Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Halloween: Requiem ❯ Chapter 2: Friends Come Together ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Late one Thursday night, just a month and a half before the next Halloween, Grace and Dan were at the Haddenfield cemetery, digging for Michael’s sister, Judith’s bones. They already had the knife he killed her with way back in the early sixties. It had been almost an entire year since Michael tracked them to the hospital. The two of them spent the last year researching. And all of that research led them to the fact they needed those particular items to forge a new weapon in order to kill Michael once and for all.

xxxxxx

xxx-Flashback-One Year Earlier-Halloween Night-xxx

xxxxxx

Grace screamed as she watched when the nurse who just checked on her was suddenly stabbed, blood spurting out from her mouth and gushing from the new wound in her throat from Michael’s knife. She narrowly dodged getting stabbed when Michael took a swipe at her, Grace grabbed the tray that once had food on it and smacked him in the face hard enough to knock him flat on his ass. She ran out of the room and towards the nearest nurses' station.

She could both hear and feel the boogeyman’s footsteps behind her just moments after defending herself against him. There was nobody at the station, except for the corpses of two nurses who were there at the wrong time and place. That’s when Grace remembered where Dan’s room was, she slowly made her over, without making too much noise.

Less than six minutes later, she got to his room, Grace pushed open the door and saw that Dan was still sleeping in his hospital bed. She was really surprised the man could sleep in such a situation. Grace slipped into the room, closing the door as quietly as she possibly could. She gently shook him awake.

“Grace? What’s going on? Don’t tell me he’s still after us?” Dan said, sitting up as best as he could, being injured and all. He took the IV out of his arm, wincing as he did so.

“Unfortunately, yeah. Myers just killed a nurse, so we have to get the fuck of here.” Grace replied, guiding Dan out of the hospital room and back into the dimly lit hallway. She saw a cop practically running towards them. Grace instantly recognized him. It was one of the cops that was at the factory.

“Hey, you two! Come on, we’re not far from the entrance. I know that I’m not supposed to do this, but here, take this gun. It’s a special situation. You’ll definitely need it.” Officer Lewis Wayne said, handing a handgun to Grace. Dan looked too hurt to be able to use a gun properly. He kept his own gun in front of him as the three of them made their way forward.

The three of them rounded a corner when Michael suddenly appeared, shoving Lewis into the wall before he could shoot, knocking him out instantly. Dan dashed over to him, helping him stand up and walking away while Grace aimed the gun at Michael, squeezing the trigger, hitting in the chest, making him stumble back several feet before falling onto the floor.

Grace, Dan and Lewis finally made it outside. Lewis called for backup, telling them what happened. More cops, paramedics and a few ambulances showed up as well. Everyone who was hurt or injured was taken to another hospital. Michael was also treated for his wounds, then he was taken to a Smith’s Grove Sanitarium for the time being.

xxxxxx

xxxx-Present Day-One Week Before Halloween-xxx

xxxxxx

Grace, along with Dan and Lewis, had a weapon forged out of one of Judith’s bones with a special metal and a spell which would make it close to being invincible. Some other things were also added to the sword to be on the safe side. It was an incredible looking weapon. A friend of Dan’s aunt was a great blacksmith and he was the person who helped them out.

“It’s ready. Now all we have to do is wait for Michael to break out of Smith’s Grove. I’m just glad that they agreed to get everyone out of there so nobody would get killed.” Grace said, smirking to herself. She hoped that her plan worked. They only had one shot and if it didn’t work out, they would be really fucked. But most likely dead. Very, very dead.

“Well, it didn’t take a lot of convincing since the people in charge of the institution and the police know exactly what Michael is actually capable of. We still have some more preparation to do before everything is all set up.” Dan replied, while he helped Lewis finish packing up the guns and grenades they managed to buy from a military friend of Lewis’s Dad’s.

“True. They want Michael dead and buried just as much as we do before he kills anyone else. That man is pure fucking evil. We have to finish this.” Lewis stated, setting down one full duffel bag, grabbing another one to fill up. He was tired since he hadn’t slept much, but he figured he could sleep when it was done.

Within the next hour, the van Grace had rented a few days earlier, she, Dan and Lewis got into the vehicle. Grace started the engine, pulling out of the driveway of the shaman's house they had went to so that she would bless the knife and out into the street. Grace and Dan had to go two states away to do that. She drove in the direction of Smith’s Grove, back in Haddonfield, Illinois. She estimated the amount of time that it would take them to get there was at least three days.