Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ All Knotted Up ❯ Sano's Break ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hana Kimi or any of its characters.
However, if you want to blame anyone for taking this incredibly pure and sweet manga and making it hentai, that'd be me. Please don't sue. I don't own anything to make suing me worthwhile anyway.



ALL KNOTTED UP INSIDE - A Hana Zakari No Kime Tachi E fanfiction
 
CHAPTER 10
 
After the school year ended, Sano went back to his father's house in Hokkaido for the first time in five years.
 
At the end of dinner on the first night back, the conversation turned naturally to his final year in high school, and what he was planning to do after graduation, and if he wanted to continue on at Ohsaka Gakuen, or if he'd consider coming back to school in Hokkaido.
 
“I've already come so far at Ohsaka, I feel it's best to continue on the path that I've chosen.”
 
“I… assumed you would feel that way,” his father replied stoically.
 
“However, upon graduation, I was considering… going to college here in Hokkaido - that is, if you don't mind me living so close to home.”
 
His father smiled at him, but didn't say anything - not quite trusting his words. Instead, his stepmom grinned and said, “Are you KIDDING? That's great!”
 
“Yeah, I know. You just want to be close to home so you can bask in all *my* victories next year in high jumping - cuz you know I'll be beating your record soon enough!”
 
Izumi laughed and said, “We'll just see about that. You know, you talk pretty big for someone so short.” The rest of the family laughed while Shin protested that he was almost the same exact height as Izumi.
 
“And you know what, by next year, I'll probably even be taller than you. And I might even beat your jump records THIS year, cuz you're going to be in a single room as a 3rd year, so you won't have that Ashiya-guy there all the time to get you drinks and stuff…” Shin cut off as he saw Izumi's face drop and realized he may have gone too far.
 
His dad, however either didn't notice or ignored the way Izumi's mood shifted. “Ah! So that boy was bringing those lemon slices to YOU!” He smiled slightly and said, “He was a very nice boy, but he seemed a bit… pretty - I almost thought he was a girl when I ran into him. I didn't know you were roommates.”
 
Izumi's face dropped a bit more, as he remembered that the only reason he was here with his family now was because of Mizuki, and that he wouldn't see her for at least a year.
 
Shin jumped in to try and lighten things up, “Yeah, he was pretty weird, but he seemed pretty nice. He really went out of his way for us- I mean you.”
 
Izumi set both hands down on the table and cleared his voice. “Mom. Dad. Shin. I think I need to tell you something.” They stopped what they were all doing and looked at him apprehensively. It was obvious that this was something serious.
 
“For almost two years, my roommate at school has been Ashiya Mizuki - who came all the way from the U.S. just to go to the same school as me, because Ashiya was inspired when she saw my jump. When you think about it, it seems pretty weird that we'd end up roommates. But I think now that there was a reason for it.
 
“You should know that… Hm… How do I say this?...
 
“Ashiya Mizuki… disguised her identity to get into the school.”
 
“What!? A girl at an all boys' school! That's… That's…” his mother seemed to be wavering between being amused and feeling ashamed for the girl.
 
“DUDE! Oh, man! So that's why… I mean… I *thought* he was really girly!” Shin tried not to let show how happy and relieved he was that this person was in fact a female.
 
His father cleared his throat. “I believe that's not all that Izumi wants to say.” He'd been watching his son very closely, and could see that he hadn't finished. He kept his face carefully neutral. “Please continue.”
 
“I will state this as simply as I can. As soon as I graduate, I plan to go to America and get her, and bring her back with me as my wife.”
 
His mother and Shin stared at him with their mouths open. His father, however, responded with, “I see.” He pushed his chair back from the table. Mrs. Sano and Shin both looked at him nervously, anxious as to what he intended to do.
 
“Izumi, may I speak with you alone for a moment?” Without waiting for a response, he turned and walked out of the room to his study. Izumi paused for a moment, then with a determined look upon his face, he pushed away from the table and followed his father.
 
In the study, his father was standing behind an armchair, hands gripping the back of it. He stared toward the shrine for his deceased first wife. Izumi closed the study door behind him, and at the sound, his father started and turned toward his son. He gestured toward the second armchair, then walked around the chair he had been behind, and sat in it.
 
Once seated, they sat in silence for a few moments. Then, still staring at the shrine for his wife, Takehiko spoke. “Izumi, you left this house as soon as you were able to be on your own. You are… you are your own man. I know that you don't owe me anything. Still, I… hope you know how much it… how glad I am that… you're here.”
 
Izumi was startled by this. But he said nothing, waiting for what would come next.
 
“I was not a good father to you. So I know I don't have the right to really ask you… However… I can't help but wonder…” He stopped, at a loss for how to continue.
 
Izumi interrupted, “I knew she was a girl almost the whole time she was there. But I didn't tell her that I knew until she was found out by the dorm heads. By then, I already knew that I was in love with her. And I knew that I did not want to go on without her.”
 
Takehiko looked over at the photo of his wife, then back at Sano. “She brought you honeyed lemons.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
There was a slight pause. Then Takehiko visibly made a decision and turned to his son. “Are you certain that she loves you as much as you love her?” He placed in his face just a touch of scorn. “After all, a girl who would go so far just to meet you - it might just be obsession.”
 
“She is the only reason I'm here, father!” Izumi's eyes flamed at his father. “She… the whole time you were at Ohsaka Gakuen, she spent the whole time trying to get me to talk to you. And Shin… She…” He looked off to the side, away from his father. He remembered every time she cried over him. “She worried about me all the time. She only ever wanted me to be happy. She's the only person I've ever known who cared more about me than… than anything.”
 
His father nodded as he stood, and walked over to a locked box at the shrine. He pulled out a key, unlocked the box and removed something small. Then he closed and relocked the box.
 
“Good,” Takehiko said. “Then you should give her this.” He held his closed fist out in front of him, and Sano looked up, then held his hand out to receive what his father was offering. He felt something cold and small hit his palm, and pulled his hand back to see a gold princess-cut diamond ring.
 
“You forget. I did meet this girl… Your mother would be very happy if her ring went to someone who loves you as much as she does.” His eyes were moist, but he still maintained a stoic façade.
 
Izumi looked up at his dad with shock on his face.
 
In a second, he had stood and grabbed him in a tight hug. “Dad,” he breathed. “Thank you.”
 
Takehiko stood frozen, then wrapped his arms around his eldest son. A tear slid from his eye. `No. Thank *you*, Ashiya Mizuki.' He held his son tightly and quietly said, “I hope you'll bring her by for us all to meet her properly some day.”
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
The remainder of his time at home went very quickly. Izumi and Shin practiced together. And Takehiko and his son spent some quiet time, getting to know each other - silently apologizing for all the years of anger.
 
X X X END CHAPTER X X X