InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ The road home (kiss 20) ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The road home (kiss 20)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
Special thanks to Jen for her help polishing and buffing this until it shines.
 
FYI: Jakotsu works in Kyoto, which is like Japan's equivalent to Hollywood. Bankotsu's record company's offices and recording studio are located in Tokyo. Their apartment is also in Tokyo, hence Jakotsu's commute to Kyoto during the week, where he has a small apartment. He travels on the Bullet Train using the Tokaido line which runs from Tokyo to Osaka and back.
 
888
 
This time the road home had a more leisurely feel to it with Bankotsu by his side. The record producer had taken the week off and had accompanied Jakotsu back to Kyoto so they could have more than just a weekend together. Even though the cross-dresser had spent long hours at work and Bankotsu was left to amuse himself by alternating visits to the studio with sightseeing, they were together at night instead of spending hours each evening on the phone.
 
Jakotsu had a week's hiatus so they decided to spend the time together at home and the cross-dresser was eager to get there because he never considered his Kyoto apartment his home. In fact, Jakotsu firmly believed in the old sayings, “home is where the heart is” and since Bankotsu lived in the apartment in Tokyo, “there's no place like home.” He bubbled happily with excitement on the long train ride. To the casual onlooker they looked like a young professional couple, deliriously in love and expecting their first child. The character Jakotsu played on TV, Fujiwara Emiko, got married shortly before they had their commitment ceremony because the producers of the nighttime soap opera, Jakotsu was on, decided that she should get pregnant. The cross-dresser excitedly stepped up to the challenge until he was outfitted with a heavy pregnancy suit. And because Emiko was just beginning to show, the producers decided Jakotsu only needed a week to get used to wearing the suit so that he could comfortably wear it under the hot studio lights without fainting like he did the day they finally filmed the scene. Then from time to time, Wardrobe could increase the amount of extra padding until he looked like a woman with a full term pregnancy.
 
“I feel so stupid dressed like this. I mean it's one thing while on the set, it's another to walk around like this at home. But I suppose if Rin-chan can do it, I can too.”
 
Bankotsu covered up his laughter by pretending to cough. “Well, if it's any consolation, Sweetness, you look even prettier than she does.”
 
“That's so mean! She can't help it if her face broke out from the hormones.” The cross-dresser giggled.
 
“What's so funny?”
 
“Sessh's tummy. He looks like he's cooking a lil bun in his oven too,” Jakotsu smirked.
 
The two of them laughed. Several of the other train passengers turned around and frowned at them for being so loud until Jakotsu yawned daintily, and leaning on Bankotsu, he closed his eyes.
 
“If you're tired, Sweetness, go to sleep. I'll wake you when we get there.”
 
“You sure, Ban honey? I feel so bad; here I get a rare trip home with you and I spend it sleeping or fighting off sleep.” He sighed.
 
“It's okay. Look, you were up way before I was and hard at work too.” Bankotsu looked at his watch. “We'll be home at midnight and this way you won't be too tired for a proper `welcome home.'”
 
Jakotsu sat up just long enough to brush his lips against his life-partner's cheek. “Thanks... I promise to make it up to you when we get home.”
 
“Sssh... Just go to sleep, Sweetness.”
 
Jakotsu daintily yawned again. Closing his eyes, he settled back against the younger man and dozed off, lulled to sleep by movement of the train and the warm presence that was Bankotsu. The younger man was left alone with his thoughts, all of which centered on Jakotsu and how nice it was going to be to have him all to himself for the next week, or rather ten days. That was until he remembered Rin's baby shower party, which was being hosted at their apartment tomorrow. Groaning mentally, Bankotsu realized there would be no sleeping in, all curled up next to Jakotsu, because the cross-dresser would haul his butt out of bed at an ungodly hour in order to get everything ready. Smiling, Bankotsu imagined the look on everyone's face when they saw the cross-dresser. That alone will be worth getting up early... he thought while he stared through the window at the blackness beyond. A pity it's not daytime. The scenery around here was so pretty when I traveled to Kyoto...
 
Jakotsu shifted slightly in his sleep as if trying to get more comfortable. Bankotsu wondered if he should also move so that the cross-dresser could lean back in his arms. But worry about waking him up, when there was still an hour and a half left to go, made him sit still. Instead, Bankotsu contented himself with watching Jakotsu's eyelashes flutter while he dreamt, and listening to him snore softly. The movement of the train started to lull him to sleep as well, and before he knew it, Bankotsu was adding his own snores to the mix.
 
888
 
“Oh crap!! Get up, Sweetness!!” Bankotsu cried. He woke up with a start, thinking they were about to miss their stop.
 
Jakotsu looked over at him. “Relax, Ban honey, the train just pulled into the station about two minutes ago. Let's just wait until the other passengers disembark first. Besides, it's midnight and this is the last stop for the night.”
 
“You're awake?” Bankotsu blinked owlishly at his life-partner.
 
“Yeah... I do this all the time. I'm used to waking up the minute the train stops.” The cross-dresser smiled. “Come, let's go.”
 
They left the train, following the small crowd of people out to the street. At twelve midnight, Tokyo was full of people enjoying the nightlife. It was a different crowd from the one that haunted the streets during the day. It was younger, hipper, and in some instances, more outrageously dressed than their “tamer” daytime counterparts.
 
Bankotsu took his life-partner's hand as they navigated the crowds hanging out in front of the various bars, clubs, and coffee shops that lined the street in the heart of downtown Tokyo.
 
“Ban honey, can we take a cab?” Jakotsu asked. “I figure the sooner we get home, the quicker we can have some welcome home fun.”
 
Bankotsu laughed. “Okay.” He looked over at the cross-dresser and squeezed his hand.
 
“Oh, don't give me that look. I take a cab because I don't like walking around this late at night by myself. Coming home that much quicker to you is just gravy.”
 
“And we all know how much you like `gravy,'” the younger man said, chuckling.
 
“You'd better believe it!” the cross-dresser smirked. “How else do you explain how I got like this?” he asked, patting his stomach.
 
“Wardrobe department?” Bankotsu quipped.
 
Jakotsu laughed, and pulling out his cell phone, he called a cab. Minutes later, it arrived and they quickly piled inside. Bankotsu sat on the right and stared out the window at the passing scenery, while Jakotsu mirrored him on the left. They rode in companionable silence and Jakotsu counted the streetlights in his head. Five, six, seven, eight, nine, three more and we'll be home...
 
“You okay, Sweetness?” Bankotsu said quietly, pulling the cross-dresser from his thoughts.
 
“Uh-hunh... I was just thinking about the road home and how nice it was having you by my side this time.” Jakotsu smiled. “Hey look, we're home!”
 
“Yeah...” Bankotsu said. He paid for the ride and followed Jakotsu out of the cab.
 
The cross-dresser took his hand and they walked slowly up the path to their apartment building, before disappearing inside. He looked over at his life-partner and smiled, before leaning over and kissing him. The road home is definitely much better when you're by my side as home is just a kiss away...