InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 72 Hours ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

72 Hours
By: DarkCrystalis

Disclaimer:
I don't have one, you evil owners of Inuyasha people (which don't include me, I might add). However, if I create any original characters, they are all mine to do whatever I want with.

XxXx

Chapter Five-Epilogue

Day Three-
Second Half


Kagome lay in bed, not uttering a word

but that was mostly due to the fact that she couldn't.

Minutes ago, Kagome
's life faded away in the dim light of the room, her body being feebly held in Inuyasha's embrace until the very last breath left her.

An unsaid understanding of love had passed through the two of them before she died; they knew that they felt deeply for one another. It didn't need to be said—it was justthere.

Even hours afterwards, Inuyasha didn't relent his hold on her as he continued keening and whimpering at his lost love. His eyes were deadpan; cold, lonely, and empty, just like his soul.

Kagome was gone—and so was a part of him.

Forcing a sad smile onto his face, he recalled what had happened before she left his side for forever.

She was at her weakest point yet; just opening her eyes required a huge amount of effort.

Time was ticking, and Kagome could feel the end coming nearer with each passing minute.

Whispering hoarsely to him,
Hold me—and don't let go,Inuyasha complied without a second thought.

He lay down beside her, pulling her near lifeless body against his own.

“I'm not leaving you,he whispered in her ear, feeling tears prick his eyes. Even if you leave me—I'll never leave you.I'll never let go—not until you tell me to; but promise me something. Promise me you won't forget that I'll never stop loving you.

Tears streaked down her cheeks, but she
was too immobile to wipe them away. With shaky fingers, Inuyasha did the small deed for her.

Isis thata—a promise?She asked, straining the words. I have a hard time with promises,Kagome explained, laughing in a forced manner.

It's a promise,he answered simply, feeling the tears fall down his own cheeks.

Whispering a weak
Thank you,he, in turn, smiled at her with a watery smile.

Not much else was said until her heart stopped, leaving her literally breathless.

Th-this is i-it,Kagome cried out, feeling herself choke on the lack of air pumping through her lungs. It's f-funny, you know. I s-sort of wanted to go out with a b-bang, not l-like this. God, I'm s-so t-tired…”

Shh baby, it'll be alright—I'm still here. Go take your eternal sleep now, love; do it now, before I don't let you.

After a few minutes, her body fell unconscious.


That was when he knew she was finally gone, and never coming back.

Tears continually fell down his face,
the grieving hitting him full force.

Inhaling her scent, he began whispering against her neck.


There'll never be another like you, Kagome; I'll never love another like you. I'll never smile again like I did with you, but most of all, no one will ever miss you like I do.

XxXx


---End---