InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Extortion, violence (kiss 21) ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Extortion, violence (kiss 21)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
Special thanks to Jen for her awesome suggestions! I know this fic wouldn't be the same without them!
 
888
 
“Ban honey, can you help me with this?” Jakotsu held up the pregnancy suit.
 
“You seriously want to wear that thing today? Don't we have a million and one things to do before Rin's shower?” Bankotsu said lazily. He was still lying in bed, and the thought of all the running around the cross-dresser was going to have him do today made him want to pull the blankets up over his head and sleep until tomorrow.
 
“Yes. You don't want the studio calling you up again when I keel over again after wearing it without being used to it, or do you? Remember it's still about a three hour trip from here to Kyoto no matter how fast the train's running.”
 
“I know... I just don't want anyone thinking you're stealing the limelight from Rin or worse, having her think you're making fun of her.”
 
“I would never do that and you know it!” Jakotsu huffed. “Fine, have it your way!” He dropped the pregnancy suit onto the bed. “I'll wear something else.”
 
“Well, I'm only saying that because I love you...” Bankotsu soothed, however it fell flat.
 
“Whatever. Besides, I just remembered, I don't have anything to wear with it. Damn it!” the cross-dresser swore. He hurried over to his dresser and found a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt to wear. “Get up, Ban honey! We don't have all day!”
 
“I know... But why couldn't we have this over at Sessh's place or Inuyasha's? Isn't this something Kagome should be doing?” Bankotsu whined as the last thing he wanted to do was clean the house and run around like a crazy person, getting things ready for tonight.
 
The cross-dresser wordlessly huffed while he got dressed. He disappeared into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Five minutes later, when he emerged from the master bath, he walked past Bankotsu like he was not even there and headed towards the living room.
 
The younger man stood there, open mouthed, unable to believe what had just happened. Bankotsu quickly got dressed and brushed his teeth, before hurrying after the cross-dresser.
 
888
 
Jakotsu banged around the living room, making as much noise as possible to show his annoyance with his life-partner. Every time Bankotsu, who was busy moving the dining room chairs into their bedroom, asked what was wrong, he either got a blank stare or a simple “nothing.” The younger man knew from experience that “nothing” meant something seriously was wrong, but he had no idea what it was. And if there was one thing Bankotsu hated, it was dancing around an issue, while trying to guess what it was.
 
“Sweetness, what's wrong?” he tried in vain again.
 
“Nothing...”
 
“You sure?” Bankotsu asked.
 
“Yes!” the cross-dresser said tersely.
 
“Then why were you banging stuff around before?” And giving me a headache?
 
“Because!”
 
“Are you sure you're not upset about something?” Please tell me... the suspense is killing me because I can't fix it if I don't know what it is...
 
“Yes! But if you don't know; then forget it!” Jakotsu cried peevishly. He turned and pounded the pillows on the sofa in an attempt to fluff them up. Bankotsu had the feeling his life-partner would rather be pounding his head and he breathed a short sigh of relief when Jakotsu went to get the furniture polish.
 
“If you had told me sooner about the party, I would have made arrangements for the cleaning lady to come...” Bankotsu trailed off softly when the cross-dresser returned with the polish and glared at him.
 
“I did. But you were so busy trying to get in my pants that you weren't paying attention.” Jakotsu walked over to the dining room table and sprayed it with polish.
 
“Oh...” Shit!
 
“Never mind...” the cross-dresser said wearily as he began dusting the dining room table, before moving onto the buffet. When he was finished, he headed into the living room to repeat the process on the coffee table and end tables.
 
Bankotsu stood there, silently watching him the whole time, while the cross-dresser ignored him.
 
Jakotsu stood there, a dust cloth in one hand and a can of spray polish in the other. He had just finished dusting the furniture and was taking a minute to admire his handiwork.
 
Bankotsu crept up behind him and put his arms around the cross-dresser.
 
“Do you mind?” Jakotsu said tersely. “I have work to do.”
 
“Hunh?” The younger man blinked in confusion as he let go. “But you look so cute in your apron... that I ummm...”
 
