Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ The Extent of Denial ❯ Resignation ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Ooo, smutty chapter! Lock door and read alone in dark. :D Akira's dignity is a little compromised. >:P
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
 
Hikaru fumbled for his cell phone as he tore out of the parking lot of Akira's apartment complex, unable to stand it for another minute. He held it to his ear, not breathing as it rang through.
 
“Hello?” Kota's smooth coffee and cream voice answered. It was a bracing, soothing voice, a little deep, a little dark and very pleasant.
 
“Kota, you're home! I know you probably just got home, but…can I come over?” He hoped that he didn't sound as desperate as he felt at the moment.
 
“Shindou! Of course you can. I'll be waiting.”
 
He smiled. “Thank you. I'll see you soon.”
 
“Ok, till then.”
 
Hikaru flipped his phone closed and tossed it into the recently vacated passenger seat, smile fading. It had not been a good day. He would stop by his own house for a quick shower and change so that he could be at least slightly presentable.
 
He grimaced as he recalled the conversation he'd just had with Akira.
 
“Why don't you come up, Hikaru?” Akira asked him, about to get out of the car. Those aqua eyes were still very intense and perilous to his sanity, drawing him in and rolling him under.
 
The feelings from the beach were still very much in force. “Uh, I can't, Akira. I'm going to see Kota, remember? I don't really have any more time to hang out with you.” He tried to laugh.
 
A peculiar expression flickered over Akira's features for a split second, and he saw a flash of anger and pain at the tail end of it before the other boy's face smoothed out again. It was a little frightening, to say the least.
 
“I see,” Akira replied flatly, eyes skimming over him briefly before returning to his face.
 
“You'll have your house warming party soon, right? I'll see you then.” Hikaru tried for convincing.
 
“Indeed. I hope you'll spend more time with me then.” Akira's eyes were compelling and powerful, seizing his will and his right to refuse and crushing them.
 
“Y-yes…I promise I'll spend more time with you then,” he heard himself stutter.
 
“I enjoyed the time we spent together today…after the restaurant.” His rival's gaze was still locked with his, pinning him.
 
“Yes,” he agreed, trying to put the beach out of his mind with a vengeance.
 
Putting lotion on Akira had been just as torturous as having the other boy put it on him. His friend hadn't made any secret of the fact that he enjoyed Hikaru's hands on his body. Despite the fact that he'd tried to keep it as innocent as possible, Akira had lain on the blanket with his eyes closed, blushing and biting his lip. He'd found himself wondering why the other pro was doing this to him now, of all times.
 
Though things had proceeded normally enough after that, Akira had managed to find reasons to touch him, to be close to him, to give him burning looks.
 
Aware that Akira was still watching him silently, he felt the urge to speak again. “No more pictures, Akira,” Hikaru said firmly.
 
Dark lashes swept down to veil aqua eyes, doing nothing to cut the intensity of their gaze. “I'll try not to,” the other boy said, abruptly getting out of the car and shutting the door.
 
A moment later, Akira turned and leaned down, pressing a hand to the glass and looking in at Hikaru with strange, sad eyes. Pleading eyes. With that, his rival turned away and began walking towards the building.
 
He watched for a moment, hypnotized by the slight sway of Akira's hips and the graceful way in which he moved. Even the way his hair fluttered in the slight breeze was perfect.
 
Wrenching his attention away, he started the car.
 
Hikaru shuddered, glad to be pulling into his driveway. Akira was going to have to visit him in an asylum soon if he kept this up. He turned off the car and leapt out, not even bothering to lock it. It would only take him ten minutes to run in, take a shower, and get the hell out.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
Akira leaned back against his apartment door as it closed behind him, bracing himself against it. His hands were shaking. Come to think of it, his entire body was shaking - shaking with need for Hikaru. It was absolutely blinding, overpowering all sense and logic. He had almost broken several times today.
 
