Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ All Knotted Up ❯ It's Too Much ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hana Kimi or any of its characters.
However, if you want to blame anyone for taking this incredibly pure and sweet manga and making it hentai, that'd be me. Please don't sue. I don't own anything to make suing me worthwhile anyway.



ALL KNOTTED UP INSIDE - A Hana Zakari No Kime Tachi E fanfiction
 
CHAPTER 14
 
The dreams were getting worse. And more frequent.
 
Sano was sure that the fact that Mizuki seemed to be writing everyone but him wasn't helping. They had all started hiding the letters when he walked in, and telling him that they hoped to hear from her soon. But their guilty looks in between each other, followed by looks of… what was it? Pity? That was all he needed to see to know that he was the only one not hearing from Ashiya.
 
He was losing more and more sleep. The only time he could sleep is when he'd work himself into so much exhaustion that he could pass out without thinking. And then, he didn't always make it through the whole night.
 
The good news was that, in order to get that exhausted, he was training harder than he ever had before. When he saw her face in the sky, he could forget about the feeling that he was losing the most important person in his life - she was right there with him.
 
Recently, the same dream had been recurring: Sano showed up to get Mizuki after graduation, and when he did, Mizuki was already married. To Gilbert. She would smile sadly at him and ask him what he wanted from her, and when he said that he was coming just like he had written, so that he could marry her, she'd shake her head sadly and say, “Sano. You were just an obsession I had as a girl. But I had to be smart. Gilbert is my first love.” Then she'd turn away to close the door on him and Gilbert would come up to her, embrace her intimately and kiss her. And he'd wake up in a cold sweat.
 
But he kept writing to her. Every time he woke up from a nightmare.
 
Mizuki,
 
Not much more to tell you than the last time I wrote.
 
I just… Do you remember when we danced that night? You looked so beautiful in your dress that I thought everyone was sure to figure it out. All I wanted to do was dance with you. Did you know that? I was in love with you even then.
 
This letter doesn't sound much like me, and I'm sorry. I'm just missing you. Sometimes thinking about marrying you is all that's keeping me going here at school.
 
I finally made it past my old record. I'm breaking new ground. Kagurazaka and I have gone head to head a lot. I've beat him more than lost this year. He's really pissed. That should make me want to laugh. Shouldn't it?
 
Dad and I are getting along really well now. Shin is doing great. I know I wouldn't even be talking with them today if it weren't for you.
 
God, I miss you.
 
Please write me soon and tell me that you're okay. I worry about you being without me there. I know your brother and your mother and father wouldn't let anything happen to you. And I'm sure Gilbert is by your side instead of me now. (In this part, the writing was a extra firm - as if that hurt him to write.) But please write, okay? I just want to make sure you're okay - regardless of anything.
 
If you don't write me soon, I may have to quit school and come to you now.
 
With all my love, I am yours,
 
Izumi.
 
He put it into an envelope and sealed and addressed it without re-reading it.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
“Julia, I know what I'm doing. You read his letter. He… says he's going to come for me if I don't write him.
 
“And if I don't break it off with him now, he'll probably come anyway.
 
“I have to end it with Sano or he'll find out. And then he'll give up everything for me. I had to come up with some reason why he won't want me anymore.”
 
“Mickey,” Julia shook her head. “I don't agree. I think you're making him more miserable by not telling him than you ever would by telling him. The guy LOVES you!”
 
“No. I know he does. But what can I do? He can't come.” It's now been 14 weeks since she left. She's got dark circles under her eyes. She was sleeping all the time, but none of it seemed to go very well. Her nightmares were getting worse. They were disjointed and surreal - because they're all based on her fears - but they would wake her up almost every night.
 
“I need him to stop worrying about me and stop thinking about me. I need him to forget about me. Or else he won't go on. And then I won't be able to go on.”
 
Julia read the letter again:
 
Sano-san,
 
I am sorry that I haven't written you. I just didn't know how to tell you in a letter what I need to tell you.
 
When I got back, everyone was very happy that I was home to stay. Gilbert - I believe you met him when you were here that one time - has asked me to marry him.
 
How could I turn my back on my first love?
 
I hope you can forgive me someday. I only wish for you to be happy in your life. That is my dearest wish in the whole world.
 
Be well always.
Ashiya Mizuki
 
“Well, you didn't lie anywhere in the letter. You just wrote everything so that he would think that you're getting married to Gilbert. I'm sure Gilbert would love that! But I still think this will hurt him more than being honest with him would! He's pretty much told you point blank in his letter that he's scared he's going to lose you to him, and you're confirming it!” She saw the stubborn pout on Mizuki's face, and sighed. She hugged her friend.
 
“Well, whatever happens, you know I'll always be here for you.”
 
X X X END CHAPTER X X X