InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Different Kind of Lonely ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I was bored today and had a story idea running through my head. I've hit a point in writing My Fifteen Pound Bag (lame name I know, but I couldn't come up with anything else so ha) and I'm using all my friends that are willing to help get me past this so I'm gonna write this for a while instead.
 
Summary: Basically FB/Inu crossover. Don't know the pairing yet you can decide. But, Akito never happened. Instead, a different head of the family is in his place and is the best thing that's ever happened to this family, but things never stay the same.
 
A Different Kind of Lonely
Chapter 1
Finished Typing on 12-2-06
Finished Editing on12-2-06
 
She looked out the window, slowly studying the landscape with attentive eyes and her hand on her chin. Sighing for the tenth time that morning she moved from the window and went to the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea. While the water was heating up she hopped up onto the counter and sighed again heavily.
 
Her life had always been this boring, to her at least. Ever since she was a young girl she had been kept away in solitary, the only times to really interact with other people was when someone had to ask her permission to do something or when Hatori came to do checkups.
 
She never wanted this position, always thinking someone else would do better doing what she had to do. Her parents, the people who brought her into this world shunned her as soon as they learned about her curse. Giving her to other members of the Sohma's so that they wouldn't abandon her. So from days after her birth she was given to Ritsu Sohma's mother.
 
While growing up she learned that Ritsu and his mother both had potentially harmful tempers. Not that they were physically damaging, but the screaming got to her head. After a couple years of living with them she was taken to the main house to live as the head of the Sohma family, mostly under Hatori, Shigure, and Ayame's care.
 
By that time she was six years old. And over the next eleven years she learned solitude well, and it finding its way into her heart. Even though she spent so much time alone, she never grew distant or cold and uncaring, but was always forgiving and was able to make friends quickly.
 
When she was ten, Yuki Sohma had turned into his rat form front a large group of his friends. She was meant to give him punishment; the only problem was she never knew what punishment was. The only form of penalty she could think to give him was to separate him from his parents. That actually did him a favor of getting away from the abuse in his home, and to this day thanks her for her decision.
 
After getting bored in doing nothing everyday she had books brought to her, so she could learn. And learn she did. About everything. History, science, math, everything. And since she was never allowed to leave the Sohma estate in fear of the curse, she had all the time in the world.
 
When she became 13 years old she was proficient at all these subjects as a third year high school student. Around that time also she allowed Yuki to live with Shigure away from the Sohma estate, wanting him to live the life that she couldn't. Since then Yuki came over every once in a while to chat with her knowing that no one else really would fearing punishment. But she never gave any, Hatori blamed it on her forgiving nature, she just thought that every one needs a second chance.
 
Hatori was nice enough. Though how he grew his hair out over his eye always confused her. He was dating a girl named Kana, but they broke up do to relationship issues. He was the only one in the Sohma family whom bothered to get a drivers license. And because of that everyone once in a while, when he wasn't busy, he'd take her out for rides or to go visit Yuki.
 
In the beginning of high school for Yuki, he met a girl named Tohru Honda and asked for her immediate approval for her to live in Shigure's house with them, as long as she didn't tell the family curse to others. And every once in a while he'd call and tell her of some of the happening of the house hold.
 
Right after Tohru moved in, Kyo did. But neither he nor Yuki got along with each other very well. And often Yuki would tell her when a door was broken by Kyo, and all the other stupid things he does.
 
She was broken out of her thoughts when the water kettle on the stove started to whistle, signaling to her that the water was ready. She moved the kettle off the stove and went to get some tea leaves and a cup. Setting the straining tea on the table she sat down when Hatori came in the room.
 
“Hey.” He said sitting down across from her.
 
“Hi.” She whispered back meekly, staring into her tea cup. “How are things going at the office?”
 
“Alright. Ayame decided to be stupid again and to go visit Yuki. Let's just say that he's not in the best of shape right now.” He put his palm on his forehead and pushed up words trying to rid himself of the up coming head ache.
 
“Ayame just wants to get close to Yuki,” She replied shaking her head, “but I don't think he's going about the right way in doing that.” Hatori nodded her head at her statement. “I'm sorry, please excuse my forgetfulness. Would you like some tea?” She saw a small nod of his head and stood up to go get another cup of green tea for Hatori, not minding knowing the stress of the brothers that was coming onto his shoulders from their injuries (mostly Ayame's) from being the family doctor.
 
Coming back to the room minutes later with a cup of steaming tea, she found Hatori with his head in his arms looking like he was asleep. Knowing that he was resting his eyes, she set the cup down in front of him and spoke softly, “Take it easy, Hatori.”
 
Unknowingly to her Hatori was listening to her as she softly padded out of the room, “Thank you Kagome.” He whispered back as he took the cup into his hands and had a sip of tea.
 
 
So what do you think, I need feedback in order to continue with this story. If you want a specific pairing let me know. I'm pretty much open to anything right now. Hope you enjoyed.
 
Bruce n' Charlie