InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Different Kind of Lonely ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Different Kind of Lonely
Chapter 2
Finished Typing on 12-9-06
Finished Editing on 2-18-08(wow, look at that time skip…)
Kagome awoke slowly, eyes adjusting to the light she wiped them choosing to stare at the wall that had nothing on it but a badly drawn picture of a flower. `Another day starts, and surprise, surprise, nothing to do. Maybe Hatori can take me to see Yuki.' After quite a few long minutes of thinking, she finally had the tiniest urge to get out of bed. Leisurely she rolled out from under the covers, stretching her muscles that had not been in use for the night and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.
Leaving her horribly decorated room and sluggishly making a half-hearted attempt to reach the kitchen, Kagome saw Hatori at the counter reading a newspaper and drinking tea. As if he knew she was coming into the room, a steaming cup of tea was set out for her. She thanked him then hopped onto the counter.
“Hi Hatori.” Hatori gave her a quick look before going back to the paper.
“Good morning.” There was only a few seconds pause before she spoke again.
Would you be willing to do something for me today?” Kagome asked.
That would depend on what you want me to do.”
I was wanting to go see Yuki today. Can you take me?
Of course, I was planning on picking up Ayame today anyways.” Kagome nodded happily.
Half an hour later they were sitting in the car, flipping through every radio station they could find. After the fifth time through, Hatori finally reached over and grabbed her hand setting it down on her lap then turning off the radio all together. Two and a half minutes passed in silence before Kagome leaned over and pulled out seven cds from a compartment under her seat.
Hatori looked at her shortly before returning his eyes to the road. He really hoped that she didn't think he was going to let her play one of those blasted cds after he stopped her from listening to the radio, there was a reason why he shut it off. Kagome reached over to the cd player and inserted a cd pressing play. Hatori pressed power before the annoying music could start through the speakers again.
“Why'd you do that?” She asked taking the cd out and returning it to its case.
 
“It's five more minutes to Shigure's house, I'm sure you can handle that in silence.” Three minutes and twenty-four seconds, Hatori closed the door and stepped on the path to Shigure's house. Kagome quickly turned around and got out of the car herself when Hatori walked several meters away.
When Kagome reached the house before she could even touch the screen to knock, Shigure swung it open greeted her with open arms. “My darling Kagome-sama! How have you been since New Years? I wonder why we haven't seen you since then.” Shigure wrapped his arms around her middle and she returned the greeting, arms around his shoulders.
“Alright.” Kagome answered. Shigure held out a hand so he could lead her into the house. Kagome only slightly forgot to mention that Hatori was not too far behind her.
Hatori quickened his pace to reach the door before it slid shut; his nose was likely to be bruised in the morning.
Shigure led Kagome in the direction of sitting room where Ayame was supposed to be sitting, he wasn't, of course; he's Ayame why would he? Instead of waiting quietly in the sitting room, Ayame pranced down the hallway where Shigure was leading the head of the family towards the sitting room where Ayame was supposed to be sitting.
“Shigure, where did you find this fine morsel, and are you willing to share?” Ayame walked up to the duo, lifting Kagome's hair and smelling it.
Kagome slapped his hand away, and Shigure playfully pulled her closer, away from the snake's grasp. “Why would I want to share such a tasty treat? I found it, I don't want to share.”
Ayame covered his heart with both hands and feigned sadness. “You wouldn't cheat on me like that, would you Shigure?” Shigure immediately let go of Kagome, and pulled Ayame to him. Hatori finally caught up with them and chose to stand by Kagome, who was watching two of the three Mabudachi Trio proclaimed their devotion for each other.
“Of course not Ayame, why would I cheat on you when you're all I've ever needed?”
“Oh Shigure…”
“Ayame…” He sighed.
Hatori shook his head, he continued to wonder why he was friends with them, and apparently he was going to have to make a list of Pros and Cons again.
Kagome looked around, Kyo was about to start an argument with Shigure and Ayame. Yuki was standing in the doorway shaking his head and turning around to leave. He apparently hadn't seen her yet. Kagome was going to change that.
“Yuki!” she called over all the commotion, pushing Shigure over to get to the other side of slightly narrow hallway to Yuki, who had just turned back around. His eyes brightened at the sight of his friend.
“Kagome!” Yuki started toward her and picked her up to give her a hug as soon as she was close enough. Kagome giggled as she was twirled and hugging the Rat back. Yuki set her down, but kept his hands on her waist. “How've you been?” He asked, before she answered, Yuki grabbed her hand and started leading her away from all the disorder in the hallway. He led her towards the stairs so they could go up to his room and talk.
“Fair enough. How `bout you?”
“I've been alright, but now that you're here, I'm much better.” Yuki opened the door and led her inside to sit on his bed knowing that she didn't mind talking in his room. “What are you doing here?” he questioned sitting down next to her.
“It's been so boring at the main house lately that coming over here seemed like the most interesting to do today.” answered Kagome flopping down on his bed her head on his pillow and laid on her side as to look at Yuki who was still on the side of the bed.
“I'm glad you did, Tohru is working over time lately and I have no one to talk to, not counting that stupid cat and perverted dog. You're much better company than either of them.”
“I'm glad I could be of some assistance to you.”
“You are.” He answered laying his head down on her stomach.
“So, how's school been?”
“Alright, a girl wanted me to go out on a date with her couple days ago, but I had to refuse.”
“And if you didn't have to, would you have gone out with her?” Kagome asked running her fingers through his hair softly, Yuki leaned into the touch.
“Probably not, I think I like someone else.” He answered with a sigh.
“Normally I wouldn't want to pry into your business, but in this case I'll make an exception. Who do you have a crush on?” Kagome asked propping her self up on her elbows so she could she his face.
“I'm not gonna tell you, you'd blow it way out of proportion.” Yuki sat up and Kagome laid back down on his pillow.
“Well it's your choice so I can't force you do to anything, but, I highly recommend that you tell me who you like.”
“Now you're trying to get me to tell you through peer pressure. Well, that's not gonna work this time.” Yuki stated while touching a particularly ticklish spot of her side making her giggle.
“No Yuki, please don't tickle me.” Kagome begged, trying to roll away from his torturous touches as she continued to giggle. Yuki didn't answer her but he did continue tickling her mercilessly leaving her gasping for breath. After a couple minutes of tormenting Kagome, Yuki's head started to lower towards hers unknowingly, when she looked at him and saw that he was only inches from touching his lips to hers he stopped and lowered his head towards hers at a faster rate. Unfortunately, they didn't get to finish their time together.
“YUKI, my dearest brother, come out and see your elder sibling! You know you want to!” Yuki laid his head down on Kagome's shoulder after hearing Ayame's voice.
“Try not to injure him too badly this time; you've been over working Hatori lately.” Kagome spoke softly knowing that he would have to leave the room soon.
“It's Ayame's fault that he gets hurt in the first place.”
“I know, just nothing life threatening, please?”
“Alright. Just for you.”
“Thank you. Now, let's go.”
“YUKI! You need to come and see your only older brother! He wants to talk to you! You can continue your Red Light District life later! Yuki blushed and Kagome blushed, and it was just a big blush fest. But Yuki smiled exasperatedly before grabbing her hand and tugging her out of the room.
Ok ages,
Hatori, Shigure, Ayame---26
Tohru, Kyo, Yuki, Kagome---18
Ritsu---23
This is the edited version of this chapter. I deleted the others so that when I redo one chapter, the others won't not make sense because they're gone. Perfect plan really, or so I thought. Let me know what you think.
Bruce n' Charlie