What had he come to that he would lose himself so completely in a public place? He didn't think that anyone had walked by or seen them, but how would he have known, since he had completely submerged himself in Hikaru's beautiful green eyes and the way in which they captured and reflected the sunlight? They practically glowed in the light.
 
But Hikaru's eyes hadn't been the only thing luring him in and seducing him. Everything about the other boy excited him to a fever pitch, drove him to get as close as he possibly could.
 
The more his rival avoided him and dodged his advances, the more determined he became. Could it possibly end well? He didn't want to consider it. He was quite certain that he had clearly shown Hikaru his feelings today. He had not tried to disguise his need, or pretend that he was unaware of the need in the body pinned beneath his. He had not looked away or turned from the passion that raged between them. So why did Hikaru still run away? Was he so attached to Kota?
 
Akira pushed away from his door, heading directly for the restroom. He was sandy, tired and painfully aroused. For Hikaru, he would have tolerated sand in many places.
 
He dragged off his beach clothing and tossed it into the hamper, not bothering to close the restroom door as he stepped into the shower. He turned it on, adjusting it until it was just slightly too hot to be comfortable, and leaned back against the tile, closing his eyes.
 
“Hikaru,” Akira whispered to himself, wishing that the other boy was there with him. Wishing that what had happened at the beach had gone differently, or that it had ended differently.
 
If only Hikaru had taken Akira's fingers into his mouth and teased them with his tongue. If only they had been at the beach at night, when it was utterly dark and deserted. He could imagine then that the green-eyed boy might have cried out for him instead of simply giving him pleading, desperate looks and shifting helplessly beneath him.
 
Akira shivered as the Hikaru in his mind did just that, reaching out for him with hands that trailed down the sides of his waist, enflaming every bit of skin that they touched.
 
Hikaru,” he whispered again, biting his lip as he had earlier when Hikaru's hands had been on him. Although the bleach-banged boy had refused to straddle him, he had been able to feel the tremor in those hands, and could hear the hitched breaths that his rival had attempted to disguise.
 
He had wanted so badly, so badly for Hikaru to touch those parts of him that ached so savagely for the other boy.
 
Akira rested his hands lightly on his stomach, tentative and ashamed as he allowed them to flutter lower. He ended up this way much too often these days, and couldn't count how many times a picture or these sorts of thoughts had set him off recently.
 
“Why won't you touch me?” he murmured brokenly, then bit back a soft cry as his hands arrived at their destination. He tried to stroke his body as he thought Hikaru might - passionate, yet gentle.
 
He was rapidly getting to the point where he would beg for his rival to do this to him. It shamed him terribly, but pride was something he had precious little of lately. Pride would not win Hikaru over. Yes, he was only a breath away from begging.
 
When had just wanting to touch Hikaru become so much more? When had it become something like this? It was like an addiction, or a disease. He was so hungry, so empty. He needed, needed to be touched and held. That need seemed to be rather attached to the green-eyed boy. If this was so strong, then what was love like? The desire and passion that had become such an overwhelming need were consuming him.
 
Akira swallowed another moan, but part of it escaped him anyway. He couldn't tolerate hearing himself make these wretched, wanton noises alone. He brought one hand up to bite down on, increasing the pace of the other as his legs began to tremble more violently.
 
He couldn't have opened his eyes if he wanted to, but the images of Hikaru played better in the darkness of his mind, anyway. He had wanted to rock his body against his friend until he lost all control, until they both reached the place that they craved…together.
 
He gasped, teeth releasing the hand he'd been biting down on. “Nnn…ah…Hika…ru…” The broken words spilled over without his conscious consent as he slipped down the wall, at last ending up sitting on the floor. He pressed back against the hard wall, legs bent and spread to accommodate a Hikaru that wasn't there, and the images in his mind shattered into brilliant fragments as his body at last gave him the response that he'd been seeking.
 
