InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ The Quidditch Game ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Outwitted*

Chapter 8: The Quidditch Game

It had been two days since the incident on Valentine’s day. Kagome had forced herself to put it at the back of her mind. She did not want to think of it right now. It would no doubt make her angry and annoyed. She had to be focused on the game and making sure nothing went wrong. She was the number one chaser on the team. Again. Through time at Hogwart’s she’d met the annoying little house elf, Dobby. It was always berating itself for stupid things making Kagome want to stick a sock in his mouth so he’d just shut up. He attempted to hurt Harry more than one time, it irritated and pissed her off to no end. But Harry wouldn’t allow her to kill him. A pity.

“Harry, are you all right? You’re not eating.” Kagome said to the tense and nervous seeker.

“I’m fine.” Harry lied, sweating.

“Eat.” Kagome demanded.

He didn’t touch his plate.

“Eat before I force you to.” Kagome ordered eye’s narrowed into slits.

He gulped and began shoveling food into his mouth until his cheeks were full of food and it looked like he had a puffer fish in his mouth.

“Chew.” he chewed.

“Swallow.” he did so.

“Good.” He sighed in relief. She then dragged him to the locker rooms. They did after all have to dress and be briefed. Their team was facing off against Slytherin. Kagome had nothing against them personally except that Flint had hit on her once. Disgusting. Kagome was going to get him back for that. By whipping his ass in the game.

“I want a nice clean game, from all of you.” Madam Hooch said when they were all positioned in the air. She tossed the snitch up in the air, the bludgers next and the quaffle last. Kagome immediately dashed after the quaffle once Madam Hooch whistled to start the game. Harry went after the snitch. Kagome quickly snatched the quaffle and sped under one of the beaters on the Slytherin team. Doing a quick twist in the air on her firebolt past another chaser and shot the quaffle threw one of the rings scoring 10 points for Gryffindor.

She noted from the corner of her eye that Harry had spotted the snitch and was making his way towards it. She smirked lightly. She then caught sight of the quaffle. Being careful to avoid the speeding bludger she made a sharp dive downwards beneath the other chasers and then did a spiral shot upwards snatching the quaffle before a Slytherin chaser had the chance to. Kagome made another goal. Gryffindor: 20, Slytherin: 0. The game progressed much like this for a while, Kagome getting the quaffle away from the other Slytherin chasers, passing it onto teammates, dodging bludgers, scoring goals. Kagome noticed a bludger heading right towards Harry.

She did a spiral dive down toward him urging him on. He had just gotten the snitch and the bludger was about to hit him. Kagome quickly swerved into the bludgers path taking the full frontal hit letting out a grunt as it made contact. Kagome lost grip on her broom. She held onto her broom with her legs, finally falling the last five feet to the ground her arm clearly broken. She gritted her teeth and stood, helping Harry who had fallen with her.

She cast the Ferula which made a sling for her broken arm after she made sure that Harry was unharmed. She glared at the bludger that hit her, it lay innocently on the ground. Kagome blew it up using Reductor Curse.

“Are you all right Kagome?” Harry asked, worried.

“Just a broken arm, nothing serious.” Kagome said as if unaffected by it.

Harry looked at her incredulously, “Just a broken arm?”

“Yeah.” Kagome said calmly.

The rest of the team came down to congratulate Harry on catching the snitch and check on Kagome, to see if she was hurt. Kagome simply shrugged off help, careful to do it with her uninjured arm and gestured for Harry to follow her. He did so feeling quite guilty that it was because of him that she was injured. When they arrived at the Gryffindor common room she asked him for some bandages and certain herbs. Kagome crushed the herbs she’d asked for and using some of her miko powers made a potion that would stop the pain. Nasty stuff it was, she drank it in one gulp not wanting to taste it longer then absolutely necessary.

“I’m sorry, you should have let me get hit.” Harry said guiltily.

“That bludger was following you, it was jinxed. Besides, I promised I would protect you, I always keep my promises Harry, I said that I would protect you even if it costs me my own life, this time it’s just a broken bone. That’s it.” Kagome comforted.

“I still feel bad.” He muttered.

“Don’t if anything, be on guard, someone purposely tried to hurt you today, and I’m going to find the perpetrator and exterminate them. For good.” Kagome said confidently.

Harry nodded not trusting his voice just yet.

Neither one noticed Fred, George or Oliver listening in on their conversation. Each of them with their own thoughts on what they had just heard.

A/n: I know it’s still short, but hey, better than nothing.