And the answer was of course he did.