It was no surprise that his concentration was pale and broken now. It seemed that he could only think of Hikaru and what he wanted to do with the other boy, or the next time he'd get to see that precious face light up. The joy he felt every time he recognized that it was his rival that stood there waiting for him, turning to greet him…
 
“Is this what it feels like…to love you, Hikaru?” he mumbled, turning his face into the tile wall.
 
Akira was barely aware of his naked body that was currently sprawled partially across the floor of the shower. He didn't feel any particular urge to rearrange himself, or to be dignified at the moment.
 
He laughed a little. “I can't fight it any longer,” he whispered with a faint, exhausted smile. “I…resign. You…you win.”
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
 
“Yo,” Hikaru said as Kota opened the door in response to his knock.
 
His boyfriend greeted him with a warm, wide smile. “Hey, you. Come on in. You look tired.”
 
“I am,” he replied, walking past Kota into the apartment. He leaned down to remove his shoes.
 
“How was your day with…Touya, was it?”
 
Hikaru glanced up at Kota - who was standing over him, gazing down with a slightly guarded expression. “Yes, Touya. It was fine. He wears me out, though.”
 
“You didn't tell me you'd had a relationship with him,” Kota said quietly, dark eyes serious and somewhat displeased.
 
“What?!” he squawked, straightening to stare at his boyfriend with his mouth hanging open. “What are you talking about?”
 
“I'm wrong? The way he looks at you, the familiarity, the undertones…it seemed obvious to me that there was something there like that.” Kota's expression was just slightly challenging.
 
“Are you serious?” he asked incredulously, struggling to work his face out of shocked and into some other, more interesting expression. Gaping like an idiot wasn't very useful.
 
“Absolutely serious. He was giving me some very evil looks. He's very possessive of you, and he was pretty determined to rub my face in it. Didn't you see it?”
 
Hikaru winced, feeling horribly guilty. He hadn't suspected. “No. He's always jerky. I guess I'm just used to it. He wasn't such an ass when we were…uh…12. Something happened to him. Maybe it was my becoming his rival and actually catching up to him, or maybe it was adolescence. I don't know, but he's just like this now.”
 
“It's difficult to compete with, especially when I bear an uncanny resemblance to him and he is allowed to use your given name, whereas I, your boyfriend, am not allowed that familiarity. I know we've only been together for a few days…” Kota looked down, dark eyes heartbroken. “But I want to be with you…for a long time.”
 
Hikaru wanted to hide his face in his hands. “I hadn't noticed the resemblance.” That earned him a disbelieving look. “But…you can call me Hikaru, Kota.” He couldn't very well continue keeping his boyfriend at a distance with calling him `Shindou' when Akira was trying to molest him at every turn. It just wouldn't be very fair.
 
Kota smiled at him, and it had a touch of shyness. “Thank you.” The dark-eyed man wandered over to the couch, sitting down. “I was just watching T.V. Is that fine, or did you want to do something else?”
 
He went over to sit beside Kota, sitting as close as possible without being on top of the man. “That's fine.” Actually, he did want to do something else. He very much wanted to forget about Akira, because his body seemed to have no issue with remaining uncomfortable for the duration.
 
They were silent for a while, and Hikaru pretended to watch T.V., but he couldn't stop feeling Akira's hands on his body. He couldn't stop thinking about it.
 
He snuck a glance over at Kota. He had on a t-shirt and shorts, obviously dressed for hanging out on the couch for the evening.
 
Kota was very handsome, and of course he hadn't missed the definite resemblance to Akira, despite his words to the contrary. Without thinking about what he was doing, he laid a hand on his boyfriend's knee and slowly slid it up higher, kneading the flesh of the dark-eyed man's bare thigh.
 
Kota's head turned very slowly and those dark eyes widened, staring at him in complete shock. “Hikaru!”
 
He turned towards Kota, crawling over on hands and knees to straddle the man and gaze into his eyes. “Am I bothering you?” he asked softly, brushing his lips over his boyfriend's.
 
No, but…I did not expect this from you at all.”
 
“I missed you,” he replied simply, molding his body to Kota's.
 
