InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Be My Valentine ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the songs in this chapter or Inuyasha or Harry Potter.

*Outwitted*

Chapter 7: Be My Valentine

It had been a few months since the night that Harry and Kagome had talked. Now it was February, February 14th to be exact. Valentine’s day. Kagome never understood the purpose of Valentine’s day, in her eyes it was a completely useless holiday where lovers and couples spend time together talking and doing mushy stuff. Kagome reasoned that they could do that anytime which left her a very frustrated person.

Classes had already finished for the day because there was to be a special Valentine’s day dance that the students were to attend; if they wanted to. Kagome of course did not wish to attend but was being forced to attend because Harry was going. She was asked to sing a few songs. Not that she cared, she was going to do it though. She was convinced to.

Hermione wore a long spaghetti strapped red dress. It fell to her knees and shimmered in the light. She had matching red sandals and make up. Light red eye shadow adorned her eyes and dark red lipstick coated her lips. Her hair was up in a neat french twist courtesy of Kagome. Ron was wearing a red dress shirt and black dress pants with uncomfortable black shoes. To match his date.

Harry wore a white long-sleeved dress shirt and black dress pants along with formal shoes. The trio went ahead to the great hall where the dance would be held. They didn’t see Kagome but knew she would be there. She never was away from Harry for long nor was she far away, ever. Kagome headed towards Professor McGonagall who was waiting patiently for her. Her parents and McGonagall were old friends.

“You look stunning Kagome.” McGonagall said softly to Kagome.

“Thank you.” Kagome replied politely.

“Okay, Kagome, you are allowed to sing as many songs as they want you to but keep them on the subject of love.”

“All right.” Kagome said a bit reluctantly.

She stepped onto the makeshift stage and gasps were heard from all around her. She was gorgeous, a true beauty. She wore a long flowing silk dress, halter style. Slits went from her ankles to hips, it was stitched together to mid-thigh so as not to show anything inappropriate. It glittered like a million diamonds in the night sky. Her hair was in a simple twist, leaving some hair flowing down her back, a beautiful silver choker with a blue tear drop adorned her neck. Her make up was light and subtle. Blue eyeliner and lighter blue shadow bringing out her blue eyes and clear lip gloss.

She walked towards the mic, confident, and composed whereas most people would have been sweating had they been in her position. Her voice flowed over the crowd.

(Dreaming of You by: Selena)

~Late at night when all the world, is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star, that somewhere you are
Thinking of me too.~

The couples began to dance to the music; Harry and Cho, Ron and Hermione. They all swayed to Kagome’s soft melodic voice filling the room. They shared the dance with their crushes, boyfriend, girlfriend or whoever would dance with them.

~’Cause I’m dreaming of you tonight
‘Till tomorrow I’ll be holding you tight
And there’s nowhere in the world I’d rather be
Then here in my room dreaming about you and me~

Draco watched Kagome with lust filled eyes as she sang, completely ignoring the chattering Pansy. He had eyes only for Kagome. It seems though that Oliver, Fred and George also, only had eyes for her.

~Wonder if you ever see me
And I wonder if you know I’m there
If you looked in my eye’s
Would you see what’s inside
Would you even care
I just wanna hold you close
But so far, all I have are dreams of you
So I wait for the day, and the courage to say
How much I love you~

~I’ll be dreaming of you tonight
‘Till tomorrow I’ll be holding you tight
And there’s nowhere in the world I’d rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me.~

~Bridge~

~Late at night when all the world, is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can’t believe
That you came up to me and said I love you
I love you too~

~Now I’m be dreaming with you tonight
‘Till tomorrow and for all of my life
And there’s nowhere in the world i’d rather be
Than here in my room dreaming with you endlessly~

Everyone applauded.

‘She sings beautifully.’ Oliver thought. ‘I wonder if she has a valentines? Probably. I wonder who she chose, if she did choose someone. I still remember how many people asked her to be their valentines’ this morning.’

