Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ All Knotted Up ❯ Some letters ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hana Kimi or any of its characters.
However, if you want to blame anyone for taking this incredibly pure and sweet manga and making it hentai, that'd be me. Please don't sue. I don't own anything to make suing me worthwhile anyway.



ALL KNOTTED UP INSIDE - A Hana Zakari No Kime Tachi E fanfiction
 
CHAPTER 11
 
When they came back to start their third year, they found that there were more third years in Dorm Two than there were single rooms, and there were fewer first and second years than there were previously. This meant that a few - like Sekime and Noe - opted to continue to share a room, even though they were third years. And it meant that Sano was allowed to stay by himself in the room he'd shared with Ashiya.
 
School started similarly to every other year. The first time they all went to the cafeteria together, Noe commented about how weird it was that Ashiya wasn't there. Sano just stared into his kitsune udon - only this time, it didn't seem funny. And Nakao… Nakao sighed and said, “I really miss her.” They all nodded in agreement. Sano smiled sadly.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Dear Ashiya,
 
I can't even believe that you're not here with me this year. I guess we knew that this might happen from the start. But still, I guess I still wish that you would have been able to graduate with me.
 
I stayed at my dad's house over the break. We're taking it slowly, but we're talking. I think we both feel a bit regretful that we missed out on being family. I never understood that he missed my mom as much as I did. And I think he blamed himself for her not being there. Maybe it's because I'm older, but a lot of things really make more sense.
 
Dad asked me to thank you. Shin told him how hard you worked to get us all together.
 
I told them all that I asked you to marry me - oh, and I explained about you being a girl, not a guy, so don't worry about that. Shin seemed pleasantly surprised that you were a girl. I think he may have developed a small crush on you. But when I told him that you were going to marry me, he sighed then said “Well, I guess it'll be pretty cool to have her as a sister.”
 
The gang here all misses you. It's been really weird without you. Nakatsu, Kayashima, Noe & Sekime all agree. Nakao I think feels neglected. He not only lost Nanba, but then you left, too. He doesn't even seem to care that there's a new school idol among the first years.
 
Well, I hope to hear from you soon. I am a bit worried as to how your mom and dad reacted to you being at an all boys' school. I hope everything is going well.
 
I love you and miss you.
Sano
 
Mizuki read the letter again. Then she folded it up and put it inside the front cover of the journal. Then she flipped to the next blank page.
 
The morning sickness had hit her about two weeks after she got home. It was a good thing that her brother had set her up with a great OB/GYN. He made sure she had some prenatal vitamins, and her whole family made sure that she would eat - even when she couldn't keep it all down. The baby needed nutrients, even if she thought it would be better to not eat so that she didn't have to throw up as much.
 
She made sure when she was writing in her journal to be honest about everything - even the sick parts. This was tough because she'd rather just not talk about it. But she wanted the record of everything to be as accurate as possible.
 
She'd write in it every day. Without fail.
 
She also wrote letters to Dr. Umeda and Io about once a week. But she never wrote a letter that was sent to Sano. Not one. Instead, when she wrote in the journal, she wrote that as if she were writing letters to Sano. Telling him of her progress. As if he'd be with her someday and would be upset about what he'd missed, so she wanted to fill him in. It helped her keep a positive mindset, even if she didn't believe that he'd ever read it.
 
Sano.
I got a letter from you today. It made me so happy to hear about you and your dad. I want nothing but for you to be happy. It sounds like school is going well. I'm so glad.
 
I had my first appointment with the doctor here yesterday. He says that I'm in good health, and that the baby seems to be doing well also. He told me that I should be eating more. Can you believe it? I never thought anyone would ever say that to me. I'm supposed to gain 10 pounds by the time I see him next in three weeks. Normally, I'd want to eat a bunch of sweets then, but they don't taste so good when you throw them up. And I'm throwing up a lot. I think I'm going to try to stick to bread and butter for the weight thing. That doesn't taste as bad coming back again.
 
Your letter said that you miss me. I miss you, too. So much. It's funny. Every time I wake up, I seem to think that I'm back at school with you, and then I roll over looking for you, but you're not there. I wonder if I'll ever stop waking up looking for you. I guess that I hope I never do. It's a small price to pay for you to be able to reach your dreams. I just hope that if I ever do see you again that you'll forgive me for keeping another secret from you.
 
I love you, Izumi.
Mizuki
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
It had been a month since she'd left. Nakatsu had written to her right after the graduation ceremony. And today, there was a letter on sunflower stationery from the girl that had so stolen his heart that he was willing to give in to it even thinking she was a boy.
 