Kota moaned softly, head falling back. “Hikaru—“
 
He pinned his boyfriend back against the cushions, kissing him deeply and suddenly, all of the restrained passion and need of the day boiling up to take control of him. He wanted the physicality, the realization of it, craved it so badly that he could taste it. Could taste Akira in his mouth…
 
Hikaru ground his body against Kota's sharply, gasping and closing his eyes. He felt the man's hands come up to grip his shoulders and ignored it, moving his body against the one pinned beneath him over and over as they kissed.
 
He broke the kiss involuntarily. “Aahh…” Hikaru clenched his jaw on the sound, knowing he couldn't stop this now that he'd started. There would be no way his raging desire would allow it. It was wildly out of control.
 
Hikaru!” Kota cried, hands tightening on his shoulders sharply.
 
“Nn?” he responded vaguely, opening his eyes just enough to see his boyfriend's face. It seemed that the dark-eyed man was a little alarmed.
 
“Do you know what you're doing? You can't…you can't just do this to me and expect me to stop…” Kota was gazing up at him with a hunger that was similar to the appetite that he'd seen in Akira's eyes.
 
“Who says I want you to stop?” he replied in a low, throaty voice.
 
Kota's eyes seemed to become even darker, and the man pushed him down onto his back on the couch, weight settling on top of him. “Are you certain that this is what you want, Hikaru? I won't go…all the way, but…”
 
“Yes,” he whispered, leaning up to kiss Kota fiercely again. His boyfriend's dark hair fell forward to brush his face, silky just like Akira's.
 
Just like Akira… He wanted Touya Akira with every fiber of his being. But Akira wasn't here, and wouldn't ever be with him like this, he was sure.
 
He sighed into the mouth that sealed his, content that things were no longer under his control. He could let go with Kota, quench this terrible need in this person's arms safely.
 
He was quite aware that he was moving way too quickly with Kota, but he didn't care, nor did he care what his friends and Akira thought of him. It was Akira's fault that he was desperate and falling apart like this in the first place. If Kota would take him away from it, if even for 20 minutes, then he invited his boyfriend to take him in any way he pleased. Anything to lose Akira for a little while.
 
Hikaru knew that he should break this headlong fall into Kota, should wrest himself away and do things properly, but he didn't have the strength. It wasn't right to do this the way he was doing it.
 
`I'm so weak,' he thought with disgust.
 
Kota's hands had slipped into his clothing without his noticing somehow and those graceful, Akira-like hands were caressing his torso with slow, sensual strokes. Hadn't he just gone through this a few hours ago? But at least this could end the way he wanted it to.
 
His body, already entirely too attuned to the touch of similar hands and craving for more of the same, responded with disturbing enthusiasm.
 
“Have you done this before?” Kota murmured against his throat between kisses.
 
“No…no. I dated a girl, and we did…something. But…” He could hardly find the breath to speak.
 
Kota chuckled against his skin. “That's hardly the same thing,” the man murmured.
 
He arched up into his boyfriend's caress with a small, bitten back sound of pleasure as those fingers found their way under his shorts, skimming over him teasingly.
 
“No underwear or boxers?” Kota crooned softly. “Naughty.” He sounded delighted. “Did you plan this?”
 
“I wanted you to touch me,” Hikaru whispered, gazing up into the dark eyes that were so close to his. Aqua eyes that burned his skin with their demands…
 
I wanted it.
 
“You make it difficult to stop short of a complete consummation when you talk to me like that,” Kota replied hoarsely, dark eyes intent upon his face.
 
I wanted you somuch, Akira.
 
“You can do…whatever you want to me, Kota,” Hikaru said quietly, meeting his boyfriend's eyes steadily. “Please do whatever you want.”
 
The dark-eyed man inhaled sharply, closing his eyes. “Hikaru, don't say things like that to me. We barely know each other…and I don't want to rush this any more than we already are, even though I would love to do as you ask. Don't tempt me any further.”
 
