InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye To You ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TSP: Hey, it's me again! I'm back with our next installment. And in response to Fluffy's review about Krillin's weird name spelling, I actually did know that it was spelled Kuririn. I'm taking Japanese now that I'm in college and the Japanese language goes on syllables rather than single letters. And R's and L's are the same character and are pronounced relatively the same. Such a fascinating language. Any way, Read and Review! And tell your friends!
 
Goodbye To You
Chapter Four
 
 
Later that evening…
Kagome and Krillin were sitting in the living room, pouring over photo albums that she had brought with her and ones that he had. The two had been talking for the past three hours, catching up on the lives that they had both led up until that point. 18 had called earlier to inform them that she would be home later than she had expected and that she would pick up their dinner on her way home. Kagome was getting a bit nervous about finally meeting the two people closest to her cousin.
“So, is that it?” he asked her.
“Is what it?” she asked looking up from the album she was looking at.
“Is that the infamous Jewel of Four Souls?” he asked pointing to the bauble around her neck.
“Oh, yeah, this is it.” She said fingering the Shikon no Tama.
“It's really beautiful and suits you nicely.”
She let out a mild ha. “Thanks, but its really more trouble than it's worth. Even now, what few demons that are still left still try to take it from me. It's really important that none of them get a hold of it… let's just say it wouldn't be a very nice experience. That's partially why I brought the arrows with me. To protect the jewel… and us.”
“Why else did you bring them?” he inquired. “Surely a demon can't be too much for a Z Warrior to handle.” He said in mock offense.
She laughed at her cousin. “No, that's no it… They were a gift…from Inuyasha…for my last birthday… He made them from a branch of the sacred tree where we first met. I take them with me everywhere… They make me feel closer to him… Like it's the last piece of him that I have.” She looked out the window to the starry night sky. “I miss him a lot.” She added quietly.
“I know, Kagome. But when you think about it, he's not really gone. I mean you have six years of memories and the love that you two shared. I know that it may not seem comforting right now, but it's a part of him that will always be with you.” He said to try to comfort her.
“It's not just that.” She said as she continued to stare out the window. “I know that he's dead… But in my heart I can still feel him, like he's trying to tell me something. I see him almost every night in my dreams and he's trying to say something to me. That's why I've been having such a hard time with this. I think he's telling me not to let him go.” She looked at the jewel again. “I guess I've started to crazy, huh?” she asked with a smile.
“No, you haven't” he said, hiding his concern. The two sat in silence for a few moments.
“Well, I better go fix my self a little.” Kagome said standing. “I want to look my best for when I finally meet 18 and Goku.”
“Okay,” he replied. “I'll call you when 18 gets here.” He said as she headed upstairs.
He had just finished stacking the albums when he heard the front door open. He walked into the foyer to see his wife entering with three bags full of food.
“Hello Krillin.” She said, leaning to kiss her husband. “Help me with these bags, will you.” She said handing him two.
“Sure.” He said as they started for the kitchen. He looked inside of the bags. “I think this should be enough for Goku's monster appetite.”
She smiled at her husband's joke. “Okay, where is she?” she asked serious again.
“She's up in her room, fixing herself for you. She's really excited and nervous to finally meet you.”
“Really?” she asked interestedly. “Why is that?”
“Because she wants to make a really good impression on you because I've told her all about how great you are.” He said taking her hands. “Look, go easy on her, you know she's been through a lot recently.”
She smiled again at her husband. “Don't worry, Krillin I'll be on my best behavior, just for you.”
Just then they heard a small cough at the kitchen door.
“Um, I'm not interrupting anything am I?” Kagome asked. She had fixed her makeup and put on a fresh dress. She was in awe of the beautiful blonde bombshell next to her cousin.
“Not at all, Kagome.” Krillin said walking toward her, pulling his wife behind him. “Kagome, this is my wife, 18. 18, this is my favorite cousin, Kagome.” He said gesturing toward the two.
18 started to say hello but was interrupted by Kagome squeezing the life out of her in a monstrous hug.
“Oh, 18, I'm so happy to finally meet you!” Kagome squealed. “I've heard so much about you.” She pulled away and held her at arms length to get a better look at her. “Wow, you're even more beautiful in person than you are in the pictures Krillin sent me!”
“Thanks,” 18 said, blushing a little as she disengaged from Kagome.
Krillin laughed. “You'll have to excuse Kagome. She has a tendency to get excited when she meets new people.”
“Oh, sorry I didn't mean to invade your personal space.” Kagome apologized.
“It's no problem.” 18 replied and began to remove the food from the bags.
“Wow, are you guys having a party tonight?” she said seeing the mass quantity of food that 18 had bought.
“No, this is all for us…” Krillin began. “Goku has a very bit appetite.”
“Ah, I see.” She said. “I know all about guys with bit appetites…” she trailed off. “
“Hey, let me get us something to drink.” Krillin said to change the subject.
“You know, Krillin, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you'd been trying to get me to drink ever since I arrived.” Kagome teased.
“Hey, I'm just trying to help you relax. And besides, your mother told me about how you lived… when you know… and I just wanted to see if the rumor is true.”
“Don't mind Krillin.” 18 offered. “He has this macho thing about being the best at holding his alcohol, since his friends are all light weights.”
“Well, in the feudal era all they have is water, tea, and sake. And believe me, they know how to make some good sake. But I'll tell you this, it takes a lot for me to get drunk, but when I do, I tend to act a little stupid.” Kagome said blushing.
“That's okay, so does 18.” Krillin said, smiling at his wife who was beginning to put food on the table.
“No I do not.” She glared at her husband.
“Trust me, you do. You just never remember the next day.” He taunted.
“Well, if that is true,” Kagome said, “You and I can act stupid together.” Much to her surprise, 18 laughed.
“Here you go.” Krillin said as he handed Kagome a glass of clear liquid.
“Do I even want to know what this is?” she asked.
“Probably not.” He replied as she took a drink and made a face.
“Wow, that's strong” she said and took another sip.
Krillin helped his wife with the food, and was surprised to see that Kagome had finished her drink by the time he had turned back.
“Wow, your mom was right. You really don't hold back, do you?” he asked, impressed.
“I wasn't always like this. I learned to keep it down from…” she trailed off again.
“Your friend from the feudal era?” 18 asked.
“Yeah…” There was a heavy silence.
“Oh, I'm sorry. I brought up something bad, didn't I?” 18 asked with genuine apology.
“Oh, no. It's okay really.” Kagome said and smiled at her. “It's good for me to talk about it. It's makes it easier, I guess. It's okay really.” Kagome began to help with the food again. Just then the doorbell rang.
`Thank God for Goku,' Krillin thought. “I'll go get that. It's probably Goku dying from hunger. I'll be right back.” He said and walked out of the kitchen.
Kagome began to help 18 put the food on the table.
“Oh, Kagome, you don't need to help. You just sit down and relax.” She said much to her own surprise.
“Thanks 18, but it's no problem really. I know I seem sad, but I'm no baby that needs to be coddled.” She replied, impressing 18. They continued in silence for a while longer.
“You know, you really are quite beautiful.” 18 said.
“Huh?” Kagome was surprised. From what she had heard about 18, compliments really weren't her thing.
“I said that you are very beautiful. Sadness doesn't suit you.” She smiled at her.
“Thanks, and I agree with you, sadness really doesn't suit me. It will just take me a while, that's all.”
“You know, Krillin is really happy that you are here. I like seeing him happy, and I hope that we see you that way too while you are with us.”
“Yeah, me too.” `Though I doubt it will happen,' she thought.
 
