InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye To You ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TSP: Alright here we go again! Glad you guys liked the first chapters. Hope you like this one too. Thanks for reading and tell your friends! Also, I do not own Inuyasha or DBZ. Only in my dreams. Read and Review!
 
Goodbye To You
Chapter Three
 
“Are we there yet?” Kagome asked her mom groggily.
“Almost, probably another five minutes.” Her mother replied.
They had been driving for the past three hours on their way to her cousin Krillin's house. This had given Kagome a lot of time to think and she kept coming back to the same thought- the guilt she felt for taking this vacation away from the shrine.
`I know that I'm not doing anything wrong,' she thought. `But I can't help feeling like I'm betraying him. Why can't I let him go? I almost feel like he's trying to tell me something important.'
She felt the tears start to form in her eyes. But quickly wiped them away before her mother could see them.
`Okay, that's enough,' she thought. `You're not betraying Inuyasha. You're just taking a little break, that's all. He would understand. He would want you to stop crying and be happy,' she told herself with out much conviction.
“Here we are.” Her mother announced as she pulled into a long driveway.
“Wow,” Kagome said impressed by the large two-story house in front of her. “Looks like Krillin's done pretty well for himself, huh?” she joked to her mother.
Her mother laughed. “See, you're getting your sense of humor back already.” Her mother said happily as she stopped the car. She had to admit, the gray brick house was indeed beautiful and lavish. She began to get out of the car when she noticed the change in her daughter's demeanor. “Kagome, what's the matter?”
She turned to her mother with a look of terror and apprehension on her face, and the look of pure sadness in her eyes that she had grown to expect. “Mom, what if he doesn't like me? I mean it's been almost seven years since we last saw each other. I'm sure he's changed. I mean with my adventures in the feudal era and his saving the world on a yearly basis, we've both been through a lot. What if he regrets asking me to stay with them-”
“Kagome,” her mother interrupted before she went into full rant mode. “You have nothing to worry about. You know your cousin can't have changed that much. He was the one who wanted you to visit. Remember, he wants you to have a good time because he loves you. Just like we all do.” She said and hugger her.
Kagome sighed, feeling not just a bit dumb for her out burst. “I know Mom, I guess I'm just nervous cause it's been so long since I've seen him. And since I'm about to meet his wife for the first time.”
“I know sweetheart, and it's alright. You know Krillin will make sure that you are safe and happy. Now let's go see him, we're already later than I thought we would be.”
“Okay,” Kagome said getting out of the car.
She and her mother were getting her bags out of the back when they heard a familiar male voice.
“Is this beautiful woman supposed to be my gawky cousin?”
They looked to the house to see Krillin running toward them.
“Krillin!” Kagome yelled and ran toward her cousin. She dropped to her knees just as her still short and bald cousin reached her. “Krillin, I've missed you so much.” She cried into her cousin's shoulder.
“Oh, Kagome, I've missed you too.” he said hugging her. “Look at how much you've changed.” He said pulling back from her. “You're a beautiful lady now.”
“Krillin, you haven't changed a bit.” She replied.
He laughed. “Uh, thanks, I think.” He said scratching his head. He let go of her and walked up to her mother. “Mimmi, it's so good to see you again.” He said as he took Kagome's bags from her. “We're so glad you talked Kagome into visiting us.”
“Krillin, I can't thank you enough for doing this. Kagome really needs it.” She replied as she handed over the last of Kagome's bags.
“Um, hello. I am right here and can hear every word you are saying.” Kagome said jokingly.
“We know, dear. I was just thanking your cousin for this, that's all.” She said as her mother handed what Kagome considered to be one her most precious belongings.
“Whoa,” Krillin said as he saw the large bow and beautifully hand made arrows. “You think you won't be safe with one of the Z Warriors?”
“It's not that, Krillin,” Kagome said as she shouldered the pack. “I take them every where I go. They were a gift from…” she trailed off and looked away.
“Well, let's go on in.” Krillin said to break the silence and headed for the house.
Both Kagome and her mother gasped when they entered the house. They were standing in a beautiful foyer with a large staircase in the middle.
“Let's go to the living room and I'll get you two something to drink.” Krillin said putting Kagome's bags down.
“Oh, I can't stay,” Mimmi stated hurriedly.
“Why?” Krillin and Kagome both asked.
“It's late and I have a long drive ahead of me.”
“Okay,” Krillin said. “Are you sure you can't stay? I mean 18 will be home soon and I'm sure she'd like to see you again.”
“Oh, I'd like to, but I'm sure I can't.” She walked over to Kagome and enveloped her in a monster hug. “Take care of yourself, Kagome. And have a good time while you're here. Remember, he would want you to be happy.”
“I know.” She whispered back, fighting tears.
Her mother let her go and walked to the door. “Thanks again Krillin.” She said as she walked out. Before she left, she turned back to them. “Take care of my daughter.” She said.
“Don't worry, Mimmi,” he laughed. “She's in good hands.”
After she shut the door, the two settled into a comfortable silence as Kagome looked around the room.
“Nice place you got here.” She told him.
He smiled. “Thanks… Let me show you around.”
“Do you have a map, because it looks like I might need one for this place.” She joked and he laughed.
After he showed her the first floor, the pool and back yard, and most of the second floor, he took her to the room where she would be staying.
He had brought up the last of her bags and said, “Well, I'll let you get settled in.” he headed for the door. “Call me if you need anything.” He said as he closed the door behind him.
Kagome decided to unpack so she could keep her mind off of her sadness. She opened the first bag to find her most prized possessions.
Before she had left that afternoon, she had visited Sango, Miroku, and Shippo to tell them of her plans. They had all thought it a good idea, even though they would miss her. And before she left, they all gave her something so that she would feel like they were with her. Sango had given her favorite hair ribbon, Miroku had given her the prayer beads that had kept his wind tunnel in check, and Shippo had given her one of his magical toy tops. Even Kaede had given her a small medicinal herb, just in case. She removed these and set them on he dresser. Then she found the picture frames she had packed with her favorite pictures in them. The first frame contained a group picture- Miroku with his arm around Sango, Shippo perched on his shoulder. And Kagome in Inuyasha's arms. Below this was a picture of Kagome, Inuyasha, and Shippo next to the Bone Eaters Well that Kagome used to travel between the two worlds. The next frame contained a picture of Miroku kissing Sango softly on the cheek, Sango smiling in spite of herself. Kagome smiled thinking of the day that Sango finally admitted that she loved Miroku just as much as he loved her. The last picture was the one that Kagome both loved and hated. It was a picture of she and Inuyasha hugging next to the sacred tree where they first met.
Tears welled in her eyes as she ran her finger over his face. `I miss you so much, Inuyasha,' she thought. `I can still fee you, and it scares me.'
Just then there was a knock on the door and Krillin stuck his head in. “Hey, I forgot to bring these up.” He said holding up her bow and arrows.
“Oh, thanks,” she sniffed and set the frames on the bed. She took them from him and set them on a small couch next to the window.
Krillin was about to leave when he noticed the frames. He picked them up and asked, “So, is this him?” He pointed to Inuyasha.
Kagome smiled. “Yup, that's my hanyou.”
He set the pictures on the nightstand next to the bed and turned to Kagome. “You know, I'm really glad you're here, Kagome.” He smiled at her.
“Yeah,” she replied. “Me too.”