He felt a stab of disappointment. In a way, he wanted to experience everything. He was beginning to like Kota. But it would never be the same as what he felt for Akira, and it was really Akira that he wanted to do everything with, to feel this way with.
 
Kota's hand moved suddenly, bringing his attention sharply back to the situation, and he cried out, writhing under the man. “Do you like that?” his boyfriend asked softly, repeating the motion slowly and surely.
 
Hikaru gasped and closed his eyes, nodding.
 
Kota nipped his lower lip. “Hey, look at me when we're like this. I want to look into your eyes.”
 
It felt extremely personal, but he complied. It made him feel absolutely exposed to have this person seeing his every reaction. Completely vulnerable. Thrilling, but disturbing.
 
“Touch me,” Kota said gently, dark eyes pleading.
 
Hesitantly, he copied the man's movements, trying to focus while his boyfriend continued touching him. It was a bit difficult, but he managed it. It wrung a cry out of Kota when Hikaru's hand finally brushed his arousal.
 
“Yes,” Kota whispered, urging him on with kisses and an increased pace.
 
Hikaru clenched his teeth against the strange feeling building within him. It bore a resemblance to how he felt when he touched himself, but it was definitely more powerful when brought about by someone else.
 
Without his permission, images of Akira flooded his mind: Akira's hands, Akira's eyes and mouth and body. Fingers pressing into his mouth between his parted lips, body rocking into his. Oh, god!
 
The feeling of his climax magnified violently, and his mouth opened in a silent scream, but all that came out of him was a loud, strangled cry. He writhed against the couch, dimly aware of Kota's low voice crying out in completion beside his ear. He tried to keep his focus, but his awareness hurtled forcefully through a white veil, smashing into those images and taking them down in pieces with his heart and his control.
 
Akira, Akira, Akira, Akira!
 
As he faded back into himself and out of the pleasure haze, he could no longer pretend that his fingers were wrapped around Akira, wet with the other boy's pleasure that he had brought about.
 
“That was extremely nice,” Kota said quietly, kissing Hikaru's temple lingeringly.
 
“Mmm…” he responded, opening his eyes to smile at his boyfriend. Those dark eyes were quite intent upon him.
 
“I don't know how safe you're going to be around me if you keep instigating things like this, Hikaru. It's too wonderful to share these sorts of things with you. It feels too natural. I only want more.”
 
“That's fine with me,” he said with a smirk.
 
“I'll remember that!” Kota teased, slowly disentangling himself from Hikaru to rise from the couch. “I'll get us something to clean up with.”
 
Hikaru smiled lazily and nodded, watching as Kota left the room. As soon as his boyfriend was gone, the smile fell and he buried his face in the cushions, smelling only Kota. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to convince himself that reality wasn't really that much colder than his fantasies. That this reality was the one that he wanted, the one that he could live with.
 
But he was only pretending, after all.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
 
Waya lightly beat a tattoo against his bedroom wall with his knuckles as he waited for Hikaru to pick up. The little punk had to answer his phone at some point. It was already past 10 P.M., but he didn't care. He'd been trying on and off for hours, and it was Hikaru's own fault if he was woken up by the phone call he hadn't answered earlier!
 
The third ring was interrupted by a click. “Hullo?” Hikaru answered thickly, sounding half-asleep.
 
“You were not asleep at this time, were you? Tell me you weren't. If you were, I'll have to come over there and kick your ass! Where have you been?”
 
“Uh…no, I wasn't asleep. I just got out of the shower. I was at Kota's for a while.”
 
Was it his imagination, or did Hikaru sound faintly embarrassed? “Oh? And what were you doing at Kota's that you wouldn't answer your phone!” he teased obnoxiously, expecting a vehement denial.
 
“We…just…well, stuff, Waya. Geez, shouldn't you know these sorts of things since you're with Isumi?”
 
