Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Overboard ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Epilogue

Spring came early to Darke’s Cove that year, with hazy clouds of candyfloss blossom, green-spotted swirls and drifts of white snowdrops beneath the oak tree, and fluffy chicks, that made peeping noises, and hid in the azaleas, from the small and bloodthirsty ferret tribe that now haunted them. Tyler, to Heero’s horror, and Duo’s secret delight, had found a girlfriend for Fez, around at McKinnon’s place. Guiltily, Heero hoped fervently for the day that Aaron Cooper went off to reform school.

Heero was making a bed, for himself and Duo, to one of Duo’s designs. Joe Lowe thought that it looked a lot like a cupped hand, with tall, curvy posts, made of some shiny dark wood, and Duo had smiled and said, yeah, that that was so that he would always feel like Heero was holding him, even if he wasn’t there, and Heero had grabbed him and kissed him, until Joe had thought that he might go see if there were any dishes to do. Those two were sappy like that. But it was a beautiful bed, and they were both out in the shed doing something to it right now. At least, there was a lot of giggling coming from that direction. Joe had decided to not go anywhere near the shed until he was at least twenty-one.

Joe was in a pensive mood, that bordered on grumpy. Mari was moving. Upstate somewhere, part of the endless rush and surge towards the city and he really didn’t want her to go.

But they’d chat every night on-line, much like they did now. And Mari had invited him to visit in the holidays. Said that there was a wicked theme park nearby. And it was hard to be sad when she was so happy. Her parents were getting back together, and she and her Mom were moving to be with her Dad. He had a gallery somewhere, some funny name. It turned out that Mari wasn’t a Kostiki at all, although the name did still start with a K.

When Duo had heard Mari’s real name he’d laughed and laughed. Said that at last a Khushrenada finally had one of his paintings. Duo had a nice laugh, and when he laughed you just had to laugh with him. Even Heero. Heero laughed all the time now. It was all pretty good.

It was real funny how Duo knew Mari’s dad.

Duo’s Uncle Gerald said that it was all just part of the strange power of coincidence.





Finis.




October 2005
+++


So there you have it. Not exactly a fusion with the wonderful Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell movie Overboard, but not exactly not either. Definitely inspired by.

And, by the book ‘Horace Sippog and the Siren’s Song’ by Su Walton, a very entertaining story, which bears no resemblance to this one whatsoever, but has a similar style of storytelling, with an ensemble cast, overlapping lives and coincidence rampant. And, of course, I pinched the titles. ^_^

Cheers,
Justkat ^_^

+++