He rushed to the lounge, waving the letter over his head. “I got a letter from Ashiya!” he yelled, and instantly, he was surrounded by his friends.
“How is she?”, “Were her parents mad?”, “What's her new school like?”, “When's she gonna come back and visit?” Everyone wanted to know.
 
“I haven't opened it yet!”
 
“Well open it up and read it, you moron!” Nakao yelled at him.
 
They all gathered around him, as he sat on the couch in the lounge. He opened the letter and pulled out a single sheet.
 
Nakatsu,
 
Thanks so much for writing and telling me how the graduation ceremony went. I'm so happy that our presentation went over so well. The Senpais really deserved a nice ceremony.
 
I slept through most of the flight, but what I do remember of it went really smoothly.
 
Mom and Dad are doing well. They were a bit disappointed that I lied to them to get into the school, but overall, they were really supportive. Shizuki, my brother, was really happy to see me at home, so he's being really helpful. And Julia is the same as ever.
 
Guess what? I don't have to go to school any more! I guess since there was that grade difference when I transferred, and because in America we only go to school from September through June, we've covered more than all the required curriculum that I needed to graduate. All we had to do was transfer my credits to the local high school, and then I'll graduate in June. So now, I have to decide even quicker where I want to go to college. And I have to take the placement test - the SAT. I'm scheduled to take it next week, and Gilbert and Shizuki are helping me prepare. So wish me luck!
 
I miss all of you so much. Do me a favor and-
 
Nakatsu stopped reading and looked around. He saw that Sano wasn't in the room.
 
“What's up?” Noe asked.
 
“Yeah, why'd you stop?” asked Sekime.
 
“Um, guys, I'll read this to you, but you have to agree to do as she asks.” They all nod in agreement.
 
Do me a favor and take care of Sano - but don't tell him that I asked you to do that. I want him to be happy. And I know he's doing so well with his family, I don't want him to be worrying about me.
 
Nakatsu, you know how I feel about him. But, sometimes we aren't able to get what we want. So just watch out for him, and protect him for me.
 
With Love,
Mizuki
 
“What the hell does THAT mean?” Nakao asked. “I mean, we all know she loves him. Did he do something to her?”
 
“No.” Kayashima quietly responded. “But I think … she may want him to be able to focus on his final year.”
 
“Oh. That makes sense” they all answered, and agreed to keep the secret.
 
`You're not telling the whole truth, Kayashima,' Nakatsu thought. `Something did happen between them - but what? Well, anyway. I'll do as she asks and take care of him for her. Maybe I'll find out from him.'
 
Perfect timing, Sano walked into the lounge just then.
 
“Your mom write you a letter, Nakatsu?”
 
“Nope,” Noe responded quickly, “It's from Ashiya!” Sekime kicked him, and Noe yelled, “OW! What was… Oh.”
 
“You got a letter?” Sano asked Nakatsu quietly. His face was struggling to contain its emotion.
 
“Uh, yeah. She just wrote that she's doing okay. It was really short - not even a full page. Didn't you get a letter, too?”
 
“Well, I didn't check for mail today - maybe I should go look.” He quickly turned and strode out of the room.
 
At that point, they all turned toward Noe and glared at him. “Sorry!” And they all agreed that from now on, no one would tell Sano if they got a letter from her unless he'd gotten one first.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Sano rushed to the mailbox, but it was empty. And when he came back to the lounge, everyone had scattered. Only Nakatsu had waited for him. “So?”
 
Sano just shook his head. No letter. “Well, I'm sure she misses you.” Sano shrugged. “Come on. Let's go get dinner.”
 
“I'm not really hungry.” He walked back to his room, alone.
 
In his room, he sat at his desk and put his head in his hands. He looked out the window. `Mizuki. Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?'
 
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
 
“Sano, I'm coming in.” Nakatsu came in and sat down next to his friend. “You okay?”
 
“Nakatsu, did she… did she say anything about me in that letter?”
 
Nakatsu swallowed and said, “Nope. It wasn't very specific about anything. Just small talk.”
 
They sat in silence for a few minutes.
 
“Nakatsu, I… I want you to know that I asked Mizuki to marry me, and she said yes. But I did it just before she got into that car. And I haven't heard from her since…”
 
“Dude! That's so great! I wondered what it was you whispered to her that made her cry like that. I remember she said yes! That's so wonderful!” He slapped his friend on the back.
 