Oo. Defensive. He was shocked to hear Hikaru say such a thing, though. “Stuff? Don't tell me that you actually did things with Kota, Hikaru.”
 
There was too long of a pause from Hikaru before he spoke. “Actually, yes, we did.”
 
Waya felt his eyes go wide, and the phone started to slip through his fingers. He fumbled frantically, reclaiming it before it could fall. “What the fuck, Hikaru! You've only known this jerk for a few days!! It hasn't even been a week! I know you don't think things through, but this is out there even for you, man! And what about Touya?”
 
Hikaru laughed softly. “I just want to feel normal again, Waya. If being with Kota is the way to do that, which I think it is, then I'll throw myself into it. I can't think about Akira anymore. He's the thing that's driving me crazy. Can't you see that? I'll never be happy if I have to think of him, wish for him, hope for his touch. Isn't that a little pathetic? I don't know what's going on with Akira, and I've stopped trying to figure it out. It doesn't involve real feelings for me as far as I can tell, so I'm staying clear, no matter what he does.”
 
Waya felt his brow furrowing. “Hikaru, I don't know if that's the way to handle this. Aren't you going to regret letting Kota have his way with you?”
 
“It doesn't matter. I already regret a little what we did earlier, but mostly what I regret about it is that it wasn't Akira. Do you really want to hear all of this?” Hikaru's tone was brittle and a little bitter.
 
Very unlike normal Hikaru, in Waya's informed opinion. “Yeah, sure. We're friends, right? I might not be all introspective and shit like Isumi, but I want to try to help you anyway.”
 
“Why are you two still using family names? Why don't you switch to a first name basis, since you are intimate now?”
 
Waya was startled by the seeming randomness of the question. “I don't think we've ever really thought about it. Just seems kind of weird, since we've been calling each other those names for years.”
 
“Hm,” Hikaru replied, sounding dissatisfied.
 
“But that's beside the point. What did you mean when you said something about Akira doing things? What is he doing?”
 
Hikaru sighed explosively in frustration. “Dammit, Waya, what isn't he doing? I think he really enjoys jerking my chain. I can't understand why he's doing it. I never thought that he was that kind of person. Quiet and serious, yes, but sadistic and cruel? Not really.”
 
Waya wandered over to his bed and sat down, vague thoughts of he and Isumi cluttering his mind. “Are you sure he's trying to be that way? I know he's an ass, but I don't see him as wanting to hurt you like that. The way he's been acting lately makes me wonder.”
 
“What do you mean?” Hikaru asked sharply.
 
“Well, you know, spacing out. Knocking over his drink and all. That's not Touya Akira as we know him. I'll bet that's the first time that anyone has seen him do something clumsy and embarrassing!”
 
“Do you think that means something?” Hikaru asked hesitantly. Hopefully.
 
“I don't know for sure, of course,” Waya warned, not wanting to encourage his friend in something hurtful. “But maybe you should be a little more open-minded.”
 
“I have a boyfriend,” Hikaru replied flatly.
 
“You sound like that's some permanent state. What if Touya does care about you?”
 
“And what if he doesn't?” the other boy retorted in a hard voice. “Besides, him wanting to experiment with me is hardly very moving.”
 
Waya rolled his eyes. “What is he doing, Hikaru?”
 
“He keeps asking me to spend the night. And he keeps touching me. We went to the beach today, and he was so far away from his usual self - you'd have to see it to believe it. But right there on the beach, he forced me to let him put lotion on me!”
 
Waya smirked. “What's so bad about that? He just sounds a little clingy for Touya.”
 
“No, Waya, no. You totally don't understand. He straddled me. He put his fingers in my mouth! H-he…rocked into me! On the beach. And then he took a fucking picture!”
 
Waya couldn't stop himself - he started laughing. “Oh…my fucking god!” he choked out between fits of laughter.
 
“Waya! Waya!!” Hikaru cried, offended. “Stop laughing!”
 
