InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis

Disclaimer:
I don't have one, you evil owners of Inuyasha people! (Which don't include me, I might add.)

Summary:

She's a quiet, studious pupil that attends every class, hands in every assignment, and keeps to herself. He's an obnoxious, loud, teenager that has no respect for anyone aside from his friends. However, at one point, their paths cross…and fate brings them together. [SR]

IMPORTANT NOTE: They look like their demon/hanyou forms (minus the tails, funky ears, and five inch nails), but neither of them are actually demons/hanyous. Sesshoumaru is also a little OOC…

XxXx

Chapter One

As I walked down the familiar hallway, I sighed. The textbooks in my hands, supported by my arms, were weighing me down, and I could feel them slipping as I made my way to the stairwell.

I did my best to grip the texts tightly, but to no avail; it was no sooner than a second later that the expensive hard covers and novels slipped down the steep angle of the stairs.

The well-balanced binders, which were on top of the textbooks, followed milliseconds later.

Adjusting the reading glasses which were perched on the top of my head, I quickly raced to pick up the mess from the floor. Sheets from inside the books had been thrown out in mid-air, scattering all over the uncleanly ground. The lined sheets of paper filled with my hand-written text, which used to be an off-white, were now lightly covered in brown dust.

People looked apologetically to me as they walked past, probably rushing to class. I ignored their stares, and continued doing what I had set out to do: cleaning up.

I made a disgusted face as I wiped my hand over the papers, praying for the only-god-knows-what to come off. Luckily, the class notes were spared.

Once all the books, binders, and novels had been gathered in my arms again, I made my way to my first period classroom; English.

Sitting down in my designated seat once I'd put down my backpack, I forced myself to smile at the teacher, nodding my head as I did so.

Enter the life of Rin Tanshu, a grade twelve high school student, quiet, withdrawn, and predictable.

The teacher settled himself on a chair in front of the class, and smiled brightly. In a booming voice, he announced, “Good morning, students of Yoshimoto High School! Welcome to your first day of grade twelve! I'm Mr. Kuranosuke Kyo, and I'll be your English teacher for the entire year. Before we get started, any questions?”

XxXx

Class hadn't been exactly what I'd hoped; it was boring, uneventful, and, quite frankly, useless. I could already tell you the number of ceiling and floor tiles the room was made of.

I scowled as I got up from my seat, knowing I would hate my final year. I pretty much loathed every year of high school, but I had an inkling that this would be the worst of them all.

I've never been the studious type, you see; I'm more of the badass that never does his homework and gets lucky on tests. My father doesn't care, though; he'll probably make me take over his company one day, since I'm the oldest sibling and all that.

Despite that, my life's been pretty easy. Fitting into high school was never a problem, and neither was becoming popular, although that was never my intention.

Even in my first year I had the last year students chasing me, wanting me to be friends with them. It was pathetic, actually; but why turn down such a potentially useful friendship? Their sickening devotion to me perturbed me, but I didn't let that show in my emotionless visage.

Through the years, instead of declining, my popularity increased; everyone knew me by name, and although teachers had a rough time with me, they knew to down-talk me was treading on thin ice. My father, far beyond famous in today's society, didn't take things too lightly when it came to negativity towards his sons.

Aside from that, life's pretty boring, and so are the people in it. I'm getting tired of everyone groveling at my feet, begging to be my friend, or hanging off my shoulder. I've always wanted to get to know someone who had their own mind and opinion, intelligence, and a strong sense of themselves.

Yeah, I sound like a fruit, but if you call me that, you're dead.

As I thought these things over more thoroughly, I was rudely interrupted when a young girl bumped into me, her books flying before I could stop anything from happening.

Immediately, she fell to her knees, picking up her belongings while avoiding my curious gaze.

No words were said as our interaction continued, but before I knew it, I was on the floor, helping her.

I was shocked into silence when she looked up at me, no rude, coherent phrases able to leave my mouth. Swallowing slightly, I took in the sight before me.

XxXx

I stared at him, my blue-grey eyes glowing in anticipation, and not knowing what to do. I've just dropped my books—again—in front of Sesshoumaru Taisho, the most popular person in school. I'd believed him to be an utter asshole, however I was astounded when he began assisting me by picking up my texts from off the ground.

Chewing my lower lip in nervousness, I muttered a nearly inaudible `thank you' before scuttling off down the busy hallway, doing my best not to be late for Calculus.

I could feel him watching me as I ran away, and chills ran up my spine. I desperately hoped I wouldn't have to run into him again, but then again, since when do I ever get a break?

XxXx

I watched as she ran away, feeling fear radiate off of her as she disappeared down the student-filled hallway. For a moment, I wondered what exactly had happened, but then shrugged off the meeting as a meaningless encounter.

Seeing Miroku, Kouga, Shippo, and Inuyasha not too far away, I saluted to them as they came towards me.

“Hey, what's up?” Kouga stated, lightly punching me in the shoulder. I wanted to punch him back for being such a wannabe, but I refrained. He wasn't worth getting suspended over; besides, I had a much cooler temper than that.

