InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Story ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter 3
 
Once Kagome was done talking to Atsuko, she hung up the phone and then went up stairs to pack, knowing that the officer's would be patience and wait. Setting a duffle bag on her bed she began to throw some clothing into it - not really caring at the moment what it was.
 
As an after thought, she packed some of her wards, pray beads and charms. Drying her tear stained face, she wrote Inuyasha a note telling him that something terrible had happened and that she wouldn't be able to return like she had planned. She gave a warning that if he came looking for her he'd be sat until he was all the way to hell and back.
 
After taping it to her window where he would be sure to see it, she grabbed her bag and headed back down stairs. Like she had expected, the officers where waiting just outside the door for her - worried expressions on both of there faces.
 
“Let me clear the shrine and then can you take me to this address?” She handed them a piece of paper where she had written the direction on how to get to the apartment building from here on. They gave here curious looks - both recognizing the punk, Yusuke Urameshi's home address, but they didn't say anything.
 
“Please everyone, may I have your attention?” Kagome's voice was covered in sadness and that was what mainly got everyone attention. Muttering, everyone turned towards the priestess. “I'm sorry to announce that this shrine is now closed. I'm going to ask if you could please leave the grounds now.”
 
The muttering rose after Kagome had finished speaking. “Lady Priestess, when will it be open again?” One voice rang over everyone else, silencing the rest of the crowd.
 
“When I am no longer consider a minor in the laws eyes, only then will the shrine be open full time once more.” `Or at least I hope so.' Stormy-blue eyes searched over the crowd. “And that wont be for at least another two years at most.” Before anyone could ask anymore question she explained. “A car wretch has killed my family. Now, will you please leave the grounds.”
 
She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes as she spoke those last words. A white blossom floating from the sky caught her attention, distracting her from her tears. Looking towards the God Tree her eyes widen in disbelief. The God Tree was crying so to say - tossing its beautiful white blossoms in the wind as the energy around the tree was engulfed in sadness, reflecting Kagome's fillings.
 
All Kagome could do was watch as the blossoms where thrown into the four winds as the visitors who where leaving bowed in respects to her status and grieving terms. After about 15 minutes the courtyard was cleared of all people - minus Kagome and the two officers but that too soon change as Kagome bowed slightly to the God Tree before turning to the officers.
 
“I am ready.”
 
“Now are you sure you want this address, Lady Priestess?” One of the officers asked as the walk down the many steps that would take them to their patrol car. The other officer had taken her bag for her.
 
“Yes, why do you question me?” Kagome was in an irritable mood and knew that she would be well taken care once she got to her step mother's place, heck she would even be fine by her self.
 
“Well, we've had problems with the kid that lives at this address, that's all,” the officer defended as they began to descend the many shrine stairs. “Plus, his mother's a alcoholic.” As they reached the car, one of the officers's held the door open for Kagome.
 
“Really and what so wrong about being a alcoholic and having a punk for a son?” Kagome asked, curious if these officers were as nice as they seemed.
 
She listened as they continued on with their gloating about how bad her family was and how they all had problems. Either officer took noticed how the girl in the back of their car seemed to glow with anger as they continued making plots on how to get Yusuke into trouble.
 
By the time the car stopped she was fuming and wanting nothing more than to purify the two beings sitting in front of her. She fidgeted as she waited for one of the men to open the locked doors for her. Once they were open she flew out of the car, heading for the elevator - her bag in hand.
 
Getting into the elevator she pushed the number 3 bottom and didn't have to wait long before the elevator was moving. She ignored the shouts from the officers as the called to her, asking her what was wrong, knowing that if she did stop she'd most likely do something she would later regret.
 
Getting off the elevator, it didn't take long for her to find the door with the numbers 289 on it. Knocking lightly, knowing that no one would hear her over the person who was yelling, so she was surprised when the door opened and she was greeted by a longhaired red head.
 
Her senses screamed demon as he offered to take her bag - which she declined - and showed her inside. Kagome wasn't too surprised at what she saw. Who she was guessing her brother was running around the house having a tantrum while shouting something that sounded like “stupid mother's don't tell me nothin'!” or “when in hell to I have a stupid sister!”
 
A light, sad giggle escaped Kagome's lips as watched the dark haired boy go about his tantrum - not even realizing that she was there. A small wave at Atsuko got her attention and she came over to Kagome, giving her stepchild a hug.
 
This caught both Kuwabara and Yusuke's attention - which caused him to stop his rant. Instantly Kuwabara was kneeling in front of the girl.
 
“Will, you be my girl friend?” The carrot top practically begged, grasping Kagome's hand. Before Kagome could do or say anything she watched as Yusuke knock him out so that now the carrot-top was lying sprawled of the floor. Another, giggle escaped Kagome's lips as looked at the boy on the floor.
 
“What are you-” Yusuke was cut off by a loud knock on the door. Growling he stormed off to answer the door.
 
“You must be Yusuke half-sister Kagome? I am Shuichi Minomina but please, call me Kurama,” the red head introduced himself. His emerald eyes shone with mischief and playfulness behind a look of unnatural wisdom. It reminded Kagome a lot of her own kit, Shippo. He extended his hand so that Kagome could shake it.
 
“It a pleasure to mean you Kurama and you are right in your guess, I am Yusuke half-sister. Who might that be?” Kagome gesture to the person on the floor after her hand was free from Kurama's.
 
“That would be Kuwabara; don't worry you'll get use to that.” Kurama gestured to the uncomfortable position on the floor. A small, sad smile graced Kagome's lips as she suddenly felt very tired - both in bodily and emotionally. The anger that she had felt toward the so-called law in forcers was replaced by sadness once more.
 
Sighing, she walked over to the couch and sat down - drawing her knees to her chest as the tears started down her face once more. Kagome buried her face into her knees, not wanting anyone to see her cry.