Jakotsu turned to face him. “It's not going to happen after the way you've been acting today. No nooky for you until you learn to behave.”
 
“What?!” Bankotsu sputtered.
 
“You heard me. No nooky until you behave.” The cross-dresser pushed past him and headed towards the kitchen.
 
“But I didn't do anything!” Bankotsu trailed along behind him.
 
“You did too! First you refused to help me with something that's vital to my job, and secondly you complained about doing something nice for a friend. The only reason I volunteered to have it here is because this is the last place Rin would expect.” And in a sense this is the closest I'm ever going to come to getting one myself. It's bad enough I missed out on a wedding shower because everyone assumed I didn't want one. Well, I'm not missing out on this! He glared at his life partner.
 
Bankotsu glared back at him. He was sorely tempted to tell the cross-dresser to clean the apartment by himself, but the thought of having Jakotsu home for a week with nothing to do but stare angrily at each other made him keep quiet. Instead, he softened his gaze, and asked sweetly, “What do you need me to do?”
 
Jakotsu smiled back at him. Sweet talking me still isn't going to get you any nooky, Ban honey... “You can vacuum the rugs while I call Kagome and find out who's bringing the food.” The cross-dresser waved and left the room.
 
“Sweetness, what if we go shopping tomorrow for ummm... maternity clothes?” Bankotsu called out to him. Oh hell, I can't believe I said that! He rubbed tiredly at his forehead.
 
“Maybe,” the cross-dresser called out as he paused by the phone in their bedroom.
 
“Maybe?”
 
“Yeah, it depends on how I feel tomorrow. I might want to go by myself.” I wonder if he finds the idea of me being pregnant disturbing... Does this mean he doesn't want children at all or just not with me...?
 
“Sweetness, I'm sorry for whatever I did or failed to do,” Bankotsu said sweetly while he hauled the vacuum cleaner out of the hall closet.
 
“I'll let it drop for the moment, I really don't want to be fighting during Rin's shower, but if you really want to show me you mean it, you're going to have to do something to really make it up to me,” Jakotsu said. He walked out of the bedroom and over to his life-partner.
 
“Like what?”
“I don't know yet, all I do know is you've made me feel even more uncomfortable about wearing that stupid pregnancy thing than I was before.”
 
“I'm sorry.” Bankotsu kissed his life-partner's cheek.
 
“Thank you, but you're still not off the hook.” Jakotsu's expression softened a bit.
 
The younger man smiled. “How about I get us a room at that little onsen you liked in Izu?”
 
“No. I can't go, Ban, I have a week to get used to that damned suit and you know that! Going to an onsen means sitting around naked which is a lot of fun but next to impossible with that damned suit on! No, it has to be something good like... Like you wear it for a day so you know what it feels like!” That stupid thing weighs a ton by the end of the day and it's hot and it's also awkward to move around in.
 
Bankotsu laughed. “You're kidding me, right?”
 
“Does it look like I'm kidding?” Jakotsu asked. The cross-dresser stood there with his arms folded neatly across his chest. He smiled sweetly at his life-partner and said, “But if it's too much to ask....” Jakotsu heaved a long suffering sigh. “I guess this means you're okay with no nooky while I'm here, which means it's going to be about two weeks before you get some because I'm going back to work a week from tomorrow.”
 
“What?!”
 
“You heard me, you either wear that damned thing so you know exactly how serious I am about the need to get used to it, or you give up nooky for two weeks!”
 
“That's extortion!”
 
“I know... Playing a yakuza thug in that movie really paid off.” Jakotsu smiled and walked into the kitchen. Picking up the phone, he dialed Kagome. “Hey, Kags... Yeah, it's me, Jaki... I'm calling about the food... What? Inu-chan'll be here in an hour with it? Okay... thanks! Bye!” He hung up.
 
888
 
Jakotsu sat at the kitchen table, wrapping candy in little tulle circles, while Bankotsu tied a bit of ribbon around to keep them closed. Several times he looked up and was about to say something to his life-partner only to close his mouth, frown and go back to assembling the little party favors.
 