~!~Flashback~!~

Kagome had just entered the common room with Harry to see roses, gifts, and chocolates of all shapes, sizes and assortments. All for her. She blinked. And blinked again while Harry bursts out laughing at Kagome’s very shocked, very red face. Kagome composed herself and used Mobilarbus to move the objects to her room so she could figure out what to do with it all. Later. Preferably when her charge wasn’t laughing his ass off at her expense.

She walked out of the common room with her head held high. With a snickering and very amused Harry Potter following behind her.

~!~End Flashback~!~

George was lost in his own rather interesting thoughts about Kagome. ‘She must be mine, she must. She’s so perfect. I have to keep her from Fred. She’s mine and only mine. Now how to get Fred away...’

Fred was however thinking along the same thoughts as George. ‘George is trying to steal my woman away from me, I know it!’

‘Beauty, brains, talent, strength, she’s perfect for me. Kagome, My Kagome, you won’t know what hit you when I perform the spell of love. You will fall deeply in love with the first male that you see and I assure you I’ll make certain that it is me.’
Draco thought smiling to himself.

And all the while Kagome was oblivious to it all. She got ready to sing her next song after drinking some water. The music to the next song started. (I Could Fall In Love by: Selena)

~I could lose my hear tonight
If you don’t turn and walk away
‘Cause the way i feel I might
Lose control and let you stay
‘Cause I could take you in my arms
And never let go~

~I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you
I can only wonder how
Touching you, would make me feel~

~But if I take that chance right now
Tomorrow will you want me still
So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know~

~I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you
And I know it’s not right
And I guess I should try
To do what I should do
But I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you~

~Bridge~

~So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know
I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you~

~I could fall in love
I could fall in love with you
I could fall
Fall in love with you...~

Kagome performed a few more songs and went to sit down at the circular table where Harry sat. He was conversing animatedly with Ron about Quidditch. When asked for her opinion on who the best Quidditch captain between school’s was Kagome answered automatically.

“Vicktor Krum.” The other’s had to agree.

It was a few minutes later that Harry got up the courage to ask his protecter something. “Um...Kagome, may I have this dance?”

Kagome nodded taking his offered hand. The two danced, nicely. Kagome’s grace and beauty, Harry was surprisingly good. They first danced to a fast paced song but when a slow one came on Kagome placed her hands on his shoulders as he placed his hands on her waist, just a tad bit uncomfortable. Kagome snickered softly so only he would hear. They were both seemingly unaware of the jealous stares they were receiving from both sexes. Kagome was aware all right, she just didn’t care. Kagome was then asked to finish the song of with Ron as Harry went on to dance with Hermione.

Throughout the night Kagome danced. With Fred and George, Oliver and Draco. By the end of the night her feet were aching from being in those torturous high heels for such an extended period of time. She would have sworn her feet would fall off. As the four, Harry, Kagome, Hermione and Ron walked to the dormitories someone called out to Kagome. She motioned for them to go on and she would meet them at the dormitories. Harry offered her a sympathetic look as did Ron. At that moment she came face to face with the Weasley twins.

“Yes Weasley?” Kagome asked.

“Will you be my valentine?” both brothers asked at the same time, shocking each other. They began to verbally fight with each other, until Oliver came up and asked the exact same question the Weasley twins had just asked her. Then it became a three way fight, until Malfoy.

“She will not be either of yours because she will be my valentine.”

“Says who Malfoy?” Kagome practically hissed.

“Me.” He replied attempting to kiss her, she kneed him in the groin.

“I am not a possession. I don’t belong to anyone.” Kagome said storming to the Gryffindor common room. Headmaster Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall happened to see what had happened and watched sadly as she stormed away.

“It’s valentine’s day, shouldn’t she be with someone, she should open up, love.” McGonagall said, “She already attracts enough people.”

“Minerva, we both know what made her this way, we can’t change her. But maybe, someone else can.” Dumbledore said.

“Valentine’s Day Sucks.” Kagome muttered back in her room before falling asleep.

A/n: There you go! Another revised chapter.