At the door…
Krillin opened the door to find his best friend leaning against the frame.
“Man, I thought you would never answer. I'm starving.” He said walking in and slapping Krillin on the back.
“Nice to see you too, Goku,” he said and closed the door. “Listen, Goku, you know that I have my cousin here.”
“Yeah,”
“Well be nice to her. She's been really traumatized by some things and needs some time to relax. Not that I'm saying that you won't be nice to her, just don't mention the feudal era or anything, okay?”
“Sure, but are you really sure that I should be here?”
“Of course I am. I'm not saying that you won't like her or anything. She's a really great person, very sweet and caring. She's just working through some stuff, that's all.”
“Jeez, Krillin, what happened to her?”
“I'm not too sure on all the details, but basically she saw the love die with his ex-girlfriend. I think that that would mess any one up good. Over all she's taking it very well.” He said and started for the kitchen.
“Well, don't worry, I won't mention anything about that stuff to her.”
“Thanks, Goku. But knowing you, you'll probably do it by accident.” He joked to his friend.
“Thanks for you confidence in me, Krillin.” He joked back and the two laughed.
“What so funny?” Kagome inquired as they entered the kitchen. But she had to catch her breath when she saw the amazingly handsome man standing next to her cousin. “Hi,” she said as cheerfully as she could. `Wow, could he be any cuter,' she thought. `His pictures didn't do him justice.'
“Hi,” he replied to the raven-haired beauty in front of him. `Wow, she must be one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen,' he thought.
“Kagome, this is my best friend, Goku,” he gestured to Goku. “Goku, this is my cousin, Kagome.” He gestured to her.
Goku walked up to her, his hand extended. “It's nice to meet you finally.” It was then that he noticed her eyes. They were so beautiful and yet so full of sadness. `I don't understand,' he thought, `how a body radiating as much goodness as her can have eyes so full of sadness.'
She shook his hand warmly. “It's nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you from Krillin.”
“All good I hope.” He said, smiling his child like smile at his best friend.
“Of course not, I couldn't lie to her.” He joked and walked over to his wife to help.
“Trust me, it's been all good.” Kagome told him.
“Thanks. I've heard a lot about you too. Krillin keeps going on and on about his cousin saving the world in the feudal era-“ he stopped abruptly. `Way to go, Goku,' he thought. `You're not here five minutes and you've already messed up.'
But much to both their surprise, she just smile at him.
“Thanks, it's always nice to complimented.” She turned to help 18. `I can't believe that I was just talking about it with out crying,' she thought. `Maybe I am getting better… Then why do I feel so bad about it?'