After a minute, he managed to regain control of himself, but he couldn't banish the huge grin that was breaking his face. “Dude, I see that sort of behavior as an invite! Why aren't you taking him up on it? For Touya to do something that crazy! His hormones must be killing off the part of his brain that keeps him repressed!”
 
“So…so you think he's really coming on to me?” Hikaru asked warily.
 
“Why are you retarded? Yes! I think he's fucking coming on to you, you idiot! What does he have to do, rip your clothes off??”
 
“Hey! Stop insulting me, dumbass. You don't have any room to talk! I thought Isumi was going to lose his mind waiting for you to get it!”
 
Waya felt a stab of annoyance at that. He was still sensitive over the rocky beginning that he and Isumi had experienced. “So what are you waiting for?”
 
“Waya, Akira trying to drive me crazy doesn't mean that he loves me, right?” The other boy's tone was bleak.
 
“Er…for Touya, it just might. So you do want him to love you?” He was a bit surprised to hear that from Hikaru.
 
“Of course,” his friend murmured. “Who wouldn't want Akira to love them?”
 
“Lots of people. He's a freak. But so are you, so I guess that's fine.”
 
“But I don't think he does, because he pushed me away pretty strongly before…”
 
“Hikaru…do you love Akira?” Waya held his breath, waiting.
 
“It wouldn't matter if I did. I don't want to talk about that.” Hikaru sounded guarded and defensive again.
 
“Hey, whatever. It's fine. But don't fuck up because you're determined to run away.”
 
“What are you talking about!” Hikaru snapped. “He ran away from me!
 
“What if he didn't mean to?” Waya replied blandly. What the hell was the world coming to when he was taking up Touya's cause?
 
“How could he not mean to!”
 
“Well, I'm sure you came on strong, being you. That's not his style.”
 
Hikaru heaved a sigh. “Whatever. I said that I wasn't interested in figuring him out anymore.”
 
“Uh huh. So…you went right to Kota's after getting back from being with Akira, didn't you?”
 
“Yes,” Hikaru muttered. “Your point?”
 
“And things happened with Kota,” Waya said patiently.
 
“You already know that!”
 
“I just think that's interesting. You were thinking about Akira the whole time, weren't you?”
 
“Waya, that's too personal!” Hikaru exclaimed, irritated. A long moment passed with neither of them saying anything, and then the other boy continued softly, “He invited me up after we got back from the beach.”
 
“Why didn't you go up?” Waya asked lightly, flopping back to lie on his pillow.
 
“Because I would have…we would have…” Hikaru's voice was soft and tremulous.
 
“Ah,” Waya replied gently. “You would have been with him, right?”
 
“I've really got to get to sleep, Waya. I have a tutoring appointment in the morning, so I should go. Thanks for talking.” Hikaru hung up.
 
Waya pulled his phone away from his ear, glaring at it. “Jerk, just hang up on me! What is it with you and hanging up lately?”
 
He set the phone down on the bed and stared up at his ceiling, thoughtful. So Hikaru was rushing things with Kota in order to distract himself from Touya. The fact that his friend had run right to his boyfriend after being tormented by Touya said something. That, and that Hikaru had been ready to go upstairs with the aqua-eyed boy and take their relationship to an intimate level, regardless of any prior commitments.
 
It would make sense for Hikaru to break up with Kota and go to Touya, but the airhead seemed convinced that Touya didn't really love him. Waya wondered what Touya was thinking and feeling about the whole thing. Touya might just love Hikaru after all.
 
“You dummy,” he said fondly into the silence of his room.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
Replies to reviews!
 
Devious Lil Devil: Ha, since when does Akira do anything in a convenient fashion! :D You know, it's funny, but you're not the only one that's feeling bad for Kota! I find it very amusing (and flattering) that he actually elicits the sympathies of readers, what with being the interloper and an original character.
 
Jou-kaiba-mokie: You haven't seen anything yet! ;) I have further plans for Akira!
 
The rest of you: Thank you again for reading and reviewing! ^_-