“Now what's wrong, Sweetness?”
 
“Nothing...”
 
“Don't give me that crap; something's wrong or you wouldn't be sitting there, making faces at me. Are you going to tell me or what?”
 
Jakotsu sighed. “I was thinking...”
 
The younger man snorted in amusement. “That can be a dangerous thing.”
 
The cross-dresser was clearly not amused. “I was thinking about children,” he said softly.
 
“Oh.”
 
“Yeah....”
 
“Why? Did you want one?”
 
Jakotsu shrugged. “I don't know... a part me doesn't, because I don't like the idea of sharing you with anyone.” He looked his life-partner in the eye. “And yet, there's a part of me that ummm...”
 
“Yeah...?”
 
“Well...” The cross-dresser sighed. “I suppose if I really was a woman, I'd probably be pregnant because the idea of carrying your baby is a pleasant one...” Jakotsu smiled wistfully. “But we all know that ain't happening. So forget it.”
 
“We could look into adoption.”
 
“I said forget it, Ban. It's a stupid idea. I shouldn't have brought it up.”
 
“Okay...” Bankotsu said patiently.
 
“Great! I knew you wanted children!” Jakotsu pushed away from the table and got up. He quickly left the room.
 
“Sweetness!” Bankotsu did the same, and hurried after him. He found his life-partner in their bedroom, staring at his pregnancy suit as it lay at the foot of their bed. Bankotsu walked up to him and wrapped his arms around him from behind. He refused to let go, even though Jakotsu had stiffened under his touch.
 
“I want to be alone, Ban... honey.”
 
“Okay.” Bankotsu started to leave, but turned around and picked up the pregnancy suit. He stared at it for several minutes and said, “Here, I'll move this out of your way as I think you should lie down and take a quick nap before Inuyasha gets here.”
 
“Fine.” The cross-dresser rubbed his temples tiredly, before lying down on the bed.
 
“Have a good nap, Sweetness.”
 
“Thanks, and be careful with that.”
 
“Okay...” Bankotsu took the suit with him into the living room.
 
888
 
Bankotsu sat the pregnancy suit down next to him on the sofa and switched on the TV. He channel surfed for several minutes, before finally settling on a crime drama. Try as he might, Bankotsu found it hard to ignore the suit's presence. Giving into temptation, he picked it up, and standing up, tried putting it on. Since the mass of padding was designed to fit Jakotsu, it hung awkwardly on him. Chuckling softly, he sat and patted his new stomach, before trying to pull it down, as the padded breasts were now up around his neck. After wiggling around for a few minutes, to get the bottom out from under his butt, he was able to spread it open. After that the suit settled nicely on him like a blanket.
 
When Jakotsu woke up from his nap, a half hour later, he annoyed to see Bankotsu sitting there, wearing the suit. “What are you doing?”
 
“Watching TV.”
 
“I mean why are wearing that thing?” A tiny hint of annoyance started to creep into the cross-dresser's voice.
 
“Dunno...” Bankotsu looked up at his life-partner. “You did say I had to wear it or no nooky.” He grinned at the cross-dresser.
 
Jakotsu rolled his eyes at him. Idiot! “I was angry when I said that and I didn't mean it. Do you have any idea how much that thing cost to make?” he said tersely.
 
“No...” But you're going to tell me.
 
“More yen than you or I make in a year as it's custom fitted to me, designed to be easily expanded as Emiko's pregnancy progresses, which means it'll be back each time they add to it. And it took three months of fitting and cutting and pinning and planning and generally making me crazy before they came up with this design. And that's not even counting the day I spent wearing it just to have my new measurements taken for wardrobe. The damned thing weighs about fifteen pounds now, which is about six or seven kilos but by the time Emiko's ready to give birth, I was told it could easily weigh up to thirty pounds.” At his life-partner's blank stare, he added, “I forget you didn't grow up with pounds, but that's like thirteen, fourteen kilos! And add hot studio lights, annoying directors, and wardrobe and make-up people fussing over you and you get-”
 
“Okay, okay!”
 