“But I've tried calling her, and I've written her about 5 times since then, and she is never home when I call, and she hasn't written to me. Do you think… Do you think maybe she changed her mind?”
 
Nakatsu looked him in the eye and said, “Sano, if there's one thing that I am absolutely certain of, it's that Mizuki loves you and will do anything to make sure you're happy. Do you really think she'd change her mind?”
 
Sano smiled at his friend. “My dad gave me my mom's wedding ring to give to her.” Nakatsu just smiled as his friend showed him the ring.
 
“That's gonna look really pretty on her.”
 
“Yeah.” They both smiled, picturing Mizuki in a wedding gown with the ring on her finger.
 
“You're one lucky SOB.” Sano smiled up at him.
 
“Nakatsu?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Thanks.”
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
That night, Sano had his first Mizuki nightmare. She was walking away from him, and he was running after her. But the faster he ran toward her, the farther away she got. He yelled for her to stop, and she looked over her shoulder at him and smiled sadly before turning back and continuing to drift farther away. He woke up screaming her name.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Mizuki had her baby in mid-November. The labor was difficult, but because it was Sano's baby, she would not give up. Still sweaty from the labor, the nurses had cleaned up their child and placed it in her arms. She looked down to see a beautiful child with Sano's eyes looking back up at her, and she started to cry.
 
That's when the door to the delivery room burst open. Sano strode in and saw her with the baby in her arms. “Did you really think you could get away with lying to me?” He walked over to her and pulled the child out of her arms. “You disgust me. You don't deserve to be a mother!” He turned around and stormed out of the building, taking their child with him.
 
She strained from the bed, crying, “No! Sano, NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!”
 
She sat bolt upright in bed. And looked around to see she was in her bedroom in her parents' house.
 
`Dreaming. I was dreaming…
 
`He was so angry…
 
`Sano, are you going to hate me no matter what I do?' She lay back down and hugged her pillow and cried herself back to sleep.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Troublesome one,
 
You write that you're becoming acclimatized to being back in the states. You know, you really shouldn't bother writing to me if you're not going to be honest.
 
This year is dragging on slowly. There's no one here pestering me all the time. It's just too quiet.
 
When you find your mind troubled, think of me and dance.
Umeda
 
The letter was accompanied by a picture of the doctor with a rose in his teeth, being dipped by Ebi. The photo was signed on the back, “Hope you're blossoming, little flower. Love, Akiha”
 
She smiled when she read the letter. To think that Umeda had gone to the trouble of posing for Akiha just to send her a pick-me-up. She placed the letter and photo in her photo album, then opened the second letter she'd received.
 
Mizuki,
There's nothing new to write, but I miss you.
The cherry trees are all blossoming. It's really quite lovely - I wish you could see it. Sometimes when I'm jumping, I'll see some of the petals blowing in the wind above me. Pink and blue. It always makes me think of you.
 
I wonder if you know how much I love you. Without you by my side…
 
This is my first attempt at a love letter, so I hope you will be patient. I don't really know what I'm supposed to write.
 
I wonder how you would ever be able pass yourself off as a boy. I know I told you a lot that you had no sex appeal, but I hope you know by now that I was lying to make you feel more comfortable. You were always this beautiful girl that I needed to protect. Nanba would call you a princess. But that just doesn't do it for me. You're more than that.
 
That you spent any time at all with me, is beyond me. I just don't understand why you
I love you, Mizuki, and I miss you so much. I don't get to see your smiling face. I don't get woken up in the middle of the night as you stumble into bed next to me. I don't get to hold you anymore. I knew I would miss you if you left. I hope you are doing well in America.
 
Once I graduate, I will come for you. Will you still be waiting for me?
Please write to me soon.
Izumi
 
She held the letter to her chest, closed her eyes, swallowed hard, and fought off the tears that always seemed to be on the verge of breaking free.
 
“Oh, Sano. I love you,” she murmured. Then she walked over and added this letter to the stack of letters she'd already received from him. After being back in the states for almost two months, she'd received 15 letters already from him. Each letter she treasured. Even though she only allowed herself to read them once before putting them away. She tied the electric blue ribbon - he'd said it was his favorite color - around the stack, and placed it in her nightstand drawer.
 
`I just don't want to hurt him,' she thought, and turned to stare emotionless out the window. It was lunchtime, but she really didn't want to eat anything. The food had begun to lose it's flavor. After a few minutes of staring at nothing, she went back to her bed and crawled into the covers. It was easier to just sleep. And the baby would need rest, right?
 
X X X END CHAPTER X X X