Instead of replying to him, I nodded my head towards Miroku, who nodded back in return. Now here was a guy I could respect; after all, he's lived in a shrine with his grandfather, Mushin, for his entire life. I heard that when he was young, he lost his parents in a tragic accident, which has left him with his grandfather.

As for Inuyasha, he's my half-brother. I'm obviously much better looking, smarter, and more popular, but he's not so bad, either.

Finally, there's Shippo. He's actually in grade eleven, but no one really gives a damn. He's pretty cool for being so young, and is really good in any math classes.

I think he mentioned being a math professor one day, but we always just mess up his hair, and call him runt; that's his nick name.

It's sort of funny, though; he talks as if he's got his entire life planned out ahead of him, yet he's not even done growing yet; Shippo's only 5'6.

After having said our very brief hellos, I was on my way to my next class, which happened to be Calculus.

Kouga, the idiotic wannabe, followed me. Apparently he has this class, too; but I don't know why. Math is far from his forte, and something tells me he'll be begging Shippo for help every step of the way.

Aside from that, I'm not looking forward to being with him. I can only stand a certain amount of that arrogant jerk everyday, you know.

XxXx

It's only second period, and I'm exhausted.

I know, I know, it's all my fault that I stressed about my first day of school for the billionth time in my life—like the nerd that I am,—but I couldn't help it.

I was up until three a.m., mentally checking and re-checking that I had everything planned and put together for the first day of school; from pens, to papers, to binders.

I even stressed over `what if the power goes out overnight, and re-sets my alarm clock, making it not go off in the morning?' but I quickly squashed that idea; I was giving myself a headache.

With effort, I picked my head up off of the desk, and chewed my bottom lip again when I saw Sesshoumaru sitting a few seats over.

He wasn't looking at me, but that didn't make me feel any better.

I looked up at the teacher, feeling my eyes droop closed tiredly. He's rambling on about…I have no idea about what, but for the very first time, I'm not listening; the worst part of it being I don't feel bad about it, either.

I had Mr. N. Mitsuko for another subject last year, and unfortunately, he talks every class, for the entire class. I'm absolutely positive that he likes to torture his students, but that's just my personal opinion. Overall, the guy's pretty creepy—but I'd really rather not think about that.

I felt a yawn happening, so I quickly put a hand over my mouth. A few people around me looked at me as I did this, but I didn't pay them any heed. What did they know about staying up late and worrying for their first day of school? They just weren't me, damnit.

Finally, the scraping of chairs around me broke me from my trance, the sound signaling that class was over. I silently thanked whatever gods at work that managed to keep me alive during the class, and suddenly hated myself for taking it.

I don't even know what I want to do for a career yet; maybe English, but that's not definite.

Placing all the books I could fit into my bag, I propped the rest of them in my arms, and moved quickly towards the library.
 
The hallways were crowded, and people pushed and shoved to get through. I almost dropped my books again, but somehow managed not to this time.

Loud voices carried over from behind me, making me cringe at the unnecessary volume. I turned around, and immediately recognized who they were. Sesshoumaru and his friends dominated the halls as they walked, and I was glad that I wasn't near by. The last thing I wanted, or needed, was another meeting with that arrogant asshole.

Sure, he might've helped me pick up my stuff, but that doesn't suddenly make him a good person in my books.

As I took a brief look at him, he stopped chatting with his friends and stared back, but no one else noticed. His nearly golden coloured eyes collided with mine, and I suddenly felt strange, and uncomfortable.

I turned around and dashed off for the library, not liking the feeling I had when he stared at me.

Once I reached the library, I crept inside, and went to a computer in the far back corner. I also snuck in my lunch and ate it while typing by the keyboard, keeping to myself until the music started, signaling it was time to go to class.

XxXx

I spent my lunch period with the guys, as usual. Even though it's a new school year, nothing's changed between us.

Due to the fact that I'm rich (and so is my half-brother, Inuyasha), I took them to the local diner for lunch in my silver Cadillac CTS. I'm so nice, letting them ride in my fifty thousand dollar car—in the back seat, no less!— but they don't think of it that way. They see a car as a car, and that's all it is.

Hmph, shows how much they know.

Anyway, it's just this small fish n' chip place, nothing special. I order fries, a burger, and a coke, and they follow suit. We chat, talk about some of the things we did in the summertime that no one mentioned, and before you know it, class is almost about to start.

This is where the fun comes in; I speed back to class at over a hundred kilometers an hour, pulling up in a parking spot ninety seconds before class begins. Then, we run our asses to class, barely catching the door before it closes.

Panting, the three of us (Shippo has a different class) enter the crowded classroom, and shrug our shoulders when everyone looks in our direction, as if to say `what took you so long to get here?'

Personally, I couldn't give a shit; what can they do to me? I'm Sesshoumaru Taisho.

XxXx

Author's Note

I'm baaaack…(Just like I promised, muahaha.)

I hope everyone has enjoyed my new SessRin sensation! Please read and review—it's very much appreciated!

Until chapter two!

Sincerely,

-DarkCrystalis