“It's not okay! You take that thing off right now and go put it on the bed and don't mess it up!” Jakotsu glared at him, reminding the younger man of his aunt when she had had enough of his cousins and him horsing around.
 
“Okay!”
 
“I'm serious, Ban!”
“I know!” Damn it! If you don't calm down, I'm going to tie you up and throw you in the closet, so I don't have to listen to your bullshit, until five minutes before the party starts. It's either that, or I'm outta here until then. Bankotsu headed towards the bedroom.
 
Jakotsu watched him go, before collapsing on the sofa. Why do you pick the worst times to be a smartass? I'll never know... but putting that on for forty five minutes, doesn't get you off the hook. Maybe tomorrow when everything's calmed down, you can wear it the whole day, like I said. If not, then I'll just have to think of something else that's if my brain doesn't explode from this headache.
 
888
 
Inuyasha arrived an hour later with the food. Since there was a lot of it, he was going to be forced to make several trips up and down from the apartment's parking lot to their apartment unless he talked Bankotsu and Jakotsu into helping him lug the boxes upstairs. However, he was unprepared for the sight that greeted him when he rang the doorbell. “Uh, Ban...?” The black haired guitarist stood there at a loss for words.
 
“Yeah?” Bankotsu said as he let him in. In a perverse moment of rebellion at the cross-dresser's bitchy and demanding mood, he left the pregnancy suit on. It hung loosely on him, the bottom of the small padded belly hitting him mid-crotch. It was not so bad when he stood there, but it got to be just as annoying as Jakotsu when it kept hitting him there as he walked around in it.
“What the hell are you wearing?”
 
“Jak's pregnancy suit,” Bankotsu deadpanned.
 
“Oh-kay...” Inuyasha drawled. “Any special reason why you're wearing it, or is it better I don't ask?”
 
“It's better you don't ask, that way when I kill him you won't know enough, and I can get off with justifiable homicide,” Jakotsu said as he came over to them and glared at his life-partner. Don't think having Inu-chan here is going to save your ass, Ban honey. He hurried over to Inuyasha and took the box laden with food for the party. Without a word he headed into the kitchen, followed by the other two.
 
“I have more in the trunk of car.”
 
“You need help?”
 
“I could use a little. I have two more boxes. The girls...” he trailed off as he stared at Bankotsu. “Saggy boobs aren't a good look for you, Ban,” Inuyasha teased and his boss grinned.
 
“The girls what?” Jakotsu prompted while he made room in the fridge for first box of food.
 
“Made a ton of food. You know, there are times when you two make me awful glad I'm straight,” Inuyasha teased. “And this is one of them.”
 
“Yeah?” Jakotsu said, “Well, this is one of those times I'm seriously thinking of going over to the dark side.”
 
They stared expectantly over at Bankotsu.
 
“Hey! You're the one who said I had to wear it or else!” the younger man pointed at his life-partner.
 
“No, I said I had to wear it and you were the one coming up with all sorts of reasons for me not to, so I told you no nooky until you took me seriously. But if you have a problem with it, then after the party, I'm going back to Kyoto because I need to wear it so that I'm used to it and it looks natural on camera.”
 
Before Bankotsu could get out a tart reply, Inuyasha interrupted him, “Guys, I'm going to go down to my car and get the rest of the food and while I'm gone you two can argue to your hearts' content. I really don't want to be in the middle of things.” He grinned at them. “What can I say? I hate conflict. And I'll uh... be back as soon as I can.”
 
“Wait! I'm coming with you, during which time someone, who shall remain nameless, will get out of that thing and start setting up the buffet stations on the dining room table,” the cross-dresser said as he gave his life-partner the “look.”
 
“Fine.”
 
“Thank you...” Jakotsu smiled sweetly at Bankotsu and walked past him.
 
The younger man mentally shrugged. Whatever... I don't know what's gotten into you today, Sweetness, but you're a royal pain in the ass. I just hope you calm down before the party starts. He watched them go. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better about not having a baby, or having a baby... You've got me so confused as to what you want that whatever I say will be the wrong thing anyway...
 
When they returned with the last of the food, Bankotsu had taken off the pregnancy suit and was busy setting up the dining room table.
 
“Thanks, Inu-chan. I'll see everyone later tonight. And Sessh knows what time he's supposed to get here, right?”
 
“Yup! As much as I'd like to stay, I'd better get home. Catch you later!”
 
Jakotsu chuckled at their friend's impatience to get out of there. “Okay,” he said as he walked him to the door.
 
“Bye, Inuyasha!” Bankotsu called out from the dining room.
 
“Later, Ban!”
 
Bankotsu waited in the dining room for Inuyasha to leave. “Sweetness, you got a minute?”
 
Jakotsu slowly approached him. “Yeah. Why?”
 
“We need to talk.”
 
“About what?” the cross-dresser said apprehensively.
 
“About babies... if you want one or not,” Bankotsu said, taking his life-partner by the arm, and steering him towards the living room sofa.
 
Jakotsu smiled as they sat down. “I'd rather have a cat.”
 
“I'm serious, Jak.”
“So am I.” He looked away and back. “Look, you know as well as I do, that I spend half my life in Kyoto and half here. Truthfully, I'd rather be here, but since that's not possible...” He shrugged. “And I don't want to be an absentee parent either. And I know it's extremely selfish of me, but honestly, I really don't want to share you with anyone else, including our child. But if you want children, I won't stop you from leaving.”
 
“Excuse me? Who said anything about me leaving? Or wanting children if you don't? I want what's going to make you happy, because that's what'll make me happy. So if you don't want a child; that's fine with me. I like being `Uncle Ban' to all our friend's kids and I know how much you love being `Aunty J.' But if you don't want to be a mom or a dad, that's fine. I'm not going to get angry about it. What I will get angry about is you always pushing me away like that. I'm not those assholes you dated before. I'm in it for the long haul, Jak, and if you don't like that, well it's tough.” He took the cross-dresser's hand in his.
 
Jakotsu said nothing. He could not bring himself to look at his life-partner.
 
“Sweetness, I know it's hard being a childless couple when all your friends have children,” Bankotsu said, pausing to catch his life-partner's eye. “And I know this because my cousin spent a lot of time being miserable about this. And you must remember how happy she was when she and her husband finally adopted a child.” He squeezed Jakotsu's hand. “Now I'm not saying we have to, but we can think about it. Or you could simply enjoy Emiko-chan's pregnancy and leave it at that.”
 
Jakotsu nodded.
 
“And if you feel like playing with a baby, I'm sure Sessh and Rin would love to have you babysit,” Bankotsu said. He was glad when the cross-dresser finally smiled.
 
“Yeah...”
 
“But if you ever and I mean ever tell to me to leave again, I will. Understood?”
 
Jakotsu swallowed nervously and nodded. He nibbled on his fingernail. “I'm sorry...” he said softly.
 
“You'd better be, or else.”
 
“Or else, what?”
 
“Or else I'll paddle your behind,” Bankotsu grinned.
 
“You wouldn't dare!”
 
“Try me.”
 
“That's extortion!”
 
Bankotsu laughed. “That's not extortion, Sweetness, that's a threat of violence.”
 
“Oh yeah...” the cross-dresser said sheepishly.
 
“Good. Now I promise to behave as long as you promise not to tell me to get lost.”
 
“And I promise to never tell you to get lost as long as you behave...” Jakotsu said as he leaned in for a kiss. And that means you still have to wear the suit tomorrow...
 
888
 
Please if you liked this fic, let me know... Feedback is good for an author's soul and good for you too as that way I know if you're enjoying this or not. Thanks!
 
Also, just out of curiosity, what astrological sign do you think Ban is? My friend, Jen, and I figure that Jak is a Libra. If you want to hazard a guess, let me know in your review. Please also let me know why you think he's the sign that you picked.